Duel Magic

By DragonsFairy

(Yami Yugi/AtemXOC and YugiXOC Love Story) ( Under editing) (Female OC) In an orphanage in America, there liv... More

The Beginning
New Family
Finally Home!
New Friends?
New School
Fire!
The Past is Present
Let's Dance!
Something New!
Let's Get This Started!
The Egyptian God Cards!
Friends Till The End Part 2
Let the Finals Begin!
Ryou VS Yugi
The Second and Third Duel
The Last Three Duels!
Virtual Duel!
Cold Judge
Virtual Mess!
Semi-Finals Part 1
Semi-Finals Part 2
Finals! Random Time With All!
New Evil Is Here! New Power?
Where is Pegasus?
Rebecca and the Professor
The Loss Of Yugi
Yugi Vs. Yami, Forget the Past
Fighting for a Friend
Monsters, Dartz, and the Truth
Yugi's Back, World is Safe
New Tournament! My Yugi!
First Round
My Yugi! Not Yours!
Stop Trying To Steal My Boyfriend!
CHEATER!
The End Begins!
Back To The Past! Lets Go!
Bakura's Attack!
Nearing the End?
To little To Late
The Dark One Cometh Part 1
The Dark One Cometh Part 2
In the Name of the Pharaoh
The Final Journey
The Final Duel Part 1
The Final Duel Part 2
The Final Duel Part 3
The Final Duel Part 4
Epilogue
Author Note

Friends Till The End Part 1

1.2K 27 2
By DragonsFairy

Episode(s): 74 – 76

At the docks, Marik stood with his followers.

"Everything is in place. Kaiba and little Yugi should be arriving momentarily with the hopeless plan of rescuing you two. However, with both of you as my mind slaves, they'll have no choice but to play by my rules. Their Egyptian God cards and Yugi's puzzle will be mine for the taking," said Marik as he walked toward his final destination, holding Lilly's hand, and having Joey walk behind them. "And soon, I'll rule the whole world! Isn't that right, my Queen?"

Lilly continued to walk with him, her eyes glazed over. What no one noticed was her bracelet, lightly glowing. Marik just smirked and looked forward.

"Master Marik, I beg your pardon," said a man as he kneeled near Marik. The man wore the normal outfit of the Rare Hunters, but what was noticeable was that half his face was covered by a tattoo.

"What now?" asked Marik in annoyance as he stopped walking, causing the other two to stop as well.

"As you requested, sir, I've secured 12 Locator Cards for the Battle City Finals."

"Excellent, Odion. You've done well. Now we both qualify to participate in the finals. If we need to. Hopefully, that won't be required, in which case you've wasted a great deal of time," said Marik with a chuckle. "But hand them over anyway. Entering the finals may be necessary if today's plans fails."

"It's a privilege to serve you," said the man, now known as Odion.

"I always have a backup plan to ensure that I get what I want. But today's setup seems foolproof. Now hand my servant the deck we've prepared for him, Odion."

"Yes, Master."

"When Yugi is forced to battle against his brainwashed best friend, he's sure to lose it all!" laughed Marik as Joey took the new deck from Odion.

"Replacing his pathetic deck with an unstoppable assortment of extremely rare magic cards was an excellent idea, Master Marik."

"This is my most ingenious scheme yet. I took the things that mean the most to Yugi – his friends and Queen."

"Brilliant plan, Master."

"I know. Now, come and find me, Little Yugi, for the last duel you'll ever fight!" yelled Marik up into the sky.

~Sometime Later~

Yami, Seto, and the younger Kaiba boys finally reached the shipping docks that the younger Kaiba boys had escaped from earlier, they noticed Joey standing not too far away. Landing the chopper, they got out and began to walk toward him.

"Welcome," said Joey in a distorted voice.

"Joey!" yelled Yami in shock.

"Not exactly. Joey is not present. He's gone away," he said with a smirk.

"It's Marik!" said Yami in anger as he glared.

"That's correct. And if you want your friend and your Queen back, you will listen to me."

"What's going on?" asked Lance in confusion.

"That sure doesn't sound like Joey," said Mokuba, just as confused. James nodded.

"It must be one of Marik's tricks," said Seto in an uncaring voice.

"Listen, Joey, you've got to be in there!" said Yami.

"It's pointless. Now, you listen, Yugi, we are playing by my regulations. I'll release your pathetic friend and, maybe, your Queen once I get what I want. Of course, since I want your puzzle and Egyptian God Card, there's only one way to do this. You and I are going to duel!" said Joey/ Marik.

"You're insane!" he said back.

"Refuse and your friends are mine forever!"

