Blood and Steel

By Borisdeep69

Vorgen Galahad. A knight who is a member of the order of the Black Priors. Knights who are not bound to the c... More

Part 1 "On the Job"
Part 2 "Assignment"
Part 3 "Hard Water"
Part 4 "Brawl"
Part 5 "Just My Luck"
Part 6 "Home sweet home"
Part 7 "Farewell"
Part 8 "Warlords and Cowards"
Part 9 "Fishy"
Part 10 "And Stay Out!"
Part 11 "YOU'RE BANNED"
Part 12 "Be kind to him"
Character BIO
Part 13 "Finding a Fugitive"
Part 14 "The kid"
Part 15 "Freedom"
Part 16 "The Blackstone Legion"
Part 17 "Animal"
Part 18 "A Man Can Dream"
Part 19 "The Scouts"
Part 20 "Valkenheim in winter"
Part 21 "Love?"
Part 22 "Drunk"
Part 23 "Wolves Among Sheep"
Part 24 "The Rabid Wolf"
Part 25 "Sacrifice"
Part 27 "The Ritual"
Part 28 "A Familiar Face"
Part 29 "Back to The Roots"
Part 30 "The Dream"
Part 31 "The Cycle of Violence"
Part 32 "Raiding The Raiders"
CHARACTER BIO : UPDATED
Part 33 "Life Goes On"
Part 34 "Family"
Part 35 "Old Wounds"
Part 36 "The Angel of Death"
Part 37 "Memories"
Part 38 "Arrival"
Part 39 "Oh Cousin"
Part 40 "Family Reunion"
Part 41 "Wolf and Meat"
Part 42 "Just a Stranger"
Part 43 "Late Night Conversation"
Part 44 "Lunacy"
Part 45 "The Shady man"
Part 46 "Flowers"
Part 47 "Confrontation"
Part 48 "Cursed"
Part 49 "Dead Man Walking"
Part 50 "End up in Smoke"
Part 51 "Scarred"
Part 52 "Wounds of The Past"
Part 53 "Red Stains"
Part 54 "Knife to The Gut"
Part 55 "A Friendly Face"
Part 56 "Chivalry"
Part 57 "A White Lie"
Part 58 "Knowledge"
Part 59 "Unexpected Effects"
Part 60 "Father Dearest"
Part 61 "Just Have To say It"

Part 26 "Something to Remember Me by"

597 22 25
By Borisdeep69

Ashfeld, Town of Lunaris, Market

Vorgen: ".......hmmm"

Lorderius: "You still aren't sure with that?"

Vorgen: "Naaah this one's good. But.... I'm looking for something different."

Merchant: "Could you please elaborate, sir?"

Vorgen: "I'm looking for something.... You know.....more special....unique..... Magical... Beautiful and shit"

Lorderius: "Pffftt.... Magical?! Bwahahaha!! I didn't know you were such a romantic person bwahahaha!!"

Vorgen: "........Shut the fuck up...."

Lorderius: "Haha...haaaa......okay that's a no go then."

Vorgen: "They are good but none of these are what I'm looking for"

Merchant: "..... You want something different and unique?"

Vorgen: ".....uh....yeah?"

Merchant: "Go to that alley and turn left. There will be someone who have something you might be interested in. His name is Geralt. An Aquintance of mine"Said the man, pointing at a direction.

Vorgen: "........you're not actually planning to rob me right?"

Merchant: "What?! No! I'm just trying to help you here!"

Vorgen: "Bah I'm just kidding. Thank you"

Slapping the back of Lorderius helmet who was still busy giggling, Vorgen gestured to his friend to follow him.

Making their way down the dark alley, Vorgen clenched his sword tightly, not wanting to get ambushed again like last time.

After a short walk, they took a left turn and they could see a dim blue light, lighting the dark alley.

Vorgen: "This is getting kinda spooky"

Lorderius: "I know right. Hope nothing jumped out at us or some--"

???: "WELCOME!!"
Greeted a strange man, standing behind a table full of wares. On his left was a bright blue torch, explaining as to what the mysterious blue light was.

