Here Comes Trouble

By ravenclawslove

Trying to live a normal life, Buffy puts her hunting past behind her till Dean Winchester shows up at her col... More

Cast
Prologue
one
two
three
five
six
Additional Cast
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
New Sam story
fourteen
fifteen
So
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
Planning

four

927 32 2
By ravenclawslove

Buffy was passed out when Sam walked in. Dean looked at Buffy as Sam sat down beside a sleeping Buffy. "Still having nightmares?"

"It's not that." Sam said as he looked at Buffy. "It's everything."

Buffy laid there listening till the phone rang. She raised up and looked at Sam. "Good morning."

"Hey." He replies. "You finally slept good."

"Someone has to keep your ass alive while Dean is busy doing god knows what." Sam chuckled and looked at her. "What?"

"Nothing."

Buffy went to say something when Dean hung up his phone. "Let's go."

Buffy groaned as she laid back on her pillow as Sam laughed. "Come on drama Queen." Sam tells her. When she didn't budge, he picked her up making her scream.

"Put me down, Sam!" She tells him as he carried her to the car. "Put me down!"
~~~
"Thanks for making the trip so quick."

Buffy listened as she followed them. When she heard her name and Sam being an even trade. They walked into the office to listen to a tape. Buffy was starting to feel unsettle as she listened to the plane and whatever it is that was on the tape.

"We need a list of survivors." She speaks up after Sam.

Sam looked at Buffy who looked unsettle about this mission.
~~~
Buffy stood beside Sam as they waited for Dean. "Are you okay?" He asked her.

"I hate airplanes." She tells him. "I'll be fine."

Sam smiled at her as they saw Dean. "You've been in there for ever." Sam tells Dean.

"You can't rush perfection."

"Homeland security?'

"Oh great. You just have to get something illegal. Especially for us." Buffy said.

Sam opened the door for her to get in. "Alright, so what do you got."

"There's definitely E.V.P. On the cockpit voice recorder." Buffy replies.

"Yeah?"

"Listen." Sam tells him. Once he hit play, they heard voices and one saying there are no survivors.

Buffy looked at Sam and than Dean. She was trying to understand what they were dealing with. "Buffy?"

"What?" She asked confused.

"I said which survivor should we speak to first."

"Oh." She replies. "Third on the list...Max Jaffey."

"Why him?" He asked.

"One, he is around here. Two, if anyone saw anything weird, he did." She said.

"What makes you say that?"

"Sam spoke to his mother..."

"And she told me where to find him." Sam tells Dean.

Dean looked at the two and shook his head wondering when they will just give in. Buffy went back to looking at the survivors trying to understand why they survived.
~~~
"I don't understand. I already spoke with Homeland Security." Max tells them.

"Right, some new information has come up." Dean said. "So if you could just answer a couple questions..."

"Just before the plan went down, did you notice anything unusual?" Sam asked.

"Like what?"

"Strange lights, weird noises, maybe...voices." Buffy said hopefully.

"No, nothing."

Buffy sighed as Sam gave her hand a squeeze making her smile. She listened to Dean question Max. Sam looked at Buffy. "It's okay." Buffy reassured him. "Then just tell us what you thought you saw, please."

Sam looked at Buffy hoping she got through to Max. "There was...this...man. And he had these eyes...these uh....black eyes. And I saw him...I thought I saw him..."

"What?" Dean asked.

"He opened the emergency exit." Max tells them and looks at Buffy. "But that's impossible, right? I mean, I looked it up. There's something like two tons of pressure on that door."

"This man...did he seem to appear and disappear rapidly?" Sam asked. "It would look something like a mirage."

"What are you, nuts?" Max asked.

"He was a passenger. He was sitting right in front of me."

Buffy looked at Dean and Sam.
~~~
Buffy seen they arrived at George Phelps apartment. Buffy sat beside Sam as he looked at a picture of George. Buffy looked at the wife. "How long were you married?" She asked.

"13 years." Sh replies.

"And all that time. Did you ever notice anything...strange about him, anything out of the ordinary?" Buffy asked as Dean was giving her a look.

"Well...uh, he had acid reflux, if that's what you mean."

Buffy looked at Sam and Dean knowing this was a dead end.
~~~
"It goes without saying, it just doesn't make any sense." Sam said as they walked down the steps.

"A middle aged dentist with an ulcer it's not exactly evil personified." Dean says. "What we need to do is get inside that NTSB warehouse. Check out the wreckage."

Buffy heard Sam agree making her sigh. "Okay, but I'll blame it on you, Dean." She replies.

"What about Sam?"

"He's my favorite, so..."

Sam looked at Dean before following the blonde. "Just get together already."
~~~
Buffy looked at herself in the mirror. "I'm killing them." She mumbled as she saw Dean and Sam. "This is not me." She tells them.

