Ineffable. [D. Malfoy]

By sirizziuss

If he was the devil, she was his creator. For her angelic stance lasted so long- until his demons twisted her... More

introduction.
prologue.
one.
two.
three.
four.
five.
six.
eight.
nine.
ten.
eleven.
twelve.
thirteen.
fourteen.
fifteen.
sixteen.
seventeen.
eighteen.
nineteen.
twenty.
twenty-one.
twenty-two.
twenty-three.
twenty-four.
twenty-five.
twenty-six.
twenty-seven.
twenty-eight.
twenty-nine.
thirty.
thirty-one.
thirty-two.
I
II
III
thirty-six.
thirty-seven.
thank you.

seven.

1.9K 130 171
By sirizziuss

Draco's hand reached out for hers. Esme kept her eyes on him, accepting his hand. She was completely unaware of everything she was feeling. It seemed like the entire room was spiralling around, and the only thing keeping her steady was the tightness of his grip around her hand. His cool fingers slipped through hers, sending an unusual sensation down towards her core. Steading herself in the middle of the ballroom, she moved her hands up to his shoulders. His arms slipped down to her waist, gently pulling her in closer as the scent of him consumed her senses.

She could smell his cologne mixed with a hint of vanilla as she breathed in the scent of him, almost sighing out loud in content. His stare made her feel slightly dizzy. When she turned back to look at him, she noticed he was staring down at her with a smug smile over his pink lips. She blushed.

He noticed her breathing his scent in.

The violins burst out, playing the music, and her face broke out into a jaw-dropping smile. It was her favourite song of all time. Mr.Malfoy's slipped his left hand into hers, lifting it up in the air. His other remained around her waist. He began gliding across the marble floor, and she followed his feet, naturally following in the path of his footsteps. He was guiding her.

Her heels were secure against her floor. She didn't wobble or fall over because she was dancing. She had danced to this song in heels since she was a child, moving across her room, eyes closed, pretending someone was in her arms. But now, as her eyes opened, she held the gaze of Mr.Malfoy, who was spinning her around the ballroom.

Just like the one she had always dreamed to dance in.

Her heart thumped in her chest, but she felt safe and secure with his arm around her. This moment belonged to him and her. Her face broke out into a large smile, and she giggled in delight. His eyes never left hers, staring into the depth of her brown hues, watching her have fun. Then his expression changed, a small smile covering his lips. They danced gracefully around the ballroom, ignoring the eyes of all who were watching them.

Mr.Malfoy cool touch around her waist was sending a feeling of euphoria throughout her entire body. She was happy. She never shared this type of happiness with Scorpius. His eyes flickered to hers in fear as if he heard her thoughts. She glanced nervously at him, biting her lower lip. Draco's eyes hardened, a certain hunger took over his eyes. Her palms grew sweaty against his, but it didn't matter. He gripped her body tighter, pulling her closer into him.

"I highly enjoy this song."

He smirked at her "As do I."

"You have good taste in music."

"Oh i'm well aware."

She bit her lip to suppress a laugh. Taking note of the way he was doing the exact same.

Her arms begin to feel slightly itchy, but she ignored it, lost in the eyes of Mr.Malfoy. His attention shifted down towards her arms, and his face paled instantly. Her eyebrows scrunched up in confusion until she turned her head to look at down at her arms as well.

The Scars, Her Scars.

Everyone was going to see them if she didn't leave. She gasped, a single tear rolling down her cheek.

"Please get me out, please." She whimpered.

He nodded, his face blank as a sheet.

The glint. The spark. The emotions were all gone.

Draco dropped her hand, immediately pulling her into his arms. Her stomach flipped again, and the warmth of his strong-hold made her feel protected.

"Apparate."

When she felt herself land back in her room, sobs erupted from her mouth. She slapped a hand over her mouth, trying to hide the atrocious sounds that left her lips, with that she fell to the floor.

"What the fuck?" When were you going to tell someone about those scars Esme? Those could lead to infections if you don't heal them." He yelled.

She barely noticed the way her name passed through his lips, her heart accelerating even faster, she was becoming faint.

"Shh- they are faa-ded." she sobbed into her hands.

"Don't ever tell me to shush." He growled before taking a deep breath. " I need to heal them before the infections spread. Don't you know what an infection looks like goddamit?"

His tone was soft and commanding all at once.

"Outside." She sniffled. 

"What?". Mr.Malfoy kneeled in front of her body.

"Heal me outside please."

He let out a large sigh as he gently picked her up into his arms. She tightened her fingers against his blazer feeling too weak to do anything. Tears were falling down her cheeks, and his professional expression made her feel worse. She wanted to have the smiling Malfoy back.

