mahogany ; d.m

By canyonsunflowerr

[ᴍᴀᴛᴜʀᴇ ᴄᴏɴᴛᴇɴᴛ- ʀᴇᴀᴅᴇʀ ᴅɪꜱᴄʀᴇᴛɪᴏɴ ᴀᴅᴠɪꜱᴇᴅ] "You look so good like this," he smirked, lifting her chin with t... More

disclaimer
cast
1 - stunned
2 - detention
3 - invitations
4 - the three broomsticks
5 - amortentia
6 - slytherin
7 - desire
8 - quidditch
9 - hufflepuff
10 - firewhiskey
11 - suspicious
12 - honey
13 - nausea
14 - flames
15 - incrementum vitae
16 - decisions
17 - rid
18 - molten mandposey
19 - necessity
20 - warmth
21 - unexpected
22 - victory
23 - birthday
24 - the hogwarts express
25 - the burrow
26 - christmas day
27 - accusation
28 - slytherin vs hufflepuff
29 - gone
30 - void
31 - condolences
32 - high
33 - photograph
34 - pensieve
35 - catastrophes
36 - temptation
37 - aftermath
38 - the trophy room
39 - lies
40 - endings
41 - ruined
43 - promises
44 - truth or dare
45 - nightmares
46 - deceived
47 - ache
48 - yours
49 - reflection
50 - longing
51 - mine
52 - mysteries
53 - demise
54 - memoriam
55 - void again
56 - still life
57 - theodore
58 - two christmas'
59 - disappearances
60 - luna
61 - remember
62 - the manor
63 - wards
64 - alive
65 - departures
66 - the battle
67 - heal
68 - then forever
epilogue
author's note
new book out now!

42 - tension

4.2K 76 58
By canyonsunflowerr

CW: mature content, smut
-

When Athena awoke in her bed the next morning, she was in an uncomfortable amount of pain. Her core ached miserably and when she climbed out of bed, it was with great difficulty.

Hermione gave her a curious look when she failed to suppress a wince as she stretched out her limbs, but luckily did not ask any questions.

The events from the night before, obsessed her mind. It had been the last thing she thought of before falling into sleep and the first thing when her brain regained consciousness.

The exchange appeared to her like a time bomb. As if it had been bound to happen eventually, and every second leading to it, there was a ticking in her subconscious, reminding her that she would eventually cave in.

She could not stop thinking about him.

His hair, his face, his eyes, his lips, his hands, even his smell. The thoughts wouldn't cease and they confused her, creating havoc in her mind.

When thinking back to what happened, she knew it was wrong, so entirely wrong. And she certainly did not want to feel this way about him. She had tried everything she could to prevent it. But it seemed truly impossible to simply forget him.

He was a glowing torch, roused with desire and she was foolish enough to be burned by him. She craved him, more than she'd ever craved anyone in her life.

Athena still refused to submit herself to the growing feelings which devoured and enthralled her beyond reason. They would not prevail, they couldn't.

The worst part of it all was that she didn't regret they're intimacy. In fact, she longed for it to happen again. But there was no precognition for what would happen from this point forwards. Should she avoid him? That was certainly an unrealistic solution.

During breakfast that morning, Athena discreetly scanned the Great Hall for Draco but he was nowhere to be found. She couldn't help experience a slight disappointment but tried to ignore the feelings.

The peremtonic she had taken as soon as she got back to her dormitory last night, made her feel erratic. Her moods were all over the place, but apparently this meant it was taking effect. Maeve had informed her that mood swings were one of the side effects, and luckily they didn't last very long.

Hermione, Harry, Athena and Ron were sat with the rest of the Weasleys, all enjoying the food which had been set out for breakfast.

Ron had been released from the hospital wing a week prior, and was disheartened by Lavender's newfound disgust for him. She glared at him whenever they passed each other, but remained pleasant to Athena, throwing her a smile whenever she saw her.

The seven of them were speaking of the next Quidditch game and how they would have to win against Ravenclaw in order to have a chance of winning the Quidditch Cup. They were much more confident in the matter now that Ron was back in full health.