Sam was shocked as was Dean. Buffy looked different. Sam couldn't believe how sexy she looked in a suit. "Um.." Dean said looking at the blonde.

"What?" She asked as she walked over to them and fixed Sam's tie. "Let's go."
~~~
The three showed their badges just to get into see the wreckage. Buffy looked around. "What is that?" She heard.

"It's an E.M.F meter. It reads electromagnetic frequencies." Dean replies.

"I think Sam knows what an E.M.F meter is." She said.

"But why does that one look like a busted up walkman?" Sam asked.

Buffy shook her head at the brothers and started looking around. "Buffy." She looked at them. "Look at this."

Buffy looked at the emergency exit handle. "What is that stuff?"

"I don't know, but I will find out." Sam said as he scrapped some of the black material. Sam grabbed Buffy as they ran after hearing someone coming.

The three reached outside and started walking away when the alarm went off. The three started running towards the gate. Buffy did a backflip over the gate causing Sam to catch her. "These monkey suits do come in handy." Dean said.

"Sam." He looked at her. "Put me down so we can run."

"Right." He said as he put her down.

Buffy grabbed his hand as they ran after Dean.
~~~
Buffy sat thinking about what she had learned. What could be the cause of the residue?
~~~
"So, every religion in every world culture has the concept of demons and demonic possession, right?" Sam says. "Christian, Native American, Hindu...you name it."

Buffy leaned forward. "Yeah, but none of them describe anything like this." Dean said.

"That's not exactly true." Buffy said as she remembers reading something about this.

"According to Japanese beliefs, certain demons are behind certain disasters, both natural and man made. One cause earthquake. Another causes disease."

"And this one causes plane crashes?" Dean asked.

Buffy sighed as this was one demon they have to figure out how to get rid of it. "You know, who knows how many planes it's brought down before this one." Buffy said as Sam looked back at the computer.

"What?"

"This isn't our gig." Dean said. "I mean, demons, they don't want anything...just death and destruction for its own sake. This is big." Dean sighed. "I wish dad was here."

"Yeah, me too."

"Agree." Buffy said from her spot.

The cellphone rang causing Buffy to look at Dean. She watched Dean talk to Jerry. Sam looked at the blonde knowing she felt the same as they did.
~~~
"Sulfur?"

Jerry nodded making Buffy sigh. Sam looked at her before talking. "With all due respect, to Chuck, if that's the case, that would be the good news." He said.

"What's the bad news?" Dean asked.

"Chuck's plane went down exactly 40 minutes into flight." Buffy said. "And get this...so did flight 2485."

"40 minutes? What does that mean?" Jerry asked,

Buffy leaned back and as Dean was explaining what 40 minutes meant. "It's biblical numerology."

"I went back, and there have been six plane crashes over the last decade that all went down exactly 40minutes in."

"Any survivors?" Dean asked.

"No." Buffy replies. "Or not until now, at least..."

"Not until flight 2485, for some reason." Sam finished.

"And the cockpit voice recorder..." Buffy said as she looked at Sam. "Remember what the E.V.P said?"

"No survivors." Dean said. "It's going after all the survivors."

"It's trying to finish the job." Buffy replies.
~~~
Buffy kept trying to reach Amanda. "Any luck?" Sam asked her.

"No." She said. "She's got her phone turned off."
~~~
Buffy ran into the airport to the gates. "Right there, they're boarding in 30 minutes." Sam said.

"Okay, we still have some cards to play." Dean tells them. "We need to find a phone."

Buffy and Sam went with him. She listened as Dean was trying his best with Amanda. Buffy looked at Dean and sighed. "No luck." She replies.

"Damnit."

"Alright." Sam says. "It's time for plan B. We're getting on that plane."

Buffy looked at him like he was crazy. She listened to Sam and sighed. When Sam said he will go on his own. "I'll go," she said. "If it means keeping you safe than I'll go."