"Release Joey from your control, Marik!"

"What's going on, bro?" asked a confused James.

"And where is Lilly?" asked Lance.

"Well, it appears that his Marik was somehow able to turn Joey Wheeler against Yugi. As for Lilly, she better not be harmed or I'm going to murder someone. Preferably Joey, but anyone would do, really," said Seto in a calm voice as he glared at Joey.

"Joey, I know you can hear me. Your mind is under the control of Marik and you must break free. Understand?" said Yami as he glared. "The same Marik you vowed to help me crush. Think, Joey! You've got to remember your promise to me when you gave me your Red-Eyes. Marik couldn't defeat me in a duel, so he decided to turn you against me in order to win my Puzzle and my Egyptian God card. Joey, I know you're in there, and I'm going to set you free. Marik's power is feeble compared to the strength of our friendship. Please, say something, Joey. Joey!"

"You'll never set him free unless you follow me, Yugi," he said as he started to walk away.

"Joey, wait!" yelled out Yami.

"Yugi! You better do exactly as I say!" said a voice. They all turned around to see Lilly walking down the steps.

"Hikari!" said Seto.

"She's not here right now, but I'll be glad to take a message. I have your Queen now! What to do? What to do?" she said while she continued to walk by them, the boys all staring in shock. Joey moved away while everyone was distracted.

"Marik, leave her alone! She's done nothing to you!" yelled Yami in anger.

"Oh? But she has! You see, she stole my heart, so I decided to steal her!" Lilly/Marik laughed. Seto and Yami glared.

"I don't know what is going on, but you better let my sister go, now!" yelled Seto in anger.

"But I like having her, here, with me," laughed Lilly/Marik. Yami and Seto were about to say something else when they stopped in shock. A tear was making its way down the left side of Lilly's face.

'Could she be aware of what's going on around her?' wondered Yami in shock.

'I'm going to kill this bastered for making her cry!' thought Seto in shock/anger.

Lilly walked until she got to a pier in the shape o a square. Joey was already on one side.

"Welcome to my very special dueling arena. Look around you. Should you accept, you'll be battling against your best friend in a duel like none you've ever experienced for the highest stakes imaginable!" she said with a smirk, tears falling from her eyes.

"All right. Let's duel," said Yami as he walked into place. "If it means saving my friends.

"Let's begin," said Lilly as she put a shackle on him that led to the anker. "If you lose, you die simple as that. If you win then the box at your feet will open and a key would be there to unlock your shackles."

"So, you know, you'll have thirty seconds to unlock your shackles before the anchor drops," said Joey/Marik as Lilly started to walk away.

"Will you let them go if I win?" he asked.

"You'll have to fish Joey out of the sea first and don't think I forgot about your Queen. I'll get to her in a minute. If no one wins in an hour, the anchor will drop and send both of you plummeting to the sea," said Joey/Marik.

"And you won't win. Before this is over, I will have your puzzle and you Egyptian God card. Hehehe!" said Lilly/Marik from where she sat on a chair. She was strapped in by the wrists and ankles.

"You're not going to get away with any of this, Marik!" said Yami.

"And Seto Kaiba, don't think you're only a spectator in all this. After I'm done with Yugi and his friends, I'm setting my sites on your Egyptian God Card."

"You have to stop this!" said Mokuba.

"I demand this duel to stop!" said Seto.

"Sorry, but this duel will go as planned!" said Lilly/Marik as a crane started to roll near them. "And speaking of plans, this is the final peace of my plan!" The crane came and held a crate over her head. "I've taken extra masseurs to make sure no one interferers. So, don't try. If you do, the create hanging over my head will fall. You wouldn't put poor Lilly in danger, would you?"

"Make one false move and I'll push the button. Releasing the crate above the girls head," said a Rare Hunter.

"I can't stop this duel," said Seto in frustration.

"Now that everything seems to be in place and everyone is familiar with all the rules, why don't we start the show? Oh wait. I wouldn't want the Queen to miss this," she said as he let go of his control of her. She slumped forward and started to groan.

"Lilly!" yelled Yami and Seto.

"Let me out of here!" she said as she tried to get up.

"Now, then, there's one last matter. Yugi, your Egyptian God card is off limits. So, if you were planning on using it against me, you're out of luck. Now remove the card from your deck so I may claim it when I win," said Joey/ Marik.

"As you wish, Marik," said Yami as he took off his belt to remove the card.

"Now place Slifer on the ground, Yugi," said Joey/Marik. Yugi threw the case to the side. "So, whoever wins will retrieve that card while the loser goes swimming.

