The Clone Wars: One-Shots

By VanillaChip101

This used to be a fic for Tumblr prompts but I closed those a long time ago. Now, these are for one-shots tha... More

Even Stones Break
Comfy Surprises
It's Okay To Not Be Okay
Icy Jinxes
He Worries Too Much
The Student Gives Comfort
Small Reality of War
The Truth Is Hard To Tell
Distractions
Small Comforts
Take Heart
in the shadow it waits
28. sudden endings
19. pain, it has brought
with the taste of your poison paradise: prologue

Girl's Night Out

1.5K 37 37
By VanillaChip101

Tumblr prompt: "Tell me about yourself" (Padmé Amidala & Ahsoka Tano)
Requested by TheWrongJedi

Summary: Padmé and Ahsoka get to know each other. But as it is with Anakin's wife and Padawan, nothing is ever simple.

~

Ahsoka....was bored, to say the least. She finished her training, and with the clones out at 79's, she was all alone in the Jedi Temple, cooped up and attempting to find something to do. She would've gone to the bar, but she was only fourteen. And fourteen-year-olds don't go drinking alcohol. 

"We'll take you there once you're old enough kid! For now, find something to do without us!" Fives had chuckled when she asked to come along last month. 

Rex had then patted the space between her montrals and instead of stiffening as she did outside of the Teth monastery all those months ago, she stayed relaxed, knowing that he just did it to show his brotherly affection.

She would've contacted her Master, but knowing him, he probably disappeared to who knows where and wouldn't answer her calls. She scrolled through her contact list and stopped as one name in particular caught her eye: Padmé Amidala. 

She had met the senator just a few weeks ago during the Blue Shadow virus contraption and they didn't have much time to bond, trying their best to survive for Anakin. During the recovery stage, she had been whisked away to the Temple while the senator was taken elsewhere. She contemplated on making a comm call, but decided against it, pulling her hand away. 

Suddenly, her device started ringing, and whether it was just luck or a granted wish by the Force (or both), the video call displayed Padmé herself.

Ahsoka immediately clicked the answer button, and the senator's face popped up, a cheery grin adorned.

"Ahsoka! Are you free right now?"

Ahsoka's matching grin seemed to confirm Padmé's suspicions, and she anticipated the request that would be made of her. Anything was better than staying here.

"Great! Bring a coat or something, and meet me outside the Temple. See you then!"

Ahsoka technically wasn't allowed out of the Temple, but she couldn't bring herself to say no to freedom.

~

Ahsoka had asked Obi-Wan for a robe only to be handed three. According to her Grandmaster, he "didn't need that many." She could already imagine Cody's exasperated face and laughed. When he had asked where she was going, she had lied through her teeth, saying that she could be found in the barracks. He had seemed satisfied, and she had run off, feeling a bit guilty. It was overcome with eagerness as she quickly skipped down the stairs. Padmé waved from the passenger seat in her speeder and Ahsoka hopped in.

"What did you call me here for, Senator?" Ahsoka asked, curious to know what she had planned for them.

"Oh, no need to call me that. I'm just Padmé. And since I figured that I had nothing, I decided, that I wanted to know Ana—ahem, Master Skywalker's Padawan a bit more after the Blue Shadow virus incident."

Ahsoka picked up on the correction, but she didn't say anything about it as she turned toward the senator. She noted to call her Padmé from then on.

"Now get in the speeder, I have a surprise!" 

~

"So, tell me about yourself."

Ahsoka turned her gaze from the window to the ground, thinking about her answer.

"Well, you already know that I'm Skyguy's Padawan."

"Wait a minute, Skyguy? You call him Skyguy? How did that happen?" Padmé chuckled, a hand covered over her mouth in laughter.

"Yeah!" Ahsoka exclaimed, eager to tell how she got his nickname. "So basically, when I first came off the ship to meet Master Obi-Wan and Master Anakin, he was like "oh no, she's not my Padawan, I never asked for one!" And then I was like "too bad, you're stuck with me Skyguy.''"

"So then what does he call you?"

"Me? He calls me Snips," Ahsoka grumbled, her arms crossing over her chest. Padmé shook her head good-naturedly.

