Not The One Who Dies ⇀ Attack...

By IronNomad

*THIS STORY IS BEING REWRITTEN* "What if you die? I don't want to lose anyone else.." "I'm not the one who di... More

Characters
Part 1: Origins
Part 2: The Battle for Trost
Part 3: First Interaction
Part 4: Welcome to The Scouts
Part 5: Yesterday
Part 6: The Titan Murders
Part 7: The 104th Scout Regiment
Part 8: Thank You
Part 9: A Promise
Part 10: The Female Titan
Part 11: Promises
Part 12: The Beast Titan
Part 13: The Direwolf is Born
Part 14: The True Monsters
Part 15: Fear
Part 16: Always and Forever
Part 17: The Reunion
Part 18: The Date
Part 19: The Sea
Part 20: A Murder in The Walls
Part 21: Run, Boy, Run
Part 22: Goodbyes
Part 23: Rain
Part 24: Broken Spirt
Part 25: Phoenix
Part 26: Vengence
Part 27: Blush
A/N and Arthur FaceClaim!
Announcement time :)
Part 28: The Reiss Titan
Part 29:The Ruler of The Walls
Part 30: The One-Winged Warrior
Update: Trailers/Book
Part 32: A Fools Game
Part 33: The Battle for Humanity
Part 34: The Death of Eren Yeager
Teaser
Part 35: Reason to Fight
Part 36: The Unreachable Star
Part 37: The Calm
Part 38: The Night We Met
Part 39: A New World
Part 40: Choices
Part 41: The Beast Slayer
Update on future updates
Part 42: Atop the World
Part 43: Forgiveness
Part 44: New Life
Part 45: Right
Q&A/10k Special
Part 46: Sunsets
Update on the next chapter!!
Part 47: The Shadow of Death
Huge Update
Part 48: The Path of the Right
Part 49: Awake
Part 50: Humanity
Part 51: Paths
Part 52: Ghosts
Part 52: Moonlit
Part 53: Unshaken
Part 54: Traitor
|Cast| 2
Rewrite <3

Part 31: A Brothers Duty

472 28 39
By IronNomad

Logan took a bite of the bread he carried into the meeting, slightly narrowing his eyes at the strange syringe that was given to Levi. While Pixas and Zackly were joining them later on, currently it was only the three captains of the scouts, Hange and Erwin sitting in the room.

"So... I heard you had an incident at Historia's orphanage yesterday." Erwin stated at Logan causing the boy to break his stare from the syringe. He looked up with light anxiety, not wanting to relive the memories again.

"Yeah... Turns out, there's a good chance I'm some sort of mixture of my people and a titan shifter. Some freak I am huh?" Logan scoffed causing Levi to smack him in the back of the head.

"You're not a freak, brat. You're the same person you've been this whole time." Levi grumbled causing Logan to role his eyes, of course Levi would say that.

"Well, it would explain a lot... The steam that appears when you're healing, it matches up with Eren's. I don't know how we didn't put it together before." Hange mumbled causing Erwin to shrug, looking at the boy with a slightly sad look on his face.

"Are you going to be okay? We need you in Shiganshina." Erwin stated causing Logan to nod, adamant that he wouldn't let his friends march into that town without him.

"Well, we should probably test your ability before we go. Arthur, you got any ideas?" Hange asked the man who had been silent up until now, He looked up at his brother with squinted eyes.

"Sure... Just have him turn into a titan yeah?" Arthur stated causing Logan to shrug as the door opened, the other two commanders of the military walking in.

"Ah, you're all here. Good. Sorry I'm late." Zackly said causing Erwin to nod as Hange began to explain the needle sitting on the table to the two newcomers.

"In that case... Rather than tamper with it. We should use it to help our mission." Pixas said causing Logan to nod, agreeing with the man.

"And who should we entrust with this responsibility? You Erwin?" Zackly asked causing Erwin to make a face, grasping the sleeve where his other arm would've been.

"No... it wouldn't be any good with my injury. It should be in the hands of one of our elite." Erwin said looking up to the three captains all standing together by the windows. Logan and Arthur both looked to the man in between them, Levi standing there.

