how it feels to be alive {tom...

By fairiesandfeathers

It has been 20 years since the Battle of Hogwarts. Lucia is conflicted in her life, and even more so when she... More

how it feels to be alive
playlist
one: sweat
two: coffee
three: immortal
four: towel
five: lacy
six: alone
seven: war
eight: singing
nine: wish
ten: goosebumps
eleven: confrontation
twelve: movie
thirteen: feelings
fourteen: tension*
fifteen: fling
sixteen: clouds
seventeen: stoned
eighteen: touristy
nineteen: persuasive*
twenty: morality
twenty-one: irrevocably
twenty-two: polyjuice
twenty-three: borgin
twenty-four: damsel
twenty-five: ecstasy
twenty-six: magnolia
twenty-seven: comfort
twenty-eight: emptiness
twenty-nine: aching
thirty: hogwarts
thirty-one: desire*
thirty-two: rosier
thirty-three: joint
thirty-four: first day
thirty-five: victoire
thirty-six: lord
thirty-seven: detention
thirty-eight: fast fingers
thirty-nine: sober
forty: slughorn
forty-one: jealousy
forty-two: emeralds*
forty-three: change
forty-four: light and dark
forty-five: halloween
forty-six: kinky
forty-seven: dirty
forty-eight: hangover
forty-nine: unfixable
fifty: foreign territory
fifty-one: cruelty
fifty-two: déjà vu
fifty-three: reparations
fifty-four: tongue*
fifty-six: christmas
fifty-seven: love
fifty-eight: new years karma*
fifty-nine: erratic
sixty: rehab
sixty-one: released
sixty-two: reunited
sixty-three: graduation
sixty-four: expensive wine*
sixty-five: importance of occlumency
sixty-six: the pensieve
epilogue part one: soporific
epilogue part two: voldemort
epilogue part three: alive
thank you & final author's note

fifty-five: nail polish

2.4K 98 78
By fairiesandfeathers

NAIL POLISH

The following week before Christmas break consisted of mid-year examinations, so Tom was highly concentrated on excelling of course.

Lucia found the long nights studying in the library to be incredibly frustrating. She would sit tapping her quill against the parchment out of boredom until Tom would wordlessly make it fall from her hands in annoyance, shooting her an irritated glance before returning to his work.

It didn't help that Tom was also serving detentions for the incident with hurting Tobias, meaning there was even less time outside of school they had together.

Sometimes she'd try to slide up next to him and begin tracing her hand up is thigh teasingly in an attempt to get him to leave the library for the dorms, but the efforts were always unsuccessful. He would clasp the hand on his thigh in his own, and bring it to his lips to place a kiss on it before settling it back on her own lap.

"Why do you even care about these exams?" Lucia would exclaim.

"Why don't you care about these exams?" He would reply with a quirked eyebrow.

It was only on the Friday, when they both walked out of their final exam that Tom's focus could be pulled to anything but a book.

Lucia had chosen not to tell Tom about the Tobias incident under the staircase, knowing it would probably just result in ropes around the other Slytherin again. The violence was just not something she wanted to experience again, and from the shocked look on Tobias' face, she felt he'd been punished enough.

She had seen the Slytherin throughout the week though, but he had either avoided her gaze or sent her a glare filled with more than the usual amount of hatred. He still had red stripes over his body, but they were healing gradually despite the many potions and essences he seemed to be using on them.

Lucia and Tom were now watching the Hogwarts Express pull into the station to take students home for the holidays from the Astronomy Tower, the high whistle echoing throughout the grounds from in the distance.

Lucia brought a cigarette to her lips as she sat with one leg on either side of the parapet. Tom was a couple of metres away, leaning against the stone wall with a book in his grasp.

"I'm so glad lots of people will be going home for the holidays." Lucia exclaimed, leaning back against the stone behind her and bringing one leg up to rest level with where she was sitting. "And best of all, hardly any prefects around to snitch about the Christmas antics."

A biting breeze nipped at Lucia's legs, her short tartan skirt and sheer black stockings not providing much protection from the winter air.