Athena listened intently while spreading some butter on her second crumpet of the morning, until her attention from the discussion was completely swayed.

Her heart palpitated at the sight of Draco entering the Great Hall between Blaise and Theo. He did not see her, only fixated on the Slytherin table. The three of them sat beside Pansy and Daphne, as well as a few others and begun digging into the food.

Athena tore her gaze away and realised she had stopped her actions. She quickly resumed spreading the crumpet before anyone could take notice. Ginny asked her a question surrounding Quidditch, which snapped her out of her distracted state and she answered normally.

As she went to take a bite of the crumpet, her eyes wandered back to where Draco was, only to find him staring at her intently, through a gap between the many heads of students who were sitting in the distance that separated them. Her heart rate suddenly increased and she looked away.

Athena tried to busy herself with the conversation that her friends were having, but could not ignore the chaotic drumming of her heart. She felt uneasy and nervous, but didn't mind the feeling.

Impulse got the best of her and she looked back to him. He was still staring at her through dark eyes, captivating her. He did not smile nor did he make any other expression other than the intense one he wore.

Her thoughts intruded, filling her mind with erotic memories, reminiscing what she could not let go of. It was so strange in the way they looked at each other, as if they were communicating in some unspoken way. Somehow, she felt they were thinking and feeling the same thing.

Purely craving to feel one another again.

Draco was the first to tear his eyes away as Theo had said something to him, pulling them both out of their alluring trance.

Athena recovered her strange separation from reality by drinking from her glass of water, acting as her usual self with her friends. No one seemed to have taken any notice which was good. She joined back in on the conversation, only letting her eyes fleet to Draco every now and then without making her attentions to obvious.

The day progressed as usual with lessons and studying in the common room, and during each of Athena's lessons she was vigilant to the fact that Draco was not attending classes. On her timetable for that day they had three lessons together. He did not go to one of them.

It bothered her slightly at first but she managed to brush it off eventually. Though she couldn't help but be curious to what it was he was doing.

Fortunately, his absence drove the persistent thoughts away and allowed her to feel some form of normality for the first time since the previous night. She carried on with ease, her mind now at rest with the distractions that school work provided.

Though this only lasted until dinner, when she saw him again.

He did not look her way once. It didn't frustrate or disappoint her, of course not. She actually felt rather relieved for his neglect. It was normal. The same old, how they had always been towards each other. It made her feel sane, despite the obvious fact that she was still thinking about him more than she'd liked.

While she was half way through her meal, Draco's departure caught her attention. No one else followed him and he walked with such haste like he was rushing to get somewhere. She watched him leave with intrigue but made sure not to fret over the matter.

Once Athena and her friends had finished eating, they set on their way to head back to Gryffindor Tower. As they exited the Great Hall, Athena's name was called from behind. It was Maeve.

"Everything alright?" Athena asked.

"Fine, just thought I should say if you're wanting to come meet us later on we're gonna be in the girls bathroom on the second floor instead of the Astronomy Tower. They've got some other shit going on up there," Maeve replied with a smile.

"Oh ok. I'll be there," she said without actually considering it in much depth.

"Cool—Oh, have you got any of those firewhiskey bottles left from that crate you got for your birthday? Theo has less than he thought so we're short on drinks."

"I might do, I'll check."

"Cheers," she beamed before scurrying back into the Great Hall.

When Athena reached her dormitory, she searched for the crate and there were indeed a few bottles left, waiting to be opened. She went into her trunk to get her bag with the undetectable extension charm that she could put the bottles in.

Her heart nearly jumped out of her chest when she saw Draco's jacket that she had tucked away there last night. She'd completely forgotten that she had it in her possession and certainly had no idea what to do with it.

She thought of something else that she probably owed him back. The small cubed box that contained the ring he gave her all those months ago sat in the bottom corner of her trunk. She pulled it out and shoved it into the bag without overthinking it, along with his jacket.

