Anbum Aranum Udaiththaayin

By Random_Sparks

அன்பும் அறனும் உடைத்தாயின் இல்வாழ்க்கை பண்பும் பயனும் அது. Can marriage be held in name of virtue with no lov... More

Vidhi
Thuyaram
Kaamam
Mana Kumaral
Nerukku Ner
Mudivu
Kilarchi
Kulappam
Avachol
Ninaivugal
Purakkanipu
Aravanaippu
Thelivu
Azhutham
Akkarai
Unardhal
Vethanai
Ellai
Parisu
Kovam
Oppudhal
Pirivu
Sandhipu
Kaarpulli
Nallinakam
Nokkam
Kutra Unarchi
Vivagarathu
Unavagam
Illam
Ketuvai
Thaniyaga
Payirrunar
Pudavai
Sondham
Thirumanam
Udanpirappu
Irppu
Unarchi Purvam
Katandhu Pogum
Avan
Nambikai
Sudari
Pathukappu
Soan papadi
Kalangam
Unmai Tharunam
Varama Sabhama?
Uyir Uruvaadha
Tharunam
Anandha Naatkal
Munmozhivu
Yosanai
Edhirgalam
Niraivu
Varutham
Senkathire
Emmatram
Grahapravesam
Poruppu
Kudumbam
Suya Mariyadhai
Urudhi
Alosanai
Pilavu
Arivuruthal
Nermai
Kadai Thirappu
Dhooram
Samarasam
Amaidhi
En Jeevan
Mogathirai
Nee Naan Naam
Nerukkam
Pathirikkai
Polivu
Ennavale
Marudhani
Maangalyam
Theeranadhi
Kootu Kudumbam
Irudhiurai
Nandrigal 🙏🏽

Anbu

1.1K 122 74
By Random_Sparks

"Dei enna pesaranu therinju than pesariya? ", Dhanam shrieked in anger.

"Enna manichudunga Anni. Ungala edhirthu pesarenu nenaikadhenga", Jeeva tried to make them understand.

"Pinna enna da idhu? Unnai ipadiya vazhathean? Oru ponna virumbina seri. Aana ipo unaku oru kalyanam ayiduchu da. Mulla pathi konjamavadhu yosichiya nee?"

"Thapu than Anni. Enaku kurta unarchiya than iruku. Kandipa andha pulla sandhosama irukanumnu nanum nenaikarean. Enala than ava vazhkai tholachu nikara. Kandipa en kuda irundha, ava sandhosama iruka matta Anni"

He looked around his brothers to gauge their reactions. Kathir gave him a compassionate look that encouraged Jeeva.

"Naan Meena'va kalyanam panalum, Mulla enaku mama ponnu ilama pogadhu. Kandipa andha ponnuku oru nala vazhkai amaika naan ela muyarchiyum seivean"

"Dei. Enna da pesara? Ava oru pombala pulla da. Istathuku inoru kalyanamnu elam pesara. Purinju than pesariya? Andha ponna pathi enna pesuvanganu konjamavadhu yosichiya?"

"Anni. Puriyudhu. Ella thapum naan than panean. Idhai naan seri seiya pakarean Anni.. Andha pulla peru kedama pathupean"

"Dhanam podhum niruthu. Avan mudivu panitu vandhu than namba kita solrean. Namba karutha kekala. Kekara nelamaiyilum avan illa. Nee ulla va", Moorthy roared before dragging Dhanam out of the place.

Jeeva looked defeated

"Anney, elam seriya nadakum. Romba potu kolapikadha. Namba Aanna, Anni thana. Purinjupanga. Nee edhuvum yosikadha", comforted Kathir.

August 1 – 2019 – Pandian Stores

Kathir was alone in the shop with Kumaresan Mama. It was close to 7 and had few hours before they could close the shop, when he got a call from Kanna.

"Anney Anni killa vilundhutanga. Konjam sikiram veetuku va" and he abruptly cut the call without giving any further update. He told Kumaresan mama to take care of the shop and rushed home, as Moorthy was not in the shop.

As soon as he parked his bike and tried knocking the door, he realized the main door was unlocked. He gently pushed to open it. There was pitch-black darkness inside the house, not a single ray of light was there.

"HAPPPYYYY BIRRTHDAYYYYYY"

Many people screamed at once giving him a mini heart attack. The house immediately lit up and his Anni rushed towards him

"Pirandha naal vazhukal Kathiru" and stuffed a piece of kesari in his mouth.

Kathir was too surprised to respond.

"Adhu...Idhu elam..". It was new to him. He has never had a surprise birthday party before. Actually, he has never had a birthday party before. Nor, has he given any thought about his birthday after his fathers' passing. All this felt so weird to him, wonderfully weird.