"This box belongs with one of our elite soldiers who has the best odds of survival. Levi, would you keep it?" Erwin asked the man who he trusted the most. Levi scoffed before looking to Logan who shrugged, agreeing with the commander.

"If it's an order, just say so. Why even ask the question?" Levi asked causing Logan to narrow his eyes at the captain, looking over to his brother who shrugged, not knowing why the man was acting especially hostile today.

"We can't predict in what situation we'll have to use this. We'll be relying on you to make a decision on the fly. Judging when and who to use it on will be for you to choose. Can we leave that to you?" Erwin questioned causing Levi to narrow his eyes at the commander.

"If this dream of yours comes true, what will you do then?" Levi asked causing Erwin's eyes to slightly widen. Levi and Logan both knew what dream he was referring too, was Erwin still willing to die, to sacrifice them all for that dream?

"I... I don't know. I won't until it happens." Erwin said causing Levi to sigh and nod, taking the syringe from the table.

"Alright, I'll do it." Levi said causing Logan to slightly smile, happy that the man he trusted the most would be the one to make such a big decision. Whatever it would be, he'd support him, he'd always support Levi, no matter what.

"Okay... I suppose it's lab rat time?" Logan mumbled causing Hange's face to light up, excited at the possibility of having another titan shifter. She quickly nodded, standing up from the table and saluting the other soldiers before leaving the room, Logan, and Arthur flanking her.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Hange and Arthur stood a few feet away as they waited for Logan to try to transform. Logan sighed as he looked down to his hand, bringing it up to his mouth. He looked over to the two adults who nodded, urging him to go on. The boy closed his eyes before biting down on his hand, a loud crack of thunder shooting through the air. Yellow illuminated the sky as the two adults covered their eyes, the blinding light lasting a few seconds.

Logan's screams flew throughout the air, feeling as if he was getting a sword through his chest, the muscles and skin tearing on his back. It was some of the most immense pain he'd ever felt in his life. Within a few seconds, the pain went away, even if it felt like a lifetime.

"Well, I'll be damned..." Arthur mumbled as he spotted the panting boy who was now kneeling. He panted on the ground, a single, long wing stretching out of his back. He took a deep breath before standing up. He couldn't see the wing protruding from his back, but he knew it was there.

"Oh my god! DO YOU TWO KNOW WHAT THIS MEANS? WE CAN TRAVEL ANYWHERE AT TRIPLE THE SPEED!" Hange yelled in victory, which Logan didn't acknowledge. His eyes were rolled back into the back of his skull, knowledge of the titan he was now wielding flying through his mind. He quickly came back to reality, letting his wing flap upwards to propel him into the air a tiny bit, the hovering was unstable and clearly not trained, the potential was there.

Logan let his body land, feeling the wing folding back into his body. He grunted as the skin parted to allow the wing to re-enter his body.

"Yeah... Yeah we could, couldn't we?" Logan asked, his mind stuck on one idea. He looked up at his brother, Arthur already having the same idea. They both knew that the mission the scouts were going on would be the most dangerous one that they had ever gone on. Maybe, with Logan's new power and Arthurs already strong claws and ODM skills, they could avoid the potential death entirely, by doing it themselves.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Logan laughed loudly as he watched Sasha bite into the whole pound of meat. He nearly started crying with laughter at the sight of Connie holding her back and Jean trying to take the meat away, finally successfully getting it away before she took a bite onto Jeans hand.

"Should we help them?" Eren asked, a light chuckle in his voice. Logan threw his arm over his shoulders before shaking his head and taking a bite of his own peace of meat.

"Let the animals fight. They'll work it out." Logan teased causing Eren to laugh loudly, eating more of his food. The couple sat there, making small talk and jokes as they ate. Logan tried his best to be his normal self, but he knew that he would be leaving soon, he could even die.

"Hey, babe?" Logan asked out, letting a sigh come through his nose. Eren looked to him, his smile slightly faltering at the sight of his boyfriends conflicted face. This was a time where they should be relaxing, not one where they were worried as they always were.