Vorgen: "Holy fuck!! .......That's the shadiest looking motherfucker i have ever seen"

Lorderius: "I second that....."

Vorgen: "Are you the man called Geralt?"

Geralt: "Yes indeed.....hehehehe"

Vorgen: "hmm.... i like your style, G!"
Said the Black prior, complementing Geralt of his choice of outfit.

Geralt: "Hehehehe, Thank you"

Vorgen: "Anyway what you sellin?"

Geralt: "I Got a selection of good things on sale, stranger. Have a look!" Said the merchant, gesturing at his wares on the table in front of him.

The table was full with many different items. Weapons, trinkets, talisman, ingredients, and a lot of strange looking objects.

Vorgen: "...Oooh.... Quite interesting"

Lorderius: "Is that.... A human toe?!"

Geralt: " Ah You have good eyes, mate. This is the toe of an elf"

Lorderius: "A what now?!"

Geralt: "If you cook this in boiling water. And drink the broth, you will live longer. A perfect ingredient for those who crave for a long lifespan."

Lorderius: ".......no....just.....no"

Vorgen: "ooooh what's this?" Asked the Black prior, taking the mysterious item.

Geralt: "That is a pump action shotgun. A Winchester M1897 to be exact"

Lorderius: "pump what? What the hell is this hideous thing? What do you even use this for? Cracking a coconut?"

Geralt: "It's a weapon, Just take aim and pull the trigger and i assure you that anyone taking a hit of this thing won't survive. Here, try loading it!"

The merchant gave Vorgen strange item. The item was a small red cylinder.

Lorderius: "The hell is that thing?"

Geralt: "Insert the ammo into th--"

*shick* *Chlak* *Chack*

He wasn't even able to finish. He was quite impressed from seeing The Black prior loading the gun swiftly without any further instructions and without mistake.

Vorgen: "Huh... Neat.."

Geralt: "..... You seem to be quite familiar with that weapon"

Vorgen: "I know..... Weird...."

Lorderius: "I'm not even surprised anymore...."

Vorgen: *Sigh* "Quite the wares you have here...... But I'm not looking for weapons or any of that weird stuff.... I'm looking for something pretty. A jewelry perhaps." Said the Black prior as he gave back the shotgun to the merchant.

Geralt: "For a woman, eh?" Said the merchant, cocking the shotgun to eject the shell, before putting it away.

Vorgen: "Yeah......"

Geralt: "Why didn't you say so. I have plenty of those hehehehe" Opening his cloak it revealed many items behind them.

He then pulled out a lot of piece of jewelry and put it on table for the Black prior to see.

Hours later

Vorgen: "Not this one...... No this... Not this eith--"

Lorderius: "Make your Choice!! Goddammit!!"

Vorgen: "Ay blyat!! You didn't have to shout at me!"

Geralt: "Still no?"

Vorgen: *Sigh* "Thank you Geralt but i don't think that what I'm searching for is here."

Geralt: "You're one tough costumer, stranger..... I like it!"

Vorgen: "Well.... Maybe I'll come again"

Geralt: "Now wait a moment, stranger. I'm saving this for the last in case this might happen....I'm sure This one will interest ya. Hehehehehe" Said the merchant, showing an item that really caught the Black prior's interest.

Vorgen: "........whoa"

Geralt: "I got a pair of these beauties. You couldn't find any of these in Heath Moor. They were made by a famous craftsman from a far land and They could be yours for a price, stranger....... So.... You interested?"

Vorgen: "Name your price..."

______________________________________________________________________________

Ashfeld, night, present day

Mordred: "I'm home...."

Said The female warden softly, to her parents. Mordred was escorted to them by a group of armored guards.

Arthur pendragon and beside him was his wife, Morgan Le fay. A king and a queen. The powerful rulers of a kingdom who reign a part of ashfeld.

The pair stared at their daughter and said nothing. But slowly, smiles could be seen on their faces. They immediately walked up to her and hugged their daughter with much love.

