two.

When she woke again, her body felt on fire, a cascade of red enveloping as a surfacing shield. Her eyes were glued shut, refusing to open- and for a brief moment, she wondered if she was in hell. Groaning quietly, Esme tried to shift her body right but instead is met with the same icy texture of the chains tying her petite body down. 

Her mind wandered to whose property she had become and hoped Mr Zabini would if she spoke about Scorpius. The memory of the two were both vivid, as she was grasping for hope, a small sentiment of a belief that would set her free eventually.

Esme felt someone tap her side gently, her eyes flickered briefly before they reopened, and she was met with the bright lights. Her hues squinted tightly as if lasers were being portrayed into her retinas. Her migraine was absent, but the voices in the background were still somewhat hasty.

"Open your mouth and drink this, dear." a soft woman's voice called out from beside her. Her smile glowed deeper around the room, and it felt as if the happiness was formatting in waves, collapsing one after the other. 

The lady was a healer. Esme nodded, having no choice but to obey. Her life has been a fragment of glass. Shattered in ruins without the ability to rebuild from what was left. Slowly opening her jaw, she felt a tinge of pain as it was still sore. Her chapped lips restricted from any further movement, making her quench with disgust from the inside.

The healer was using one hand to pour down the liquidy blue drink down her throat while the other was tilting her head back- allowing for it to pass all the way down. She coughed at the taste. Blueberry. She had always detested the flavour. Her mind and thoughts began to slow down as the icy texture started to twindle with her brain.

The numbing potion worked its way down from the top of her head to the tips of her toes, disguising her mobility.

Her stomach twisted, and she was horrified. She was a toy to them. Using her as their own experimental doll. Until all was ruined, and there was nothing left to saviour out of her. Once she was empty, they would leave her to die. 

Just as she was about to shut her eyes, a figure came into view, and her vision cleared immediately. Scorpius

Esme opened her mouth to scream, trying to sound out her voice for him to hear her. To her disappointment, his focus was fixated on elsewhere. She felt tears well up in the corners of her eyes; disregarding the numbing sensation in her cheeks prevented her from feeling anymore. 

Although her body had begun to relax for once, shoulders sinking into the material she was laid upon. He came. She felt her eyes suddenly go numb and without a reason to fight- they closed on their own accord. The voices in the room submerged from the water now became apparent.

"What did they do to her?" Scorpius voice echoed across the almost empty room. Her body jerked, flinching slightly at his tone. She had forgotten the sound of his voice; it had been too long.

"Nothing.", the healer responded quietly. The sound of footsteps around her bed made her heart accelerate rapidly in her chest. The sound of blood pumping into her ears was divided between whoever remained in the room with her.

Silence.

"She hurt herself, Scorpius," The healer continued a couple seconds later.

"Fuck is she going to be okay?" he whispered.

Esme could picture him running a hand through his platinum hair in frustration. If her lips weren't numb and the circumstance may have been altered differently, she would have smiled. The memory of him was still blurry, and only certain things were given through clarity.