"True indeed." Tom observed without much emotion lacing his tone, his eyes remaining fixed on the small book in the grip of his large hands.

Lucia looked across at the Forbidden Forest, blowing a large cloud of smoke into the sky as her eyes grazed along the tops of the trees.

"What are you reading?" Lucia queried, finally bringing her attention back to inside the castle.

"It's about the repercussions of time travel into the future." Tom looked up from the page to Lucia, "It seems apparent there haven't been any changes of my doing, but I do think it important to research the possibilities."

Lucia huffed and let her head rest back against the stone behind her, "My brain is hurting, we've done enough academic shit already this week. Can't you put the book down and have a bit of fun?"

"I think our ideas of fun differ quite a lot." Tom quirked an eyebrow.

"Whatever." Lucia rolled her eyes, pulling out a bottle of black nail polish from the pocket of her jacket and sitting it on the stone as she unscrewed the top. The cigarette hung loosely from her lips as she swiped the small brush on the sides of the small glass bottle, before bringing it to her fingernails and painting them with the ebony liquid carefully.

She sat the brush back into the bottle for a moment to take a drag from the cigarette, returning it to her lips once she'd exhaled and moving onto the next nail.

"I'm sure there's a spell for that." Tom commented, looking confusedly at her.

"Surely you've learnt by now I would prefer to do it like this." Lucia chuckled, careful not to let the cigarette fall from her lips.

Tom smirked and shook his head, continuing to watch her as she focused.

Lucia flicked the brush over her last nail, returning it to the bottle and shaking her hands in attempt to dry them before her second coat. From finally looking up, she met Tom's gaze again, "Want some?" She asked, gesturing to the bottle sat in front of her.

"Do I strike you as the nail polish type, Lucia?" Tom raised his eyebrows.

"It's your choice, but nail polish on guys is hot." Lucia shrugged, continuing to shake her hands and bringing her leg back down so she was straddling the stone again.

"Fine, but only since it's the holidays." Tom surprisingly agreed, pushing himself off the wall to come and sit in front of her. He sat opposite also straddling the stone, their knees almost touching.

Lucia brought one leg bent up in front of her, then reached out for his hand and placed it over her knee. She then shook the nail polish again and unscrewed the brush. Tom flinched slightly at the feeling of the cold brush over his nail at first, but soon relaxed as Lucia continued.

When her cigarette burnt to the filter, she took a second to put it out beside her before returning her concentration to Tom's hand on her leg.

Once she had finished with his first hand, Lucia picked it up and placed it over the thigh that hung over the edge. "Keep it there so you don't smudge it." She advised him as she brought his other hand to her knee and began again.

Tom watched her as she drew her lip between her teeth in concentration, painting the polish onto his fingernails, the black corrupting his pale skin.

Lucia could feel the warmth of Tom's palm melting into her leg from the hand she'd already painted, and she relished in the feeling due to the cold wind that seemed to go straight through her. It was only when he began to move the hand on her thigh up, rubbing in a back-and-forth motion with his thumb and squeezing lightly, that she looked up at him.

But Tom wasn't looking her her, instead his gaze fixed on his own hand over the sheer black fabric of her stockings. Because her skirt had ridden up dangerously high from her sitting position, Tom's hand could reach quite far up her leg without having to risk smudging the fresh polish with her skirt.

Lucia swallowed hard and continued painting the hand on her knee, trying to ignore the incessant pressure of Tom's hand creeping higher and higher up her thigh.

"If you get nail polish on my skirt I'm going to be so pissed." Lucia warned playfully as Tom's finger grazed under the hem of her skirt.

Tom chuckled dryly, keeping his gaze fixed on the hem of her skirt as red lace appeared beneath the fabric of her stockings. He tensed his jaw at the sight, then rolled his tongue along the side of his cheek.

"I'm concentrating." Lucia fired back to him, giving the wrist on her knee a gentle tap to get his attention back. Tom chuckled and brought his hand slightly back down just to rub her thigh teasingly.

