Can't Buy My Love

Bởi CandaceNycole

Brynn's father sells her to his bosses son who's the highest bidder. will she fall in love with him? or end u... Xem Thêm

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 11

5.1K 102 7
Bởi CandaceNycole

Brynn’s POV:

I needed to talk to Ronan; I gave him a few days to cool off so that he could try to understand. I just needed to get this off my chest. I quickly jogged up the steps and knocked, waiting for Dante to open the door. Instead I was greeted by Melissa.

“Oh, hi Brynn!” She said, smiling hugely.

I didn’t say anything and Ronan came to the door. He glared at me, “What the hell do you want?” He demanded.

“I—I just wanted to apologize. Can we talk?” I asked softly.

“I’m done talking. Now get out of my way. I’m taking my girlfriend on a date.”

My heart shattered, I couldn't even breathe. It felt like the world was closing in on me making it harder to breathe. Every chance I had to make things right was now ruined by Melissa. She had finally gotten what I had.

 I forced a smile on my face, “Well, congratulations.” I saw something flicker in Ronan’s eyes. Regret? Doubt it. But just like that it was gone. I turned on my heels walking back to Landon’s car and forced myself not to cry. I deserved this, I had broken his heart and this is exactly what I deserved.

“Hey! Brynn, wait!” A voice called from behind me. I half expected it to be Ronan but I knew it was too good to be true when I saw Carter coming to the car.

I discretely wiped the tears that had nearly trickled out of my eyes away and smiled, “Hi, what’s up?”

“Are you okay?” He asked softly. Carter knew I was upset, but I wasn’t going to let him know his brother was acting like a jerk.

“I’m perfectly fine. I just—I just need to go home.” I wanted to slap myself for stuttering.

“Okay,” He said looking at me, a hint of pity in his eyes. “Well, mom is having a dinner party in two weeks and she wants you and your family to come.”

“Cool, I’ll tell my mom. I can’t wait.” I lied.

“Brynn,”

“I’m fine. I have to go. I’ll see you tomorrow.” I got in the car and drove off home. Leaving Carter and his stupid pity behind.

Landon met me by the door and I was on the verge of tears again. He didn’t say anything as we walked inside past Payton, who glared at Landon. I walked into the kitchen to where our parents were sitting over a bridal magazine. And it made me angry. They couldn’t take two seconds to ask what was wrong with their daughter, but they could plan her wedding.

“Mrs. Rivers has invited us to dinner two weeks.” I said, finally making my presence known.

Tessa and my mother smiled, “That’s great news. I’ve been meaning to see her lately.” And just like that they were back to looking at the magazine.

“Wouldn’t this look lovely?”

“Oh, I was thinking more of a pastel blue color.”

“That would look beautiful on her.”

“What if I don’t want pastel blue? I hate that color. What if I want red and black? Lots of black, huh? What if I don’t want fresh flowers and instead I want dead ones? If I’m getting married by force, I’m planning my fucking wedding!” I shouted, finally letting my anger out.

Landon’s hand went tightly around my waist and Payton got up, his face still covered in bruises, “Landon, let my fiancée go.”

“I am not your fiancée. I want nothing to do with you, you low life creep. I’ve never done anything, in this short month of knowing you that has made you act like this. You ruined everything. I hate you.” In all the sixteen years of being alive I’ve never had so much anger and resentment to a person.

“Brynn, stop that.” My mother said off-handedly. She ignored my protests about my wedding and I snapped. I stormed over to where Tessa and my mother were planning and shoved everything off the table. I picked up the pictures of the many dresses our mothers had picked out and I tore them in half.

“I’m. Not. Getting. Married.” I said in a final tone and walked upstairs. I stormed into Payton’s room and grabbed anything I could put my hands on and started throwing it out of the window and into the backyard. Most of his stuff landed in the pool and I hope it was permanently damaged.  I walked back to his desk and I found his phone and Itouch and I smiled evilly. I heard steps headed to the room and I prayed that Payton was coming.

My prayers were answered when Payton walked in, looked around his room surveying the mess and glared at me. I smiled sweetly at him and he took a timid step forward.

“Brynn, I know you’re upset.” He said slowly.

“Brynn, I know you’re upset.” I mocked; “you have no idea how angry I am. I’m beyond angry. And you know why? Because you ruined everything, yes you did. You just walked into my life without giving me a chance to even have a say in anything and you broke up the BEST relationship I have ever had. Do you know what that feels like?” I didn’t wait for a response, “You don’t. All you think about is yourself and your needs and what you want. Did you ever stop and think that, for once in your life you didn’t deserve anything. You don’t deserve me.”

I kept stepping closer to the window and holding his cell phone and Itouch out farther.

“Brynn, hate me all you want, but don’t destroy anymore of my stuff.” He took one step forward and I took a giant step towards the window.

He backed up, arms in the air as in surrender. I smiled at him. He was going to pay.

