The Missing Link

By Cennedixx

Emogen (Emh-eh-jin) or Emmy/Emma Swan, the younger sister to Isabella Swan was kept in the dark about what th... More

Chapter One: Return of the Pixie
Chapter Two: Someone Please Explain
Chapter Three: First Meeting
Chapter Five: Start Of A Puzzle
NOT A CHAPTER

Chapter Four: Returning Home

2.1K 70 8
By Cennedixx

Jane walks with me back to where the receptionist is. Bella, Alice, and Edward are all sitting tensely. Before we get within seven feet of them, Jane stops and whispers.

"I want you to look up soulmates once you're home. It should help clear up some confusion."

I scrunch my face up in confusion but nod anyway. She then presses a piece of paper into my hand. I bring it closer to my face seeing it's a phone number, email, and skype username.

"Until we can see each other in person, we can keep in contact like this"

I quirk my lip up in a half smile. "Thank you, Jane. It was nice to meet you."

She squeezes my shoulder and speeds away leaving me alone with my sister and two of the Cullen's.

"What did they want to discuss with you? "Bella asks.

I ignore her and sit down in a overly stuffed chair. What was disscussed isn't hers or any of the Cullen's bussiness.

They continue to look at me expectantly. I shake my head at them.

"It doesn't concern you. When are we leaving? Dad's probably freaking out."

Bella rolls her eyes at me. I don't know where this attitude has come from, but I don't appreciate it. Dad won't either. She's been practically a zombie for months, and now that the Cullen's are back it's as if she has taken some of their cockiness.

We sit in silence waiting for the sun to go down so we can leave. Edward, Bella, and Alice whisper to each other, while I have my sketchbook out, drawing a picture of the thrown room.

I completely ignore the other three people, lost in my own head. My hand slides across the paper, smuding and shading different parts of the scene. In particular, the shadows that where cast from the sunlight shining through the ceiling.

My hands are covered in charcoal from my pencils. I didn't know how much time had past until Bella lightly nudges me.

I look up from my nearly completed sketch and see that it is now dark out. I close my sketch book gently, sticking it back in my purse. I follow the others out of the castle.

We walk back towards where Alice left the car in silence. Seeing as Alice can see the future, I'm sure she's already planning for a new form of transportation since we all won't fit in the sports car.

Alice guides us through the city of Volterra and I can't help but take in the sights of the old Italian archetecture. The city looks as if it hasn't been changed since it was built, knowing now of the three vampire Kings that 'run' Volterra, it probably hasn't.

~~~

The further I got away from Volterra, the more the aching pull got. It's not constant, but it's there.

Sitting in a plane with two vampires and my annoying sister is not a sentence I would ever think of, but here I am Bella and Edward are right back to acting as they did before the family left. I don't understand how. If I was in her position, I would want nothing to do with him or any of them.

I once more have my sketchbook out, this time working on a rough drawing of Jane. I try to capture all the detail in her eyes. They are very expressive and hard to capture. Not having my Colored pencils with me, I leave her eyes as they are. I'll add color to them later.

As we land back at Sea-Tac, I pull out my phone and look at my calls. I see I have close to fifty missed calls from dad and as about as many voicemails. As we make our way through the terminal I listen to a few of them.

"Emma, where did you and Bella go? Both of your cars are here. Call me when you get this."

I listened to the next message with a sigh.

"Emogen Swan, where the hell are you and your sister? It's been 24 hours and I'm really starting to worry. With all the kids go missing in Seattle, now is not a good time to disappear on me!"

My eyes blur with tears hearing the fear in dad's vioice. I immediately call him. He picks up on the first ring.

"Emogen, thank god. Are you okay?"

I take a deep breath before explaining. "Alice Cullen showed up and her and Bella jetted to Italy to stop Edward from doing something stupid. " I pause trying to think about how to phrase my next sentence.

"Bella stated and I quote 'it wasn't safe for me to stay home alone' and dragged me along with them."

I can picture him pinching the bridge of his nose with a deep frown on his face. He doesn't say anything for a few seconds. I pick up my pace as I notice Alice, Edward, and Bella walking towards Esme and Carlisle.

"Are you both safe?" he finally asks.

I watch as Esme embraces Bella as Carlisle does the same to Edward. I shake my head at how easily Bella has forgiven them.

"We just landed back in Seattle, we'll be home soon. I'm so sorry daddy. I should have called you, but everything happened so fast."

Tears start to fall from my eyes. I wipe at them aggressivly. I've done a lot of crying the past few days. I hear dad sniffling on the other end of the line. It is breaks my heart knowing Bella and I are the cause.

We say our goodbyes and I make my way over to the Cullen's, who are waiting for me. The looks on Carlisle and Esme's faces are surprised. I wonder why.

"It's nice to see you again, Emogen," Carlisle says trying to to be friendly.

I shake my head and pull the strap of my bag up higher. "I wish I could say the same, but honestly, I just want to get back hom and completely forget you're all back."

He doesn't say anything, but I do see the frown that makes its way on to his perfect face.

Serves him right. Just because he's back now, doesn't mean I'm going to let everything go and forgive him. He may have answers to some of my questions, but he's going to have to earn my trust back.

Esme looks at me like a kicked her puppy, and I have to hold back a laugh. She may have acted motherly towards me, but we were never as close as her and Bella.

She's motherly at heart and I can't really blame her for following Edward's plan to leave. She did what she thought was best for her darling golden boy.

Bella sends me a glare and I shut up and go back to looking at my shoes. I've had enough of her attitude for the day.

We leave the airport and make the several hour drive back to Forks. I spend that time letting thoughts of the three vampire kings fill my mind the whole way back.

Why do I miss them so much? I only spent a few hours with them. I should not feel this attached already.

