♤DEALS♤

Od Theodora_lu

Book one in The Dealer's Series. 'Cause this is the best deal that I have ever made.' ♤♤♤♤ Her- "I do what I... Viac

Hola
Chapter 1- The Wedding Deal
Chapter 2 - A new year
Chapter 3 - A deal on marriage
Chapter 4 - 'So what do you say, Caleb?'
Chapter 5 - A Dealer's graduation
Chapter 6 -'And you can sleep on the couch till Marci's funeral!'
Chapter 7 -Never take Deals for granted
Chapter 8 - The start of the end
Chapter 9 - A Dealer with blackmail
Chapter 10 - Brother
Chapter 11 - Once a Dealer forever a babysitter
Chapter 12 - The worst decision of my life
Chapter 13 - Dealer on a run
Chapter 14 - 'For a musician, your breath sure stinks.'
Chapter 15 - 'Seven Cruel Hours Of Our Lives'
Chapter 16 - Dealing moments
Chapter 17 - 'Keep it up and I'll give your arm a twin with one of your legs.'
Chapter 18 - 'Let's make a deal.'
Chapter 19 - A Dealer doesn't want to make a deal
Chapter 20 - A black grand piano.
Chapter 22 - A Dealer's calling
Chapter 23 - 'Meet your sister.'
Chapter 24 - A Deal to regret
Chapter 25 -'I'm the taker of souls.'
Chapter 26 - A Dealer's walls
Chapter 27 - A Dealer's literature
Chapter 28 - Sibling Dealership
Chapter 29 - Tomorrow
Chapter 30 - Dealing with the brother
Chapter 31 - My birthday
Chapter 32 - Mixing deals with pleasure
Chapter 33 - 'From Parks to Parks.'
Chapter 34 - Dealing with Selfish or Selfless
Chapter 35 - A Dealers cons
Chapter 36 - Just stay
Chapter 37 - A Dealer's Goodbye
Chapter 38 - 'My baby is all grown up, falling in love and whatnot.'
Chapter 39 - 'Are you familiar with the Empire, the British empire?'
Chapter 40 - A Deal with Devil's Keeper
Chapter 41 - A Dealer's Wedding
Chapter 42 - What is it with these people and deals?
Chapter 43 - Guilt of a Dealer
Chapter 44 - A Dealer's Battle cry
Chapter 45 - 'Father'
Chapter 46 - Dealing with the truth
Chapter 47 - '...cause this is the best deal that I have ever made.'
Chapter 48 - Dealer against Dealer
Adios mi amigos

Chapter 21 - A Dealer on a date

18 3 2
Od Theodora_lu

Peyton Griffin's POV

If I thought I was giving Caleb mixed signals, I was wrong. One minute he wants to get to know me, and the next thing I know, he's walking away from me when I follow his request.

I think asking for a deal must have struck a nerve. I think it's best we never have to be in each other's company till I leave. That way, nobody will get broken, I hope.

Speaking of company, Jack, Jacob and Shawn are in the kitchen watching me do the dishes. If that's not disturbing, I don't know what is.

I learned they are on the hunt for a new maid because Jacob made the last one blow him.

"I just don't get it," Jacob muttered again.

"What don't you get?" I ask as I start the battle with the frying pan to remove the rest of the horrid breakfast that Jack made us.

He loves food but can't make it even if it were to save his life. Microwaved popcorn does not count. So we all had a bowl of cereal.

"How does Caleb make you fall in love with him without even trying? and I have been waiting for you to allow me to take you to a special place." He said smugly.

I didn't need to turn around to know that Shawn had thrown his book at Jacob; the curses being thrown were a hint of itself.

I stopped scrubbing the frying pan and began playing with the lather, my back still to them.

"Jacob, I don't know why you are so intent on me being your next conquest. I don't share my bed with halfwits," It doesn't escape my mind that I am a virgin, "I am not in love with Caleb, but I respect him. I always thought he was a pompous idiot who slept around and did drugs."

Everyone winced about my description of Caleb; I only had that because Lola and Charlie could not shut up about him and if I'm being honest. That's how most musicians end up.

No offence to Drake; he's a babe.

"But now that I have been here for a few weeks, I think I was wrong." Now I look at them, "And I am hardly wrong about judging people's personality."

Shawn looked upwards and laughed, like full-blown laughter, like the one you get when you see a cat trying to fight off a cobra. Okay, I'm getting off-topic here, but you get the gist; his laugh was a contrast to his quiet person.

"Care to share?" Jack asked the question that I was thinking about.