"I think it's finally time to begin this duel. Are you ready to duel, Yugi?"

"I am. Let's do this."

"Prepare to lose, fool."

"It's time to duel!"

"Yugi, you draw the first card. It's the beginning of the end for you. What's the problem, Yugi? Are you too frightened to play a card?"

"I don't think so, Marik. I summon Gazelle, The King of Mythical Beasts. That ends my turn.

"Very well. Yugi, say goodbye to your Gazelle, for I play Raigeki, which destroys it. And now I summon Alligator's Sword. Attack his life points directly. Ha ha! Surrender yet? Or do you want more? I hope you're not going easy on me because we're old friends, Yugi. You'll be sorry."

"We're not friends, Marik. I play Big Shield Gardna, right now, in defense mode."

"So, you think that's enough to protect your life points, Yugi? So naïve. I play my Hinotama magic card. Now watch closely as its power blasts away your life points."

"Yugi!" yelled Lilly in shock as she struggled to get free. 'I need to get out of here. I'm not a damsel in distress! I refuse to be.'

"Time is running out, Yugi," said Marik in a condescending voice.

"It's my move!" said Yami as he drew a card.

"Stop this! Please!" she yelled.

"Sis, a guy named Marik brainwashed Joey and forced him into a duel!" said Mokuba.

"What!"

"Hey! Shut the fuck up, girl, or you're dead!" said the Rare Hunter.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Try me."

"Big brother, stop them, please!"

"We can't or they'll kill you," said Seto sounding pissed.

"Let's go, Yugi. Time is of the essence, and stalling's not an option. You know that as well as I do. So, make your move now!" said Joey/Marik with a smirk.

"I place this card face down, and then I shall summon my Kuriboh in attack mode and end my turn," said Yami as he played his cards.

"Are you play some sort of a joke?" asked an angered Joey/Marik. "Kuriboh's weak! It only has 300 attack points. Why would you play it in attack mode unless you're trying to lose this duel on purpose to save your friend? All right. Very well, then. If losing is your goal, allow me to help you."

"I won't lose. Understand?" said Yami in a calm voice. I'll defeat you and free Joey from your control!"

"Wrong. I'm afraid that this time you're in over you're head, Yugi. So now, Alligator's Sword, attack his Kuriboh!"

"Hold it right there! Activate facedown card!"

"It's a trap!"

"Alligator's Sword is now caught in my Spell Binging Circle! Your monster's power has decreased, while my Kuriboh is safe and sound."

"Joey, please fight it!" yelled Lilly from where she was sitting. 'Come on Joey!'

"All right, Yugi. I've had enough of your childish games. Now it's time for me to regain control of this duel," said Joey/Marik with a smirk. "Ready? Because this worked so well last time, I'll use another one! Hinotama, attack his life points!"

"Yugi!" yelled Lilly in shock as Yami was attacked. 'Is there anyway to stop this? One of them could lose their life, and not only that, if Yami loses, then the world is doomed. If only I could get out of this! I hate being a damsel in distress. Why the hell don't I carry bobby pins or something?'

"I've attacked your life points yet again, Yugi. Ha ha ha! You're finished. As soon as I wipe out the rest, that anchor will drop, taking you with it right into the sea," said Joey/Marik with a smirk. He then turned to look at Lilly. "Worry not, my Queen, you will be safe, by my side."

"Hell no!" yelled Lilly with a glare.

"You're not going to touch my sister!" yelled Seto in frustration.

"Marik, I can assure you that you'll never get away with your plan," said an angered Yami.

"Is that so, Yugi?" scoffed Joey/Marik. "I'd say you're in no position to make threats."

"I know the real Joey is in there, and I'm going to set him free no matter what it takes!"

"Oh?"

"There's no way you'll win my puzzle or my Egyptian God card."

"Yugi, your friend is gone."

"I don't think so."

"Then make your move. Not that it matters. Neither one of your monsters is powerful enough to defeat my Alligator's Sword.

"Come on Joey! Snap out of it! We're your friends!" yelled Lilly. As the duel went on all Lilly could do was watch.

'Oh man. I hope I can get out of this soon! When I get out, I'm going to kick Marik's fucking ass!' she thought pissed. She then gasped when she saw Yami switch back to Yugi. 'What is going on?'

"Ok, Joey, it's just us now," said Yugi as he looked at his friend. "My turn, Marik."

"Remember, when time runs out, that anchor falls, so make your move," said Joey/Marik in a mocking voice, but he began to get impatient when Yugi didn't do anything. "Go! What's taking so long?"

"I play the magic card Exchange!"

"A foolish move!"

