Born To Be

By NightTime_Storiexs

The kingdom of Zariya. Prince Archer of Zariya. Evelyn, a citizen of Zariya. The prince has now turned twenty... More

Characters
1| Cherie
2| Pins
3| Chocolate
4| Adored
5| Bribe
6| Torture
7| Jealous
8| Deal
9| Defeat
10| Word
11| Hopes
12| Welcomed
13| Seek
14| Night
15| Stare
16| Distraction
17| Pure
18| Logical
19| Discipline
20| Photograph
21| Life
22| Enough
23| Bloom
24| Revelation
25| Electricity
26| Flip
27| Disease
28| Rules
29| Chase
30| Marry
31| Apart
32| You
33| Value
34| Farewell
35| Theatre
36| Alone
37| Soul
38| Disgrace
40| Proposal
41| Love
42| Recap
43| Knot
44| Sinking
45| Epiphany
46| Fantasy
47| Spoiled
48| Pearls
49| Yes
Epilogue 1
Epilogue 2

39| Match

26.2K 1K 213
By NightTime_Storiexs

Chapter 39: Match (Evelyn's POV)

I woke up the next morning when the sun started peeking through the blinds. I whined, turning over onto the other side, slowly squinting my eyes open. 

Archer was lying right there beside me. And I thought he would also be waking up or still be asleep, but he was wide awake and looked like he had been for a while. A beam of sunlight was hitting him straight in the face, brightening it up while his eyes looked absolutely beautiful. They looked like the perfect mix of the green and blue that they are. And he was looking right at me. 

"What are you doing?" I laughed, hiding my face behind my hands, turning over onto my stomach, and putting my face in the pillow. 

"I'm looking," he chuckled, tucking my hair behind my ear before slowly starting to run his fingers through my hair. 

"At what?" I asked, propping myself up on my elbows. 

"At how pretty you look in the mornings," he mumbled. 

I laughed softly, lying on my side and scooting closer to him, putting my face in the crook of his neck. "I hate how you're trying to fluster me as soon as I wake up," I chuckled. 

"I don't do this every day," he retorted. 

"So why is today special?" I asked, pulling back to look at him. 

"Because you look exceptional in my shirt," he answered. 

Last night, before I went to freshen up and change in my room, I snatched a t-shirt from his closet and wore that with one of the silk shorts. And I can say, his shirts are definitely more comfortable than silk tops. I stayed in his room because he made sure I did. He came back and quite literally picked me up and dragged me out of my room and into his and I didn't bother sneaking out once he was asleep. 

"Have we missed breakfast? Again?" I asked, running my fingers through my hair, pushing it back. 

"I'm afraid so," he mumbled, rubbing his eyes. 

"Fantastic," I said sarcastically. 

"I have to get dressed," I sighed, throwing the covers off and standing up to leave and get ready. 

"No!" he yelled loudly. 

I gasped, flinching at how loud he was while he grabbed my wrist and yanked me back down. "Jesus, oh my God, why are you yelling?" I laughed, falling back into my spot beside him. 

"Cause you can't go," he said through gritted teeth, wrapping his arms around me tightly and putting his head in the crook of my neck. 

"What are you doing?" I laughed, my head resting on the back of his head. 

"Mm-mm." He shook his head, snuggling in closer to me. 

"I have to get ready though," I whined, biting back a laugh. 

"No," he mumbled. 

"Yes." 

"No." 

"Yes." 

"No," he said, biting my neck gently. 

I laughed, smacking his arm and he stopped. 

He lifted his head to look up at me. He was pretty much lying on top of me and even with the weight, I didn't mind. His hair was incredibly messy, falling over his eyes slightly while he stared at me, his lips mere inches from mine. 

"What?" I asked, smiling softly. 

He didn't say anything, just quickly pressed his lips to mine. We weren't making out, he just had his lips against mine for a minute. He pulled back and looked back at me. 

I smiled, starting to giggle for absolutely no reason. 

He smiled, starting to peck my lips again and again. 

"Stop," I laughed against his lips before grabbing his face in my hands, holding him away from me. "Let me use the bathroom, I'll come back afterward," I nodded. 

He sighed in defeat, kissing me shortly before climbing off of me. I went into my room, brushing my teeth and washing my face before I tied up my hair in a low ponytail and then thought I would just get ready and then go into his room. So I opened my closet and began looking for clothes for the day. I shuffled through the closet, trying to find one of my favorite sundresses when I felt an arm going around behind my waist and me being pulled away from the closet. I smiled, turning around to face him. 

"Liar," he mumbled. "I didn't agree to you getting ready, just to freshen up," he said, his lips collapsing on mine. 

I smiled into the kiss before pecking his lips back and then pulling away. "I can't stay in your shirt for the whole day," I whispered. 

"Of course you can," he pouted. 

"No, I can't," I sighed. 

"And why is that?" he asked, pulling me closer. 