After a while, she took herself back into the common room where her friends were, and when she said she was heading out, they'd assumed she was going to the Hufflepuff commons. She didn't deny it, deciding it would be easier that way. They said their farewells and she left through the portrait, heading down to the second floor.

When she arrived, the area surrounding the bathroom was completely silent, except for a strange buzzing noise. It did not sound like there was anyone inside either. She thought maybe she was the first to arrive, but when she entered the bathroom everyone was there. All except Draco.

They were sprawled across the floor, all spaced out evenly except for Maeve and Blaise who were leaning affectionately on each other.

"Ah, there she is," Theo grinned. "The lady of the hour. Got our drinks?"

Athena ignored him, saying a hello to everyone else and sat down in the big space between Luna and Maeve, placing the bag in front of her. She reached her hand into the bag and dug around, pulling out a bottle anytime her hand touched the cool glass.

Everyone grabbed a drink while they initiated some casual conversation. Athena opened a bottle for herself and brought the tip of the glass to her lips, taking a big gulp. The burning sensation scorched through her but she welcomed it with delight.

"So where's Moaning Myrtle at tonight?" Athena asked, curiously. Usually Myrtle dominated this bathroom, justifying why no one ever went in there.

"Probably spyin' on the Prefects in their bathroom or summin'," Theo replied with a snort.

"Right," she sighed, sipping at her drink.

After a while, once Athena had finished her bottle, they were talking about music. More specifically discussing whether Muggle or Wizard music was superior. It was a difficult debate considering the number of artists and bands in both worlds.

Luna, Maeve and Blaise were deep in conversation about the best Muggle and Wizard bands and comparing them. Theo stood from his space on the floor and strolled over to Athena, planting himself beside her.

She mentally rolled her eyes, hoping if she didn't say anything, he would just go away. After a moment of staring into space, he spoke.

"So Greene, you gonna ignore me forever?" Theo asked in a quiet voice, so no one else could hear.

She scoffed before replying.

"Until hell freezes over."

"Ahh come on love. You knew I was only joking. I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. I was just havin' a laugh," he chuckled, taking a swig of his bottle.

"Well, the joke wasn't very funny," she replied bluntly.

"That's just cuz your humour's broken," he sniggered.

"No you just need to learn that there's a line between a joke and some fucking respect."

"Ooo alright," he ridiculed. "Someone's cranky. It's not that time of the month, is it?"

"Oh piss off you arsehole," she spat, losing her temper.

This caught the attention of the others.

"Everything alright over there?" Maeve asked.

"Yeah," Athena pulled a fake smile, which didn't convince anyone.

Theo released a humoured chuckle, though no one but Athena noticed.

"Anyway, haven't seen you around Diggory lately," he claimed. "Trouble in paradise or—"

"We broke up," she stated, bluntly.

"Ahh, I see," he smirked, pointedly.

Athena rolled her eyes and stood up, taking her bag with her just incase Theo felt like snooping through it. That would only lead to many questions that she didn't want to answer.

She perched on the edge of one of the sink basins, closer to where the conversation between the rest of the group was being held. Annoyingly, Theo followed her.

"Are you too daft to understand that I don't want to be around you?" she seethed under her breath.

"Oh is that what you're doing?" he chuckled. "I thought we were just getting closer to the conversation."

"I was."

"Oh come on. I'm not that bad am I?" he asked. "I make you laugh sometimes, don't I?"

"Once in a blue moon," she chuckled hysterically. "But unfortunately the misogyny ruins the whole thing for me."

"Me? A misogynist? Bollocks," he sniggered, comically. "I'm nothin' of the sort."

"Sure. Then prove it."

"Alright then," he exhaled, while looking into space in thought. He turned to face her with a huge grin crawled upon his lips. "Athena, you look very pretty today."

She burst into laughter at his hopeless efforts, ridiculing his ignorance.

"Nice try," she giggled. He pulled an attractive smirk before turning his attention back to the group.

The bathroom door suddenly burst open and Athena was the only one out of the group who looked up in shock, fearing they were getting caught by a professor.