Shawn sobered up and wiped away a stray tear, "I just find it funny how you both speak about each other in the same way and pretend not to at least like each other."

I turn back to the battle of soap in the sink, "I would like to assume that the two people you are referring to are either Jack and the microwave or Jacob and one of his conquests. Caleb and I are barely friends now. What makes you people think that we will want to even... I'm not going to complete that statement because it is complete bullshit." I snort.

"Hold up. If you think that, then what happened in the music room last night?" Jack throws a piece of popcorn in the air and catches it with his mouth.

I stiffen but play it off, "He played me an instrument, and that was it." I keep my answer vague.

"So while you guys were 'playing'," Jacob made air quotes, "The atmosphere didn't shift; it didn't feel like it was only two of you in the world. Like you wanted to know what is more to Caleb Parks? You wanted to see what the more to him is."

I rinsed up the frying pan, drooped it on the rack and began drying other dishes, "You were on to something till that last thing left your mouth."

"When did you start quoting cheesy romance novels?" Shawn stared at his brother as if he were an alien.

"Is that a question? Am I the only one wondering how possible it is that Jacob can read?" I add as I pick up a bowl to dry.

All eyes are focused on Jacob as he squirms in his seat. I never thought I would stay here long enough to see Jacob feel uncomfortable, but there's a first for everything.

Jacob is saved from playing in our interrogation session when Caleb runs in wearing a pair of swimming trunks and is dripping wet.

I thank my brain for taking a mental picture of his bare chest as water drips from it. Note my sarcasm. But seriously though, he looked sexy.

He ran behind me, trying to hide from whatever was chasing him.

"Hide me!" He gripped my shoulders, shuffling on his feet.

I'm not gonna lie. After last night, I don't want 'to try to understand a musician' added to my plate.

"Caleb Parks!" I heard someone cry out as if it were a battle cry.

Marci and Gail walked into the kitchen with heavy scowls. I'm guessing they didn't want to take a shower with their clothes on.

"Did it ever occur to you guys to take off your clothes when you want to go for a swim?" Jacob said with a teasing tone while snickering.

"He did this." Marci pointed an accusing finger at the Blondie behind me, "I found him in the pool, and he thought it would be fun to play duck, duck, goose in the water!" She seethed.

Now I connect the dots. Caleb went for a swim, and when his sisters came for him, he dragged them into the water. I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't do the same to my other half.

I look behind them and see an amused redhead standing by the kitchen door, "Well, Marci, I suggest you go dry off." I couldn't help but add this last part, "You have an interesting young man behind you."

Marci quickly turned to face the boy of her dreams, who was trying not to laugh at her but was failing miserably.

"This means war Caleb Parks." Marci walked out of the room and avoided eye contact with the redhead.

Abigail looked as if she had no clue about what was going on, "Come on, Abigail, and let's dry you off." I put down the plate and led Gail to her room.

After Gail had changed into some dry clothes, we went to Marci's room. I can believe that these two are related; because of the way they turn to look at me with the same confused expression when I say, "So who was that cute kid downstairs?"

One of the said confused people starts blushing while the other bursts into laughs.

"Marcella said he was her best friend, but my best friend doesn't kiss my hair." Abigail snitched on her sister.

"Your best friend is that weird kid in your class." Marci rolls her eyes, her flustered self gone as she continues to apply moisturizer to her face.

"Skylar is not weird." Abigail defends her friend, "If anything, she is way better than Nathan."

I sense a sister squabble coming up, and as a very active participant in those, I decided to break it up.

"Hey, Gail, wanna go annoy Caleb?" I ask, and the six-year-old sits upright from Marci's bed and nods her head eagerly at me.

She bolts up and scrambles for the door; when I'm sure she's out of earshot, I grin at Marci through the reflection in the mirror.

"I think I don't have to tell you how proud your parents will be when you rock the stage tonight, but I'm proud that you got such a cute boy wrapped around your fingertips."

"Has someone ever told you that you are horrible at pep talks?" She sasses.

"I wouldn't say horrible. I'd say I like getting to the point across without beating around the bush." I squeeze her shoulders once more and follow Gail to the Living room.

When we come to the top of the stairs, I see Dinah's husband; Marcel, was it? He was talking to Shawn, Jack, Jacob and Caleb.

"Who was Peyton again?" I think it was Marcel that asked.

So they are talking about me? I grin inwardly as Gail and I stand at the edge of the hall, out of sight, but Gail is itching to go down the stairs.

"Guys, I said nothing was going on between us," Caleb grumbled.

