Shattered. [Aaron Hotchner +...

By greysbaeshotchniss

Emily and Hotch shared secrets feelings amongst one another, and when they finally acted upon them, neither w... More

Chapter 1.
Chapter 2.
Chapter 3.
Chapter 4.
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7.
Chapter 8.
Chapter 10.
Chapter 11.
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13.
Chapter 14.
Chapter 15.
Chapter 16.
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18.
Chapter 19.

Chapter 9.

602 11 11
By greysbaeshotchniss

Echoing off of the walls of Emily's bedroom was the tormenting sound of the alarm with no plan of stopping on its own. As Emily reached over in attempt to hit it off, the weight of a warm arm slung over her bare waist halted her in her tracks, making her turn to find him.

For he had come over to rebuild a coffee table, and never left - just ended up in the bed she had promised Leila could use, if necessary.

"Aaron." She whispered, attempting to shake him awake.

"Hmm?" His arm tightened, bringing her closer to his body that radiated heat.

"Aaron, you've got to go. Leila's going to wake up soon, and you don't have clothes here and we have work." She said, trying to wiggle out of his grip. She failed. Instead of replying, he began kissing down from behind her ear, to her shoulder, leaving small marks along the way. "Aaron, c'mon." She breathed out.

"But you're warm, and..." He muttered, beginning to fall into his sleep once again.

"And, you are going to leave." She finished his sentence, grappling his arm and freeing herself from his grip, before finally turning the alarm off.

He turned over, facing the ceiling, with his arms over his eyes until they could adjust to the blaring sunlight shining through the gap in the sheer drapes. "Fine, but I was very happy in my sleep."

"As was I but we have work, and she can't see you." She collected the clothes off of the floor, before chucking them onto the bed and sorting them into piles. His and hers.

The comforter finally opened out, revealing the almost naked man, whose arms she was previously wrapped in. Oh, how she wished she didn't have to hide this. This 'relationship' or whatever it is, made her truly happy but the fact she's hiding it from everyone made it feel like she was cheating. Who she would be cheating on would be unknown, but it she was guilt-ridden. Guilty of lying to her co-workers, her friends, her foster child. Everyone she could possibly think of, that she knows, she felt like she was lying to.

He walked up behind her, wrapping his arms around her still-bare waist, as she continued sorting clothes. "Ok, yours and mine. No mix-ups this time." She said with a hint of sarcasm hidden in her voice, as she turned in his arms, before taking a look at the man she desired so desperately.

"Em-"

"Ah, starting from..." She looked at the alarm clock that read '5:47' "...6:30, I am Prentiss, so use your 'Em's' lightly." She teased him.

"Anyways, Em, carrying on, I think we need to talk about us later."

She loosened her hug around his torso and stepped back. "Aaron, we've talked about us, a lot. Give it time, I don't want to rush anything."

"And we aren't. I don't want to rush things, but I also don't want to wait."

"We're having dinner together later, with the kids. We will talk then." She turned, holding his jeans and t-shirt - a rare outfit for anyone except Jack to see him in - before passing them to him. "Get dressed, Mr. She can't know you were here all night."

Little to Prentiss' knowledge, Leila had woken up in the middle of the night, in need of a drink only to find 2 full wine glasses and a still-broken coffee table. She was no profiler, but it was clear to her that Aaron had slept round, even after Emily told the kid she wouldn't let him. It wasn't unexpected, for she knew it was coming, but how many times would Emily do or say things and then do the opposite before Leila had to confront her?

Aaron left quietly, shortly after getting dressed, as Emily hopped in the shower and Leila woke up again, beginning to get dressed. As she slipped her jumper on over her black tee, she realised the only way Emily knew her was due to a case that put her life in harm's way in order to save others. They hadn't discussed what would happen if Emily left on a case, and if she never returned.

"Hey, you're awake." Emily came into the child's room dressed and ready for the day, snapping her out of her intrusive thoughts of losing yet another person she cared about.

"Yeah, I'm a morning person."

"I can tell. What do you want for breakfast?" Emily asked as they walked out the room together, heading towards the kitchen only to find it completely clear. No wine glasses or dishes unwashed, trash taken out. Maybe Aaron did it?

"Uh, toast?"

"Yeah, we can do that. Later, when we get back from the BAU, we can go shopping. I have to get things for dinner anyway." Emily put two pieces of bread in the toaster.

"Oh, yeah, Aaron and his son are coming. I forgot." The mini brunette said nervously.

"I can cancel if you aren't up for it? It's your choice."