Arthur: "My daughter, you're finally home"

Morgan: "You look like you've gained some weight dear...." The older woman chuckled.

It was supposed to be happy reunion, yet the king and the queen found the expression on their daughter rather concerning.

The only visible expression on her face was a face devoid of emotion.

Arthur: "Good thing the front guards remembered you. It was surely quite the surprise for you to come unannounced, but it's good to see you here again."

Mordred: "Father, i-"

Arthur: "Let's talk after you have dinner. You've come at the right time. Our chef has cooked your favorite dish for today's menu"

Morgan: "Now go and get changed. We'll be waiting for you at the dining table."

The female knight weakly nodded at her father. She was then led by a servant to her room, to change and rest for a bit before joining her parents at the dining table.

Timeskip

The entire pendragon family were present. And their main attention were the fourth daughter of the Pendragon family, who just returned after her long days of being a mercenary.

Gawain: *Sobs* "Oh... Lord..."

Agravain: "What are you crying for..?"

Gawain: "These are tears of happiness, brother. The whole family is here and Our little sister *Points at Mordred* ....our little Mordred is dining with us.... Oh how I've missed this sight" Cried the eldest son.

Agravain: "..... Can someone get him a napkin?" Said the second son.

Gareth: "Let him be. He always like being dramatic..... Uh...Why aren't you touching your food, Mordred?" Asked the third daughter to her younger sister. Wondering why Mordred hadn't touched her food in the slightest.

Morgan: "It's your favorite dish, dear"

Mordred: "Pan fried fish....."

Flashback

*Sizzle* *sizzle* *crackle* *Sizzle*

Vorgen: "It's done.... Pan fried fish"
Said the Black prior as he served a plate of his cooking to the female knight.

Mordred: "I didn't know that you can cook. That explains why you have those cooking utensils and that
fire pit next to your tent."

Vorgen: "The more you know then. I only put some basic seasonings.
Salt, pepper, and some herbs so don't expect much"

Flashback ends

Mordred: ".....It is My......favorite"

Cutting the food with her knife he then stabbed it with the fork. She brought the food into her mouth. But she almost couldn't taste anything. It tasted a bit bland and bitter.

Mordred: *Whisper* "The one he made was better...."

Arthur: "...... Is there something wrong with the food?"

Gawain: *Gasps* "Is it not to your liking? Should i call the chef?!"

Mordred: "N-no........ It's.... Delicious.."

Morgan: "But you barely touched your food, Mordred dear."

Agravain: "It's pan fried fish.... Your favorite....."

Gareth: "....Are you feeling a bit sick?'

Mordred: "I just....don't feel like eating... That's all"

The table went quiet. The parents and the siblings could only stare with concern at Mordred.

Arthur: "Mordred"

Mordred: "Yes, father?"

Arthur: "Why don't you tell us about your experience out there? I heard you joined the Blackstones"

Gawain: "The Blackstones?"

Agravain: "They've gained great military power recently"

Gareth: "What's the name of their leader again? Apollyon wasn't it?

Mordred: "To hell with them... And don't ever say that name....."
She said with an angry tone. Making both her parents more concerned.

Arthur: "......I heard you made a friend there....Oh right, you did mention about that Interesting person you met. What was his name again? Varkas?"

Mordred: " Vorgen"

Arthur: "Ah yes. How was he like?"

Mordred: "He's tall..... He always wear his helmet as if it was his face......likes to cook.... And drink.... A bit weird..... A lunatic.... And a bastard."

Agravain: "Vorgen, huh?"

Gareth: "It seems like you're not fond of him"

Gawain: "So you don't like him....?Knowing that he's a bastard then That"s Good"

Arthur: "............He must be quite the individual"

Morgan: "Where is he now dear?"

Gawain: "Yeah where is he? I would like to meet this Bastard" Said Gawain, cracking his knuckles.

Mordred: "You can't...."

Gawain: "Why?"

Mordred: "He's Dead"

Arthur: ".............."

Morgan: "................"

Gareth: ".............."

Agravain: ".............."

Gawain: ".............."

