Dead Beat ✔(Editing)[1]

By Vanshika231

Formerly known as "Never Let Go - Trapped" Caitlyn King has a sweet, loving fiancé whom she is getting marrie... More

Prologue
Chapters
Male and female lead cast
Chapter 1 : Gift for fiancé (new)
Chapter 2 : The Stranger (new)
Chapter 3 : The Deal (new)
Chapter 4 : Stark grey eyes (new)
Chapter 5 : The guest (new)
Chapter 6 : Feast by Beast (new)
Chapter 7 : Glorius heartbreak (new)
Chapter 8 : Hell broke (new)
Chapter 9 : Sour manners (new)
Chapter 10 : Wedding plannings (new)
Chapter 11 : Tied knot (new)
Chapter 12 : Fire & Ice (new)
Chapter 13 : Wine effect (new)
Chapter 13 [Curly troubles]
Chapter 14 [Ruler of hell]
Chapter 15 [Son of bettle]
Chapter 16 [Neck fetish]
Chapter 17 [Fun in boring life]
Chapter 18 [Invitations]
Chapter 19 [Phone and red]
Chapter 20[Too easy]
Chapter 21 [Brother copy]
Chapter 22 [Royality check]
Chapter 23 [A sadist]
Chapter 24 [Crazy rambles]
Chapter 25 [Room details]
Chapter 26 [First mistake]
Chapter 27 [Make her care]
Chapter 28 [Bitter reality]
Explaination!
Chapter 29 [Running away]
Chapter 30 [Tragedies happen]
Chapter 31 [In blood]
Chapter 32 [The threats]
Chapter 33 [Lips to lips]
Chapter 35 [Girly talks]
Chapter 36 [Lock in room]
Chapter 37 [Handsome man]
Chapter 38 [The intimacy]
Chapter 39 [True face]
Chapter 40 [Lizard, pig]
Chapter 41 [The promise]
Chapter 42 [Wait, what]
Chapter 43 [Love kiss]
Chapter 44 [Pool of embarrassment]
Chapter 45 [Short blouses]
Chapter 46 [Italy chase]
Chapter 47 [The handcuffs]
Review
Completed & Sequel!
Chased By Him
His Good Girl
covers for the book
Under the Bedsheets

Chapter 34 [Please no]

3K 170 52
By Vanshika231

"Welcome to the party, Mr. King." I shuddered and cursed under my breathe as Mr. Bradford's pleasurable voice reached my ears. I smiled forcibly as I saw him and my father shaking hands while eyeing each other. God!

"Dad!" I exclaimed excitedly to ease off the tension in the air and hugged him immediately. I looked around to find no traces of Drayton and his wife. They were thankfully gone from here already by the time we reached. God bless that waiter who offered us drinks a while back.

I exhaled in relief as I remembered how I made a scene with a waiter earlier. He was offering us grape bear and to divert Mr. Bradford's mind, I had shouted at him to bring me four shots of chilled, red wine with no ice cubes. 

I retreated back and turned to my mother who was smiling at me in affection. It hardly affected me if she smiles at him too but what concerned me was whether he would smile back at her or not? Please, don't talk to him, mom.

"My baby, how are you, Cait? We missed you so much, baby. You totally forgot us? You didn't even call us after coming back!" She chided as she took me in a tight and warm hug, choking me. I missed this warmth and her indifferent behavior.

You don't even know mom that how much I appreciate your sweet nature!

"Ah, mom. Can I ever forget you? Com'on, you know your daughter better than anyone. I can never forget you and dad. Even if someone forces me to do that." I spoke while pouting and kissing her and dad's cheek twice.

She rolled her eyes and chuckled, shaking her head at me. The moment I dreaded for, came. She turned her neck at Mr. Bradford and forwarded her steps towards him. In human's life, there are two things that happen! One, your mouth goes dry when you fear something and another is that your salivary glands start producing too much saliva when you are afraid too much of something.

And mine was second case.

I swallowed hard when I saw my mother engulfing him in a hug. I saw as his body stilled but turned soft soon. My eyes almost popped out when I saw him reciprocating the efforts done by my precious mother. I coughed hard and patted my chest as I choked on my saliva. This diverted their attention. 