"Don't look at me any different." she choked out.

"Is that what your worried about?"

"I think so."

His lips sealed, his face becoming hard as he watched more tears escape her eyes. She shuddered as the breeze passed her arms and legs, covering them in goosebumps. He mumbled something she couldn't make out as he lowered her down on a soft couch.

Oh. He transfigured the chair into a couch for her.

When he let go, her body tingled. It felt as if she was missing something. His touch. She wanted him to hold her in his arms again, caress her skin as if the scars didn't matter. She yearned for the feeling of his cool fingers against her warm flesh.

"I need to give you a sleeping draught."

His words were demanding, but she didn't want to be asleep. She wanted to watch the scars heal from her body.

"N-no."

"Now is not the time to argue with me Ms.Smith."

He stared at her in frustration, and she sunk her shoulders back on the couch. " I- I just I want to stay awake."

"You can't."

"I will."

'Ms. Smith, I'm not asking, I'm telling you. So quit acting out and listen."

She complied, not wanting to set him off. He already looked angry at her for disobeying his simple wishes. She watched as he left her side, walking back inside the room, moments later returning with the sleeping draught in this hand. Ever so slightly, her fingers reached out for it, Avoiding the touching of his fingers. Her hand trembled as she opened her mouth, lips quivering. He urged her on by nodding his head, looking at her in hopefulness. She drank it in one gulp.

"Don't be Afraid." he murmured.

Those were the last words she heard before the liquid hauled her body into a sleepy state.

When her eyes opened the morning after, two sets of eyes were peering down at her in worry. She jolted from the bed, hitting her head against Scorpius's forehead.

"Esme, are you okay?"

What? Why wouldn't she be okay?

And then last night's memories flooded into her mind.

From the moment she walked into the ballroom.

To meeting Mr.Malfoy's stare.

The way their eyes never wanted to leave each other.

The coolness of his fingers over her waist and hand. The spark in her stomach that rushed through her veins. It lighted each part of her body, leaving her like a firework.

The gracefulness of their steps while dancing.

His smirk and wickedness behind his enchanting eyes.

The way he intruded her mind divulging into conversation with her.

His face when her scars reappeared on her skin, the paleness in his features. The way he held her into his arms while apparating out of the room without question.

His tone when he yelled at her for not telling anyone.

The way he took care of her. Lifting her up off the floor and taking her outside to heal her.

His demanding words, sending fire to her body, making her feel like no other.

"don't be afraid." he had told her.

She remembered his icy features boring into the heat of her own.

His silver eyes held a specific meaning behind them, and she was desperate to discover it.

"Esme?" Scorpius scolded, snapping her out of her intrusive thoughts about his father. Looking up at Scorpius, her chest filled with guilt.

How could she think like this? She was being absurd. What kind of person thinks about their friend's father like that. She didn't even have a title for her and Scorpius's relationship. She was mortified.

"Sorry, what?"

"My Father told me you weren't feeling well."

"I wasen't he apparated me straight back."

He looked guilty, almost like he had been caught. Esme noticed immediately, raising her eyebrows up at him.

"Where were you?"

This time she saw Mara's face pale, along with Scorpius.

'Work, love."

Mr.Malfoy has covered for her. He lied to his son, keeping her scars a secret from everyone. He respected her wishes, and for that specific reason, a smile took over her lips.

She was in deep thought about Mr.Malfoy, she barely noticed the way Mara's face whitened as Scorpius turned his head over to look at her.

But she did notice, and she wanted to hoard them with questions. She felt weak. Her arms were slightly sore, burning with the healing cream that was applied to them. It was veiled, under the covers of the bed so no one would see the slimy texture spread across her arms. She mentally thanked Mr.Malfoy for that again.

"Do you want to go to the library?"

Her eyes shot up at Scorpius in excitement. She had always wanted to see the Malfoy library. He told her about all the various sorts of books that took up the shelves, all organized by last name to their genres.

Her arms were immensely sore. There was no way she would be able to lift a book off the shelf. Then she would have to explain her inability to move to Scorpius and then to Mara. She was a terrible liar, both of them already knew this, and it would all lead to a consequential disaster.

Solving her problem, she smiled weakly.

"Another time, I think I'm going to rest for now."

"Would you mind if Mara and I went down then. She wanted to pick up a couple of books for her mother?"

"No, not at all."

He brought his lips down to her forehead, giving her a small peck.

"Be back soon, we can have dinner together."

She sent him another weak smile as they both left the room without a second glance back at her. She was afraid, terribly afraid. She wanted to check what her arms looked like more than anything. The burning sensation rushed through her forearm arms again, and she groaned in pain. It hurt like hell.