"No, no, he makes you happy. I'm not going to ruin that." There was a small pause between the two, and just before Emily went to speak, the toaster popped up, causing Leila to flinch backwards.

"Hey, you're safe, ok?" Emily reassured her. The girl nodded, looking as if she was going to burst into tears. "Here..." She passed her the plate "...and if you want me to cancel, I can. I won't push you into doing something you don't want to."

In reality, it was Emily who didn't want to have dinner. She loved Jack, and she was sure Leila would too, but the idea of talking to Hotch about 'them' scared her. She wanted him so badly, but she wanted to put the child, in her custody, first over everything.

"No, I want to meet Jack. He might become my brother one day." She said smirking, as she grabbed the butter from the fridge and put it on the warm bread slices.

"Be quiet, you!"

"So what did you and Aaron do last night?" The mini one said, taking a bite of toast.

"He, uh tried to fix the table."

"Tried?"

"Yeah, he's not as handy as he seems."

"So, what? He gave up and went?"

'He went somewhere with his hands, just not the coffee table.' She thought. "Uh, yeah. He did." She hated lying to the kid, but Leila was still too young to hear 'No, we slept together and he left this morning.' Obviously, Leila already knew about everything, and she knew the only reason Emily would lie to her is to protect her. Hopefully, this was protecting her. "Eat up, we have to leave soon."

-

The two brunettes made their way to the BAU, running into Derek on the way into the elevator. "Mini Princess, how are you?" He said, scruffing her hair up a bit.

"Mind the hair, agent. But I'm ok, how are you?"

"Spectacular. I went bar hopping last night and met-"

"Derek." Emily interrupted, sternly, shooting him a look causing both Leila and Derek to laugh as the doors pinged open at floor 6. "I need to talk to Hotch for a second, but go find Penelope, she'll be in her 'lair' by now. I'll come get you when Reid comes in."

"Oh la la, don't have too much fun." The child teased.

Emily shot her a stare, and started walking, hearing muffled conversations throughout the bullpen. One of which was Derek and Leila.

"Hey, mini Princess, what do you mean 'oh la la'?" Derek said, chasing after the little girl as she headed to Garcia's area.

"Uh, I don't know if I can say." She opened the door. "It's confidential."

"What's confidential?" Garcia said, pausing all typing and joining in the conversation.

"Something between Hotch and Prentiss. Little one, here, knows but won't spill. You know anything, babygirl?" He replied. Garcia gave no reply, she just pulled up a chair for the child to sit on and began typing away again. "Garcia?"

"Yes, my dear chocolate thunder?" She said hesitantly.

"What's going on with Prentiss and Hotch?"

"If I told you, I would have to kill you and then Em would kill me."

"Wait, so is there actually something going on between them again or not?" The child interrupted.

"Well I know something was in New York but-"

"He slept at Emily's apartment last night, with her." The child blurted out.

Penelope and Derek were in complete shock that the child for one, knew that, and two, that something was going on with them. Garcia was never told real aspects, just office sex, and Derek wasn't even in the loop, so how the child knew more then two FBI profilers was beyond them.

"What?!" The adults said simultaneously, utter confusion throughout their voices.

"What are you guys talking about?" Emily said, walking into the room, observing as their jaws dropped to the floor and the child looked as if in need of answers.

"You slept with Hotch?!" Derek practically shouted, causing Emily's face to drop and to drag him by the collar of his grey t-shirt into the hall, shutting the door behind them to avoid Leila hearing.

"A 9 year old is in that room and you blurt that out. What is wrong with you?" She said, smacking his arm with each word of the question.

"What is wrong with me? What is wrong with you? You and Hotch?" He shouted.

"Yes, what is wrong with you! She may have the intelligence of a mini Reid and the sarcasm of you and I, but she is 9 so filter yourself. Hotch and I aren't official or anything. Just sex. Sex that she now knows about!" Anger started to lace her voice and become apart through her furrowed eyebrows, as fury raged in her eyes.

"She knows he was with you last night, Em! Don't get mad at me for repeating something she told Penelope and I!"

"She knows?"

"She knows." He repeated.

"Fuck." Emily said, maybe a bit too loudly.

"What's wrong?" Hotch said, joining the conversation, after hearing Emily.

"I don't know, man. Ask your fuck buddy." Morgan said, anger lacing his voice as he walked from the pair.

For Morgan wasn't mad at Emily or Aaron, but at himself for not noticing. If this had been going on whilst they were in New York, how long had he been lied to? Yes, relationships are private things, but he considered Emily a best friend and to think she felt the need to hide this from him, no matter the circumstances, broke his trust more than faking her own death already had, and she was only just regaining it again.

