phobia (sequel to insomnia) |...

By felix_michelin

you can stay here. SPOILERS ABOUT INSOMNIA ARE IN THIS SUMMARY the sequel of the zombie skz book "insomnia" ... More

author's note
zone 1: thoughts
zone 2: camera
zone 3: balloon
zone 4: ambiguity
zone 5: reckless
zone 6: eyes
zone 7: monster
zone 8: different
zone 9: indefinite
zone 10: heavy-hearted
zone 11: stigma
zone 12: turnover
zone 13: tears
zone 14: moonlight
zone 15: bombs
zone 16: breach
zone 17: lightning
zone 18: kids
zone 19: diary
zone 20: sanctuary
zone 21: shy
zone 23: moon
zone 24: hyunho
zone 25: feelings
zone 26: marshmallows
zone 27: eavesdrop
zone 28: threat
zone 29: secrets
zone 30: sacrifices
zone 31: realization
zone 32: broken
zone 33: fireflies
zone 34: lucy
zone 35: heartaches
zone 36: crossed
zone 37: savage
zone 38: intruder
zone 39: uninvited
zone 40: dance
zone 41: home
zone 42: dawn

zone 22: gaze

707 52 59
By felix_michelin

a/n: heres a long ass chapter for yall since ur guys' comments on the last one made me feel bad LMAOOOO

enjoy my loves

"Yah, what are you doing just standing there! Say hello to me!!!" I hear a cheerful voice and look away from the ground to see my older sister running towards me. She looks so strong and brave. She's wearing a belt full of weapons and a gun wrapped around her body but the smile on her face is completely different from her aura. The thoughts of Hyunjin disappear when we meet eyes and I engulf myself into Sana's arms. I smile wide and begin to feel tears filling my eyes.

"I knew you were out there! I knew you were okay!" Sana whispers and I feel my heartache. I sniffled, not realizing that I was crying and Sana removed her head from my shoulder and cupped my face. "Yah, are you crying?" Sana smiles and wipes my tears.

"They're happy tears," I sniffle and smile. "I'm so happy to see you," I say and she places her head back on my shoulder. "I love you," I whisper.

"I love you too," I hear Sana's voice break a little and start to feel the tears well up again. "C'mon let me steal you into my room so we can talk," Sana pats my back and lets go of me, hooking her arm with mine.

She probably knows how uncomfortable I am with Hyunjin and his new girlfriend because she dragged me rather quickly inside to avoid Hyunjin or anyone trying to talk to me. I am glad she is okay. Being with her though made me empathize with Changbin losing Ryujin. I could never imagine losing my sister. I smiled a little although my eyes were puffy as I walked with my sister to her room.

I sit in Sana's room, comfortable with the atmosphere I am in. She sits me on her bed with the door closed behind and holds me in her arms. Jeongin was locked out of her room because Sana said this is sister talk only. I'm glad she saved me from the awkward encounter with Hyunjin. Seeing him with that pretty woman made me so angry. A type of anger I didn't know how to describe.

"If you don't want to talk about it..." Sana starts, noticing I was staring at the ground in thought. I shake my head and try to smile but it hurts to bring myself to fake it.

"No, no, tell me everything I missed," I try to say with enthusiasm although I really wouldn't want to know. Sana sighs and sits beside me, wrapping her arms around me.

"I'll tell you as much as you want to know," Sana kisses my hair and leans her head on my shoulder. "He still loves you, you know," Sana interrupts my running thoughts. My breathing hitched and I looked down at my hands. "We all thought you were dead."

"I know, it's like a common trend now," I sadly joke and frown a little. "How do you know he still loves me? He has a beautiful girlfriend now." I think back to them looking at each other and almost feel my puffy eyes water again. Sana combs my hair to comfort me.