"Because we leave in an hour for Cherie. Dresses need to be designed," I laughed. 

He sighed, rolling his eyes. "The princesses and their stupid dresses," he groaned. 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

I laughed, "Lift your arm." 

And Mila obeyed. 

I was re-taking her measurements while my mother was discussing designs for the princesses with them. "So, when is he coming?" I whispered. 

"Tomorrow," she smiled to herself while I noted down the measurements of her armhole. 

"I can only imagine how excited you are," I grinned at her while measuring the length of her arms. 

"You have no idea," she chuckled. 

"I'm excited to kiss him more than anything." 

I chuckled in amusement, measuring her waist, the only part left. I noted down the measurement. "All done." 

"Thank you," she made an exaggerated courtesy before walking away to where my mother was currently talking to Candace. 

I rolled up the measuring tape because she was the last one, and then tucked it away in a drawer. I sat down in the chair, opening the bottom drawer and taking out the diary. I noted all the measurements on a notepad and now had to enter them into the journal which is what my mother uses when she's stitching. 

When I looked up, I could see Archer looking at all the fabric samples that were pinned on the board in the corner of the room. I left the journal where it was and then stood up, making my way over to him. I stood behind him, going on my toes to whisper in his ear. "Hi." 

He jumped, getting startled before spinning to me. 

"What are you doing?" I laughed, looking at all the samples. 

"Trying to picture you in all of these and different colors," he answered, turning his attention back to the board. 

"Why?" I frowned in confusion. 

"I'm trying to guess what you would wear for the ball, ceremony, party, whatever," he said, rolling his eyes. 

"You should probably only try guessing the color, how well do you know materials?" I asked while starting to pull out the materials the princesses requested to see. 

"You'd be surprised. My mother shops an awful lot and I'm often playing delivery boy," he snorted. 

I chuckled, putting the thumbtacks back on the board. "Then keep guessing, maybe I'll surprise you," I whispered in his ear before turning around and walking to my mother and the ladies. I put the samples down on the small, round, marble coffee table that was white and rose gold that we spent a little too much money on. I splayed them out, kneeling by the table since all the seats were occupied. 

The girls kept asking for one or the other material, I kept handing them and explaining designs that could be made with them and they kept either saying yes or no. 

I sighed in utter exhaustion. It's the same samples circulating the table for the past hour, how many questions can you possibly ask about the same thing? 

My mother groaned, putting her head in her hands. "Break! We're taking a break!" she announced. 

I burst out laughing, leaving the samples and then going into the back room with my mother. 

"What on earth is happening?" she asked, looking at me incredulously. "You have been living with them?

I nodded, biting back a laugh and biting down on my smile instead. 

"I have never seen a group of girls so indecisive before. Is it really that hard to choose a material for the first dress? They all are discussing what to wear for the selection ball, where his fiance will be announced! Do they realize there is an introduction ball happening first?" she groaned again, letting her bun down and then re-tying it in frustration. "There are only two girls out there that are remotely sane. Caroline and Mila. Bless them," she mumbled while sitting in her chair with the sewing machine. 

"We're getting paid a hefty amount. I'm sure we can handle them," I shrugged. 

"I'm not even thinking about the payment, darling. I'm just getting stressed," she sighed. 

"Well don't," I chuckled, kneeling beside her chair. "We can do this. It only happens once every generation in the royal family. It'll never happen again. Those princesses will never come here again and Archer will never be getting married again. Let's just help them, all right?" I chuckled softly. 

"It seems pointless to me. Everybody knows he will marry you, why don't I just stitch you a lovely dress?" she moped. 

I smiled, patting her hand as I stood up. "Come on now, don't be biased," I laughed. 

"I have a very beautiful idea for your dress, darling. Will you hear it?" she asked hopefully. 

I was about to say yes and hear it out but stopped. "No," I shook my head, making her frown. "I trust you, why don't you just stitch it for me and I'll wear it?" 

She looked at me very surprised. "Well dear, what if you don't like it? It has to be a perfect match." 

"It will be a perfect match, don't you worry. You know me better than anyone," I laughed. "I know you'll make the perfect dress. Now come on, we have princesses to attend to."

.

.

.

.

.

Chapter 39

take a guess at what her dress is going to look like, I already have the image saved, let's see how accurate your guys' guesses will be

next chapter: proposal

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

201 66 16
Adira Rajput is a good girl. Or so everyone believes. The Princess of Udaipur, the most famous singer and songwriter in the world, was anything b...
570 12 55
Aleah has been told all her life that she is worthless and weak by her older sister, Amora. But, when Aleah finds out that she is going to be betroth...
6.1K 106 36
A spoiled elvish princess in love with a lowly soldier. Unfortunately (well, fortunately. But don't tell her that) she will come to realize her life...
1.3M 44.4K 35
Hate surrounded us. Why wouldn't it after everything that happened in the past? Rhys Archer had already ruined my life once, and he was about to do...