She finally finished the last nail of the hand, leaning back and returning to her position of straddling the stone parapet to admire her handiwork. Tom's hands were forced to sit on both her thighs as they dried and Lucia inspected her artistry.

"Do you like them?" She asked him hopefully, seemingly happy with her own effort.

"If you like them, I'll tolerate them." He gave a small smile at her excited expression.

"Good, because not going to lie, they're definitely a turn on for me." Lucia explained, leaning back and hooking her legs over each of Tom's thighs so she could be in a more relaxed position, his hands still resting on them as the black liquid dried.

"This is very teasing of you right now, considering you're lying there with your legs open around me with red panties on display, when I can't do anything because of fucking wet nail polish." Tom looked down at her as her eyes flickered closed.

"I know, that's the point." She smirked, incredibly satisfied with herself.

"Lucia, you will be the complete and utter end of me." Tom groaned, his gaze resting on her chest as she arched her back into the air to stretch, her large jacket falling to her sides and revealing the small tank top she had under it. She wasn't wearing a bra, and the cold had made her nipples visible on the surface of the thin fabric. Lucia let out a light laugh in response to his comment.

"At least you didn't paint my tongue." Tom spoke deviously as held his hands either side of him out of the way and dove forward to connect his lips to her chest.

Lucia couldn't help the laughter as Tom pressed his body into her and kissed the exposed skin, his arms out either side of him to protect his nails. In fear they would roll off the edge, Lucia wrapped the leg closest to the drop off around him and planted the other firmly on the floor of the Astronomy Tower.

"Can't even last ten minutes without touching me, huh?" Lucia teased as Tom's mouth detached from her neck and came up to nip at her jaw.

"We all have our own addictions, you of all people should know how hard it is to resist it when it's right in front of you." Tom teased, his voice low against her skin as he began sucking at the delicate skin just under her jawbone.

Lucia went to reply offendedly, but the words got caught in her throat as Tom rolled his hips against her. "Okay, that's enough." She mustered her self control with a chuckle. This caused Tom to withdraw from her with one last searing kiss on her neck.

"You're right, anyone could see." Tom overemphasised his words, "What if someone walked past?"

"Are you saying what I think you're saying?" Lucia furrowed her eyebrows as Tom smirked at her.

"Did you really think I didn't know Tobias was there that night?" Tom quirked an eyebrow.

Lucia's eyes went wide, "Why didn't you say something?"

"I think the little show you gave him seemed to put him in his place." Tom shrugged, "Besides, I wasn't going to stop you going to your knees with your mouth open for me."

Lucia put her face in her hands in embarrassment.

"Don't worry, I've made sure he won't be snitching. But that memory will serve as a nice reminder to him of what he can't have." Tom's eyes had that devious look in them, the one when things had gone his way.

"If you get caught threatening him Tom..."

"Trust me when I say you don't have to worry about it anymore. Let's go to dinner, yeah?" Tom gave a seemingly innocent smile.

Lucia shook her head with humour, "I don't think I even want to know what you did."

author's note

guyssss we're almost at 70k reads wtfffff

for those following my knee journey, I can walk again now without crutches which is literally the best. I took it for granted so much.

sorry it was a couple of days between updates, I never want to put out something I hate so it took me a bit longer to get a decent chapter together.

thanks for all the love in the interim <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.4K 1.5K 69
𝕿𝖍𝖊 𝕭𝖑𝖆𝖈𝖐 𝕯𝖚𝖘𝖙 𝕮𝖍𝖗𝖔𝖓𝖎𝖈𝖑𝖊𝖘 ❝HE COMPLETELY SUBMERGED ME IN HIMSELF. JUST LIKE THE POISON IVY THAT CLIMBS UP ON OLD BUILDINGS, EVE...
177K 3.5K 70
Cassiopeia Evelyn Ambers descends from a wealthy, pureblood family. With the advantages of such a lifestyle, the princess is introduced to the disadv...
884K 41K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
98.5K 1.8K 30
The boy who can't love, meets the girl who needs love. But what to expect? She. She is to be expected