Royal Affection

By repswiftly

Avanna Larsen, Ava for short, is the Princess of Denmark and she is in line to become Queen of Denmark after... More

Royal Affection
CHAPTER ONE - The Big Dream
CHAPTER TWO - Red Hair
CHAPTER THREE - A Familiar Stranger
CHAPTER FOUR - Rude Boy
CHAPTER FIVE - Eventful
CHAPTER SIX - Rosaline and Mathew
CHAPTER SEVEN - The Bully's Nice Friend
CHAPTER EIGHT - Masked Man
CHAPTER NINE - 'A'
CHAPTER TEN - The Practice Kiss?
CHAPTER ELEVEN - Hurt
CHAPTER TWELVE - Tears
CHAPTER THIRTEEN - Butterflies
CHAPTER FOURTEEN - Meant To Be Hate
CHAPTER FIFTEEN - Night-time Chase
CHAPTER SIXTEEN - Broom Cupboard
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - Scared
CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - Anthony Cartwright
CHAPTER NINETEEN - Surprise Kisses
CHAPTER TWENTY - Unspoken
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE - Poopy and Stinky
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO - Under The Moonlight
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE - Hiding Something
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR - Dead Within A Week
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE - Go Get Her
CHAPTER-TWENTY SIX - The Last Scene
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT - Girlfriend
EPILOUGE

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN - Deserves To Be King

17.3K 554 22
By repswiftly

                                    C H A P T E R - T W E N T Y  S E V E N 

I let out a raspy breath and smiled. I couldn’t have been happier to see Joe, stood there straight and unafraid. Also, unlike the previous days I’d seen him he didn’t look too bad.

Something or someone moved behind him. I craned my neck but the bustling of people in front of me restricted my view. The men guarding the area advanced and Joe pulled out the gun I knew he always carried.

“Oh Joe, let’s not do something stupid.” Albert chuckled and held up a bony finger. Joe gave a humourless laugh and I tried to get up onto my feet. “Let Ava go and then I won’t do anything stupid.”

Then, through the gap in the men in front of me, I saw blonde hair and blue eyes. Lucas came into the light, his hair ruffled and his costume now a mess. I looked down at myself and mentally laughed. Here I am sat in a dress, kidnapped and locked in the school basement.

“I see you brought your back up,” laughed Albert and Gibson gave a harsh smirk. I saw Lucas’s eye flicker to everyone in the room and then land on me. I couldn’t tell if he were sad or angry.

“No, but the Denmark Army Force are on their way.” Joe said casually and shrugged with one shoulder. “Don’t think I didn’t know what you were up to, Albert. I’ve been keeping an eye on you and your friends. The King knew as well. He figured Ava would tell Henry, whom she trusts so much that he’d relay the information to his father. He sent me and had and emergency group sent here as back up. It was all clear from that day me and Maria got called to school, isn’t that right, Mr. Gibson?” He looked directly at Gibson and cocked up and eyebrow.

He just chortled and nodded. “You always suspected me, I guess.” He also raised his pistol and pointed it at Joe’s chest. Lucas moved forwards and I wished he didn’t. He just attracted more attention.

My palms had begun to sweat and I wanted to scream. Joe said the emergency group were on their way but that could have been a lie to buy some time.

“Give it up, Albert. Kill her now whilst we know won’t get Henry to become King. Did you ever stop to ask what he wanted?” Joe’s eye flickered to Henry briefly who was clearly crying silently. His eyes were watering and his body shook with every sob.

I didn’t think I’d ever see him cry. Not like this but I wanted to run to him because he was still innocent. He hates what his dad is doing.

“Well if that’s the case then it doesn’t matter who dies. Even if Henry can’t be King, I’ll kill her, I’ll kill you all!” Albert roared and turned to his son and beckoned him over. “Come, Henry, we’ll let these finish them off.”

The men started to move. Two came towards me while the others went for Joe and Lucas. There was a gun shot and the man that had chased Luke and me ducked quickly and began to fire at Joe.

I gasped but I didn’t scream – I couldn’t scream. My voice was gone as someone grabbed my arm and dragged me up.

“NO!” yelled Henry whilst Albert tried to grab his son. “No, I’ve had enough. I never wanted to be King and I’m sick of doing everything you say. You’re crazy, and I’m sickened to call you my dad.” Henry yelled at Albert who was socked by the outburst from his son.

The gun shots startled me and I realised that Gibson had a hold of me. I kicked with my heel and jabbed him in the shin. He howled in pain and raised his arm, backhanding me hard. I cried and felt my face throb. I felt his gun at my head and then a yell. I was lost in a world wind of colours as I tumbled to the floor and saw Henry fighting with Gibson.

Then a gun sounded and I screamed.

***

Lucas Cartwright

“AVA!” I yelled and ducked quickly behind a tank, missing a bullet by inches. What on earth had I gotten into? I could see Joe, shooting and panting. There were scratches on his face but he kept fighting like a warrior and lashed out and slammed his foot in one of the men’s chest.