"Morgan!" Prentiss shouted through her cracking voice, but he ignored her and walked into the glass doors, slamming them shut harder then he should have, almost shattering them.

"Em, don't. He needs time."

"She knows. Everyone knows. I feel like shit. I just..." Tears began strolling down her face, but the more she tried to ignore them and carry on, the more her voice cracked and the more tears fell down her soft cheeks. His heart broke into pieces watching the woman he cared so deeply for, break apart in front of him.

"Come here." He said as he brought her into a hug, wrapping his arms around her shoulders, letting his cry onto his white dress shirt and suit jacket. "Let it out." He continued whispering comforting words and sweet nothings as the tears fell heavier then their current seasonal rainfall. It wasn't until they heard the door latch open and saw a small girl step into the hall that they stepped away from each other - Emily wiping her mass of tears and Hotch blinking his watery eyes away.

"I'm sorry." She said shyly.

"Hey, sweetie, there's nothing to be sorry for. You didn't do anything." Emily replied, comforting the girl in her arms as she knelt down in front of her.

"I told Derek, I know I wasn't supposed to but-" She paused.

"But?" Hotch asked.

"But you guys are so happy when you're together, and deserve to be a couple. I know, there's a load of complications but it's true and I want you to be happy. Not crying in the hallway." Her eyes began to water at the thought of them putting her back in the system after this 'mistake', even after the constant reassurance that Emily wouldn't.

"It is complicated but we are figuring things out. Derek is just a little mad because I didn't say anything yet, but you haven't done anything wrong or bad enough to say sorry for, ok?" When the girl didn't reply, she repeated herself. "Ok?" The mini brunette just nodded into the hug, as her head hid in the crook of Emily's neck, taking in the comforting scent of her perfume. Hotch couldn't help but admire the view, watching the two interact even if it wasn't under good circumstances. "I came to get you because Reid got here, but if you're not up for it today, you can just hang out with Garcia if you want." Emily said, smoothing out the child's hair.

"No! I love hanging out with her, but I love learning and I'm really behind."

"No, you're not! You're the smartest kid I know!"

"Yeah, but it's closer to you and I want that."

"Come on then." The two separated from their hug, and started walking towards the bullpen, Hotch not far behind.

"Reid!" The pair said simultaneously when they saw the boy genius at his desk, reviewing an old case, finally fixing his paperwork pile.

"Hey, Leila! Ready to learn?"

"Yeah, I don't have a paper pad or anything though." She said shyly.

"It's ok, I've got some and if it comes down to it, I'm sure Hotch does." The young agent said, looking at his boss who stared back at him trying to conceal his smile. He was glad Leila was making impacts on the entire team, warming up to all of them so quickly.

"Yeah, I do." He turned to see Emily's face beaming with a smile. She obviously felt the same. "I'm going to go find Morgan." He whispered, and she nodded as a reply, still fixated on the interactions happening between Leila and Reid.

"I saw him heading to JJ's office!" Reid shouted to Hotch, as he walked up the catwalk, having heard his boss' whisper. "So, what subject do you want to do first?" He asked Leila.

As Hotch reached JJ's door, he stopped himself from knocking as he heard shouting bouncing off of the walls from inside. Before he could make out what Morgan was saying, Rossi came up and gave him a look - a 'don't push it' look - in which Hotch just nodded to, as the goateed man walked by.

Three knocks pounded on the door, and before any words could be said, he heard a huff and the door swing open, displaying one scared looking JJ and Morgan, whose eyes you could practically see the flames of fire coming out of them as soon as he saw Aaron, resulting in him going to push past his boss. As he headed out of the door, Hotch's hand firmly pushing against his chest stopped him, and pushed him back in, as he also headed inwards of the cramped office, filled to the brim with beige case files and brown evidence boxes.

"Hotch-" Morgan protested against Hotch's grip.

"Sit down and shut up." He stated, now scaring both agents into sitting, despite the fact JJ hadn't done anything wrong.

"Hotch, man calm down-"

"Me? Calm down? You're the one that walked away and called Emily a 'fuck buddy', leaving her in tears. I have so many reasons to be pissed off at you Morgan, and as much as you're mad no one filled you on the latest drama, get over yourself! It's no one's business apart from mine and hers. It hasn't affected the dynamic of the team and you're acting like a child! No one told you because it wasn't their business either. Shout, scream, cry about it, feel upset you 'weren't trusted to know' but do not leave the woman I love in tears. She has been through enough shit this year, as have you but it gives you no excuse. Get out, apologise to her."