"If you think we believe that, you, my friend are higher in the clouds than a fly. Seriously though, Marcel considers the kind of inspiration Caleb here will get if he and Peyton have a night under the stars."

Did Jacob just suggest that Caleb and I sleep together? I feel like I should set the record straight. That Caleb and I are barely friends right now, but I wait, wondering how this conversation will play out.

"Just so we're on the same page, the only sheets that will be there will be the ones on the table. And one of you will be there with him?" Marcel must be an idiot to be agreeing to this plan. Do I look like one of the whores that Jacob used to get with?

"Just one catch," Jack pointed to the top of the stairs where I was holding Gail. "That's her right there." Seems like I wasn't as quiet as I thought I was.

Abigail ran down the stairs, perfectly drawing attention to me.

"Looks like the beauty company called; they want their mirrors back," I promised Dinah that I would annoy her husband to an early grave if she gave me a cute set of tops from her fashion.

Like a real Dealer, I honour my end of the deal.

"Seems like they would rack up a fortune" I continue with my verbal analysis on Marcel, although I have to filter it a bit because Gail is here.

Marcel rolled his eyes and proceeded to facepalm, "She's Peyton, isn't she?" He motions to me with his head.

I could have sworn I left an impression on him the first time we met.

"Correctamundo." Jacob grinned.

"Dad!" Marci raced down the stairs and jumped to hug her dad, as Gail had done earlier.

I feel my heart clench as it usually does when I am forced to watch a loving family moment like the one before me.

When they pulled apart, "Are you coming for my talent show?" She asked her dad with big eyes.

It seems like time stops as I see myself asking my father like this. The difference between the two scenarios is that I was on the ground bleeding, begging him to stop. He turned his pissed-off expression from my form to a sleeping Lola at the corner of the room.

Courtesy of the earplugs in her ears, she was oblivious to the racket around her. His hand rested softly on her face and said, "When will you learn to be more like your sister."

I just finished cursing out one of his business partners because he was playing the law of demand. He leered from my sister to me. I knew I wouldn't go unpunished, but it was worth it if it meant my other half was safe.

"Sweetie, I.."

Marci's face felt like mine would every time I saw the way my father regarded me with cold looks when I tried to please him in my earlier years.

Dumbest idea I ever had.

"It's okay. I get it-you're busy; I'll have mom come over. You clearly need more." Marci simply said as she left the room.

Why do I feel there is an under meaning to that statement?

"I'll call Dinah," Caleb suggests while putting a hand on Marcel's shoulder.

"I feel like a horrible dad." He rubs his hand on his face.

"Trust me, you aren't," I told him.

He couldn't be farther from the truth.

I spent the rest of the day avoiding Caleb as I had planned earlier. I left Gail in the capable hands of Shawn while Marcel and Jack left the Penthouse.

My door barged open, and Dinah walked in wearing one of her famous dress shirts paired with studded boots.

"I can see walking into restricted places is a family thing?" I ask.

Funny how Marci did the same thing a few nights ago.

"Oh, hush up," She closed the door behind her and sat on my bed, looking at me expectantly.

"Is the part where you congratulate me for pissing off your husband before one in the afternoon?" I cock my head to the side with an amused look.

Dinah throws her head back and laughs, "No, but I wish I was here to see it. I'm here to get the latest update about you and the cute musician downstairs." She rolls her eyes at me when I don't reply.

"One of these days, Peyton, you might regret not doing what's best for your..."

I cut her off because I already know, where this conversation was headed, "As long as Father dearest is still on top in the empire, my happiness will always be at stake."

-

I could kiss the educational system that had the brains to not merge the junior, middle and high school sections into one building.

Miss Beatrice won't be here to act like a desperate fish out of water. So I won't need to save Caleb.

That's what I tell myself, but I don't want to talk to him, and neither does he. But I think the guys were hatching something up, judging from their conversation this morning.

I vaguely hear Caleb and Marci talking about something, but my vision is focused on the forty-something-year-old woman; who keeps making kissing noises in my ear.

"Seems like they allow just about anyone these days to get rich." I roll my eyes at her childish behaviour.

When Caleb and Jacob turn their attention back towards us, she stops.

"Don't worry, I'll keep an eye on her." Dinah shrugged as she unlocked her car.

"Your kids will be alright?" She gazed at me, and I shot her a glare in return.

Why is she so bent on playing cupid for Caleb and me? I may have gotten over my heartbreak -that's if you can call it that- from Jordan, and the last thing I need is to make my life more complicated.

"We're not ten, Dinah." I feel my eyes look up as I tell her this.

