STATUS

By AstrealBlood

Rafael Attkinson was just a typical student - by typical, I mean the almost perfect student which leads him t... More

A/N:
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 14
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
CHAPTER 36
CHAPTER 37
CHAPTER 38
CHAPTER 39
CHAPTER 40
CHAPTER 41
CHAPTER 42
CHAPTER 43
CHAPTER 44
CHAPTER 45
CHAPTER 46
CHAPTER 47
CHAPTER 48
CHAPTER 49
CHAPTER 50
CHAPTER 51
CHAPTER 52
CHAPTER 53
EPILOGUE
SPECIAL CHAPTER: SUMMER

CHAPTER 1

546 20 3
By AstrealBlood

STATUS
Chapter One

RAFAEL

I opened my eyes as I hear my alarm clock ticking. It was already five in the morning. "Right on time," I said to myself before I entered the bathroom. I took a bath for 10 minutes just like what Edidiong Kaminska, MD, said. 5-10 minutes of showering is enough to hydrate your skin without overdoing it.

I walked out of the shower room and picked my clean and tidy uniform. I checked if there's a wrinkled part and thankfully there isn't 'cause if there is, I would have to call the maids at this hour to iron my clothes. I guess the maid is aware about what I like and what I dont like. Everything has to be perfect, besides this handsome dude right here is about to be featured at the annual STATUS article.

"Oh, Mr. Perfect is up." I saw Claire, my younger sister walking down the stairs with her messy hair and wrinkled clothes. "Fuck off." I ate my sunny side up egg facing the right upper corner of the plate with one cup of rice. Walang labis walang kulang. Perfection.

"Yuck! Your hair is too perfect, mess this up right here— " I grabbed her arm to stop her. "As a student council president, I need to maintain perfection at all cost. I am a role model—"

"Oh shut up," unlike me, Claire is the opposite. In fact we are nothing alike. She likes rock music while I like jazz. Like seriously? Who likes music when you can only hear is screams. I have good grades while she's on the bottom of the hierarchy.

She's the complete opposite of me.

"I need to go, don't be late on your first day," she just came from US. She's being punished by Papa and Dad because of her behavior "Who says I'm going to school?" Sinamaan ko sya ng tingin, "What? Papa and Dad are not here," I let out a sigh and grabbed my bag.

"Do what ever you want, but never and I mean never ever get me involve of what ever that is you were doing. You'll be here for a few months Claire, so please don't be a nuisance." Mapang-asar na ngiti lang ang sinagot nya kaya iniwan ko nalang sya na masayang kumakain.

When I arrived at school everyone greeted me. I am a role model here in this school, not only because we own this, it is also because I'm the number one when it comes to academics. From extra curricular activities to academic contest, I am number one— but that didn't get me to a place I deserved to be.

I was walking until a girl approached me "M-Mr. President, " Napakunot ang noo ko. Why is she stuttering? Do I have something on my face? She does look familiar. Is she a freshman? Or a transfer?

"Mr. President, p-please don't stare. Im shy," I don't want to be rude so I gave her my famous smile. A smile that can melt anyone's heart. Napawi rin kaagad iyon ng may tumulong dugo sa ilong nya. Am I that handsome? "Here," I handed her a tissue. "It's pretty sunny outside, you should get back to class and also take care of yourself," I saw her blush and smiled at me. She waved bago umalis. "Ano nga ulit yung kailangan nya sakin?" Mahinang tanong ko sa sarili. I just shrugged 'cause to be honest, I don't really care.

"You look happy?"

"Oh fuck!" I cussed underneath my breath. I can't let anyone hear that. No one can hear that, as in no one! "Oh, Mr. Perfect do cuss," inirapan ko lang sya. This is Rachel Platten este Rachel Franz Melbourne. The club vice-president of the Newspaper Club and STATUS. To be Clear STATUS is a yearly article. The whole Magazine is entitled ATTKINSON's BEST. It is published under newspaper club. At year 2013, bumaba ang reads ng ATTKINSON's BEST so they decided to launch an article featuring the love lifes of the campuses famous students. It became a hit and they called it STATUS. And until now, STATUS became so famous that it became the most awaited article in the whole year.

"Why are you here? Diba next week pa ang interview?" I saw her sigh. "Bad news Mr. Perfect," my brow arched while waiting for her to say the next sentence, "you won't be featured in STATUS this year." Nagsalubong ang kilay ko. Did I get that right? "What?"

"You won't be featured in STATUS this year." Napalunok ako. This whole status thing means everything to me. "ANO!?" Medyo napalakas ang sigaw ko kaya napatingin samin ang ilang dumadaan.