"Hotch-"

"Out!" He ordered, making it clear he was in no mood to argue, and yet still had to, but clearly didn't understand all the words he let leave his mouth. '...the woman I love...'.

Morgan's fire-ridden eyes had just been blown out, and left his mind in ashes and scared for his life, for Hotch had put an end to the childish games being played within the BAU. He left as Hotch shouted, going towards the bullpen, not daring to look back.

"Hotch-" JJ started.

"What, JJ?" He snapped.

"Tell her you love her, not us."

"What?" He recited and realised his words of choice. "Shit. No. It's too early, we aren't even official."

"Make it official, because I have never seen you like this. Not even over Haley."

"I'm trying, trust me."

With the eyebrow lift and small smile JJ gave as a reply, he left her office and headed back through the bullpen , which only had Reid, Morgan and Leila in, and to his office only to find Emily sat in his chair, spinning while playing with her necklace. "Emily Prentiss, what are you doing?" He shut the door and chuckled at her as she continued spinning.

"A little birdy told me you were in a shouty mood." She got up, slightly dizzy but smirking, and walked over to him, putting her arms around his neck, keeping direct eye contact. "It's rather weird knowing how happy you were less than 5 minutes ago." She started playing with the ends of his neat, dark hair to provoking him.

"Something pissed me off, and I had to shout at someone."

"Oh, is that right? Morgan said so, he seemed fucking terrified." She said lightly laughing.

"Hmm, he shouldn't have called you a 'fuck buddy'. Now he knows. He apologised right?" Aaron asked, pride ridden across his face.

"Oh yes, very much, but what is he supposed to call me?"

"Hopefully, soon, my girlfriend, or your name would suffice." He teased.

"'Aaron Hotchner's girlfriend', I like the sound of that."

"Oh, yeah?" He leaned down, kissing her softly. "Well, 2 hours ago Emily Prentiss was hell ridden on keeping us 'just friends'."

"Yeah, she changed her mind." She leaned up, placing a hand on his cheek, starting to bring him in for another kiss, but more passionate. "So, ask me." She whispered, before attaching her lips to his, stumping him from saying another word until they pulled away.

"What?" He said as they pulled away, far too soon for Emily's liking.

"Ask me."

"No, not here, not now." He scoffed.

"Why not? Strauss is here, she'll want an update, you can tell Morgan I'm not a 'fuck buddy' and I'm actually your girlfriend, and Leila would be over the moon." She kissed him once again, but he pulled away, just staring at her. "Hey!" She whined.

"I'm not going to ask you here-"

"Fine. Aaron Hotchner will you-"

"Oh, my God Em no!"

"Ouch." She pulled away and started picking at her nails.

"No, stop." He grabbed her hand, stopping her from doing more damage to her nails. "I don't want to just ask you because it will get the job done. I would rather ask you so you feel special. I so desperately want to ask you, trust me. Just wait."

"Hypocrite." She said, slyly.

"What? How?"

"Mr 'I don't want to wait' now wants to wait."

"You're worth it." Those words melted her heart, moulded it back together and melted it again within seconds. Her eyes met his again, and felt her heart physically skip a beat. Those chocolate hazel eyes could see right through her : every thought, every worry, every plan on a case, every feeling, every tell she had, he could see.

"Can I be your 'fuck buddy' until then?" She asked, teasingly.

"Fine, but do not tell Morgan. He will shout at me and I might be scary but his muscles are scarier."

The two laughed at the thought of itch being beaten up by Derek before Emily looked at the man in front of her, noticing everything she loved about him. His slightly crooked smile that came with the dimples, the crinkles in his eyes, the small scar he has on his face. She loved him, but she couldn't just tell him with words. Instead, she chose her lips as the next tactical move to express her feelings, colliding their lips together full of passion, lust and most importantly, love. He wanted to wait, so she could too. How long she would have to wait would be unknown, hopefully not too long.

Hopefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

43.4K 536 33
Aaron Hotchner gets some news about one of his members, Emily Prentiss. Little did the team know, he developed some feelings towards her. As the big...
5.9K 127 20
Barnes didn't bother to listen to Emily's explanation and cuts in, "Stop. That's enough. Agent Prentiss, I know you are a chess player. All I am aski...
9.1K 249 16
"I know our history Agent Hotchner, and it's been more than a decade we last saw each other. Judging from the photo on your desk, you have moved on...