"You know how cold Hyunjin is?" Sana asks me and I nod, knowing that Hyunjin hates showing his emotions and keeps to himself. "Those nights when he was really thinking about you, he would come and talk to me. He checked up on me to make sure I was alright because he also knew how much I missed you." I frown and feel a teardrop roll down my face. He really missed me and did so much to make sure Sana was okay. "We would talk about you a lot. Most of our conversations were about you. I told him how you used to talk in your sleep and when you couldn't sleep you would make warm soup in the middle of the night," Sana smiles. "He liked hearing stories about you. He wanted to get to know you more even if you weren't around or 'alive.'" I sniffle, already getting too emotional about this.

"But-" I say between my hiccups. "Now he found someone else." Just saying it makes me feel like a stake has been stabbed at my heart.

"Well, that 'someone else', saved his life a year ago," Sana sighs.

"She did?" I ask. "How?"

"Last year, Hyunjin was out alone scavenging for more ammunition when he got ambushed by a bunch of bandits. These bandits had another hostage," Sana explains. It was the girl he was with outside. "Her name is Wonyoung. She was a sweet, young girl who was smart. She helped Hyunjin escape the ambush and in return, Hyunjin saved Wonyoung from the bandits." Wow, it was like a perfect love story. I couldn't help but feel even worse despite the cute story. I feel more tears fall but I try to hold them back by shaking my head.

"She is so pretty," I whine and bury my face into Sana's pillow. Sana laughs and hits my back.

"Yah, you're prettier!"

"You're just saying that cause I'm your sister," I excuse her and hit the pillow out of jealousy. After raising my head from the bed, Hyunho pops into my mind.

"I have to tell you something," I say, which worries Sana a little.

[if I can take all this time without you,

in the end you're all I had]

I didn't leave Sana's room for a long time. We took so long catching up about Hyunho, Lucy, Hyunjin, Jaehyun, and more that we lost track of time. Yes, Jaehyun is alive. Apparently, after District 9 was attacked and Jinyoung let in the remaining survivors, some of the SM residents wanted to save the rest of the people in SMTown, including Jaehyun. I haven't seen him in so long. I wonder if he's okay.

Sana now goes out on missions which makes me so happy for her. She freaked out when she heard about Hyunho and begged me to take her back just to meet him which I agreed to.

I nervously exit Sana's room after our long conversation. Sana links arms with me to cheer me up. I meet up with Joy and Yeri which makes me feel comfortable and confident. I then met with Jeongyeon, Jihyo, Mina, Momo, Dahyun, Chaeyoung, and Tzuyu. Yuta and Taeyong got to say hello to former SM residents including Jaehyun and got a tour around The Sanctuary. We reunite in the main hall where dinner is being served. Taeyong notices I've been crying and immediately checks on me.

"Why is your face puffy?" Taeyong asks in a concerned tone.

"Stop, don't make her cry again," Joy hits Taeyong's shoulder.

"I'm glad you guys were taking care of my sister, thank you," Sana says and they both smile and nod. I notice Jaehyun is beside Yuta and tries not to freak out.

"Should we leave you two alone?" Yeri whispers in my ear and I nod, knowing that I have to talk to Jaehyun sooner or later. Out of the corner of my eye, I notice Hyunjin with Jeongin, Changbin, and Jisung as they catch up. "Okay, time to go get some food before it's all gone!" Yeri announces and rushes all of our friends out towards the food bar. I giggle softly as does Jaehyun. I try to avoid eye contact, knowing that I can't fully look at him yet.

"I thought you died," we both say at the same time and start laughing. Our laughter lightens the mood of the conversation, making it less awkward.

"You're the one who got shot in the stomach," I remark.

"Actually it was right above my hip area so none of my vital organs were affected," Jaehyun responds back, making me smile. I missed talking to him like this. I used to always talk to him about anything back at SM Town.

"The rest of us are back at our camp. We're going back tonight to get them," I tell Jaehyun who nods.

"Yeah, Taeyong said I can come along," Jaehyun says and notices my sudden, surprised facial expression. "If that's okay with you," I smile again, remembering how much of a gentleman Jaehyun is.

"Of course it is," I say and look at where his bullet wound. I remember looking at him in Taeyeon's office and begging for him to stay alive. Jaehyun looks down after realizing what I'm looking at. "Does it still hurt?" I ask the most stupid question.