Though she relaxed slightly when seeing it was Draco.

His eyes fell on her as soon as he entered, and then his focus fleeted beside her at Theo. A sneer compelled his once neutral expression, but it could barely be deciphered as it was one of his default looks.

The air immediately grew tense. It was as if the thoughts she couldn't shake off, had dispelled from her head. She tried to make it unnoticeable, how very observant she had suddenly become.

"Look whose shown up at last," Theo chimed. "Grab a drink, mate."

He ignored Theo completely but took a drink from where they sat on the floor. He then leaned against the toilet stalls opposite to Athena and Theo, resting his back on the panelling that separated two doors.

She watched him as he cracked open his bottle, but pulled her gaze away when she realised she was staring. Theo continued to chat away at her about nothing that particularly interested her. She found herself only pretending to listen, to distract from the thoughts that were bellowing within her mind.

Every now and then she would laugh to a joke Theo would make, receiving a vicious glare from Draco. She tried desperately not to let her eyes wander to him, but it was rather difficult when he was stood opposite her.

"Another drink, Greene?" Theo asked, stepping in front of her, blocking her view of Draco.

"Sure," she replied, unthinkingly.

He nodded before fetching her another bottle from the centre of the group and returning with a playful look on his face. She went to take it but he halted her with a tutting noise.

"What do you say?" he grinned.

She rolled her eyes, sighing a "thank you," before taking the drink.

Unexpectedly, Theo gently grasped onto her other hand which wasn't holding the bottle, and drew it out in front of her. She furrowed her brows in confusion, before he leant down and placed a kiss on the back of her hand.

Athena looked over to the rest of the group who were staring speechlessly at the exchange, with entertained looks on their faces. All except Draco, whose face was practically on fire with rage.

Theo straightened up and threw her a cheeky grin before perching back onto the sink beside her.

"Nott, what the fuck was that?" Maeve asked with a cackle.

"I'm just being the perfect gentleman," he replied with a hint of sarcasm. "That's the new me from now on."

"You couldn't be a gentleman if you tried," she sniggered, crooking her brows.

"Watch me," he narrowed his eyes, jokily.

Athena made the mistake of looking at Draco. It was only for a split second, but even that was enough time to make her regret it.

He was staring incessantly at her through dark eyes. It gave her a funny feeling through her body. One of a mixture of nervousness, due to the butterflies in her stomach, and slight fear, because of the thundering of her heart. But most of all, she felt amused.

By receiving such a small gesture from Theo, Draco was driven mad. It was obvious only by looking at his scorned face, and the fury that lingered within his eyes. She wondered what else she could do to make him react in such an entertaining way.

Something compelled her. She looked back at his raging face, and keeping her eyes fixated on his, she took a sip of her drink in a rather provocative way, softening her eye contact so his eyes melted into hers.

She pulled the tip of the bottle away from her mouth and ran her tongue along her bottom lip, tasting the remnants of firewhiskey, then gently biting down on it for no longer than a second.

His eyes widened and he raised his brows briefly, looking beguiled. She smirked enticingly at him with deep satisfaction, for when doing so little, she could affect him as such.

The night continued with conversation, drinking and laughing but most noticeably to Athena, a thick tension hung in the air that not even a knife could cut through.

Fortunately everyone else was ignorant to the matter.

It was so strange how mindful she had become all of a sudden. A few months ago she would have simply shrugged off one of Malfoy's death glares, even returning one. But now she couldn't shake the feeling when receiving one.

The first to give in and return to her dorm was Luna. She appeared to be extremely lethargic and left, beginning a canon effect for the rest of the group.

Theo was the next to leave which surprised Athena. She had assumed he would have stayed around until there was no other reason to stay.

Blaise and Maeve eventually gave in, saying their goodbyes and taking a few of the leftover bottles with Athena's consent. Draco was still leaning against the stalls with the same bottle in hand, which was only half drunk.

