Tony Stark's Brother | Marvel

By StarkRed00

"To be or not to be, that is the question" For Daniel, he preferred people knowing who he was. He loved... More

France
Mission Impossible
Run, Run Away
Merde
Hello, Brother
Not So Happy Reunion
New York, New York
Why'd You Only Call Me When You're High?
Born To Be Wild
The Great Pretender
That's Life
Feeling Good
Ain't that a Shame
Can't Take My Eyes Off of You
Respect
Hold Up
Ghost from the Past
Plotting
As It Was
Improvising

D is for Dangerous

1K 24 6
By StarkRed00

"Alright, you have taken: Adderall, Cannabis, Heroin, Cocaine, Meth, LSD, Oxycodone, Mescaline Metamine, Opioids, Ecstasy, DMT, PCP..." Bruce listed off as he read the list of drugs on the paper. Tony wanted a list of all the drugs that Dan has taken the last 5 years. Dan didn't really remember all the substances he had taken over the years. There has been many times where he was handed something, without knowing what it was, and taking it.Those are just a few that he has tried more than once. Considering that Bruce is a doctor, Tony directed Daniel towards him. It was alright. Bruce did not seem overbearing, nor judged him. He took the task and looked at the facts before him.

Dan sat before Bruce in his lab in a wheelie chair. He spun around in a circle as he listened to Bruce list off all the things he had put into his body. "I didn't add nicotine or alcohol, because they are just basic compared to the others", Dan chuckled as he stopped to look at Bruce. He grabbed the arms of the chair to steady himself. It may have been a bad idea to spin around. He felt his brain shaking in his head, not the fun type. The doctor just looks astonished by everything on the list. His eyes were wide, taken back. He took off his glasses and rubbed his eyes. He was leaned against his desk with the file before him.

"Wow. I'm surprised you're still alive"

"Me too. I would have thought I'd be dead by now", Dan shrugged. Truly, he was surprised that he has been alive this long. He never imagined reaching this age of 33. It has been crazy, truly. He always thought that he would die by an overdose or by getting killed by someone. Nothing like that has happened, yet. Well, nothing that has resulted in death. He really doesn't have a lot of friends. Enemies are far easier to make than friends. It was also way more fun.  It made life interesting, not boring. 

Bruce gave Daniel a physical to determine his health. It is a surprise that he is still standing. The man is skinny, unhealthy so . Sleeping has been lacking. The only full night of sleep was before the heist. Usually, he either drinks or takes something to stay up. Sleeping would be less than eight hours per week. Food isn't something that catches his interest. At times, he forgets to eat. Usually, Mozzie is the one that remembers him to eat. However, it seems that Tony will take control of that. How fun.

"Look, I know I am not healthy-"

"Yeah, not at all" Bruce agreed as he wrote down the data of Dan's well being. Dan sighed at his words before wheeling his way forward to get closer to Bruce, and repeated his sentence. "I know I am not healthy, but tell Tony I am fine. Really, I am. Currently, it has been 6 hours since I've used", the Stark smirked at the fact. Dan can restrain himself from using. If he wanted to, he can stop completely. He has told Tony that, and he does not want to stop. However, he has been sober a week before every heist, well he lessen the amount he used. Which, to him, was practically like being completely sober.  

Nonetheless, He was getting angsty already, his leg kept bouncing up at down. Dan's eyes were wide, trying to keep his attention on Bruce. Dan was really trying on keeping his wits. His brother has no intention on giving Dan any drugs that will keep him from detoxing. Tony has hidden the bottles of liquor on this floor. It seems that he knows what Dan was planning. All medications have vanished, all placed in a secure area. Dan couldn't find anything that could entertain him. Detox will suck, greatly. He could already feel the symptoms. He felt his veins rubbing against each-other like sandpaper, his throat running dry and a massive headache beginning to form. 

"Can't do that. Tony needs to know", Bruce said as he looked down at the documentation.

"What about HIPPA and doctor-patient confidentiality?" Daniel retorted with a huff as he stood up and walked towards the doctor. Really, he didn't want Tony to be on his ass, much less now with all this. Maybe he should have kept his mouth shut on all that he has taken. Whatever, it has already happened. Now, he just have to think about what he can do to leave the building. He may be able to run off somewhere. Dan knows some people in Manhattan, people that owe him some favors. That will come in handy. A few ideas were beginning to form as he recalled all the people that owe him. It all depends on whether they will pull through.

"Well, you aren't really my patient. Tony asked me to do this as a favor", the doctor said as he looked up at the other Stark. It was clear that Dan was not happy with this. He knows that Tony will give him shit and just pester him about what he has been doing the last 5 years. He should have made people enter without their phones when he had that party. He had a feeling that is how Tony found him. He fucked up with that. Dragging his hand down his face, he nodded. "Alright, fine. Only give him a summary about it, no details. Don't want to break the old man's heart"

The doctor only chuckled at his words. "Fine, summary. No details", Bruce agreed. Relieved with that, Dan smiled and patted Bruce on the shoulder. 

"Thanks, man"

With that, Daniel began to head out of the lab. Now, what could he do? At that thought, he felt his phone vibrate in his pocket. Grimacing, he pulled out his phone to see those same initials on the message.