"Hmm?" Eren asked, taking a bite of his food again.

"I'm gonna have to leave a little early. Arthur and I, we have something to do. But I'm gonna see you tomorrow, okay?" Logan asked, taking a final bite of the food before pushing his plate towards Sasha, allowing her to have the food. She thanked him before scarfing down the food.

"Oh, okay... Is everything alright?" Eren asked, putting down his fork, Logan gave him a smile and placed a gentle kiss to his forehead.

"I love you, Eren. More than anything." Logan said, standing up from his seat. Eren furrowed his eyebrows at Logan, tilting his head slightly.

"I love you too, I'll see you tomorrow?" Eren asked, looking for reassurance. Logan smiled again and nodded, having full faith in he and his brothers capabilities. The captain left the table, making his way towards where Erwin, Levi, and Arthur were sitting.

"You ready, kid?" Arthur asked, looking up from his plate. Logan nodded, giving a smile to both of the others. Levi looked up with slight confusion on his face, Erwin having the same look.

"Where are you two going?" Erwin asked, taking a bite of his meat.

"We're gonna go get ready for tomorrow, don't worry, we'll be okay." Logan said, looking at Arthur who nodded before looking down to Levi who was still sitting at the table, getting more and more confused.

"Hey, Shortstuff, you mind if I talk to you in private for a second? Logan you'll keep Erwin company yeah?" Arthur asked causing Logan to smile and nod, sitting at the table next to the commander while Levi and Arthur walked to the corner of the room.

"I know what you two are planning." Erwin stated as he took a sip of his alcohol. Logan nodded, figuring that the commander was smart enough to piece it together.

"Don't try and stop us, you and I both know that this is a good bet." Logan said, Erwin surprisingly nodding, seemingly agreeing with the boy.

"If it doesn't- If it goes bad, take care of them yeah? Levi and Eren?" Logan asked as he fiddled with his thumbs. Erwin sighed as he nodded, placing his hand on the boys head, lightly ruffling his hair.

"I love you kiddo, Levi does too. We'll be with you soon." Erwin said causing Logan to smile and nod.

"Love you too, Erwin." Logan said before standing up and walking towards the door before a smaller boy had seemingly ran into him, not looking where he was going. Logan looked down to find a blonde boy he had been fortunate enough to call his friend.

"Hey, you alright, Armin?" Logan asked causing the smart boy to nod, saluting the captain. Logan laughed before shaking his head.

"You don't need to do that, We're friends." Logan said causing Armin to nod, his hair covering his face. Logan smiled as he patted the boy on the shoulder before walking past him, finding his brother and Levi talking in the corner, Arthur leaning down and placing a rough kiss to the shorter mans lips before he was shoved away by Levi who had noticed him. Logan rolled his eyes at the man.

"Please, We all know, now kiss him. We're in a rush." Logan mumbled causing Levi to scowl at the boy before grasping the taller mans shirt and kissing him. Arthur chuckling into the kiss, before he pulled away, giving his boyfriend a charming smile.

"I'll see ya tomorrow, short stuff." Arthur said causing Levi to scoff and nod, walking away from the pair. Logan looked to Arthur who chuckled, shaking his head.

"Alright, lets grab our horses, then we can get going." Logan said, his older brother nodding, the two leaving the safety of the walls, the safety of their family and friends. They knew what they were getting into, but they were positive, they could stop this all out war before it even began.

━━━━━━━━━▼━━━━━━━━━

Logan and Arthur rode their horses as they got closer to the old town of Shiganshina, the two keeping their eyes open for any type of titan or the shifters they knew of. They rode through the old, now overgrown streets of the town, weaving in between houses and old markets.

"I wonder which one of these belonged to Eren." Logan stated causing Arthur to shrug before he spotted a pillar of smoke rising from the top of the wall. He made a clicking noise with his tongue as he pointed the fire. Logan nodded, making sure his ODM gear was secure.