Athena immediately went to follow Maeve and Blaise out of the bathroom, knowing that to be alone with Draco would be unwise. She clutched her bag into her side and opened the heavy door of the bathroom.

"Where do you think you're going?" Draco muttered.

Her entire body stilled, before slowly turning around, anticipation torturing her. She released a shaky breath but drew on a confident facade.

"To my room," she replied, matter of factly, not letting her eyes meet his.

"Are you being smart with me, Greene?" he sneered.

"I don't understand," she asked, furrowing her brows, a smirk threatening to play upon her lips. "I was just leaving. What do you want?"

His expression hardened, clenching his jaw. The dark shades of grey and jet black that threaded within the silver of his irises made her stomach flutter.

A humoured chuckle escaped him and his eyes were darker than she had ever seen.

"Were you trying to torture me tonight?" his tone dropped as he began edging closer to her, his hands in his pockets.

"I don't know what you mean."

"Oh you know exactly what I mean. First, with Nott, and then that little thing with your drink. You're driving me crazy," he seethed, his body now inches from hers.

"You are so easy to wind up," she chuckled. "Is your imagination so wild Draco? I was simply having a drink."

She gulped back the mild suspense which thrilled her incredibly. He was closer now. She tilted her head down and glanced up at him through her lashes.

He was silent for a moment.

"Do you regret what happened last night?" he asked in a composed manner.

"That depends. Which part?" she asked, knowing exactly what he was referring to.

"The part where I fucked you."

Her breath hitched in surprise at his blunt reply. She began struggling to control her steady breaths as his body drew nearer to hers.

Each step he took, the closer his body grew to hers, she could feel the ardour in each beat of her heart. She could taste it on her tongue. The tension made her feel light headed.

He continued before she could respond.

"You've been thinking about it all day, haven't you?" he leaned down so that his lips were in line with her ear. "The way I make you feel when I touch you."

She didn't reply.

"Haven't you, Greene?" he repeated, now piercing his eyes into hers.

"Maybe," she uttered.

He pulled an amused smirk.

"Do you want me to touch you again?" he asked in a near whisper. His voice was so smooth and rich, the mere sound of it melted her internally.

She was giving into his satisfaction. She could feel herself subduing to his control by merely just looking into his eyes. But in this moment, she couldn't sway herself away from wanting it. Her desire once again overpowered all else.

When Athena failed to respond, he brought his hand to her chin and placed his thumb on the pillow of her bottom lip. The pad of his thumb swept lightly over the surface, his eyes now fixated on her mouth.

Draco loomed over her, forcing her to crane her neck upwards so she could see his eyes. He lifted his thumb, pulling his hand away from her chin.

"Do you?" his tone was low and steady. Seductive. Enthralling.

Athena waited for a moment before replying, finding it difficult to ignore the small beating between her legs, as well as the unrest of the tempestuous flames in her heart. 

She nodded, biting down on her lip in mild hunger.

He grabbed the back of her neck with a rough approach, his cold rings indenting into her skin. His head leaned further into hers, until their lips crashed together eagerly.

Athena's bag slipped between her fingers, dropping to the ground. He walked her backwards, stumbling into the wall and the back of her head collided with the tiles.

Draco kissed her so deeply, so intensely, it consumed her entire being. She returned the same energy, pushing her tongue into his mouth and kissing him rhythmically.

His other hand grasped onto her waist, each finger embedding itself into her flesh so securely it almost hurt. But she couldn't get enough of it.

He pulled away from her lips, and whispered breathlessly, "I've been thinking about you too, Greene."

Butterflies filled her stomach at his words. She kissed him again, intoxicated by the taste of his lips. Firewhiskey stained his tongue, hers too assumably.

The hand that had been around her neck moved, leaving a cold feel on the surface, and relocated to undo her blouse hastily.

He didn't rip the buttons off this time, but was rapid in his unfastening, that her blouse was billowing open within seconds.

He tore away and glanced at her bust, looking her up and down and rolling his tongue over his bottom lip, before redirecting his vision to her eyes. He stared so intensely, it was as if he was peering into her soul.