No hello? How rude

-NF

Clenching his  jaw in irritation, he slipped his phone into his pant pocket and headed to his room. He needs to find them. It was beginning to get on his nerve. His phone just kept buzzing and buzzing. Texts were blowing up his phone. It seems that his arrival to New York has been announced.  It will not take long before the media finds out about this as well. Ugh, that will suck. He will be back on the tabloids and people digging into his 5 year HIATUS. People will know his shit, and it will be out for the world to see.

"Son of a bitch", Dan growled as all those thoughts came to mind. He was getting pissed now. All those thoughts of his face on tabloids and gossip shows talking about him were irritating him. He could feel his heart pound against his chest at the rage that was flowing through him. He was getting more anxious, he really felt like using. The anger, anxiety and just the overall thought of people talking about him and being on the spot began to just put him on edge. His breathing had gotten heavy. Dan stopped his motions and leaned against the wall. His thoughts were getting a hold of him. Clenching his jaw and sinking his nails into the palm of his hands, Daniel tried to calm down.  His shoulder was pressed against the wall before he turned to press his back againtst it. 

He really regrets giving the baggie to Tony. 

"Are you alright, would you like me to get some help?", Daniel heard Jarvis ask. Daniel shook his head, having difficult talking right now. He slammed his fist against the wall in frustration.

Bam!

Bam!

Bam!

Daniel closed his eyes. All he could feel was the air in his lungs leaving. The way that air couldn't enter his body. It was as if all the air in the world had vanished. There was a pressure in his chest, a constricting pain that just felt like darkness. His knees buckled and he fell to the ground. All these thoughts just kept running through his head. Society seeing the worthless brother return to the face of the earth. The Stark that everyone hates and no one cares for has returned to fuck shit up. He wouldn't be able to leave the building without paparazzi on his ass. People will dig and everything will be out. Everyone will know. 

Everyone will know. 

"Hey-hey-hey!" he felt someone grab his face. Their hands were warm and soft. Daniel couldn't see them. All he saw was a blurry figure. All his focus were on those dark thoughts that were beginning to creep in. It started with one thought that birthed all these other insecurities and issues that got a hold of him. 

"Control your breathing. Listen to me", the said before they breathed loudly, trying to grab Daniel's attention. "In. Out. Do it with me" the said before they breathed loudly to instruct Daniel to do so. Slowly, Daniel got the hang of it. Daniel closed his eyes and imagined his lungs expanding as it took in the oxygen and deflating as he breathed out. That imagery continued as he breathed in and out.  He took in a few breaths before opening his eyes again to be met with no one.

Furrowing his brows, he looked around. Did he... Did he imagine that? Placing his hands on his cheeks, he could still feel the warmth of their hands on his skin. Who was it? Their voice seemed familiar. Was he going crazy now? Well, he was never sane to begin with, but being crazy wasn't something he would label himself as.

Was he beginning to lose his mind?

"Jarvis...", Daniel swallowed, " was there anyone here with me a second ago?"

"No, sir. You didn't want me to get anyone"

A shuttering breath escaped him before nodding. Using the wall, he pushed himself off the ground.

What the fuck?
Did I imagine it? I must have. None is here, but who was it?

So many thoughts ran through his head as he made his way to his room. He couldn't exactly walk on his own, so he used the wall to support himself. He didn't think his feet could handle his full weight right now. He was still freaking out over what just happened .

Should I tell Bruce? Nah, I'm good. No need to worry anyone anymore than I have. Doubt it will happen again. It is a one time thing.

Entering his room, he staggered inside. He managed to get a hold of his desk, which was close to the door. He felt sick. The thoughts of being  on tabloids again and seeing something, someone, that wasn't there had began go unsettle him. The overall of what has happened less than five minutes ago had turned his stomach.

Covering his hand over his mouth, he pushed himself to the bathroom. He landed on his knees and opened the lid of the toilet to get rid of the contents in his stomach. He heaved onto the toilet, gasping and gagging. Having a tight hold on the rim of the toilet, he tried to stabilize himself.

Closing his eyes, not wanting to see the creation of his below, he flushed the toilet. The scent still lingered in the air. It made him want to throw up again. However, he didn't.

Taking deep breaths, he was able to calm himself down again. With a deep breath, he wiped his mouth with the sleeve of his blazer. Sighing, he moved to the sink to rinse his mouth. He glanced at himself at the mirror briefly, and he hated what he saw. Sneering at the sight of him, he began to take off his blazer and dumped it on the bathroom floor before going to his room again.

He rolled the sleeves of his shirt up to his elbows. He hated this part, the detoxing. It was hell.

He felt hot, but he knew that the room was below 70 degrees. He was sweaty, jittery and tired. He didn't want to sleep. Too much time is wasted sleeping. There are so many things that can be done during that time. Maybe he could find the training room. There had to be one since "Earth's Mightiest Heroes" live here. Running his hand through his hair, messing it up while doing so, he went to his drawers. He hoped there were some clothes here.