I peaked around the tank and saw Ava on the floor crying. I quickly ran, not caring if I got shot. I dropped to the floor beside her and pulled her close.

“Henry!” She shouted and I saw her cousin, lying on the floor with a pool of blood surrounding him. He wasn’t dead, but gurgled and blood spurted out from the corner of his mouth. Gibson was hovering over him, the gun aimed at his head.

I stood up and did the only thing I could. I punched Gibson and the gun went flying. The blow connected with his jaw and then I grabbed him by the collar, slamming him into the brick wall.

He groaned and blood was spilling out from where his skull had cracked open. His limp body slid to the ground and I backed away, going back to Ava who was trying to hold onto Henry.

“Ava,” I said but she was weeping with her hand still cuffed. I grabbed them and reached for Gibson’s gun. “Wait,” I held her arms at a distance and aimed at the chain. I shot and it came apart, freeing her hands.

She quickly fell onto Henry and put his head on her lap. “It’s okay, you’ll be fine.” However, Henry lay still and I gripped onto Ava’s arms.

“Ava, we-“

There were more yells and the basement door fell open. People - men in black gear poured through, yelling and holding their guns at Albert and the others. I could see Joe breathing and pointing out the accomplices.  I saw paramedic rushing in and running towards Henry.

I held onto Ava and pulled her back, letting the medics do their job. “He’ll be fine.” I whispered but don’t know if she heard. I saw the principal, April, Goodman, Jake and even Paige, all looking at the chaos. They got sent away before they got hurt but I was still holding Ava in my arms with blood staining her arms and clothes.

***

There were a dozen police cars, ambulances and army trucks parked outside the school. The sirens blared and the blue lights flashed through the dark, chilled night. I inhaled and wrapped my arms around me. I had been questioned by the police but thankfully Joe had taken care of that. My parents were on their way and Maria was so worried she flung her arms around me, yelled at me, told me she loved me, checked if I were okay and then cried.

I had wandered away from it all, just to be alone. I had seen the paramedics take Henry away onto the ambulance but I had no idea if he were okay or…

“Ava?” I turned and saw Lucas. He walked towards me with a grey blanket in his arms. “Thought you might be cold.” He said and wrapped it around me. He had changed from his costume but I hadn’t. The police had questioned him too and I’d seen the police cars take Albert and the rest away with Gibson gone in an ambulance accompanied by a policeman.

“Thanks,” I muttered and tightened the blanket around me. We stood in silence at first but he blew out a breath of air and stared at me. “He wanted Henry to be king.” He said. “That’s why they wanted to kill you.”

I said nothing and let him speak. Then, when he had nothing else to say, I leaned my head on his shoulder. “Thank you,” I said again. “Thanks for coming down there with Joe.” I felt his arm tighten around me and pulled me closer into his chest.

“Once Joe said you’d disappeared, I was worried. I had to look for you.” He said and it rumbled through his chest.  “Oh and they said Henry will be fine.” He said and I could hear the happiness in his voice. I lifted my head ad smiled at him. “That’s good.” I whisper then slowly put my head back on his shoulder.

“Ava? Lucas?” I saw April and Jake call us and rush over. April grabbed me and embraced me tightly whilst Jake did the same with Lucas. “Are you okay? Oh god, of course you’re not. You could have been hurt.” April shrieked and it put a smile on my face. She reminded me a lot of Maria who was constantly worried.

“I’m fine, April.” I say and calm her down. “That’s good,” says Jake and hugs me too. I sigh and look back at Lucas.

“AVA!” Again my head snapped to the call and saw my mother. Mum and my dad. They’re here. I dropped the blanket and ran to them. I ran straight into my mother’s arms and melted into the warmth of her arms. Then I felt another pair of strong arms grab me and hold me - my dad.

“Ava, oh darling, you’re okay.” My mother breathed slowly. “I never trusted Albert.” She cried in disgust and pulled away. However, my dad grabbed me and held on. “My girl, I never should have let you come here.”

“No, Dad. That wasn’t the problem.” I look to my parents. “The problem is all this Royalty. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. I don’t want to be Queen. I’m so young, and Henry, he deserves to be King despite what his Dad’s done. He’ll be an amazing ruler.” I look hopefully at my parents yet they don’t agree or disagree.

“Once he’s okay. Henry should be King.” I nod and watch the ambulances, police cars, drive away.

 _____________________________________________________

Firstly, MERRY CHRISTMAS! :P And update on Christmas day. My gift to you :) Anyway, hope you have a great day and I hope you like this chapter :) x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 69 17
A story about a girl,she is living a bit of a normal life but...Her parents treat her badly,she get kinda bullied in school,ppl hate her and treat he...
2M 78.7K 49
Unlike everyone else, Ellie Anderson thought she had it easy in high school. Except for the first year. It sucks for everyone. But her reason was tot...
39.5K 1.1K 32
Julia thought senior year was gonna be the best year in her life. After ending a two year relationship and dealing with her mothers new marriage, it...
1.4K 76 6
Ashley Sylvester is beyond happy when she gets accepted into Caden's School of Music. At 17, she's a senior there. She is happier about the fact that...