"Lord, you are so fucking beautiful," he breathed.

She smirked as she blushed, gripping at the roots of his hair, vigorously. He released a heavy sigh and ground his hips into hers, crushing her body against the wall.

He snatched out his wand and buried the tip harshly into her throat. She gazed into his ominously darkened eyes as he stared down at her.

"You look so good like this," he smirked, lifting her chin with the tip of his wand. "Under my control."

He trailed his wand from her jaw, down her neck and to her chest where he brought it over her breast, which was concealed by the thin material of her bra. Her breath hitched when his wand continued to massage over her nipple. As he did so, she felt herself growing warm below through the incessant throbbing.

"You like that, don't you?" he smirked, wickedly. She attempted to suppress a moan, only releasing a sharp breath. When she wouldn't reply he let out a low chuckle. "Oh I see. No need to be so stubborn, Greene. I'll have you screaming before you know it."

Both hands progressed to seize her by the waist, when he effortlessly lifted her up to perch onto the edge of one of the sink basins.

He took his right hand and caressed his numbingly cold fingers up her thigh. A few heavy sighs escaped Athena at his touch. She was pounding furiously between her legs.

Draco leaned forwards and started to place kisses down her neck, softly at first, but getting more vigorous each time his lips came into contact with her skin.

Meanwhile, his hands slipped under her skirt, smoothing the outer sides of her thighs. They stopped their progression when his fingers found the waist band of her underwear. He looped both index fingers over the sides of the band and dragged them off of her, trailing her underwear to her ankles and letting them drop to the floor.

One of his fingers swept over her entrance that was already wet. Before slipping the finger in, he proceeded to massage her clit. He already had her moaning restlessly.

He was still kissing her neck when he slipped two fingers inside of her.

"Fuck Draco," she whimpered, pleasurably.

His fingers deepened inside of her at the sound of his name on her tongue.

He leaned into her ear, and she threw her arms around his broad torso while his movements became more forceful, more intense. He began whispering obscenities into her ear, simultaneously complimenting her.

His lips returned to her skin, crushing just below her ear and trailing further down her neck. It was brief, before he straightened up, and crashed his lips to hers.

"Give me your hand," he breathed into her lips.

She obeyed, bringing her hand in front of her. His free hand grasped onto it and positioned her fingertips to her clit. He started motioning his hand in circles over hers, forcing her hand to do the same, directing her to massage herself.

"Oh—" she sighed, rubbing herself at her own desirable pace. The simultaneous actions were too much to bare. It was euphoric.

He lifted his hand from hers and brought it to the back of her neck, while his fingers continued to pump inside of her and the pace of her own hand increased.

"Think you can handle three?" Draco purred.

She let out an agreeable moan in response, and another of his fingers slipped inside of her. The feeling of it made her eyes roll into the back of her head. It was too good.

She arched her hips upwards, his angle inside of her curling slightly, escaping a yelp from her.

Butterflies filled her stomach, as a euphoric feeling arose. It was too soon. She didn't want it to end so soon.

"I'm gonna come," she moaned. "Not yet."

"Then you'll just have to come again," he groaned into her neck, before nipping harshly at the skin. "Come twice."

He did not halt his hand movements, continuing his sensational rhythm, whilst sucking at her neck as he marked her with love bites.

She gave into the pleasure and released all over his hand with a ragged moan.

Draco pulled his fingers out of her, sticking them into his mouth and sucking on them to taste her.

Athena collapsed into his broad shoulders, feeling absolutely divine.

She sat up with a smirk, anticipation drowning her. She watched as his hands patiently unfastened his trousers and he pulled them down, exposing his prominent pelvis.

Her top teeth punctured into her lower lip as he pulled his underwear down and her eyes settled over his stark erection.

She was throbbing again, even more so now, and her legs automatically spread for him. Using his left hand, he wrapped it around his cock while he positioned the tip at her entrance.

The other hand seized her hip as he pushed himself slowly inside of her.

"Fu—ck," he winced. "How are you still so tight?"