"Dei, elam pulla Mulla panna yerpadu than da. Pirandha naal vazhukal Kathiru", hugged his elder brother.

Even before he could recover, Jeeva wished him when he noticed both his elder brothers had dodged him with excuses to come home. His eyes shifted to the decorations made in the house.

"Anney, naan than decorations panean. Anni chumma help than pananga", Kanna retorted. Kathir pulled him into a hug while he wished him.

Though everyone was wishing him, his eyes were in pursuit of a single person. He finally found her leaning towards the pillar with smile on her face. His face automatically smiled and he grinned like a fool. He felt special that his birthday mattered to someone.

"Jeeva porandha naala aramichu, ithan panitu iruka ava.", his Anni smiled at him. This only made Kathir shy and bow down.

"Sirichadhu podhum. Va cake cut pannune. Evalavu neram wait panradhu? Pasikudhu", Kanna dragged him to the cake. He does not believe in materialist things, but the thoughts will always count for something and all this was too overwhelming for him. Pushing it aside, he purse his lips together to blow out the candle for first time ever in his life when Kanna yanks his hand away, almost extinguishing the flame in his haste.

Kathir's right eyebrows knit up at Kanna.

"Anney. Modhala oru wish panitu, aparam udhu ". When he stood confused, Kanna added "Endha aasai indha varusham neraveranumnu nenaikariyo, andha manasula nenachutu oodhu anney. Ipadi mangava irukiyey anney"

"Dei mariyathai koraiydudhu. Olungu Anneynu kupidu", spanking Kanna's head. Kathir knew he was bluffing. He did not care how Kanna called him. Though he loved all his nicknames, he would rather taunt him than admitting to it. When he bent again to blow the candle, Kannan's voice echoed again.

"Venda onum illanu vitutadha. Oru bike illa bullet venumnu vendiko. Atleast enakavadhu udavum"

Kathir looked at everyone standing around him with a big smile. His eyes landed on Mullai, who was the reason behind all the celebration. He smiled a little and closed his eyes to make a wish. Kathir did not believe in wishes. He already got his family and had nothing more to wish for. Suddenly, he could see Mullai's smiling face prior to her marriage. Maybe, he wants the happy Mullai back. Without giving a second thought, he made a wish within his head

"Mulla epovum sandhosama sirichutu irukanum"

Once he was done reciting his inner desires, he blew the candle extinguishing his temporary insanity as well as the flame. A series of claps and hoots erupted as he sliced the cake.

He cut the first piece and feed is mother, who kissed him on his forehead

"Nee nenachadhu elam nadakatum da.Epovum sandhosama iru"

After all had a piece of cake, everyone started giving gifts and Kanna cheered Kathir to open them. Kathir was itching to open Mullai's gift first but instead opened his Anni's gift. It had a vesti and new shirt for him. "Azhaga iruku Anni"

Next was Jeeva's and he had presented him a watch. "Anne, naan enaiku aneay watch katti irukean?"

Kanna barged in "Apovey sonean. Kathir anney, kavala padadha, enaku pudicha watch than vanginean. Naan katikarean", snatching the watch away from him.

"Dei, un gift enga da?", Jeeva smacked Kanna's back of the head

"Anney. Unakaga thedi alunju watch vanginadhu naan. Nyayama nee than onum vangi tharala. Poviya", while he was busy wearing the new watch.

Kathir smiled at his brothers and opened the last gift and his jaw dropped when he looked at a collared navy polo tshirt and a beige color pant"

Kanna tapped his shoulder bringing back into the world "Mulla Anni than, epo paaru lungi katara, unaku pant satta vanganumnu vangichu."

"Dei unaku supera irukum da. Potuko...", Jeeva chimed in. Turning to Kanna, "Idhaiyum nee suruta pakadha. Olunga avana poda vidu"

Somehow, the thought of parting with this gift and giving to Kanna irked him and he held the package little tighter and closer to him.

He turned to look at Mullai who was walking towards Kitchen to heat up the food. Making his way through his family without noticing him, he followed Mullai to the kitchen. He called out her name, brimming with inexplicable emotions.

"Mulla."

She turned around with a genuine smile wishing him. "Happy birthday Kathiru"

He did not how to thank her and he just looked at the pant and asked in a flat tone "Mulla, indha parisu..".

Mullai mistook his tone and gave a pout "Poda mateanu solla poriya Kathiru? "

Seeing his face show discomfort, she continued "Epo paaru indha lungi thana katara. Un vayasuku etha mathiri dress pannu, aparam ethana ponnunga unna thirumbi papanganu paaru"

Kathir had his lips pressed together and gave a affiliative smile.

