Take an Extra Step, GOH the E...

Av YukiKazeko

This book is part of a series. If you have not read the other books, then you won't understand what's going o... Mer

Chapter 0: How New Beginnings Begin
Chapter 1: The End of Kirsten Kazeko's Life on Earth
Chapter 2: The Actual End of Kirsten Kazeko
Chapter 3: Together, Goals are Made
Chapter 4: An Eventful First Day of Pokemon Education
Chapter 5: The Personal Trial Information Revealed
Chapter 6: Find Me within the Memories (A Thanksgiving Special - Part 1)
Chapter 6.1: Find Me within the Memories (A Thanksgiving Special - Part 2)
Chapter 6.2: Find Me within the Memories (A Thanksgiving Special - Final)
Chapter 7: Yuki's Answer to Her Personal Trial
Chapter 9: Greninja's Feelings
Chapter 10: Greninja's Conflict
Chapter 11: Greninja's Decision
Chapter 12: Yuki's Response
Chapter 13: The Beginning of a New Move
Chapter 14: A Tip from an Unexpected Source
Chapter 15: Surprise! It's Parents Day~!
Chapter 16: Pop Quiz! Can Yuki Prove Her Worth... and... More?
Chapter 17: It's About Time! Let's Head Towards the Location of the Grand Trial!
Chapter 18: The Information of the Grand Trial Revealed!
Chapter 19: It's the Beginning of Our Grand Trial! LET'S GO!
Chapter 20: Working Our Way from the Ground Up
Chapter 21: Fighting the Darkness
Chapter 22: Under the Rocks, the Trap was Set
Chapter 23: It's Time to Go All Out! The Conclusion to the Grand Trial!
Final Chapter: A Thank You Gift Under Lunala's Sky

Chapter 8: Yuki's First Battle and a Surprising Twist in Fate!

120 3 2
Av YukiKazeko

(Ash's POV)

Over the next two weeks, Yuki has been training intensely with Professor Kukui's Lucario regarding Aura Control. It's no understatement to say she has an insane amount to mess around with. It only took her a week to be able to control how much comes out at once another few days to be able to maintain that Aura Shield that still appears whenever she's afraid... and another couple days to control when the shield is used!

Of course, it wasn't easy for her to accomplish so much in a short amount of time. She began coming to school until lunch time, then leaving to train with Lucario. I could tell that she wasn't learning anything new, but still enjoyed the experience of going to a Pokémon School. After all, she once told us that her school experience wasn't anywhere near as good. When anyone asked why, her face would show signs of sadness. She would avoid answering and tell us that we're amazing friends. Sometimes I wonder if 'school' and 'friends' are somehow connected...

During dinner last night (which, by the way, was Sunday, December 15th in the year 2019,) Yuki told us that she would be attending the school full time again. This made me so happy!

Right now, we're walking to school. My Pokémon, besides Pikachu, are inside their Pokeballs. Yuki has Greninja walking beside her, alongside Rotom-dex floating a little behind us. Professor Kukui's Lucario actually went with his trainer for once! Anyone who knew this blue hair, red eyed girl since the beginning can easily see how far she has come.

"Hey Ash? I got a question... two actually." Yuki said while looking at her Z-Ring. Despite all the progress she has made, it has yet to show signs of glowing.

"What's up?"

"Well... I was talking to Greninja earlier and... well..." She began poking her index fingers together. "I was wondering, with your permission, we could try learning a new move..."

I look at her, tilting my head. "Why are you asking me?"

She replied in a quiet voice, "Greninja said it was ok, but... Greninja is your Pokémon."

'Ash, you and I both know what your answer is. Heck, she knows what your answer is, but at the same time, there's another part of her telling her she needs to ask no matter what.' The ninja frog Pokémon sighed. 'I don't think that's a bad quality in general, by the way.'

I smile hearing what my Kalos water-type said. "I think it's a good quality, too! Wanting to make sure with the other person despite knowing their answer, just because it's theirs." I grab one of Yuki's hands with both of mine. "You don't need to ask me questions like that. I may have caught Greninja, but Greninja is his own Pokémon. If Greninja is OK with learning a new move, then you have your answer, right?"

