𝘏𝘢𝘱𝘱𝘺 𝘝𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘦...

By KLANCE_LOVEITTT

Day 1: The Night Before Valentines Day 2: Valentine's Day Day 3: Cupid fall in Love Day 4: Love Notes Day 5:... More

The Night before Valentines
Valentine's Day
Love Notes
Forbidden Love
Valentine Friends

Cupid Falls in Love

272 10 1
By KLANCE_LOVEITTT

Lance has been Cupid for only a few years now. His mother retired and left Lance with the job of Eros. He lied to everyone that his middle name was Charles. It's not. It's Eros. The McClain family has been Cupid for hundreds of generations now. God(or gods if you want) gave them the job to help others find true love. They could also find true love themselves. Lance has had many crushes, but only the person Cupid has a crush on and is their true love can see them on Valentines, when they are usually invisible to others. Lance always had his wings, but they are permanent during Valentine's day. Other days he could switch between being with his wings or without. On Valentine's he couldn't. Lance was always disgusted with the image of Cupid. A big baby with the heart arrows. No, Cupid was Lance and he did have to wear a toga to fit his wings, but the arrows? Not a reality. Whenever it was Valentine's day, the person who was Cupid played sick or was on a 'vacation'. More like he was doing his or her job.

Every Cupid had a biological child. Except if your true love is of the same sex, then you can adopt and they will begin the new generation of Cupids. As you can tell, it hasn't been that way for a while.

Lance had also liked his 'rival' Keith for the longest time now. He discovered on the first year he was Cupid, Keith could see him...and was his true love. Lance panicked and claimed him as a rival. Every year, Keith would ask if their friends could see him flying around with huge-ass wings and a light blue toga. No one could see him and eventually Keith figured he was just seeing things. In reality, Lance would hide from Keith whenever he was near. Well, today was Valentine's day, on a Sunday so he didn't have school. 

Perfect. 

He dressed in his light blue toga and let his wings spread out. He stepped outside his house and made sure Keith wasn't there. He flew around for a while till he saw someone needed his help. "Ahh, Hunk. My best friend, my light, my ball of sunshine, the ye to my haw. You're finally gonna ask Shay out? I need to see this." Lance flew over to a few blocks down, where Hunk was visiting Shay at her house. Lance raised his eyebrow,"Shay lives a few blocks from mine? Oh." Hunk was wearing a yellow shirt and brown pants. His hair was nicely brushed and his face was nervously flushed. He ringed the doorbell and Lance stood right next to Lance and put his hands on his shoulders. Shay opened the door and she wore a dark green dress with golden hoop earrings. She cut her hair to a cute bob and Hunk's heart was racing. She blushed immediately when she saw Hunk. "Hunk! Hello, I'm glad to see you! How are you?" She said calmly, while her heart said otherwise. Hunk coughed and smiled at her. Lance smirked,"Hunk, this is your conscience." Hunk could hear him in his thoughts and Lance could hear his. That's what happened when he put his hands on his shoulders.

My conscience? Whatever, can you help me? I'm really nervous. Lance smiled at his friend,"Of course, Hunk. Just ask her out calmly, don't be nervous. I think she likes you. Be nice and be a gentleman!" Hunk nodded,"Hey Shay, I'm doing good! I hope you are too, because I wanna ask you something." Shay nodded furiously,"Yes, I'm doing wonderful-perfect-great! What do you wanna ask me?" Hunk smiled warmly at her and Lance grinned like he was about to see his ship become cannon. Wait, it was. "You got this, buddy." 

"Will you go out with me?" He pulled out a bouquet of yellow flowers, somehow. Shay gasped in delight as Hunk looked in confusion at the yellow bouquet. That was the work of his little friend. "Oh Hunk, of course I will!" She said, taking the bouquet and Hunk's worries went away. Thanks conscience. Lance laughed aloud,"No problem, buddy." He let go of Hunk's shoulders and flew away as he saw Keith walk around the corner. Keith felt a breeze fly past him and he caught a glimpse of white. Keith looked at the ground and saw a single white feather with a gold sparkle almost. He bent down to pick it up, but the minute it touched his fingers, it vanished into nothing. Keith tilted his head in confusion and kept on walking. He had a goal in mind. He was gonna talk-no, confess- to Lance.