“I’ll do what I want.” And I turned and dropped his phone and Itouch out of the window, Payton ran to the window just in time to watch it fall to the concrete and smash into pieces.

 Payton turned to me and got in my face. “You’re a bitch, you know that? Maybe if you didn’t string people along you’d have more friends. I’m sick and tired of your ‘woe is me’ bullshit. You got what you deserved.”

I didn’t even think as my hand shot out and slapped him hard across the face, “I hate you.”

“The feeling is mutual.”

I ran to my room, not wanting Payton to see me crying. That’s all I’ve been doing these last few days.  I don’t know how long I cried or how long I stayed locked away in my room. I was like a zombie, I was empty, just a shell, nothing could make me feel the way I was before…especially a wedding.

                                                            ********

Two weeks passed and I still wasn’t talking to Payton, I didn’t know if I ever would. Ronan was now sleeping with my worst enemy. Dropping her off at school and making sure they make a spectacle of themselves when they parted ways. I was sick of it. I apologized, I tried to explain but he moved on. And Tessa and my mother were pissed that I had ruined the basic outline to my wedding.

I rolled out of my bed. I was done moping around, I couldn’t handle the helpless stares I was getting, the glares at school, and everything just pissed me off. I needed a drastic change. Something that matched my mood. I dressed quickly, slipping on a pair of faded and frayed shorts and I threw on a tank top and matching flip flops. I threw my hair in a messy bun and headed out, but not before slipping into Payton’s room for his credit card. Stupid boy.

“Where are you going, Brynn?” My mother asked as I opened the door.

I didn’t even turn around, “Out.” I climbed into Landon’s mustang and drove to the nearest salon. It was a sleek and expensive salon and I couldn’t wait to spend some of Payton’s money. Maybe even most of it.

“Hi, how may I help you today?” A bubbly brunette asked coming over to me.

“Hi, I would just like to change my hair color and get streaks in it.” I smiled and she nodded leading me to a chair.

“I’m Annabelle, and I’ll be doing your hair. Now what color would you like it?”

I smiled, “Maroon with black streaks.”

Lilly looked at me like I was crazy but started on my hair. I listened to her ramble about random things. Personally, she was a refreshing change from everyone else I talked to. Everyone was either worried about making me sad and angry or they were too busy giving me dirty looks. I didn’t need any sympathy from anyone. I was getting over it.

“Okay and you’re done.” Lilly said smiling a while later. I stared at my reflection and smiled, I barely recognized myself. My once blonde hair was now a deep maroon with black streaks, and with my hair curled it looked perfect.

“Wow, thank you so much. This looks beyond amazing.” I said giving her a large tip.

“It’s what I do. Have a nice day!” She said as I paid and left. Next stop, a tattoo parlor. I blasted the radio and Cee Lo Green’s “Fuck You” was on. A perfect song to match my mood. Guess what Ronan, fuck you.

 I got there quickly and went inside. This I wasn’t doing to piss off Payton, I had always wanted two piercings. Today I was going to get them. Thank you Payton for being stupider than normal and leaving your wallet open on your dresser.

A tall guy with multiple tattoos and huge gages walked up to me and smiled, “What can I help you with?”

“I would like to get my Monroe and lip pierced.” The tall guy smiled and led me to the back to pick out my stud and lip ring. After the precaution and cleaning speech, and the pain I smiled at my piercings. I looked almost completely different from the naive girl I once was. No more Stepford fiancée for Payton.

I thanked the guy and paid. Time seemed to fly so fast. Maybe because I felt so in control and free, or maybe just because I was having a ton of careless fun wasting Payton’s money changing myself…well, technically not “wasting” it was going to a good cause.

I headed towards Carters house, I didn’t care if I saw Ronan again; I was there to see my best friend.

“They taped over your mouth scribbled out the truth with their lies. Your little spies. They taped over your mouth scribbled out the truth with their lies. Your little spies.”

I grabbed my phone and smiled at the picture Landon put as his ID, “Hi, Landon.”

“Where is my car?” He demanded

“Oh, you mean the pretty dark blue mustang?”

“Cars are not pretty. Especially mine, Brynn, sweetie, I’m trying not to yell at you for taking my car without telling me.”

“I’ll be home soon. I have something to show Carter and then you can have your little baby back.” I said laughing.

“Fine, I want to take you out tonight to this stupid party. Travis was invited and he’s making me go. Will you come with me?” His voice sounded hopeful, even though he knew I would say yes. I always do.

“You know I will,” I smiled. “So yes, I’ll go to this party. But I’m pulling into Carter’s driveway, I’ll see you when I get home.”

“Awesome. I’ll see you later. Bye, Brynn.”

“Bye.” I said hanging up. I sighed, Landon was going to drive me crazy. He was the most social person I knew and he had only been here a two weeks. Maybe it was because he was hot. Oh, God, I didn’t just say that! Ugh, I have enough guy problems as it is.

I looked myself over in the mirror and slid my sunglasses over my eyes. Perfect. I hurried to the front door, ringing the doorbell twice.