In seconds, Mr. Bradford was at my side. He took me in a hug and patted my back as his other hand kept rubbing my neck in comfort. I shivered unintentionally and gasped while shifting my gaze towards his eyes. 

"Are you fine now, Caitlyn?" He asked as he put his palm at my face and looked at me in concern.

What in the world has gotten into him?!

I  humbly nodded without putting much pressure on my mind and took huge gulps of air to calm the greed of my lungs for air. 

"Are you good, princess?" I turned my gaze as I saw my dad concerning over me. I inhaled sharply and removed myself slowly from his embrace and smiled at dad.

"I, Caitlyn King, assure you that your daughter is very much fine, sir! You don't need to stress over her, young man. Trust her a little atleast, she is fine." I squared my shoulders and put my hand on my heart and curtsied before him as I spoke in a heavenly, thick voice.

He laughed as he shook his head, amused. He turned his sharp and vice gaze at Mr. Bradford. He looked at him for a good minute while me and mom gossiped about some affairs. Both men seemed to be in their staring contest when I interrupted. 

"Honey, we shall meet others too! Let's go, don't be so hostile." 

"Yes, sure. Lead the way." 

I was surprised that he agreed but nonetheless I cannot take a chance of leaving dad or him alone. Drayton too. All men are impossible. I waved at mom slightly as we left them and I dragged him to the corner where I saw the bar. 

I sighed in relief as I dropped myself on the stool after grabbing one glass of bear and dipping two ice cubes in it. I turned my gaze to see Mr. Bradford looking at me sharply. What happened now?! I raised my eyebrow at him, silently asking him what crawled up his pants!

"Get up, we are going to dance, now." He ordered as he offered my his hand. I ignored him and continued taking shots after shots. It felt good to feel the burning throat yet the cooling sensation.

"I don't want to."

I hissed in annoyance as the glass alongwith the bottle was snatched cruelly from my hand. I glared up at him and scrunched my face in anger. 

"Get up. Don't make me angry."

"If I said, I'm not in the mood, don't you get it? Go and grab someone else." I bellowed and folded my arms. The truth was, I would have loved to dance but with someone else. I looked around to see that most of the guests have come by now. The hall was full with people. I knew some of them but most of them were unknown to me. 

He didn't even care to invite my list of guests. He should have atleast asked me if I wanted to invite anybody or not. 

 I shrieked and shouted in fear as I was suddenly hauled up in air. Everything seemed to be turned upside down as I tried to gauze what happened in the nugget world! I gasped in horror as I realized I was on the shoulder of Mr. Bradford and everyone's attention was on us.

"Mr. Bradford,  put me down right now. Everyone is watching! Please, put me down." I hissed softly as I grabbed his shoulder to balance myself but could not seem to. If I would try to move in his hold, I'm afraid, I would fall first with my face to the floor.

I pounded my fists on this back lowly after he didn't reply to me. I turned beetroot red as I saw everyone in the hall gathered and hooting for us. God, this is so embarrassing. 

"Okay, okay. Listen, I will dance but you just put me down. I beg you, please. Everyone is watching us only!" I pleaded in my not so soft voice.

He seemed to be in his own world, disregarding my words as if they held no value to him.

Ofcourse, they didn't.

I averted my gaze slightly to see that we were near the dance floor now. I sighed in relief inwardly and tighten my grip on him. As we reached, he put his hand from my knees to my waist and brought me down on the floor. I stumbled as soon as he put me down. I grabbed his shoulder for support as black dots appeared in front my vision.

I took a deep breathe and calmed my wildly beating heart. I opened my eyes to see the lights were turned off and we were in the spotlight. I blushed furiously as I was suddenly aware of the amount of attention on us. I looked up at him accusingly and removed my hand from his shoulder.

I stiffened as he put his hand on my waist suddenly and pulled me with a force towards him. My hands reflectivily went to his shoulder as our bodies collided with each other. I wanted to say to him to stay away from me but could not seem to pick up the strength for that. 