Of course there would be. Tony had gotten everything ready for him. With a sigh, he got a white t-shirt and some black sweatpants. Why bother with suits when he isn't going anywhere. Even so, a good coat makes everything look good. So, if anything happens, a good coat is always something to have.

Once he was changed and clean, he tried to gather his thoughts. That anxiety still remained, along with fear and anguish. Pain was also part of it. The pain of going through withdrawal. These next few days will be hell. He could already feel it, but what is there to do? There is nothing he could get his hands on. It was all so frustrating. Rubbing his hand down his face while leaning back onto his bed, he began to think. How can he leave the tower. It won't be an easy task. Nonetheless, he needed to go out to the streets to get what he wants, what he needs.

Jarvis is the security system that has the most power in the building. He may need to deactivate him, but how? There would have to be a room where it is purely Jarvis system. That sounds incredibly difficult. Jarvis is smart, human-like. He will figure it out and alert Tony. He will need to get the building's blueprints to see the exits and look around the close buildings. How sturdy are the windows? He needs supplies for such and escapade. A few plans were beginning to swirl in Daniel's mind. A smirk grew on his face before he pushed himself off the bed.

Sniffling, he left the room to go wander around to find his brother. He had his hands in his pocket as he walked. Even if he looks like hell, pale and sweaty with dark circles beneath his eyes, his pride made sure not to look like he was miserable.

"Jarvis, where's big bro?" Dan asked as he ended up in the kitchen. Should he get something? Pursing his lips, he opened the pantry to see if anything will grab his attention.

"Mr.Stark is in his lab working on a personal project"

"Personal project? Huh, sounds suspicious" Daniel mused as he walked to the elevator and had Jarvis bring him to where Tony was. Tapping his foot and humming to an old James Brown song, he waited for the elevator doors to open.

The doors sliding open, he stepped forward to be met with a lot of science machines. Science really isn't something Dan is interested in. There is no fun there. Art is far more fun, more interesting.

"Anthony-yyy", Daniel called out in a singing tone in a higher pitch. He knows how much Tony hates being called that. "Come out to play-yyy", Dan grinned as he strolled into the lab in search for his brother.

A groan was heard and footsteps followed.

"Why the hell do you sound like that? And, don't call me Anthony" Tony appeared, wiping his hands on a rag as he walked towards Daniel. Great, time to see if there is something of use here to leave this place. Maybe there is a tool to use to break the window or to fly out of here. Could a suit of Tony's fit Dan? Hmm, that is something Dan is willing to find out. That would be fun. Him flying around the city, taking in the tourist sights and being able to fly from here to anywhere else in less time than a plane. While Daniel thought about his idea to escape, Tony took in Daniel's apperance. There was a slight change on Tony's face as he looked at his brother so sick. 

"Fine, Anthony", Daniel sighed before walking towards Tony and placed an arm around his shoulders. "So, watcha doin' ? What's going on in that big brain of yours?" Daniel asked as he poked Tony's temple in a playful manner. The oldest shook his head and went along with whatever Daniel was doing. It would be best to just not fight right now. It is best to just go on like things are good.

"A lot. Right now, I am working on another suit"

"Ooo, fun. Do those suits only work on you?", Daniel asked, wanting an answer to that question. It was easy for him to enter the lab. There was no password for him. He was just able to come in here. Dan wondered if it was temporary. If so, he would have to work quick. As slick as Dan likes to think of himself to be, Tony had a feeling that the question had an ulteror motive that was not for just curiousity. Rather than answering the question, Tony changed the conversation.

"When was the last time you ate or slept?", Tony asked as he slipped out of Daniel's grasp to face him directly. Tony got a good look at his brother, seeing that he wasn't doing so well. It has been a few hours since his arrival. Dan's high has worn down.

The younger Stark couldn't keep his eyes on Tony. He kept glancing around, taking note of everything. "I am not sure, but I am not hungry or tired. I feel like I can run a marathon"

Tony arched a brow and hummed, not believing him at all. "Sure, a Netflix marathon"

"C'mon, time for lunch. We are getting pizza", Tony turned Daniel to the elevator and began to guide him out. Daniel dragged his feet, not wanting to eat right now. He threw his head back and moved slowly towards the elevator. "Dan"

"I don't want to eat"

"I'll get you buffalo wings and chocolate cake"

There was a moment of silence.

"Ugh... fine"

Daniel picked up his feet as he walked towards the elevator. The doors opened and both men stepped in. Daniel got a good look at the lab, so it was alright to leave. He may start to form that plan later. For now, he will see how this "brotherly bonding" will go.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.4K 928 26
You were a holder, being able to bend and use the four elements to your will freely. You were someone who didnt like the attention though, sure you s...
15.6K 580 49
She never thought she would ever meet anyone as egotistical as her brother, but boy was she wrong. She never wanted to be in the lime light like Tony...
578K 18.9K 36
Peter never grew up with Uncle Ben and Aunt May. He grew up with HYDRA, trained and brainwashed to be even better then the Winter Soldier. He spends...
2.1K 104 22
You are Tony Starks Niece. Growing up having a superhero uncle, made superheros totally not interesting. You are the newest Avenger, but Uncle Tony d...