Meanwhile, Lance had a fist over his heart that was pounding loudly in his ears. He took a breath as he hid behind a wall and watched Keith look at one of his feathers. He panicked and lost all train of thought when Keith tilted his head. It was the cutest thing ever, but he had to focus. He felt something in his heart, meaning someone else needed his help. He flew to a flower shop, Romelle's flower shop. He saw Keith's adopted brother, Shiro. He seemed panicked and looked at the flowers everywhere. Lance stifled a laugh, Shiro was clearly stressed to pick out flowers for his boyfriend, Adam. He put his hands on Shiro's broad shoulders. "Shiro, calm down. What is Adam's favorite color?" Shiro was deep in thought, Brown, but any brown flower is a dead one! Lance sighed," What is his second favorite color? Shiro thought for a second, Yellow and Orange. Lance looked at the choices of flowers set in front of him."Shiro, I'm certain he will love the sunflowers." Shiro smiled and slapped himself in the face,"Of course, sunflowers! Romelle? Can I have a bouquet of sunflowers?" Romelle sent him a thumbs up and gave him a sunflower bouquet. Shiro walked out of the store with a proud smile on his face. Lance grinned and felt a tug at his heart. He turned around in time to see Keith walking by, a frown on his face. Lance didn't know this but Keith went to his house only to see he wasn't there. Lance flew into an alleyway. Keith noticed his brother and waved. Shiro grinned and walked to his boyfriend that was waiting for him in a cafe. Keith saw a trail of feathers, the ones he saw before, set out in front of him. Keith knew not to touch it this time, but instead followed to where they led. He walking into an empty alleyway.

Lance flapped his wings faster than he ever did before, going to the next person in need of help. Veronica McClain, his sister. She knew about Cupid and knew that she wasn't chosen to be Cupid. She didn't mind though, she just wanted to look good for her date with her girlfriend. Lance smiled and entered her apartment and put his hands on her shoulders,"Hey sis." Veronica couldn't see her brother but smiled,"Lance, I figured you were helping people out." She said out loud. Lance laughed,"It's my job!" Veronica shrugged,"I need help for clothing choices. I'm meeting up with Acxa in 15." Lance nodded,"Just wear your black shirt and blue scarf. And those black combat boots and leggings. I'm sure you'll look beautiful." Veronica smiled,"Thanks Lance, will you accompany me to the restaurant?" Lance nodded,"Sure thing!" Lance let go of his sister's shoulders and she walked as Lance flew. He was very excited and his wings were flapping furiously enough that little feathers flew off. Lance didn't notice, but Keith, who somehow had been able to follow him without seeing him, had noticed. He walked slowly and followed the trail. 

Lance stopped in front of the restaurant. Veronica grinned nervously,"Lance, I'm a little nervous." Lance scoffed,"You're Cupid's sister, I don't get why you're so nervous. You could get any girl or guy you wanted." Veronica laughed lightly,"I know, I just don't wanna mess up." Lance smiled," Ronnie, you're amazing and Axca really loves you. I know, I'm Cupid." Veronica giggled,"Okay, Thanks Lance." Lance saluted to her, even if she couldn't see him,"No problemo, hermana." Veronica rolled her eyes and opened the door to the restaurant. Lance sighed and turned away from the door. He looked up and his wings went stiff. His eyes widened and his heartbeat sped up.

Keith was right there-across the god damn street- looking at him right in the eyes. 

His arms were crossed and he had a small smile tugging at his lips. He walked across the street as Lance tried to walk away calmly. He couldn't fly because his wings were failing him and weakened when he locked eyes with Keith. "Hey Lance!" Lance turned around to face Keith, but avoided his eyes. "H-Hey Keith." Keith smiled and stuffed his hands into his pockets, blushing a bit. "What are you doing here?" Lance forced a small smile,"I was-uh-looking around." Keith nodded,"I see, you were looking at the shoes?" Lance looked next to him and saw that right next to the restaurant was a shoe store. "Yup!" He said with a grin on his face. Maybe Keith didn't see the wings...or the toga..and saw regular clothes or something. 