She gnawed harshly down on her bottom lip as his dick grew accustomed to her. The pain it caused enthralled her further. He started off deeper than usual, thrusting his hips forwards in pleasure.

"Oh Draco—"

He forced himself deeper.

"I've been thinking about having you all day," he groaned, leaning down to her neck and kissing her skin again. "It's been torturing me that I couldn't touch you."

"God oh—"

His hand found her throat, choking her as he pounded his hips against her thighs. She grew even weaker at the sting of his hand, grasping onto her neck.

"And as for that little show you pulled earlier..." he sighed. "Don't ever try to make me jealous again. Understand?"

His thrusts grew even rougher. All the more enthralling.

"Oh—y-yes," she yelped, threading her fingers through his hair and tugging at the roots.

He was so deep inside of her, she imagined she could feel him in her stomach.

Athena's moans were deafening and ragged. She could not comprehend how one person could make her feel this inflamed. This alive.

The ecstasy filled her entire being.

"All mine," he purred against her neck.

Her core tightened around his cock as she climaxed for the second time, releasing another raggedly loud moan.

She slumped her forehead onto his chest, feeling his body tremble erotically as he finished inside of her.

He groaned against her skin while she caressed her fingers through his hair. He remained there for no longer than a minute, before pulling himself out of her.

Her legs were quivering manically as they hung off of the edge of the sink basin.

Once Draco had recollected himself, he pulled his wand out, aimed it at her legs and uttered "Prelaxio." They stopped their shuddering and fell limp instead, hanging out in front of her.

He bent down and grabbed her bag and underwear from the floor, handing them to her as he straightened up. She slung the bag over her shoulder and held her underwear in her lap not bothering to move through the numbing of her legs.

He redirected his wand between her legs and she stared in confusion. He cast a cleaning charm to the surface that she sat upon, before pocketing his wand again.

She still didn't move. He stopped what he was doing and stared at her, with her underwear in her hands.

"Do you need help with those?" he teased, pointedly looking at her pants.

She nodded, her cheeks burning up. He took the lingerie and progressed to loop them through her feet, pulling them up her legs. She pulled them up the rest of the way, feeling mildly embarrassed for needing his aid.

"Will you be able to walk?" he asked.

"Um—probably in a minute yeah," she replied, awkwardly.

He pondered over her words for a moment in a longing stare, before releasing a defeated sigh.

"Come on," he held his arm out for her to take. She stared at him for a moment, contemplating the reason he was not just leaving her as he had done so before. But she took his arm, scooting off of the surface. As soon as her feet were forced to carry her weight, she nearly collapsed. A short gasp escaped Draco, before both of his arms gripped onto her. He released a brief chuckle before saying, "No, lean on me you idiot."

She let out a small "oh" feeling foolish, mainly because of how vulnerable she was acting. She didn't like feeling vulnerable around him.

Athena leaned most of her weight onto him, but it didn't slow him down or trouble him at all. He walked at the same pace that he always did when he wasn't in a rush, and she clung on beside him like a lost puppy.

The two stumbled out of the bathroom and headed down the desolate corridor in complete silence. They were barely halfway down the corridor when the shadow of someone edged around the corner. It was Filch.

"Fucks sake," Draco sighed with impatience.

Athena didn't say anything, only moving as Draco did. When Filch came around the corner, he was accompanied by someone else. Snape. This couldn't possibly get any better.

Draco was about to turn the corner, but they were too late. The two men spotted them and Filch yelled a mighty "Oi!" down the corridor.

"Malfoy! Greene! I know that was you! Stop walking at once," Snape bellowed down the hallway.

They stopped in their tracks. Draco didn't let go of her, still keeping the same amount of support for her weight. Athena's legs were still weak but she could stand upright without falling over. Though not without his help. He began muttering profanities at the inconvenience of being caught.

"What is going on here?" the Professor asked, looking between the two of them.

"She's injured herself Sir," Draco crafted with indifference.

"That does not explain why you are in each others company after curfew," he snapped.