He brought his hand to that of mine and curled his finger with mine as we heard a soft music playing in background. I relaxed as we just swayed to left and right whereas our steps matched on their accord. I was getting accustomed to this when he suddenly brought my hand in front of him and gave me a backward push and then pulled me with more force towards him.

I gasped as he positioned his hand on my bare back again and roamed his finger in circle. I kept my eyes on his eyes as he twirled me again and again. I was out of breathe and focused on just him he kept dancing with me or more like, he kept playing with my body.

He will not leave my hand while dancing and let me fall on the floor, right? I hope so.

I visible panicked as the music turned a notch up and his steps and movements became more furious. He hauled me up with my knees on his chest and swirled swiftly and dropped me back on the floor and kept on dancing without any efforts. I had to give him that he really was a good dancer. 

Music turned soft and our steps became smooth and slow. I relaxed as the song came to end with me and him gazing at each other's eyes. I was breathing heavily wheres he was fine just as before. It did not seem like he just danced. His gaze bore deep into that of mine making me self conscious. 

What was he thinking?

I blinked to adjust my vision as lights were turned on again and everyone was appraising us. A man in brown suit came over to us and handed Mr. Bradford a mic and retreated back.

"I, Theodore Bradford, welcome you all here. This is the first time, me and my wife, Caitlyn Bradford, have come in front of public and therefore I proudly announce to you all that yes, we both are indeed married. So, cheers and enjoy the party."  

I looked around to see everyone looking at Mr. Bradford. Most of the women were gaping at him. Only if they know what he is, they wouldn't even dare to lift their eye in front of him. I have heard that when he goes to club, not even one stripper comes near him. Who knows that is true or not. 

I would have to ask him only.

I remained silent and kept smiling as he opened the bear cork. Everyone cheered and dispersed themselves in party. I flinched as I felt him grip my arm in a vice grip. I glared at him as he dragged me away from the dance floor. We came to a halt after reaching a secure corner. 

"You know what? You have two options. One, you go back upstairs and change into something less revealing. Second, I am giving you my blazer and you will wear that during whole party. Am I clear, Mrs. Bradford?" He sneered as he slammed his hands on either side of my waist on the wall behind me.

My breathe hitched as I looked up at the furious eyes of Mr. Bradford. His face was red with anger and jaw clenched so tightly that I thought it would dislocate one of the muscle, by mistake. 

"Am I clear, Mrs. Bradford?" 

His vicious voice brought me back to the world and I swallowed hard. 

"W–What?— Wait! Were you just ordering me to not to roam with my dress? You are such a..... pathetic man." I exclaimed in disbelief as I narrowed my eyes at him.

"I think, I was not clear enough, Mrs. Bradford. Is that so?"

Yes, you were not clear, enough. Or maybe you have some medical issue with your skull and senses. You better leave me and go get yourself checked up. I am sure, doctor would not be able to help you even. Am I not clear? Clear, my ass!

"I am not going to change anything. Am I clear, Mr. Bradford?" I questioned as I raised my eyebrow. If someone wants to learn the trick on how to make someone lunatic, he is the perfect person for that.

"Unfortunately, not. You are going to wear my coat, then. And I don't want any arguments on this. I'm sure that I am clear this time." He muttered adamantly while gritting his teeth.

He removed his blazer and lifted my hand upwards to put my it in the sleeve. But I snatched my hand back and hid it behind by back. 

"Why do you want me to wear this?" I smoldered with resentment as I pressed myself in the wall and scowled at him.

"Do you really want to know the answer to it?"

"Yes."

He assessed my face and his eyes went down to my chest. Exactly my cleavage. I squirmed and put my hand in defense on my chest as he kept looking there, making me uncomfortable. My fury sprang to life and I ended up marinating,

"Mr. Bradford! What are you doing?"

He chuckled in a grating sound making me press myself deeper in the wall. He stepped closer and looked up at my face with his grey orbs.

"Didn't you like that?" He asked as he lifted his eyebrow. I breathed through my nose as my body jolted with anger.

I remained silent and clenched my right fist.

