Rainbow In The Storm || DISCO...

By -Clovernotfound

When she has suicidal thoughts, her only ray of sunshine is One Direction. OR Where a girl who struggles with... More

DISCLAIME & A/N
Intro
Cutting
Dreaming
Joy
Blue And Green
Supporting Him
The Concert
Hiatus
im so very sorry

Tickets

44 4 1
By -Clovernotfound

Hiraeth had woken up that Saturday morning, the day before ticket sales, to see that her dad and little brother were gone. Her dad was gone most days, usually out getting drunk or some shit like that, but Dakota never was gone in weekends.

Probably with his friends, Hiraeth thought to herself.

Hiraeth wanted to go to the concert but literally everybody in Maine would most likely be there. She looked around for her piggy bank she'd had since she was three. She opened it to find... quite a bit of money.

Usually her mom would always count her money because Hiraeth used to struggle with math but now Hiraeth had improved her skills, solely for her mom, so she would count it herself. She sat on her hardwood floor, stained with drops of paint; Hiraeth loved painting and was really good at it. She remembered when her mom would always paint with her. She still owns one of the pieces of art that her mom painted. It was a beautiful sunset over a horizon, the sky fading from red to yellow, the waves rippling and actively moving across the ocean. It was as if you could hear the waves crashing onto the beach, an easy sound to fall asleep to. She remembered these things and thoughts she would paint something for One Direction, and began counting the money she had been saving for over a decade.

After a countless amount of time she spent counting the money, her total was $875.46 (€721.29, £638.44)

Damn, Hiraeth thought to herself, I saved a lot of money.

Hiraeth went to the 1D ticket sales website and found the ones for Maine. She saw that they only costed $700 (€576.72, £510.48) for upfront seats!

How are they so cheap? She asked herself. But, she had to put her money on a credit card to be able to buy the ticket.

After that was done, it was already about 7pm. Her dad was still not home, nor was her brother. She was beginning to get worried so she decided to call Dakota.

The phone rang but no answer. She called him again, no answer. One more time...

"Hiraeth?"

"Yes it's me you dipshit where the fuck are you?!"

"I'm with my friends."

"Where?"

"What?"

"Where the fuck are you?! If you don't tell me then I'll just tell dad!"

"Ok ok fine. We're at a party, just down the street. Don't tell dad."

"Oh I won't tell dad...if you're home before him. He should be home soon now. Bye, Dakota."
Hiraeth hung up with those last words.

She didn't mean to scare her little brother, if she did, she was just worried and that was the only way to make sure he was safe.

At 8:00, Hiraeth was worried enough. She started pacing around near the front door.

It's been 50 minutes where the hell is he?!

Just as those thoughts passed her mind, Hiraeth heard the door open and immediately turned her head to see Dakota. She ran over to him and hugged him tightly.

"I was so worried" Hiraeth said, her voice heavy with guilt though it wasn't her fault.

"Why? You don't ever pay attention to me. You don't care about me, Hiraeth." Dakota stated. It wasn't true but it wasn't neccessary false. Hiraeth didn't pay him too much attention but she did care about her little brother.

"Dakota, do you really believe that? Is that why you did that?" Hiraeth asked. "Of course I care about you. I was worried because I don't want to lose you too. You're my little brother and basically the only family, hell the only person, I have left. Dad's a hopeless drunk and I've lost everyone else. At least you have friends... That's not relevant. The point is, I love you, Dakota. Please don't think I don't."

"I'm so sorry, Ray. I can't believe I was stupid enough to worry you, to make you think you were gonna lose you. I love you too. I'm sorry I don't say it often." Dakota apologized with a sigh, knowing that he shouldn't have worried Hiraeth, her already having been through so much.

"Don't worry about it. Next time just tell me where you've went. And from now on, talk to me. I understand how it feels to not feel loved by certain people."

"I will, if I need to. So have you heard about the One Direction reunion?" Dakota asked trying to start conversation as they made their way over to the living area, both sitting down.

"No shit, Dax. Oh that reminds me!" Hiraeth said checking the time, it only being 8:23.

"What's up?" Dakota asked, wanting to know what it was Hiraeth was planning.

"Nothing, I was just gonna buy tickets but they're not on sale yet."

"Wait did dad give you the permission? How did you get the money?" Dakota questioned his older sister, it being a very valid question.