~~~

As soon as we get back home, I bolt out of Carlisle's car and into the house. Dad gets up from his recliner and pulls me into a tight hug, kissing the top of my head. I smile and breathe in the comforting scent of his cologne. I let my eyes close and just take in the sweet moment.

We're interupted by Edward clearing his throat. He holds a sleeping Bella in his arms. Dad lets go of me and stalks his way over to Edward.

"I can handle her from here. You can leave now and I don't want to see you back here."

He make a move to grab Bella from his arms. Edward doesn't budge or loosen his hold on her. I roll my eyes dramatically.

"I'll take her to her room and then I'll leave. I can tell I'm not welcomed here at the moment," Edward states.

A snort leaves my body at that. Did he really think after leaving Bella a broken mess for months, that he would easily be welcomed back by the oldest Swan?

Edward does what he said he would, leaving dad and I alone so we can talk. I lay down on the couch dramatically, earning a chuckle from dad.

"Em, what really happened in Italy?" Dad ask reverently.

What could I possibly tell him? I hate lying to him and now I'm in a position where I have to, lest he send my to a mental hospital. I never wanted to know that vampires exist and I can't tell him they do.

"Alice got word from one of the other's that Edward was going to try and kill himself. I don't know why and really don't care."

I take a moment to think about how I can explain Bella and ultimately my, involvement in this story.

"Bella said something about not letting him kill himself out of guilt. Her and Alice then devisied a plan. when I asked what she was doing she spewed all this information about being 18 and legally allowed to leave."

Dad groans and I can't help but wonder what he's thinking. This isn't the first time Bella has run off on her own because of the Cullen boy. At least this time she wasn't hurt. Or she's not for now. Who knows how long it's going to be before she has to become a vampire.

"What about you're involvement? Bella said in her note that Alice was back and that the two of them were going on a girls trip."

She didn't even mention me in the note she left, no wonder he freaked out. She's the one who kidnapped me and she didn't even let dad know I was with them, that I was safe.

"She was supposed to tell you I was with them, against my will might I add. "I take a deep calming breath. "They took me to Italy and saved Dickward from himself."

Dad snorts a laugh at my new nickname for Edward. I can't help the smile that makes it's way onto my face at the idea of Edward hearing it from my thoughts.

"I'm just glad you're safe, kiddo. As for your sister, her and I are going to have some words."