A small smile showed on her face. "You're right, Ash. I'm sorry for asking a question like that. It's just... in my world, where Pokémon was portrayed as a fictional concept... despite me imagining Pokémon as their own beings who have minds and desires of their own, I always had to ask others those kinds of questions for their Pokémon."

"Don't worry about it. Anyway, what's the second question?"

She stayed quiet for a moment, before responding. "Will you have a practice match with me? I haven't battled in this world yet and I think it's about time I get some practice in."

"Of course!"

With that, we arrived at the school, both of us excited for the upcoming fight.

_____

"Alright class, it's time to head outside for some heated battles!" Our teacher, Professor Kukui finally announced. "Before we Extreme Speed out of the classroom, I want you guys to choose among yourselves who you're battling."

"Ash," Gladeon began walking over to me. "Lycanroc really wants to battle your newly re-evolved Lycanroc."

I smiled, remembering how Gladeon's Lycanroc has been coming over every day for the past week and a half to help Rockruff evolve again. Once again, he evolved as the sun was setting, giving him his Dusk Form once again.

"Sorry Gladeon. I know how much the two want to have a proper match, but I already promised Yuki I would battle her today."

"Yuki's gonna battle?!" Hau jumped up from his seat, eyes sparkling. "About time!"

I could tell everyone else in the room was too surprised to comment. No one, not even Professor Kukui or Lucario, expected the girl to attempt battling just yet. Let alone her first match being with the strongest trainer in the class!

"Well then," Kukui began to speak, still shocked. "How about we watch their battle and give Yuki feedback on what she can improve on?"

Everyone nods, agreeing with this plan. After hearing this, I'm sure everyone's too curious to pick partners or even care to battle one another. It only took a few moments for us to begin walking to the battlefield.

_____

Outside on the battlefield, Yuki and I stood across from one another. I could see the excitement on her face, alongside a small hint of worry.

"You OK, Yuki?" I ask.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just a bit worried it worried about possibly confusing the rules of battle between this world and mine."

"There's a difference?" I hear Sophocles ask from the sidelines.

Yuki nods. "Pokémon was a turn-based game. That meant when we battled, we took turns telling our Pokémon what moves to use. Also, we didn't have to say 'dodge' or anything like that. Technology wasn't advanced enough for those kinds of games." She then looks away from everyone for a moment. "Even if it did, it would take way too much money and time for the fans to be willing to wait for..."

"That makes sense." The Electric-type user said, actually understanding what she was saying. No surprise there!

"Yuki!" I gave her a reassuring smile. "If it makes you feel any better, I won't go all out right off the bat."

"Thanks, Ash."

"I gotta record this-roto!" Rotom-dex pressed his screen as he looked at the field. "The world's first battle with the one who's part of the universe that created ours is a historical moment-roto!"

_____

(No One's POV)

Professor Kukui walked to the middle of the field. "This will be a one-on-one battle. The winner will be declared when at least one Pokemon is deemed unable to continue or someone forfeits. Also, Z-Moves are not aloud to be used. Do you two agree to these terms?"

"Yes!" The two said in unison.

"Ash, please choose your Pokemon."

The raven-haired boy look at his longtime partner who's been with him since the beginning, then back at Yuki. "Is Pikachu OK?"

"Of course!"

"Alright then. Pikachu, I CHOOSE YOU!"

'Let's do this, Ash!' Pikachu said as he jumped off Ash's shoulder and onto the battlefield. 'Let's give Yuki a battle to remember!'

On the other side of the field, Greninja was still next to Yuki. "Alright Greninja, we practiced a little together beforehand. It's time to show Ash what we can accomplished!"

'Let's do this!' The two gave each other a high-five before Greninja walked onto the battlefield.

Kukui walked off to the side, prepared to referee this match. Before he gave the signal to begin, he turned to his students. "Class, remember to think of tips to give Yuki after the match."

"OK!" Was the reply everyone gave, alongside their Pokemon as well. It wasn't only the trainers who were curious about how this battle would go.

Turning back to the battlefield, the Alolan teacher put one arm into the air. "Battle begin!"