"Nee vera. Enaku indha parisu romba pudichu iruku. Enaku epovum porutkal mela idupadu illa. Aana, enakaga nee menaketu ivalavu panni iruka. En mela ivalavu anba, akaraiya iruka pathiya, ulla enamo panudhu", Kathir rubbed his heart to calm the throbbing emotions.

"Enaku than apadi yarum illa. Unakavadhu irukatum" Mullai muttered under her breath but Kathir heard it anyways.

He felt the urge to make her know how much she valued to him and wanted to show her. He involuntarily moved closer to her. Mullai who was looking somewhere in the wall was now staring down at his eyes. He moved his hand moved towards her face and back of his fingers grazed along her cheek causing Mullai to shiver under his touch.

"Un mela yarukum pasam ilanu yepadi solalam Mulla nee", he asked in a low tone when the voice from entrance broke the trance and he pulled himself back few feet.

"Anney. Inga enna panra?" Seeing the reddish tint on Mullais face, Kanna assumed wrongly and asked in a loud voice

"Pochu. Anni'ya thirumba thita vandhiya? Ipo elam thitradhu ilanu parthu, thirumba aramichutiya?"

Kathir gave a stare and left the place without answering him.

August 2 – 2019 – Pandian house

Mullai feels invisible in front of Jeeva. Sometimes, it is as if she is not there – a living, breathing person composed of cells, flesh and blood. After she stopped talking to him after his birthday, he made no effort to talk to her. Initially she started getting nightmares and was depressed. As time passed she realized this is her life and there is no way she is going to stay depressed. She started embarrassing the small good things that happen around her. She started investing all her free time in reading books and doing craft works.

Everyone in this house was good towards her except Jeeva. He had good friendship with Kanna and Kathir. The cock fighter Kathir is now caring towards her and she cannot deny the fact Kathir has made effort to make her feel comfortable in this house. His care and warmth made her going. She wanted to show her gratitude and planned his surprise birthday party along with Kanna. Seeing him grin like a child made her happy. She remembers how he caressed her cheeks and she felt warm suddenly. She can see how he has changed over these months. However, she was not sure what made him do that. There were many things that she wanted to ask him but did not want to ruin the friendship they share. Clearing her thoughts, she reached out to the living area to see Kanna meddling with the phone. She called out to Kanna to clear out the decorations they made and she joined in too.

"Anni, enaku help elam panrenga?"

"En da. Enamo ella velayum nee than seiyara mathiri pesara"

"Indha edupidi velaiku elam enna than kupiduvenga. Ipo naan kasta pada kudadhunu help elam panrenga?", Kanna giggled

"Apadi illa da Kanna. Panna oru velaiyum illa, padikaradhuku book kuda illa. Adhan poludhu pogalanu idha panrean"

"Naan kuda en mela pasama udhava vandhenganu nenachean. Cha great insult"

She laughed at his antics and pulled his cheeks

"Anni valikudhu Anni" wailed Kanna

"Dei romba panadha da. Idhu elam valikudha unaku?"

"Avan apadi than pa. Avana namadha", said Moorthy. That is when she realized brothers had arrived from shop and quickly stood up. All her smile vanished seeing Jeeva standing right with them. She hurried away to kitchen citing excuse to heat up food for dinner.

Later that night, she retired late to bed hoping Jeeva would have fallen asleep by then. She was surprised seeing Jeeva awake. She slowly walked to her side of bed, when his voice made her freeze.

"Un kita konjam pesanum pa"

Not knowing how to react, she simply stood there waiting for him to continue

"Nee en mela varuthama irukeanu puriyudhu pa. Ipo elam en kuda pesaradhu kuda illa. Naan panradhu thapunu therijum enala madhika mudiya matengudhu. Nee Kannan kuda sandhosama sirichutu irundha. Enna pathadhum, mugam vadiduchu. Kastama iruku pa. En mela kovamna enna thitalam. Mundhi elam yepadi sutti ponna suthitu irundha. Nee apadiyey epavum irukanum pa. Adhan en aasai"

Mullai looked at him baffled. What was he getting at? So, he did notice she hasn't talked to him for 2 months but still made no effort. Should she be happy that he noticed or sad that her feelings did not matter to him at all? She stood tight-lipped, having no proper answer to give him. She went and stood on her side of the bed, thinking he was done talking, when he surprised her once more

"Indha veetla elar melayum avalavu pasama iruka. Kalyanathuku munadi Kathir kuda avala sandai poduva, ipo avan porandha naluku nee avalavu pathu pathu seinju iruka."