Turning her head to the side, she peered at her dresser. A small shot glass was hidden behind her tall stack of books, she almost didn't see it with the way her books were arranged. No wonder Scorpius or Mara didn't see it either. It was hidden behind all her things. Her eyes squinted towards the paper that was tapped to the side of the glass.

The note read, "say.. Accio numbing potion." it'll float to your mouth, and you can drink it without lifting your arms."

Mr.Malfoy.

He left her a numbing potion. Her heart swelled up. He knew she would be in pain.

She panicked, wondering if he knew she lost her ability to perform magic. She couldn't even remember the last time she did wandless magic, It would be impossible. Starring at the glass, she debated on not drinking it. Just then, the burning feeling took over her arms, and she whimpered at the pain. She was almost numb without even taking the potion. The pain was becoming unbearable.

No, She needed to get her magic back, so she could leave and find her mother. There was absolutely no harm in trying.

Taking a deep breath in, she spoke, " Accio Numbing Potion."

It didn't work. The glass remained at the side unmoving. Not even by the slightest. Esme huffed. Maybe she wasn't ready to retrieve her magic. What if she never got it back?

"Take many chances willingly, you'll never know the outcome."

The sound of her mother's voice rang in her ears.

She exhaled, eyeing the glass in determination, "Accio Numbing Potion."

The glass rose from the dresser, her eyes wide in surprise before she broke out in laughter. She did it. She was able to do wandless magic on her second try. The sound of her laughter spread through the room, and she sat grinning like an idiot as the glass floated her way.

Esme opened her mouth, watching the glass tilt down her throat as it remained floating in the air. She swallowed quickly, taking immediate notice of the change in taste. It didn't taste like blueberries. Instead, her tongue licked the remains of strawberry liquid on her lips. She grinned. Strawberries were her favourite fruit. 

Mr.Malfoy helped her once again by leaving the numbing potion. She needed to find him and thank him for all he's done.

With that, he walked through the door, wearing his typical all-black suit. He looked deviously handsome. Esme's smile fell the moment she met his hard stare. They both glanced at each other quietly. He seemed to be studying her features, eyeing her face for tears or any signs of tremendous pain. The pain was present, but she felt it subside the moment he made his presence known. She wanted to speak, except her throat was dry. Swallowing as fast as possible to clear the thickness in her throat, she said the first words that came to mind.

"Thank you for healing me."

"It's my job."

She flinched at the sound of his voice. He was reserved, his position upright, not showing the slightest bit of emotions. He looked entirely professional.

"Your job?"

"I'm a healer."

He glanced around the room, avoiding her eyes. She wanted him to look at her again, the same way he did yesterday.

"Your a healer?"

She had no clue.

Mr.Malfoy didn't seem like the type of man to become a healer. She would have thought he was a businessman or worked at the ministry with a high role, or head of a department, possibly even the Minister of Magic.

"Surprised?"

"Sort of."

Mr.Malfoy paused, she felt the silence between them create a barrier.  He bit down on his lip, watching her carefully. She opened her mouth to speak again, but he beat her to it, "Very well, I'll be off then.".

His eyes remained guarded, his voice sent daggers down her spine. The room felt cold as ice. As if all the warmth had been sucked out by the smallest of his words. No numbing potion would ever take away the feeling.

Her heart sank all the way down to her stomach as he avoided her eyes for the second time. He then turned swiftly on his heels, walking out of the bedroom.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.1K 717 25
"You are to marry my son." That is when y/n's life took a wild turn. I didn't know what it is like to be loved. (Under edit)
20.9K 848 10
If Draco and Astoria Malfoy had been better people from the start, they would not have ended up married to each other. A life together is just the pr...
6.5K 52 16
π‘‡π˜©π‘’ π‘ π‘‘π‘œπ‘Ÿπ‘¦ π‘œπ‘“ π·π‘Ÿπ‘Žπ‘π‘œ π‘Žπ‘›π‘‘ π»π‘’π‘Ÿπ‘šπ‘œπ‘›π‘–π‘’. 𝐼𝑑 𝑖𝑠 π‘π‘œπ‘ π‘ π‘–π‘π‘™π‘’ π‘‘π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£π‘’ π‘¦π‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ π‘”π‘Ÿπ‘’π‘Žπ‘‘π‘’π‘ π‘‘ π‘’π‘›π‘’π‘šπ‘¦? π‘‡π‘œ π‘™π‘œπ‘£...
15.2K 716 37
DRARRY A love story of epic proportions. Like Hermoine loves books. Like Ron loves food. Like Harry loves Draco. Feelings from Hogwarts. And a lov...