I should feel bad that Bella's more than likely going to be punished and I won't. I really don't though, she brought it upon herself. I can't blame her for everything though, because of her I did meet the adorable young woman known as Jane.

At the thought of Jane, I remember the paper with her contact information.

"I did make a friend while in Italy, her name's Jane, and she kept me company while Bella and Dickward had their reunion."

I sit up on the couch and retrieve my bag that is on the floor. I pull out my sketchbook and open it to the page I drew Jane. Holding it out to dad, he takes and wide grin makes it's way onto his mustached face.

"She's thirteen and has a twin brother. They live in a gorgeous anchient italian house. I think you would like her."

Even though he doesn't say anything, I know he's happy for me. I don't make friends easily and the fact that I made a friend so quickly would make him proud.

Suddenly, the aching in my chest flares quickly and I wince slightly at the pain. Dad doesn't notice this as far as I can tell. This has to do with the three kings, I just know it.

I yawn and start to get off the couch. When was the last time I slept?

"I'm going to bed, goodnight, dad."

I hug him and he once more places a kiss against my red locks. He holds onto me for a few extra seconds before letting go. He hands me back my sketchbook..

"Goodnight sweetheart."

~~~

I'm awoken the next morning to the sound of feet stomping up towards my room. I groan and pull the blankets over my head trying to keep the remaining feeling of sleep. From my panic attacks and the time changes and jet-lag, the last thing I wan't to do is be a wake.

"What did you tell Charlie?" Bella yells as soon as she's in my room.

Know I groan and try to ignore her. She has none of this and rips my blankets from my body, effectivly waking me up.

"Good morning to you too, Bella," I deadpan.

I sit up and pull my white cardigan on that was on the foot of my bed, I take in Bella's features. Her arms are crossed and her eyes show anger in them. I know she's trying to look tough, but really, she just looks like a spoiled brat.

"What did you tell Charlie?" She asks once more.

Dad must of had his "little" chat with her before he left for work. That would explain her sour good. I wonder what her punishment is. If must be bad if Bella is blaming me.

"I told him the truth, that you jetted acrossed the pond to save you're suicidal ex-boyfriend and forced me to go against my will. Thanks for letting dad know I was safe with you in your little note," I say with a sarcastic smile.

Bella huffs. Before I even have time to blink, she had strikes me across the face. This time I'm less shocked than the first. It would seem that she has started to resort to violence instead of talking through her problems.

"It's you're fault I'm grounded until Charlie think, I've learned my lesson. I'm not allowed to see Edward unless I'm in school!" She yells.

Cry me a river, sister. At least he's allowing you to communicate with him at all. What did she think was going to happen when she kidnapped her little sister and flew to another country? She's lucky dad didn't put a house arrest ankle monitor on her.

"Would it kill you to refer to him as dad? And how is this my fault? You're the one who did all of this, no one had a gun to your head, forcing you to kidnap me and fly to Italy."

I get out of bed and pull my messy red curls into a ponytail. Bella watches my every move. I roll my eyes. What is she expecting me to say or do?

"Why did you tell him I forced you to go? He said my punishment would have been more lenient if I hadn't taken you with me."

Alright, she wants to play that game, then I'll play. I turn a round to face her from where I was checking my face in my minion.

"You should be glad that's the only part I told him about. I could have told him how you slapped me across the face. I could have told him how Alice held my wrist and hand so tight that I have bruises. I could have told him you were willing to die so Edward could live."

I'm standing right infront of her now. My chest rising and falling quickly from my anger with her.

"But yeah, blame me for the fact that you got yourself grounded. Get out of my room!"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 27.9K 25
in which a girl with eyes filled with innocence and veins filled with power is mated to the volturi kings and their trusted guards โ€ข " butterflies ca...
114K 2.3K 12
Aurora Swan led a somewhat simple life following her mother's death. But when her older sister moves back to town, she finds herself being dragged in...
417K 10.7K 25
Sophia Rose Swan get tangled in her cousins screw up when she decides to take off to Volterra Italy to save her overly emotional ex-boyfriend. She ge...