Dante opened the door and smiled, “Hello Miss, may I ask who you are here to see?”

I laughed at the fact that he didn’t recognize me. I pulled off my sunglasses, “Dante, it’s me. Brynn.”

Shock passed over his face and then he smiled, “Why it is you Brynn, you look lovely. Carter is upstairs.”

“Thanks,” I said as I walked inside. It had been a while since I had been in this house. I wanted to stay away but I just couldn’t. I climbed the stairs quickly and ran into Ronan, the one person I had been avoiding. Ronan looked at me as if he didn’t recognize me and I smiled slightly. I got up and pushed past him going into Carter’s room.

Carter turned around and stared at me confused, “I think you have the wrong room. Ronan’s room is across the hall.” He said turning back to his laptop.

I frowned, so he wasn’t just sleeping with Melissa. Awesome. “Carter, it’s me.” I said slowly.

He looked at me closer, “Holy shit Brynn! You look amazing! I really didn’t even recognize you!”

“Are you saying I don’t look good any other day?” I asked smiling. Carter started backtracking and I laughed, “It’s okay. Neither did Dante.” I left out the part where I ran into Ronan.

“So what brings you to my humble abode?” Carter asked, coming towards me.

“I was bored, so I stole a certain someone’s credit card and a certain someone’s car and I got a new look. And then I came here to show my best friend it.” I smiled.

Carter rolled his eyes, “You’re giving poor Landon a run for his money you know that?”

I laughed, “He loves it. I have to give his car back though.” I frowned a little, “Oh! There is a party tonight and I wanted to know if you wanted to hang out with me and Landon there?”

He shrugged, “Sure, I was gonna go to it anyway. I was just about to ask you if you wanted to go with me. I do want to warn you though, Melissa and Ronan will be there.” He said softly.

“It’s fine. I told you, I’ll be fine. No I am fine. I apologized and begged for forgiveness and he told me no. I’m moving on.” I lied. I was planning on making the asshole jealous so that he could see what he was missing.

“Right…”

I glared at Carter, “Fine, don’t believe me. I have to go home anyway. I’ll see you later tonight.”

“Let me at least walk you to the door.”

Carter got up and walked me to the car and hugged me, “You do look amazing, and don’t forget. Tomorrow night, dinner party. Mom knows about Payton, she wants to meet the family.”

I frowned, “Not surprised at all.  Okay, I’ll make sure everyone knows. I’ll see you tonight.” Carter waved as I pulled out of his driveway and headed home. I couldn’t wait to see the reaction on everyone’s face when I got home.

                                                                        ******

I walked in the house and I heard Tessa and my mother in the kitchen, I smiled. This was going to be perfect. I walked into the kitchen and straight to the fridge for something to drink. I heard my mother stop talking, and I felt eyes boring into my back. I grabbed a bottle of water and turned around.

“Brynn Michelle Montgomery!” My mother shouted when she realized it was me.

“Yes, mommy dearest?” I smiled sweetly.

“What the hell have you done to yourself? You look like a whore.”

“I think, that is the nicest thing you’ve ever said to me.”

“JAMES!” My mother cried, hysterically.

My dad charged in the room looking at my mother then at me, then back at my mother. “Who the hell is this?”

“Hi daddy,” I said smiling.

“BRYNN MICHELLE!”

I heard snickering behind him and I saw that everyone else had come downstairs. I smiled at them. Payton was glaring at me and I blew him a kiss. Causing Bentley and Landon to high five each other and howl with laughter.

“What did you do to yourself?” My dad demanded.

“I’ve always wanted my hair this color and I think these are the less trashy piercings, I mean I could have gotten a tattoo. Would you have wanted that?”

“You look like a little goth whore.”

“I think she looks hot.” Landon put in.

I laughed, “Well thank you. I think you look hot too.”

“Brynn, just go to your room. I want those piercings out and I want your hair back to blonde.” My mother said quietly.

“Sorry, no can do. I have a party to get ready to go to.”

_____________________________________________________________________

Okay, I know it's not really good. It's kind of a filler. So, Rachel is working on the next chapter with me and hopefully you guys will loveee it :) But on the side is a picture of what Brynn's new hair looks like :) I hope you love it. Don't forget to comment and vote. 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

289K 5.9K 78
And we're back! But this time we're looking into the lives of the younger siblings: Alyssa Phoenix, Julianna and Jade Ramirez, and their best friend...
2.8M 101K 74
The People Choice Awards 2019 Winner for Best Diverse Books Never had Autumn thought that she would break up with her boyfriend, Tyler, until the day...
255K 10.6K 26
Alora and Ronan has been together since high school. They're engaged to be married but they have envious enemies lurking in the shadows. On one of Al...
2.2K 28 17
"He will be mine~! All mine~!" ☆ Jake Wheeler, the school outcast who finally snapped. Devon Evans, a popular boy who, unfortunately, happens to be...