"Nice wings you got there. Did you buy the toga to match?"

Never mind.

Lance groaned,"You saw that?" Keith smirked,"Yeah, I did. How and when did you become Cupid, because obviously it seems like I'm the only one who can actually see you." Lance sighed and grabbed Keith's hand. Keith was very flustered by this,"What are you doing?!" He said blushing. Lance rolled his eyes,"I can't talk to you here, I can barely hear you over all this traffic."

"Oh" Lance walked with him, never letting go of his hand, to the park and they sat at a nearby tree. They were alone and Lance relaxed his wings as Keith admired them. "Okay, so as you know I am Cupid and you're the only one who can see me." Keith jabbed a finger at Lance's chest and smirked,"I knew I wasn't going crazy or seeing things!" A moment passed,"Why am I the only one who can see you?" Lance started blushing and his wings were flapping frantically, blowing Keith in his face. "I-I- why should I tell you?" Keith smirked and got closer to Lance, pulling an innocent look and tilting his head a little bit. Lance's heart was gone. "Please Lance?" Lance grumbled,"Fine, it's because only the person Cupid likes and is their real true love can see them when they are helping others on Valentine's day." Keith took a few seconds to process what Lance said as Lance dug his face in his knees, realizing he was being incredibly blunt. Keith smirk turned into the biggest grin that could brighten the entire world. "You're Cupid and I can see you. So that means you like me? A-and I'm your true love?" Lance covered himself in his wings, almost like a cocoon. "Yeah, but it might take you a while to be my true love." Keith frowned,"Why do you say that?" Lance sighed and showed his face,"Because you don't love me."

Keith's eyes widened and he grabbed Lance's hands. "What ever make you think I won't love you?" Lance stared at him, then his wings, then Keith again and motioned to his wings. "Because I'm a freak?" Keith smiled at Lance,"Well then I guess you're too late, because I've already fallen for you." A moment passed as Lance processed what Keith said and Keith realized he was being blunt. How the tables have turned.

Keith covered his flustered face with his hands as Lance smiled a huge grin that showed pure happiness. "Keith! Say that again!" Keith yelped and waved his hands around frantically,"W-What!? No! That took me a lot to say."

"Keith, look at me in the eyes and tell me you love me."

"W-Wha..? You're such an idiot!"

"But you loveeeeee me."

Keith looked at Lance and smiled sheepishly,"Yeah, I do." Lance heart raced,"Really?" Keith rolled his eyes playfully,"Yes, I just told you that." Lance pulled him in a tight hug, which Keith melted into Lance's warm touch. Lance let go of him a little bit, just to see him. Keith's eyes were shining and had a smile dancing on his lips. His face was red and Lance was mesmerized. He felt it when Keith put a hand on Lance's cheek and he leaned into it. He felt it when their lips brushed. He felt it when he kissed Keith passionately and Keith kissed him back with as much love. He felt it when he wrapped his arms around Keith's waist, pulling him closer. When they pulled away Lance smiled,"You know, when Cupid find their true love, they have a life together and have a child. But if Cupid loves someone of the same sex, they can adopt and a new generation is born" Keith's face went aflame. "W-Why do you say that?"

"Guess you can say our love started the beginning of a new generation."

"OH MY GOD, YOU ARE SOO CHEESY."

"But youuu loveee me for it."

"Be glad I do and that I'm gonna kiss you instead of punching you."

"I like that idea better."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.2K 562 15
This story takes it's place in the Meiji Era, an Era where civilians of Japan have finally found peace in their country. After the Revolution of 1864...
26.3K 537 18
Kenny x Butter fanfic
289K 13.9K 93
Riven Dixon, the youngest of the Dixon brothers, the half brother of Merle and Daryl dixon was a troubled young teen with lots of anger in his body...
167K 7.8K 103
In the vast and perilous world of One Piece, where the seas are teeming with pirates, marines, and untold mysteries, a young man is given a second ch...