"Do you like it?"

"Yeah! It's just...when he calls me that in front of everyone, they start laughing and I get kinda embarrassed. That is...until I called him by his nickname!" The togruta cheered. It wasn't hard to imagine Anakin's disgruntled face beside a Padawan jumping with glee.

Padmé smiled gently as she saw the likeness between Ahsoka and her husband. They definitely made a good pair. 

"What about you Sen—er, Padmé?" 

Padmé laughed. "I'm just a plain senator who argues in the Republic every day." Technically, the peace talks relied on these debates and were another aspect of war but this was supposed to be a relaxing day! It didn't hurt to hide some of the deeper facts.

Ahsoka gave her an unimpressed look. "That's not all. Anakin was basically gushing about you the other day. I know there's more."

Padmé leaned forward, intrigued. "Oh? What did he say about me?" 

"You both met when he was like nine? And you were a queen of Naboo?" Ahsoka pondered then her eyes widened in shock as her head snapped towards Padmé.

"Wait, you were a queen!?"

~

The vehicle pulled up at Padmé's destination, and Ahsoka could only see a huge building standing tall in front of them. Ahsoka admired the view as Padmé talked with the driver. When she was finished, she grabbed Ahsoka's hand and led her through the building's doors. 

"We're exploring today. Let's go!"

The pair had gone through every place they could, viewing the sights of Coruscant with Ahsoka getting a brief look regarding Padmé's relationship with the people. The day quickly wore on before Ahsoka and Padmé ate dinner together, exchanging little stories about their lives and teasing Anakin in their little ways.

It was dark once the pair went out of the diner, and there was something about the shadows that didn't sit right with Ahsoka. Her suspicions were confirmed as she noticed two people following them.

"Padmé, I think someone is following us," Ahsoka whispered under her breath. Padmé nodded and steered them into a crowded bar where a familiar neon sign was lit—oh shit, it was 79's they have to get out because the clones would see her and Rex would be very mad even though it wasn't really her fault—and god does alcohol smell like that? She wasn't even supposed to be here—

~

As Kix drank from his beer glass, he blinked to see Ahsoka with a familiar-looking woman—Skywalker's girlfriend? He wasn't sure, but that was what he put in the betting pool. 

He blinked again, wondering if he was hallucinating before he saw the tip of a brown cloak flying out the door. He rubbed his eyes before he continued dancing—he'll check up on her later if he remembered. 

~

When Ahsoka had made eye contact with Kix, she had yanked Padmé out the door, not urgently but enough to make their escape. The pair made it out to the other side, both of their hearts beating rapidly as they stared at each other owlishly, recollecting themselves after diving into the chaos. Two seconds passed before they burst into laughter.

When the vehicle came, all they could talk about was their daring escape. The driver had even slid the divider up as Ahsoka and Padmé cackled after the fourth retelling. 

Time flew by fast before Padmé was dropping off Ahsoka at the Temple steps, but not before she gave the togruta her comm number, and thus started a path of sisterhood.

~

When Kix found Ahsoka typing on her holopad on her bunk, wrapped in a brown robe, he had questioned her whereabouts.

"So Commander, what did you do?" Ahsoka grinned, smothering a laugh.

"Nothing much. Just an ordinary day at the barracks."

If he had looked closer, he would've seen that Ahsoka had a chat open with Padmé, both of them discussing what excuses to make up about their night out. 

And if he had no alcohol in his system, he would've remembered that the cloak Ahsoka was wearing right now was the same cloak he saw at 79's.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.4K 2.1K 48
Ahsoka is struggling to accept herself. She feels that she can't live up to her or anyone else's expectations. One day, she decides she's had enough...
276 41 9
UPDATED EVERY FRIDAY In the Kingdom of Courasant something is a miss. Palpatine has been unrightfully appointed himself King. The Kingdom is falling...
113 10 4
I thought it was about time I made these Star Wars men their own book! It will be updated slowly but please feel free to request in the comments! Cle...
2K 72 31
Star Wars the Clone Wars Fanfiction, Mostly Focused on female OC and Captain Rex, and their experience falling in love, but also telling the growth o...