Sam smiled as he hugged the blonde. "Why does she make things difficult?" Dean said. "Fine."
~~~
Buffy sat by the window freaking out. Sam grabbed her hand and gave it a squeeze. "Relax." He tells her.

Buffy closed her eyes as she thought of other places than where she is at. When the plane took off, Buffy squeezed Sam's hand. He looked at her with a reassuring smile. They heard humming and looked at Dean. "Is he humming Metallica?"

"Are you humming Metallica?" Sam asked Dean.

"It keeps me calm."

Buffy smiled as Sam scoffed. "Look, man, I get you're nervous, all right? But you got to stay focused."

"Okay."

Buffy zoned out as she was trying to figure out who was possessed. She heard Dean was ting to talk to Amanda. "You don't need that." She said taking the holy water out of his hand.

"She'll flinch at the name of god." Sam tells him.

"Okay."

"Say it in Latin." Buffy tells him.

"Okay."

Buffy laid back against the seat. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah." She said as she noticed their hands. "Why didn't you let go?"

"Buffy, I know you hate flying." He tells her. "I want you to be focused." Buffy looked at her hand. "Buffy, I...."

"She must be the most well adjusted person on this plane."

Sam and Buffy looked at him. When the plane started to shake, Buffy squeezed Sam's  hand trying to stay calm. "Buffy is staying calm."

"That's because she has your hand."

Buffy watched him exhale. "There we go." She said making Dean glare.

"Now, I found an exorcism in here that I think is gonna work...the ritual Romano." Sam tells them.

"What do we have to do?" Dean asked.

"It's two parts." Buffy said. "The first part expels the demon from the victim's body."

"It makes it manifest, which makes it more powerful." Sam says.

Buffy knew this was going to take some time. After Dean started searching, Buffy continued to look at the book. Sam went to Dean to see if he got something. She put the book away and walked up to them. "Anything."

"Yeah." Dean said.

"Fuck." Buffy said as she went searching for Amanda.

"She's not going to believe this." Sam said as he followed Buffy.

"12 minutes, dude."

Buffy got to the back and smiled. "Hi."

"Oh, hi. I hope the flight's not to bumpy for you, I hope."

Dean started talking as Buffy got tired of hearing Dean trying to tell her in a different way. "Look, we know you were on flight 2485." Sam said.

"Who are you guys?" She asked.

"We've spoken to some other survivors. We know something brought down that plane. It wasn't mechanical failure." Buffy said from beside Dean.

"We need your help. We need to stop it from happening again."

Buffy watched her try to leave, but she stopped her. "We're not here to hurt you, but Chuck, he's dead."

"Chuck's dead."

"He died in a plane crash."

Buffy listened to Dean and Sam. When Amanda finally agreed to get the copilot, Buffy sighed in relief. "Here goes nothing." She mumbled as Dean punched the copilot.

Buffy stood beside Sam as Dean dealt with the copilot. "Amanda, you need to get out of here and don't let no one come back here." Buffy tells her.

"Amanda?" Sam said.

"Okay."

"Hurry up, Sam, Buffy. I don't know how much longer I can hold him." Dean tells them.

Sam started speaking Latin as Buffy read the book before she got pushed against the wall. "I know what happened to your girlfriend and her boyfriend." He said as Buffy looked at him as did Sam. "They must have died screaming."

Buffy glared as she started helping them after hearing her name. She saw a black mist going through the vents. "Where'd he go?"

"Somewhere on this plan." Buffy replies as they started searching. The plan started going down causing Buffy to scream. "Sam!"

Everyone was screaming as Sam started speaking Latin. She felt him grab her making her read the ritual with him. Buffy sighed in relief as Sam stood up with her.
~~~
Buffy stood with Dean and Sam as they started walking away. Her mind was on what the demon said about Mark and Jessica.

Buffy sat in the car as she watched Sam and Dean talk to Jerry. "Oh." He said. "Buffy, she is one tough girl." Jerry said. "Your dad said she's one of you."

Sam looked inside the car to see Buffy sound asleep. "She is one of us." Sam said as he looked at Dean.
~~~
Sitting on the side of the road, Buffy was sitting in the car when Sam got in. "Are you okay?" She asked.

"Yeah." He replies. "You?"

Buffy kissed his cheek smiling. "I'm fine." She said as Dean got in. "Another dead end?"

"Yeah." Dean said as they drove off to their next destination and mission.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.3K 584 17
After Y/n is raised by her father figure, Bobby, she learns how to hunt. After being in the business for eighteen years, she meets Bobby's other 'chi...
446 21 5
"He wanted to run to her, he wanted to make sure she was okay, but he couldn't. That wasn't his place...it was Sam's, he just had to let go" :-: Aft...
717 55 22
has a major crush on Dean but is afraid to tell him because she feels he still sees her as the 14 year old he met 9 years ago. After a hunt gone wron...
1.7K 7 32
Maddison Harris is a bit of an unusual girl, always has been and always will be. When she meets the two young lads, Sam and Dean Winchester will she...