The table went silent yet again. After short moment of awkward silence, Arthur tried to lighten up the mood.

Arthur: "Well... If he's that much of a degenerate then surely he's not that important.... Anyway why don't you meet William tomor--"

*SLAM*

Out of the blue, Mordred slammed her fist to the table Resulting in both the parents to almost jump out of their seat.

Mordred: "But Despite all that...he was actually a good person..... He always looked out for me.... He cared about me..... He did so many things for me..... And in the end......." *Sigh*

Arthur and his wife stared at their daughter with wide eyes, so did the siblings. Seemingly startled by the sudden burst coming from Mordred.

Mordred: "Sorry....i don't think I have the appetite right now...I'm going to my room... "

Gawain: "I'll come with--"

Mordred: "Alone"
Said the knight, as she left her family and head to her room.

Gawain: ".......does she hate me now? "

Agravain: "I wouldn't be surprised if she did"

Arthur: "Agravain.....Don't bully your brother."

Gareth: "I'll try to speak to her"

Agravain: "I don't think that's wise, sister."

Morgan: "She needs some time"

______________________________________________________________________________

As Mordred entered her room, she immediately shut the door. Leaning her back to it, she slowly slumped down.

The room was dark with no source of lighting. Mordred sighed as she stood up and head to a window.

Opening the curtain, it let the moon shine through. Lighting the room with soft bright moonlight.

She then looked at a small box that was on a table in front of her. Bringing a chair while Walking up to it, she picked it up and observed it as she sat down.

The box was made of wood, decorated and tied with a piece of red ribbon.

Unwinding the ribbon, Mordred opened the box, revealing a beautiful emerald necklace.

Taking the necklace in her hand, She stared at how beautiful the piece of jewelry was. As she inspected it further on, she realized that it was not actually just a piece of necklace.

It was a locket music box.

She realized this and carefully tried to open it. As the locket was opened, a piece of music started and filled the quiet room with a soothing melody.

Looking at the insides of the box again, she noticed there was a piece of folded paper.

Taking the letter in her hand he then opened it. Inside it was, the last handwriting of the Lunatic....Vorgen Galahad.

Hey, Mordred.

If you're reading this then we might not be able to see each other as much as before or perhaps never..... My order would like to have me back and to be honest, i don't feel like going back. But hell what can you do, a job is a job especially when it's direct order from the higher ups.

And so i would like to give you something to remember me by. Hope you like the present. I bought it because it really reminded me of your eyes. Green and bright.

You don't have to wear it. I Know it may cause a bit of misunderstanding, accepting such a thing from another man especially when you already have that fiance of yours. Oh what am i saying it's not fiance, it's Your "future husband". Well Just think of my present as a wedding gift from me.

Hope you're happy with him. And I'm not being sarcastic. I truly mean it. I'm happy for you. You're getting married, who would've thought.

And lastly I'm sorry for being harsh at you all this time. You're a good woman, Mordred. Take care of yourself out there.

Sincerely, Vorgen Galahad.

Mordred: "....Heh.... Bloody bastard.... What are you apologizing for..... I'm the one..... Who.... *Sigh* God... God damn it all..."

Unable to contain her sadness. Tears managed to escape her eyes and started streaming down her cheeks, dripping down on the frail piece of letter.

She tried to supress the urge to cry but it only got worse.

In the end she spent the entire night, Crying and blaming herself. Regretting every choice she had made to this day that resulted in the death of A good friend. A good person. Someone who truly loved her.

TO BE CONTINUED

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 15.2K 54
This story will be a historical one, old tale story where a King rule a Kingdom. Tae is a king who ruled Talsnia, he has a son but not a queen becau...
156 1 33
he is her knight in shining armor. knight is not soft, gentleman towards other people....... but for her he is killingly handsome and charming, he i...
260 38 15
Just a random story that I made for fun...... yeah... and it finished... A story about a knight name Valiente de Fuer with high loyalty to serve...
25.9K 573 23
The story of a Warden. A Warden who tried to live his life the best he could. Memories of his childhood still linger, but his duties to his people ke...