"Do you know that you look erotic, Mrs. Bradford? Do you know how bewitching you look? Here, it is just me looking at you and praising you. But outside? Hundreds of men. So, now take this blazer and wear it without any noise." He stated in his unamused, carefree voice and stepped back.

I was in a dilemma about what just happened. How could he say those words to me?! But.... but.... they were true. I grasped the coat from his hands and wore it. It smelled like him. 

It was not even that revealing! 

"Happy, Mr. Bradford?" I smiled sarcastically at him and pulled my hairs out from under the blazer.

"Better. Come." He mumbled and clutched my hand in his, again, dragging me to somewhere. I'm sure I would burst at the end of this night if he kept dragging me like a rag doll.

♤■■■♤

"Mrs. Bradford!" 

Our attention turned to the huge mass of media in the left of us. Probably waiting for us. They do act like a fucking inspector sometimes. I fake smiled at them and draped my arm along with his highness.

"Mrs. Bradford, are you both thinking about merging your companies?" One of the reporter questioned as they took their seat. Yes, it was a fucking conference. 

"I don't intend do. Why don't you ask Mr. Bradford about that?" I spoke while shrugging my shoulders and smirking at Mr. Bradford. 

But before Mr. Bradford could say anything, one of the female reporter enquired,

"Mr. Bradford? Is that what you call your husband, Mrs. Bradford?"

My eyes widened slightly and I paled as I pondered over what to say. I felt Mr. Bradford snaking his arm under my arm, on the low waist. I relaxed and gained my facial features again. I knew, it was his gesture to tell me not to fret.

"There was one bet between us. I challenged her to call me Mr. Bradford  and she challenged me to call her Caitlyn. The one who looses will have to accept anything the winner says. So, I'm sure that you got your answer."

I forced myself to smile. He handled nicely. After that, they kept questioning us for minutes and we answered smoothly. When it was time for dinner, we bid our leave and offered them to have dinner. So nice of us, right?

There was one thing which was still bothering me. He lied there so smoothly and I was thankful to him for that. But why did he never ask me to call him by his name?  I mean, he could have forced me. He is such a dominant bastard and he could have forced me to call him Theodore easily.

"Penny for your thoughts, Mrs. Bradford?"

I flinched as he pinched me on my waist. Why did he care?

"Guess yourself."

"What if I tell you that I know what you are thinking?" He raised his eyebrow and came to sudden halt along with me.

"Answer then."

"Do you really want to know, Mrs. Bradford?" He whispered in a husky voice as he bent to my left ear. I shivered unintentionally and inhaled deeply through my nose, suddenly conscious of his breathe fanning my neck.

I nodded my head and locked my gaze with his. He stepped even more closer and pushed me to the corner. I gulped as my back hit the wall. I felt my cheeks heating up along with my ear.

"Because.."

I scrunched my face as he stopped speaking.

"Because, you arouse me when you call me Mr. Bradford,  Caitlyn." He whispered in his hoarse and husky voice lowly and slowly enunciating each and every word.

I gasped as my eyes widened and my lips parted on their accord. I went into silent therapy as I didn't know what to speak. I was dreaming, right? He does not have my fantasies about me, right? I closed my eyes and counted three in my mind and reopened them to see that it was not a dream.

God, this cannot happen.

"You are lying. Stop playing with me." I accused as I narrowed my eyes.

"You should know better, Mrs. Bradford. I don't lie."

♤■■■♤ 

♧ What about Mr. Bradford's confession? What do you feel?

Vote and comment, please! 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 68.6K 63
He pinned me to the wall and brought himself impossibly close to me. I was trapped, quite literally. He grabbed my ass and I gasped at the sudden gus...
481K 9.3K 51
Nathan Kingston has been forgotten by the world. A dad that fucked off when he was young and a mother gone days at a time with work he feels alone. E...
397K 14.2K 42
You have no idea how much I need boring. Two years after the murder of her parents Caia is finally ready to start anew. New name, new town, new schoo...
178K 2.8K 35
edited 🤍🩵 Book one to The Walkers Series Liana Hargrove is known as the nice girl. Always smiles at people, always says hello to everyone she sees...