"Yes, ten-year-olds are not oblivious to the truth," Dinah replied smugly.

If it weren't for me respecting this woman already, I would rip her extensions off if it makes her shut the hell up.

"Am I missing something?" Caleb asks, clearly picking up on the looks that Dinah and I are giving each other.

"Nothing. You guys should get some rest." Dinah winked at me.

'Enjoy yourself but not too much. I am not ready to start planning your dress.'

'Quit it.' I glare harder at her.

'I'll do that when you stop lying to yourself.'

She drove off after giving me that last look.

"So Peyton, you wanna have dinner with me?" Caleb asked me.

I can't catch feelings for anyone while I am here because it will not end well.

"Jacob, do you like Chinese?" I turn myself so that I am solely looking at Jacob as I ask him out for dinner, something I never thought that I would do.

Jacob shrugged, "Yea, why?"

"There is a restaurant near the house. Wanna come?" I went on; I don't mind eating out but not with him.

"Sounds good, but I can't leave Caleb here," Jacob tells me. I can't believe it. I just got declined a date from a manwhore.

"I'm sure the ghost you speak of can find his way home." I gesture to Caleb.

"If we can get through this dinner, I won't bother getting to know you, and you do your job and leave. Deal?" He grabbed my hand and made me focus solely on him.

He offered me a deal. Any Dealer, I saw the pros and the cons. I don't know why but I didn't want to ever talk to him until further notice, knowing that he meant this. I felt hurt.

"Deal." I mentally slap myself, reminding myself what I came here to do and look him dead in the eye.

-

"So, what is it that made you decide to act like a caring employer tonight?" Might as well get the most out of the night.

"Favorite colour?" I didn't see that coming.

"Black, is this an interrogation?" I cock a brow.

"Interrogation, a conversation. Potato Potatoe." He replied with a flippant tone.

"I never knew you knew such big words, Caleb." I tease him, "Seriously though, if you wanted to get to know me, just ask. Don't be acting like that. A word of advice, don't go all over the place, acting up on people who will up and go very soon."

I was a bit confused about how out of character he was last night. I won't hold it over his head.

"I get it. You're angry. In my defence, playing the piano brings back stuff."

I know that look. I used to get it whenever I looked at my twin sleeping peacefully; while I went out and made deals to make sure she had a happy tomorrow to wake up to.

My resolve slipped. I rested my hand on him, "If it made you feel so damn uncomfortable, why didn't you just play another instrument? You could have just said no."

"Apart from babysitting, what else do you do for a living?"

I contemplated lying but decided to tell the truth but keep it vague.

"I am a Pediatrician, but I don't like hospitals."

"A doctor who doesn't like hospitals, that's new. Why?" He looked at me with disbelief.

I had no intention of telling him about my past work ethic. I say, "Favorite food?"

"It's cereal, Frosties to be exact," He replied.

"Why Frosties?" Add weird to among the things that I have noticed about Caleb.

"Is that a question? Who seriously doesn't like Frosties?" He answers my question with one of his.

"Okay, mister sugar rush. I prefer none."

"How can someone not have a favourite food?" He raises a brow.

"When all the idiots I live with have come very close to burning the house one too many times. I learnt to eat whatever I could get out of the kitchen. I never got to pick a favourite."

That may be a bit too much honesty, but it's true. I had to battle with Aunt Nicole to get food most nights and back on the estate, the maids usually brought my food to my room. I grew tired of walking in on Danny's hookups.

"If you could go anywhere, where would it be?" He continues with his interrogation.

"Anywhere as far as I had my friends with me, but if I were being realistic, I would pick Egypt. I wonder if I could piss off some mummies."

Indeed, I always wondered if Lola, Charlie and I could annoy someone back from the afterlife.

"I would go to Paris..."

"Just because it's the city of love doesn't necessarily mean that you can be Cinderella and fall in love with the first person you see in that city." I cut him off.

He rested his hands on mine while looking at me with sincere hazel orbs, "You might be surprised, Peyton. You may find what you truly desire if you go there."

"Okay, what about your favourite brand?"He asked after a bit of silence had passed.

"Comfort over anything. Favourite anime?"

"Anime?"

"An anime is the adult version of cartoons; all hormonal teenage boys watch it." I offer with a smile. Danny was in love with those.

He looked flabbergasted that I would compare him to a teenager, "I am twenty-five. I'm a grown man."

"Yes, only grown-ups need to prove how old they are."

I start picking at my nails but stop when I see a familiar mop of black hair. Black eyes held eye contact with me, a silent promise of death.

