escape | lee suho

By icyhct

๐‡๐€๐ ๐Œ๐ˆ๐๐˜๐Ž๐”๐๐† is an intelligent, sarcastic, and mysterious girl, leaving behind her problematic lif... More

[ enter ]
01
02
03
05
06

04

1.3K 73 11
By icyhct

chapter 4: breathe

suho stiffened at her question. she looked at her for any backup remarks but she simply stood and waited for a response. he turned his head back to the scenery.

"seyeon tried to call me that night. my head was too deep in thought - i didn't pick up. i took a shower and came back to a text from seojun. i ran to the location he gave me and only saw a bloody hand and our bracelet," suho's voice getting fainter by the second, "you know the rest from there. i saw you..."

minyoung felt her hands trembling as she began to fidget with the friendship bracelet on her wrist. suho's voice had been drowned out and hot tears rolled down her face when he concluded his short explanation as she began to recall her version of events.

"it's okay minyoung," seyeon smiled at the girl who fell on her knees many feet away from him. he stood at the edge of the building, back facing the city of lights. her knees had failed to work as she started to hyperventilate.

"s-seyeon, please, we care about you so much! all o-of us!" the paralyzed girl shouted, tears going down her face like crazy, "if you died, we wouldn't be able to live with it! we'll help you! we'll make sure that all the rumors are gone and that everything's fixed. suho can tell his dad-"

seyeon smiled at her as silent tears fell, "it's too late, mina. thank you for everything. even though you always loved suho, you always made sure to give me everything you could. i love you and i always will. i will forever thank you, suho, and seojun for saving me before, but now i made up my mind. thank you...."

"no! seyeon this is crazy, you have so much more to live for and i-" she tried to shout out to him with her shaky voice, but he interrupted her...

before her flashback could continue, she regained her own head and ran out. "han minyoung!" suho exclaimed, looking at her running figure and following her.

the girl didn't know where she was going. she felt her vision blur, her heart racing, and felt like she couldn't breathe. her heart was beating out of her chest as her body trembled. minyoung ran and ran through the empty hallways, and hoped she could find a bathroom. she felt like her lungs were going to fail her soon but despite that kept her pace.

seyeons face that night was ingraved in her memory. his smiled was so pained and it hurt her to see him like that. everytime it appeared in her head, she felt her throat get tighter and tighter. the panicked girl felt like she was going to pass out as she was hyperventilating and gasping for air before she felt a pair of arms wrap around her from behind.

suho held the shaking girl in his arms, resting his chin on her head. "deep breaths," he breathed with her, trying to relax her heart rate. he scoured his thoughts to remember what he used to do to calm her down before. "it's okay. you're fine. everything's gonna be alright, okay?" he told the girl soothingly which in response she nodded.

they stood there in a comfortable silence and slowly, she began to return to a normal breathing pattern and stopped crying. suho kept his arms wrapped around her, "are you okay now?"

she got out of the boy's grasp and turned to face him. minyoung had gotten back to her senses for the past few minutes he spent with his arms around her. her eyes were still puffy as she told him directly, "why do you still remember how to calm me down, i thought you could care less about me?"

suho stared at her. 'what is she saying....oh'

"mina-" he tried to call out to her as she was walking away. she turned around before she could get to far and told him,

"don't forget, lee suho, we're not friends."

she didn't want to start being friends with him again - she knew it would hurt in the end. she slipped up on the rooftop and even though she wanted to befriend him again like old time, things change.

as she continued to walk away, suho stood there, trying to process what had happened. he had wanted to figure out minyoung's reasoning of trying to get him out of her life since the day she bumped into him at the hospital.

suho had thought that when she avoided him in korea, she just needed time to heal but that wasn't the case anymore. there was a reason and he wanted to figure that out.

ayumi stood behind a wall, trying to absorb what had happened. she was there since the moment suho wrapped his arms around her new friend. the extroverted girl did not understand a word of korean they were speaking but she knew of one thing: there was something very odd that was going on between minyoung and suho. and maybe she'll find out someday.

they all went back to class and minyoung walked back looking flawless, courtesy of the makeup that hid the puffiness. all hail the makeup gods.

-

after that dreadful day at school, minyoung sat in her new office, doing simple paperwork and answering email - basically anything to make her mind busy. the office was quite stunning. the whole wall behind her modern desk was a window with a gorgeous view of the city and the room was decorated with a beige furniture, off white walls, countless plants, and minimalistic paintings.

she made sure to decorate the office according to her own style and it was beautiful to say the least. she was only there for a few hours as her schedule was quite flexible so she wanted to make the most out of it.

there was a knock on the door and minyoung looked up from her computer and said, "come in!"

a tall, short haired woman who looked middle aged walked into the office with a pile of papers in her hand and told the young heiress, "these are the teams plans to branch out to korea and china. they said that since you knew korea most, you could plan it out with the executives."

minyoung nodded at her explanation. despite being so young, she was intelligent, knowing professionalism so well that her seniors couldn't believe she was only 16. the girl had gotten to know the company well and learned very quickly through the past few weeks she had been there.

"thank you," she told the woman standing in front of her, "i'll take a look".

before she could read the papers, her phone rang. she took a look at the caller id and it said "seojun"

@han.minyoung

♡︎ Liked by @tanayumi, @lim.78semi, and 75,000 others

han.minyoung too much work for one day 😩

view all 2789 comments

-

a/n: double update!!!! HEHEH i was too excited to write this one LOL. kinda angsty but whatever! there are a bit of plot holes in the story because after writing chapter 2, i changed the whole plot (i was trying to go off the webtoon at first but i wanted to do that drama instead) i don't wanna keep updating chapters bc i feel like it bothers ppl PLS anyway.... i hope u like this chapter <3 also idk if i wrote this correctly because i personally have not experienced a panic attack so i apologize if it's a bit unrealistic (google✨)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

930K 15.9K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
2M 104K 62
โ†ณ โ [ INSANITY ] โž โ” yandere alastor x fem! reader โ”• ๐ˆ๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
146K 3.9K 47
TAEKOOK STORY TOP : JUNGKOOK BOTTOM : TAEHYUNG In this story taehyung was purchased by biggest multi billionaire jeon jungkook rude cruel Taehyun...
131K 6.3K 21
Where Lewis Hamilton goes to a cafe after a hard year and is intrigued when the owner doesn't recognise him. "Who's Hamilton?" Luca says from the ba...