Mullai was lost why he is bringing Kathir into their conversation

"Puriyala Mama"

"Nee indha kudumbathukaga panradha elam pakka avalavu sandhosama iruku pa. Namba prachanai kuda nee yar kitayum solala. Namba ela prachanaikum naan than karananumnu puriyudhu pa. Enna mathikanumnu pakarean"

When she just stood listening to him intently, he continued

"Adutha varam oru friend kalyanam iruku. Neum variya? Sendhu poitu varalam?"

She was shell-shocked. This was the first time, he wanted to take care somewhere without anyone forcing it up on him. Was he really trying to make an effort here? Though her mind did not want to believe, her heart fluttered on the thoughts of going somewhere as a couple.

Present – Mullai house

Mullai was lazily browsing the channels on the TV. It has been a long time since she has watched TV without bothering about anything. She heard the news about Jeeva mamas impending wedding yesterday but somehow it was not a shock to her, she kind of feeling relieved that she can finally get out of the mess her life was currently. She was lost in thoughts when, she noticed her mom standing on foot on the sofa, who was giving her a disapproving look that she almost made a move to sit up properly. Her expression was the definition of disappointment. Slim nose upturned, devil red lips twitching. Mullai already knew where this conversation was heading and she signed.

"Amma thirumba thirumba adha pathiyey pesadha ma"

"Enna di neneachutu irukenga elarum? Venam venamnu naan solradha kekama appavum ponnum andha vetuku than marumagala povenu, andha Jeeva payala katikitu ponna. Seri ponnu sandhosama irundha serinu, naanum poruthutu irundhean. Ipo andha kalayanam venamnu vandhu nikara, anga avanuku inoru kalyanam panna pakaranga. En ponnu vazhkai pathi naan yosika kudadha? Adhuku ipadi saluthukara?"

Mullai did not fail to notice the respect missing in Parvathy's speech. All the respect she gave Jeeva, ever since he became the mapillai of the house was thrown of out the window in anger.

"Enna than ma enna panna solra? Naan panadhu thapu. Un pecha kettu irukanumnu othuka solriya? Seri ma, othukarean. "

"Kuruketavaley. Adhuva prachanai ipo? Naanum nee inga vandhadhil irundha, andha veetla irundhu unna kutitu poga varuvanganu pakarean. Jeeva mapillai matum vandhar, avaraiyum nee pakka matenu solita. Ipo avarum varadhu illa. Seri Moorthy, Dhanam varalam illa? Ennamo en kudumbam, nanga than kudumbathaey thalayil nirutharomnu peethipa illa, vandhu samadhanam panna enna? "

"Amma, thevai ilama edhuku ipo Akkavaum, periya mamavayum ilukara?"

"Edho, ipadi apraniya irukaradhala than unna yeikaranga elarum anga"

"Amma podhum ma. Thirumba solrean, enna yarum veeta vitu poga solala. Anga enna elarum nala than pathukitanga. Naana than veeta vitu vandhean"

"Elarum nala pathukita, nee en di veeta vitu vara pora."

Mullai did not want to answer. There is no way her parents are going to understand how a loveless marriage life would be. No matter how much her mom and dad bicker, they have love for each other. How does she explain all these to her mom?

"Nee enna than mudi marachalum, unna anga kodumai paduthi irukanganu enaku theriyum. Dhanathuku apo irundhey nee andha veetuku marumagala poradhu pudikala. Andha Kathir payal, unna pakara edam elam thituvan. Andha vetla elarum, unna enna elam panangalo. Enaku vara atharathuku..."

"Amma podhum ma. Naan ipo sandhosama than ma irukean. Nee dhavaya senju pazhasa pesadha. Ipadi kova padatha. Thirumba solrean, andha veetla elarum nala than pathukitanga. Prachanai, enakum Jeeva mamakum than. Mathavangala thevai ilama ilukadha.", Mullai fumed at her mom targeting Kathir and Akka for no reason.

"Iladi. Indha Parvathy yarunu avangaluku theriyala. Elar melayum police complaint kuduthu, ulla thuki podarena ilayanu paaru. Unna panadhuku, avanga anubavikanum. Anubavipanga.", Parvathy said with determination.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

334K 21.9K 50
#ashaangi . . this is purely fiction..... the characters in the story are real....but the story is entirely fictional. This is an ashaangi story. Ca...
71.2K 5.5K 71
love story based on our own KM!!!!!
389K 25.5K 125
An imaginary plot of Kathir and Mullai before their marriage!!!!! This story is completely a breezy one with no negatives , no twists and no turns...
90K 4.5K 24
Recreation of KM Shivarathiri🙈..