"Does it look like I care if dad gives me the permission to go? And it's my money, the money that I used to count with mom every weekend. She always told me to save it until I was positive I wanted to spend it. I promised her I wouldn't spend it unless it was something I wouldn't regret or something I was really passionate about. I think it's a good way to spend the money and I don't think mom would've minded if she were still here," Hiraeth explained.

"That's understandable. I hope you don't get in trouble for it."

"I won't, Dax. Promise," Hiraeth responded with a smile.

The two of them talked and laughed for some time. They laughed over the stupidest things that only siblings laugh over like inside jokes and your past. Things that you've said or pronounced wrong, times where you tripped over your own feet, things you do on a daily that you probably shouldn't, how you react to different things, all things that siblings don't forget and will stick around, but it's ok because you make a joke about it. All of the little things that truly make siblings a wonderful thing.

"Alright it's getting late. You should get to bed, I know you were awake earlier before me. I didn't realize we'd been talking for so long. We should do it more often," Hiraeth said getting up from where she was previously laying, walking towards her bedroom door.

"We should, shouldn't we? Goodnight, Ray. Thanks for everything, making me laugh, I mean. I- " Dakota stopped before he finished what he was saying. They barely talked to each other, much less showed cared for each other. It's not like it wasn't true but he hasn't said it in so long. It just doesn't feel right. Yeah, he'dsaid it earlier but that was in the heat of the moment and he didn't know what else to day. It was like he didn't have a choice whether to say it or to not.

"Its ok, Dax. I love you too." Hiraeth finished Dakota's sentence for him, knowing he either couldn't or didn't want to.

They both went their separate ways into their own bedrooms, Hiraeth shutting her door and turning her light on. It was only 10:17pm. Her dad was yet to be home, tickets were yet to go on sale, and she was yet to be tired. To keep her mind occupied and to pass time quicker, Hiraeth turned on her One Direction playlist and began to clean her room.

As she began to pick up all the lose clothes that were laying on the floor, probably there for weeks from when she came home and threw the clothes she'd worn to school on the floor after she'd changed instead of washing them immediately, the song
Steal My Girl came on. One of her personal favorites.

Hiraeth danced around and sang the lyrics while she cleaned her room, getting distracted by all the little things she forgot she owned. Hiraeth was actually quite a good singer but she wasn't confident or comfortable with her voice. Her mom used to say "You can sing like an angel, but without thinking of the heavens you'll lose the melody." It never really made any sense to Hiraeth but she just assumed it meant that if you can't picture yourself going somewhere with your voice, then you weren't doing any good.

Hiraeth finished actually cleaning her room at 11:39. It took her over an hour to do it but it was something she had to get done. It also passed time quickly, it felt like only 10 minutes went by though at least 12 songs played.

After sitting around in her room for 15 minutes, Hiraeth got her laptop. She just watched YouTube until midnight finally came and tickets were on sale. Hiraeth quickly went to the website they were being sold from and ordered hers, seats so close to the stage that you might get wet from the water fights or you might get Harry's pride flag. Hiraeth couldn't have been more happy at that time. It was all she had wanted, for One Direction to end their hiatus.

The week had been crazy! Harry and Louis came out and social media was still going crazy over it! Hiraeth thought it wouldn't end, but she wasn't mad about it, she was actually very happy for her OTP to finally be confirmed. She had gotten tickets to see the people that saved her life in person which was crazy enough as it was. Her and Dakota were finally getting back into their old rhythm and she had finally cleaned her room.

That night, Hiraeth slept very happily because she knew that she would be going to one of One Direction's Reunion Tour concerts.

Everybody wanna Steal My Girl
Everybody wanna take her heart away
Couple billion in the whole wide world
Find another one cuz she belongs to me

A/N:
Sorry this chapter took so long, I've had extreme writers block but I'm actually really proud of this one. I've been trying to make each chapter longer.
I've never been to a concert so I honestly have no clue how the entire ticket system works, I don't care though. I'll write to the best of my ability.
Is there anything you'd like to see happen in the story?
Go drink some water for me, please? I love you 💕✨

-Maggie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

206K 2.1K 59
Title says it all :) Comments are appreciated and I read all of them. Disclaimer - I would never want any of them to fall ill, my life revolves aroun...
866K 28K 51
It's been 5 years since One Direction went on a hiatus. The boys all are successful and happy in their solo careers and have kept in touch. That is...
36.2K 625 21
Struggling to find to love himself harry battles anorexia anxiety and depression but when he has a crush on a fellow band member will it turn out oka...
1.5K 86 86
this is a story about a huge one direction fan finding out her step brother is harry styles Tw: suicidal thoughts and attempts