"Once they get wind of us, there wont be any turning back. You sure you wanna do this?" Arthur asked. Logan sighed, sitting back on Stark, leaning up and looking towards the smoke.

"We have too... For them." Logan said causing Arthur to nod, sighing as he cracked his knuckles and lighting a cigarette in his mouth, knowing that this could be the last one he'd ever enjoy.

"They don't know about your abilities so, let's take them by surprise with that, yeah?" Arthur asked as he got off of the horse, getting ready to fly up to the top of the wall. Logan nodded, getting off of Stark, petting his mane before sending him off into the city to keep him away from the conflict.

The two brothers shot up to the top of the wall, their claws extended as they reached the peak of it, expecting to find the three shifters, Maybe even Ymir.

Instead there was an empty fire, one that was just dying out. The two landed to inspect the campsite, looking around before the sky was illuminated in pure yellow, two claps of thunder erupting through the sky as the beast titan appeared right in front of them, a little bit away from the wall. He tilted his head at the sight of just the two. Logan turned around, finding the armored titan hanging off the wall, pulling his titan body up. His eyes looked to his older brother who was staring at the beast titan in front of them, seemingly having memories of the titan eradicating his people.

Reiner quickly swung his free arm, skimming the top of the wall and sending the older brother flying off of the wall, straight towards the beast titan. The titan quickly caught the flying, knocked out man in his arm. Logan went to bring his hand to his mouth, getting ready to transform when there was a sharp pain in his elbow. He looked down to his left to find that his arm had been cut from his body. His eyes widened as he turned around, finding Burtholdt there standing with a bloody sword.

"Bring the other one here." The beast titan spoke, as Reiners hand quickly wrapped around the boys body, holding him tight as Logan tried to deal with the shock of what had happened in the past minute. How did they know they were there? They were careful, they didn't make any noise or show any signals. Was his brother still alive? Had the beast titan crushed him when he caught the man.

The armored titan's neck quickly opened, Reiner shooting from the back of it before he quickly jumped from the titan and quickly grasped Logan, carrying him down towards the ground where the beast titan was. Reiner held the boy down with Bertholdt holding a sword to his throat, to make sure he wouldn't try anything.

"I could sever your nape right now, don't try anything." Bertholdt said even though he didn't need too Logan wouldn't try anything, it was almost as if his whole body was shut down, he was no longer in control of it, all he could do was sit and watch as the beast titan lowered the hurt man to the ground in front of Logan.

He opened his hand, revealing the bleeding, seemingly broken man inside of it. Logan took deep breaths as he tried to crawl to his brother, Reiner stopping him.

"Arthur... Arthur please get up. Get up!" Logan pleaded, the man summoning the strength to look over at his little brother.

"S-Sorry... Little brother." Arthur said before he looked back up at the titan with a pained, forced smile.

"Little brother? Wait, Zeke, that's his older brother? I thought it was just some scout!" Reiner said as the Beast titan looked down at the boy, before his eyes trailed towards the man who was clinging onto life.

"Go on, say whatever speech you got planned and get this over with." Arthur said as he shakily pulled a cigarette from his pocket, placing it to his lips and lighting it.

"Goodbye, old friend." The beast titan said as Arthur blew smoke from his lips. He looked to his little brother one last time, a proud gaze covering his face. Arthur nodded at him before the beast titan's fist came down faster than Logan could process, crushing and killing the only true family he had left.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

152K 2.4K 21
My name is Levi Ackerman and I'm the elite of the elite. I have the best killing abilities you motherfuckers will ever gonna see. I killed so many ti...
145K 6.8K 30
I'm very bad at descriptions. You know the drill, Ereri, AOT/SNK fanfic. Enjoy :)
2.9K 111 17
This story is a Levi x Erwin fanfic that starts out as Levi x Eren. Someone's heart will be broken. Who will be the one to mend it ? Will he find out...
52.7K 1.6K 25
Attack On Titan / Shingeki no Kyojin Eren x Levi EreRi/RiRen *boyxboy* [ Setting: Time of the Titans ] Levi and Eren experienced feelings for each ot...