I looked around and cursed myself for not noticing the men in suits standing in the corners of the restaurant.

I needed to get Caleb away for a while in case this might get messy.

"You okay?" Caleb noticed my change in demeanour and tried to look at what I was staring at, but I stopped him.

Seems like my demons have caught up with me.

"Peachy, can you please get the check? I left my purse at home." I try to play it cool and throw in a fake laugh.

He smiled slightly at me and stood up from the table.

I closed my eyes and counted to five; when I opened them back, Jordan was seated before me with a cruel smirk.

"Hola Mi Amor, I never once pegged you for one to forfeit a deal." He played with a fork, and I hoped it accidentally fell and jabbed him in the eye.

"This is the part where you get to the point," I tried to remain calm, but I was scared, "You never gave me the book, so I don't owe you anything."

He would have had to have asked Lola or Charlie or Danny for my location, but the plan was full proof unless he had someone following me.

"You double-crossed me," He slammed the fork on the table. None of the fellow customers noticed his displeasure, "But I'm ready to forgive you and take you back." His former ragged breathing died down, and his face held a smile.

How in Black's name did I ever date this imbecile before me?

"If you plan on offering me another deal, I won't agree," I say, but one of the men in suits pushed a screen onto my face.

I felt my heart drop as I saw Lola and Charlie sleeping on a couch with guns pointed to their heads; Danny was also in the room but was writing on a table. I saw a familiar-looking object under the table that kept blinking red lights.

A bomb.

"I suggest you reconsider Mi amour. Your shit has hit the fan." Jordan looked as he said, "I can call off the bomb and the guns only if you agree to my deal."

I didn't trust myself to talk, so I only nodded.

Jordan grinned, "Good girl, I want you back home and on my sheets with nothing but my ring on your finger."

"And I want you with a bullet through your head, but no worries, the fairy godmother will grant all our wishes." I can't help it. It's a habit.

"If you sass me again, your friend won't be able to walk."

I follow his gaze and see a man who sat inconspicuously on a chair a few feet from where Caleb and Jacob were standing: Holding a gun aimed at them.

It felt like time froze because as much as I would hate to admit it, I wouldn't want anything to happen to them.

"I'll leave you, for now, Mi amour, but remember I'm watching," Jordan whispered in my ear and left.

I gripped the table cloth to steady myself, and my breathing became forced. I dragged another person into my mess, and I don't know how I will fix it.

My mind swirled with many things at once. How Jordan could have found me and what he had done to acquire my exact location tonight.

Different scenarios rolled through my brain like a movie trailer; he threatened the three people I swore to protect.

I don't know how long I had been stuck in my mind, but I felt myself being laid in a bed. When the person turned to leave, I gripped their hand.

If Jordan was true to his word and he was watching me, I would prefer not to be caught dead alone tonight.

"Please stay," I begged the person who put me in bed.

I found myself lost in a pool of hazel when I looked up.

He mumbled a bunch of words asking if I was sure, but I continued to plead with him.

He agreed after some time and got under the sheets with me. I felt the distance between us was more than enough for Jordan to get to me. My fears were becoming evident, but I would continue to fight them.

I reached for Caleb's hand and pulled it towards me. I put it around me as I turned his chest into a makeshift pillow.

I don't know if it was my imagination, but I felt him squeeze my hand and hold me tighter to himself.

The last thing that crossed my mind before I fell asleep was that the pillow I was sleeping on didn't deserve to go through the issues I carried with me.

♤♤♤♤♤

I just discovered that I may or may not have left some details out😬.

In other words, I missed 2 chapters but no biggie. I thought it over, and they didn't have any grounds to be written unless I would confuse you guys further.

Anyway 🙂 so far, I can't decide if I hate Jordan more than Troy,🤔 threatening people is wrong, but he is the Don of Spanish Mafia, so I guess it goes.🤷‍♀️

Please tell me what you think because this chapter has been on my mind for a while.

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

12.4K 383 15
Nobody in the Durance family knew what to do when , instead of one , they were given two . Alex Durance ; social butterfly , the lady killer with a...
28.6K 1.1K 47
~"You don't- you don't need me." I stared in shock. This was the first shred of emotion he'd shown since he started avoiding me, and I had no idea ho...
633K 33.3K 31
When Kay leaves home to discover herself and meets Brian, the handsome scarred owner of a coffee shop that shares her name, she must decide if she h...
7.5K 171 37
I stopped dead in my tracks that time. "I am not a child Dally. Stop treating me like one!" He hesitated to say anything but then spit something out...