'Why would Yugi play that? Marik can now get Slifer!' thought Lilly in shock and fear.

"Look at you! You must be desperate to play a card like that. But if you insist, I'd be glad to take a card from your hand, little Yugi," said Joey/Marik with a smirk as he walked toward Yugi. "Not that I need any help. Show me your pitiful cards. Now, which card shall I take?"

'What's happening?' thought Lilly as she notices Joey/Marik stop and stare at Yugi's cards in shock.

"Playing that Exchange card was a huge mistake, little Yugi."

"Well, pick your card, Marik," said Yugi with his face turned away. "You can have anyone you want, including the Red-Eyes Black Dragon."

"Your friend is long gone. SO, I'll be taking you Red-Eyes Black Dragon."

Everyone watched as Joey seemed to fight Marik for control, refusing to take the Red-Eyes Black Dragon.

'Joey,' thought Lilly as she watched her friend struggle with himself. In the end, he managed to gain some control as to not take the card from Joey, shocking the others while Yugi cheered.

"Joey?" asked Yugi in shock.

"No, I told you, Joey has gone away. And I'm here to defeat you with my arsenal of rare magic cards, so I don't need your Red-Eyes," said an annoyed Joey/Marik.

"That's what you think! Now I get to pick one of your cards, Joey," said Yugi with a smile.

"I said, Joey is gone, and you're finished!"

"We'll see about that. You can deny it all you want, but I know my best friend is in there. And I'm gonna set him free, Marik."

"You're fooling yourself."

"I don't think so. That's why you didn't take my Red-Eyes, 'cause the real Joey is in there fighting to get out. And he gave me that Red-Eyes when he promised to help me defeat you, Marik!"

"That's enough!" said a pissed Joey/Marik.

"Admit it. As soon as he saw that card, the real Joey came through."

"What are you talking about? I'm controlling his mind!"

"Not for much longer. I know I can use this card to stop you and bring my best friend back. Just wait."

"Don't hold your breath," said Joey/Marik with a smirk. "Now let's get on with this fuel, already, so I can claim what is mine and get rid of you once and for all."

"It's still my turn, so stand back."

"Go ahead and make your pathetic move, little Yugi. There's not a card in your hand that can stop me from wiping out the rest of your life points."

"And now I sacrifice my two monsters, so I can summon this to the field. Red-Eyes Black Dragon!"

'Joey. He's breaking through! If this keeps going on, he should be able to break out of Marik's control, but will he be able to do it before time runs out?' wondered Lilly to herself as Joey seemed to be conflicted. Yugi tried to reason with him again before he used Re-Eyes to attack him.

"Joey? Are you there?" asked Yugi after the attack.

"Sorry, Yugi. Your trick didn't work," said Joey/Marik with a smirk. "I'm still in control and now it's time. I'll wipe out what's left of your life points, my little friend, and take what belongs to me."

'What, what is Yugi doing?!' thought Lilly in shock as she watched her friend take off the Millennium Puzzle. He was then attack by Joey/Marik, losing more life points.

"Brother, please do something!" called out Lilly to her brother, causing the boys to look at her.

"We have to find a way to stop this!" said James in fear.

"Without hurting big sister though!" said Lance in fear.

"I know!" said Seto in frustration.

"Listen, I'm not going to stop until my best friend is safe from harm. And I know just how to get through to him, Marik, so watch me," said Yugi as he began to walk around toward Joey/Marik.

"Too late. I'm about to send you into the sea when I summon Rocket Warrior," said Joey/Marik with a smirk.

"Wait, Joey, I know you can hear me," said a severely weakened Yugi.

"And then I'll play Attrition," said Joey/Marik, ignoring him.

"Yugi," whispered Lilly in shock as she watched Yugi walk to Joey, looking like hell. 'Yugi, if you keep pushing yourself so hard, there might be nothing for anyone to save. What good would it be if both of you die.'

Everyone watched in shock as Yugi gave the puzzle to Joey to hold. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.4K 1.3K 34
Skylar Kaiba is the daughter of the one and only Seto Kaiba, the second greatest duelist in the world of Duel Monsters. She has a dragon/warrior/spel...
8.2K 178 5
Seto Kaiba and Yami Yugi have an intimate moment during a Dueling rematch where they show each other a side none haven't seen leaving the small Dueli...
14.8K 253 7
A 15 years old girl named Yugi was sitting alone on her windowstill, rain is pouring heavily as she silently crying over her dead grandfather Solomo...
18K 509 26
Taking place after the Ceremonial Duel, Yugi Motou is having an extremely difficult time without his beloved Yami by his side. Just when he thought t...