"I mean, if you really hit me there yeah," Jaehyun says. "You know I was in a coma for 6 months!"

"Oh, really! What were you dreaming about?" I ask, curiously. Jaehyun smirks and shrugs, teasing my imagination. "Hey!" I poke his stomach which makes Jaehyun wince dramatically, holding his bullet wound.

"Oh! She hurt me," Jaehyun exclaims, making people stare. I look around and notice Hyunjin watching us intently.

"Stop!" I whine and Jaehyun laughs.

"Did you say hi to Lucy yet?" Jaehyun asks. I nod silently, remembering that I told Jaehyun all about her.

"She still doesn't know," I say in a low voice and frown a little.

"It's okay, when it's the right time, she will know," Jaehyun tries to cheer me up.

"Yeah," I nod and then glance back at Hyunjin who is gone from his spot where Changbin, Jisung, and Jeongin are. I look around vigorously from my spot where Jaehyun and I are talking but I don't see him at all.

"Looking for someone?" Jaehyun asks but I think he already knows who I'm looking for. I frown and nod. Jaehyun nods, having a disappointed look on his face.

"Tooth fairy!" I hear Lucy and watch her speedrun over her, shocking me.

"Woah, you're so fast," I say in my baby voice I talk to Hyunho with. I bend down and smile.

"Are you going to be staying here or will you leave again?" Lucy sounds a little sad as she says the last part of her sentence.

"Lucy!" Yeji runs after her and picks her up into her arms as if she wasn't supposed to come over here. "I told you not to run off and to call her Hana, not the tooth fairy," Yeji disciplines her. "Sorry."

"No, it's okay," I smile but feel a sense of distraught as I look at Lucy. "I'll hopefully stay this time," Lucy smiles at my answer and claps her hands.

"Hana," Sana taps on my shoulder, "Taeyong and Yuta are loading up now, you ready?" I look back at Yeji and Lucy. I smile and nod.

We meet a truck and a small black van outside in the front where Taeyong, Yuta, Joy, and Yeri are. Sana and Jaehyun walk me outside. I wonder why the black van is also on but assume that it is just cause we can't fit everyone in the truck. That is until Felix, Changbin, Jisung, Jeongin, and... Hyunjin shows up beside the car.

"Why is there a whole party coming with us?" Yuta asks in an annoyed tone. I smile a little as Taeyong hits him to stop being rude.

"I can't believe you didn't say hi to me," Felix frowns and walks over to me confidently. I smile guiltily and embrace him tightly. He smiles and hugs me back. "I knew you were still alive."

"That's a first," I joke. "Everyone today thought I wasn't. Where were you?"

"I was on a solo mission and actually just got back when I found out YOU were here," Felix lets go of me and ruffles my hair. "I thought I was being lied to since Jisung told me but then I saw Changbin."

"Did you cry?" I pout when he mentions Changbin, noticing Felix's puffy eyes.

"No, I'm not weird," Felix scoffs and rolls his eyes. I giggle and notice Hyunjin again behind him. I feel awkward again and look at Sana who is walking over to him now to probably yell at him for not saying hi to me.

"WE SHOULD GO!" I try to stop her from approaching poor Hyunjin and clap my hands. "We're losing daylight!" I run over to Sana and pull her towards the truck.

Now that Hyunjin is coming with us, that means I have less time to procrastinate on introducing him to Hyunho. How will he react?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

24.7K 702 44
"But they are my kids" "No they are my kids. I have raised them for the last five years by myself while you left and became a idol, all they hav...
300K 11.4K 74
you can't sleep at night. you can't sleep regularly when something is always on your mind. and its worse because you live in a zombie apocalypse whic...
947K 26.5K 56
hyunjin x fem reader Y/N thought that everything she seen on TV was real; that the way the idols act on screen and off screen was the same. But when...
21.6K 718 35
Skz has been around since 2019 and you a 23 year old one day decided to go to JYP Entertainment to audition to debut in the new group NMIXX. You were...