"You won't be featured in STATUS this year," mariin akong napapikit. Seriously, this girl?! Mas lalong pinapasama ang araw ko. Ulit-ulitin ba naman "Alam ko! Putangina, wag mo ng ulitin," halata ang gulat nya. I maintained my calmness in front of everyone kahit ang totoo ay gusto ko ng sumabog. "Akala ko kasi nabibingi kana."

"Bakit daw?" My jaw tightened out of anger. They gave me false hope! "They found someone new," tila kinakabahan sya habang hinaharap ako, "Sino?" Napalunok sya. Am I that scary? "Trouble Dalton daw," wala na akong nagawa. There's no point on asking such things. Wala namang magbabago.

"Tsk!" tumalikod ako ngunit hindi nakatakas sa akin ang pag buntong hininga nya, as if she was relieved. "That was easier than I thought," I heard her say. I was clenching my fist when my phone rang, "What now?" Irita kong sabi bago sinagot ang phone.

"This is *** Police Station, may I talk to Rafel Angelo Attkinson please."

Police station?

There is only one person who would be in police station by now. What did you do this time Claire? "Speaking."

"This is Officer Sarmiento. I believe you are the brother of Claire Attkinson, am I right?" I massage the bridge of my nose. How can you be such a nuisance Claire?!

"Yes Officer, I believe my sister has done something wrong— again?" Panira ng araw. How can this handsome face of mine attract bad lucks? "Let's talk in the police station for better understanding," the call ended and I let out a sigh. I can't believe, I have to skip class for this.

I drive to the police station and when I entered, I immediately saw Claire, sitting and minding her own business. "Are you Rafael Attkinson? Im Officer Sarmiento, the one you talked on the phone," my attention was then focused on the Officer.

"What did my sister do this time Officer?" Sinenyasan nya akong maupo at yun nga ang ginawa ko, "Trespassing, the owner of the land was furious and wanted to sue her but she is underage. Now, the owner has decided to just let it go. Kapalit ng pag hingi ng tawad ng kapatid nyo po, but the problem is she doesn't want to say sorry," mas lalong nadag-dagan ang init ng ulo ko ngunit nanatili parin akong kalmado.

The owner of the land came and I was the one who said sorry, it's a relief that they accepted my apology in behalf of my sister.

Hindi ako nag salita habang nag lalakad kami ni Claire papunta sa kotse. If I talk one single word, Im afraid that I might hurt her feelings. I'm not really that perfect when I'm angry.

"Minamaktol-maktol mo dyan? Wag kang mag alala, di kita idadamay pag may nag sumbong kay papa at dad," napatigil ako sa paglalakad, "Just make sure." Malamig kong sabi sakanya. I haven't calm down yet. Everything is ruined at dumagdag pa sya. "I heard you will not be featured in STATUS?"

"And where did you hear that?" Medyo inis kong tanong, "It's on the school's facebook page, Btw? Who's this Dalton?"

"I don't know, maybe some of those hunks and jerks," mahina syang natawa, "Is this really that important to you? Kuya, it's just an article. It's not like you'll get something in return."

"Just an article?" Hindi makapaniwalang saad ko. I feel like my blood suddenly boils. "Get out" Malamig na sabi ko at itinigil ang kotse, "What the? Why are you reacting this way?"

"Get fucking out or I'll smash your guitar and tell you it's just an ordinary guitar," I remained as calm as I can. She's still my sister. "Get fucking out Claire."

"Anong sasakyan ko aber?!"

"Nasa labas tayo ng bahay!" I snapped. "Oh, we're here," hindi ko sya tinignan.

It's not because I'm obsessed with fame, all I want is privilege. That's all!

I drove back to the school but I didn't go to any of my class. It's not gonna hurt if I skip classes just this day. "Yo Attkinson, I heard you've been replaced,"

And they are here....

"What do you want?" Phillip Moldova, he has been featured in STATUS two times. "Nothing, ikaw kasi, talino lang ang meron sayo. May ari ka sana ng school."

"Oo talino lang ang meron sakin," nakangiting saad ko at nag lakad patungo sakanya, "Isang bagay na wala ka." Bulong ko at tuluyan syang nilagpasan.

I didn't look back and head to the rooftop. Just when I was about to enter, I saw someone standing on the edge.

Is he going to kill himself?

Not Here! Your gonna ruin the school's reputation!

To be Continued...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

63 5 1
Just a simple story. A junior see an intriguing senior, seeks everywhere for his identity, dig every hole to know more about him, falls head over hee...
23.5K 796 22
Max was like most other people, very nervous to go to high school, but he's best friend, Zoey, was very exited. Max had a secret that only Zoey knew...
532 5 83
Description Adelynn and Elias had just graduated high school, they started the next chapter of their lives by going to the hotel they have always wan...
1.9M 73.1K 34
After two years of being ruthlessly bullied, Bellamy's parents decided it would be a good idea to pluck the boy from his school and throw him into a...