Athena could feel her cheeks burning up. She had never felt so uncomfortable in her life. Snape made no implications, but considering what they had just been up to, it was still awkward.

"Detention. For both of you, tomorrow during dinner," he leered. "I wouldn't worry about missing your meal. I'm sure the help will keep something fresh for you."

The Professor sneered wickedly at them, as did Filch, before they both walked away.

"Fucking mongrels," Draco spat when they were out of earshot.

Athena chuckled under her breath at his remark while they continued walking.

She had assumed he was taking her to Gryffindor Tower but found that her assumption was wrong when they passed the turning for the stairs that lead up to it.

"Where are we going?" she asked.

"To my room," he stated without further explanation.

"But I need to go back to Gryffindor, they'll be wondering where I am—"

"For fucks sake, you can either come with me or I'll leave you here," he argued, sounding bored.

"Fine," she grumbled in defeat, letting him lead her down to the dungeons.

They approached the entrance of the Slytherin commons and Draco announced the password so they could enter. However, before Athena could take any further steps, he halted her.

"Wait here a minute," he ordered.

She obeyed his request and stayed put, silently agreeing that it was certainly logical to check that the common room was empty before the two of them went waltzing through.

He returned in a matter of seconds, holding his arm out for her to take again. She clung to him, her legs moving sluggishly as they gradually regained feeling.

When they reached his dormitory, she felt tense once again when anticipating what would happen next. He led her over to the bed and she sat down willingly, allowing her body to rest.

Draco walked away from her, leaving the room to go into his bathroom that was attached alike to her own dormitory. A few seconds later, he reproached holding a small glass vial filled with a transparent liquid. She recognised it immediately.

"Before we can forget," he smirked, rattling the vial in his hand.

Athena didn't move as he walked over to her. She held out her hand to take the tonic from his grasp but he shunned her hand away.

Draco towered over her as he stood, and she sat. He brought his hand to her chin and gently caressed her supremely.

"Open," he instructed.

She parted her lips and let her jaw full open, watching his hands as he twisted off the cap of the Peremtonic. He then poured the contents into her mouth and studied her intently as she swallowed, feeling the icy liquid freeze through her throat and chest.

He ran his thumb over her lower lip, making it jut out, as his eyes settled onto her eyes.

A moment passed when he didn't move, only staring at her. She watched his face observantly, seeing the emotions flicker through his expression. Eventually, he pulled his hand away from her jaw as well as fleeting his vision in another direction.

"You should get some sleep," he said, suggestively. "I'm going for a shower."

Before she could reply, he dashed away into the bathroom, shutting the door firmly behind him. She didn't make any sort of movements at first, only gazing off into space.

After a while, she tore off the top layer of her clothes, leaving on her lingerie, not wanting to have to sleep in her uniform.

She lifted the duvet cover off the mattress, making room for herself to delve under the covers. She lay idly for a while, letting her thoughts subside for the night.

She didn't want to consider the consequences of what she found herself doing. They were exhausting. So instead she shut off her mind, revelling in the comfort of her memories.

She was still awake when Draco exited the bathroom. She listened to his footsteps, waiting for him to lift the other side of the quilt and slide into the space beside her. But he never approached.

A few minutes later, the dormitory door opened, before it closed.

-

forty second chapter complete :)

things are gonna get pretty smutty from now on so just a warning

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9.4K 637 40
*EDITING RN* There's something achingly beautiful about Draco Malfoy. When Grier Langston first arrives at Hogwarts for her 6th year of magical educ...
8.4K 195 34
Draco Malfoy and Emma Dawlish attend Hogwarts: School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Emma is almost always a straight A student and she is forced to wo...
224K 5.7K 34
Breathing out, Hermione took his hand and said, "Valet in lucem." Draco wrinkled his nose, looking up at her confused. "Was that an insult?" Hermione...
30.9K 394 15
"Y/n, I promise I will protect you with my life, I won't let anything bad happen to you, never again" Draco Malfoy has always acted like a prat towar...