Colors of Fate (EDITED/ON-HOL...

By SinisterInside

(On Hold) follow the journey of a special man named Sakti that can see the colors of Fate, he can see whethe... More

Character Sheet
Chapter 1 : Re-Start (Edited)
Chapter 2 : Reminiscence (Edited)
Chapter 3 : A friend
Chapter 4 : Premonition
Chapter 5 : Monochrome Road
Chapter 6: A Place to Call Home
Chapter 7: Daunting Reality
Chapter 8 : Make Your Choice
Chapter 9 : Everything's gonna be okay
Chapter 10 : Lost
Chapter 11 : Suspicious
Chapter 11.5 : in the pursuit of love (1)
Promote #1

Prologue : Regret (Edited)

252 33 18
By SinisterInside

(2027)

The silence of the dim office room was only broken by the soft ticking of a nearby clock. I worked quietly, consumed by the odd sense of peace that I felt whenever I heard a clock ticking.

"I'm sorry to bother your work, sir, but I would like to ask your permission to go home first." The words of my secretary reminded me that I had been working for twelve hours straight.

"It's okay, you can go ahead. I can tidy up myself."

She tidied her desk and gathered her things.

"Thank you for your work," I said.

My name is Sakti. I am twenty-seven years old and I majored in business. Much to most people's confusion, I am currently working in a psychology consultant firm- quite unrelated to my major.

Others would call me a weirdo, but I consider myself as special.

And not just in my career choices.

I can see other peoples' colours. I like to call them the colours of fate. I can see when people are lying, if they're happy, sad, guilty or innocent. Sometimes, I can see even see if something bad is going to happen to them,even when they're going to die soon.

"Damn, I need to finish my work soon."

My elbow knocked something as I got out of my chair to stretch my stiff body. A box with all my work files and personal things came crashing down the floor.

"Dang it, more work."

I crouched down to retrieve the fallen items. Among them was an old journal of mine from my high school days. When I move to pick it up, a few photos fall out.

The first was one of me and two friends in junior high.

I stared at it for a while. I knew that one of them had died and the other sentenced to life behind bars for attempted murder.

I also knew that he was telling the truth when he had denied involvement. And yet I had kept quiet, too afraid to say anything because all the evidence pointed directly at him.

The next picture was of my first love and high school friend, Sarah. I remembered the day she died like it was yesterday. Her colours had changed. If only I had believed in her, I could have helped her- she could still be here. If only I had been brave enough.

"If only."

I slammed the desk and shoved the photos back into the diary, which is also filled with articles of their different cases.

The cases of those I had failed to protect...

Suddenly, my smartphone rang and I glanced at the screen. The hospital was trying to contact me with a video call.

"Sir," the nurse starts to say, "Please come here quick, your mother just went into cardiac arrest."

At that moment, I saw it. The colours of fate. My mom was about to die.

"No- wait! I'll be there as soon as I can, please do anything you can to save her!" I shouted, running out of the office and to the bus stop nearby.

"Shit- hey! Wait for me!"

But the bus was gone.

"Fuck it," I cursed, already planning to run all the way to the hospital.

"Please make it in time," I willed, running as fast as I could until I finally reached the intersection of the hospital.

Then I saw it again.

The colours of fate.

This time, it was on myself.

"What-" I couldn't believe what I had seen. A black cat meowed, staring straight at me from the other corner of the pedestrian lane.

Before I could process what was happening, a truck came speeding towards me.

I guess this is it.

Fate finally had its claws on me.

Many would say that time waits for no-one, that it will go on indefinitely. And that Time and Fate are two things that are interconnected, because in time you will find the fate of your life and your fate itself affects the time you have in your life...

"Hey."

"Hang in there."

"I don't think he will make it..."

I hear murmurs from people around me. My sight becomes blurred and I finally close my eyes.

If only time is on my side, then I could fight against fate and fix everything...

If only...

(PROLOG END) - (Colors of Fate)

Colors of Fate 

Story By : SinisterSoul

Edited By : Sarakura0218

illustration By : SallyGozaly

Authors Note :

Hey everyone, nice to meet you i'm SinisterInside author of Colors of Fate, this will be my first project and also the first story that i decide to write, hope all of you enjoy the story thus far, i will be uploading more of the story in my spare time.

As this is my very first project and my very first story, i would like to say sorry if there are any grammatical error or unintended mistakes that i have made in the story. If any of you have any suggestions and critics, feel free to comment in the comment section.

Thank you for everyone support it would really mean a lot if you could vote this story and share it with your friends if you enjoyed my work.

Thank you again everyone, i dont even know how many times i've said thank you already XD

Well see you again in chapters to come everyone.

Ciaosuu~~~ 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.6K 623 35
#COMPLETED [HORROR-THRILLER] #34 in psychic-abilities #52 in psycho-thriller #60 in sociopath This is her adventure, she is narrating. Ava, a bea...
449 142 12
#WINNER♡ OF APRIL WRITING CHALLENGE OF #MYSTERYTHRILLERIN The narrative unfolds in a period when mental institutions were scarce in India. It sheds...
5.8K 1K 44
It isn't difficult to fall for a boy who is a natural charmer, complimented with a set of intimidating eyes and sunkissed smile...and especially if h...
1.5M 58.5K 64
Some people merely adopt darkness, but she was born into it. Hiding every gloomy secret, covering all the lies, she walks through the life devoid of...