"You can have the first move, Ash." Yuki told him. "I'm ready for anything!"

"Alright then. Pikachu, use Quick Attack!"

Pikachu began running, ready to ram into Greninja. Just before he made contact, Yuki gave out her first command.

"Jump!"

The ninja frog dodged the electric mouse's attack, seeming with ease. He was high in the air.

"Now, Water Shuriken to the right!"

The water-shaped ninja objected began to form in the palm of his hands and threw it, aimed at Pikachu's right.

"Dodge it!" With that command, Pikachu jumped towards the left, which was exactly what Yuki wanted.

"Aerial Ace!"

Greninja's foot began to glow, ready to hit Pikachu. Despite this being a move that can never miss in the games, the girl has found that logic doesn't apply in this world. To ensure this attack had a better chance of hitting its mark, Yuki had Greninja create a set up of sorts by aiming his last move to hit the right side of Pikachu. Knowing the Pokémon's usual reflex from the anime, she predicted Pikachu would dodge to the left, which did indeed happen. Greninja landed the attack by hitting Pikachu's side and kicking it across the field, greatly damaging it. The ninja frog then gracefully landed on his feet.

"PIKACHU!" Ash saw how Pikachu was already struggling a little. Not in enough pain to stop battling, but enough to feel like it won't be able to go that fast. "You alright, buddy?"

The electric mouse easily got back up and gave a thumbs up. 'I'm A-OK, Ash!'

Ash then looked at Yuki, eyes filled to the brim with admirement. In most cases, doing an attack in that fashion would easily be considered a disrespectful move. The reason why it wasn't was simple: the pure control Greninja had and the calculations Yuki made to ensure Greninja would be in a position to not hurl his best friend at a tree was insane. Greninja also made sure not to use enough force. He knows his Kalos water-type had the control to NEVER attack in a disrespectful way... and it seems Yuki shares the same ideals regarding that.

As the trainer from Pallet Town finished his thoughts, he felt something tug in his mind. Something... uneasy. Not sure what this feeling was, he ignored it.

"That was an amazing play Yuki! I'm not gonna hold back any longer! Pikachu, thunderbolt!"

As Pikachu began charging up the attack, Yuki gave yet another command. "Greninja, use Double Team and run towards Pikachu!"

Greninja made his clones and just as Pikachu shot his attack, the ninja frog began running towards his target. As this happened, no one noticed Yuki's Z-Ring flickering. Also, Ash's uneasy feeling grew.

As Greninja ran towards Pikachu, Ash made a call of his own. "Eletroball!"

"Cut it!" Yuki told Greninja, who prepared to use Cut. Pikachu, who ended up slowing down due to the major damage earlier, shot the ball of electricity too late. Greninja was fully prepared and cut it with little effort.

Right before Greninja reached Pikachu, Yuki made an unexpected call. "Right side-step!" With this, Greninja, who was right in front of Pikachu, quickly leapt to the right.

Just now, Ash felt his uneasy feeling... snap. He wasn't sure what that feeling was... until he saw what happen next. Everyone who was watching, was also surprised. Yuki and Greninja, however, were so into the battle that they didn't notice.

"Greninja, let's finish this off! Water Shuriken!" Greninja reached his arm into the air and began forming a bigger Water Shuriken, similar to the size of the one on his back in Ash-Greninja form. As the water formed within, Greninja's body was being drained of it's color, slowly becoming a shiny shade of black. His eyes slowly began matching Yuki's own eye color, alongside his tongue becoming more of a red.

In this moment, Ash finally realized what that uneasy feeling was: his special connection with Greninja was no longer within his grasp.

Fortsätt läs

Du kommer också att gilla

27.1K 392 12
Bunch of one-shots about Ash's Greninja and Ash, mostly Ash-Greninja returns because there aren't enough of those. I guess everyone's busy writing th...
266K 2.8K 53
Pokémon: Champion of Alola-Rise from Betrayal (AshBetrayed) (AureliaShipping) Ash has come back from Kalos after coming in 2nd place. When gets back...
82.3K 2K 54
This is the story of what happens after Ash wins the Masters Tournament. All our heroes attend a celebration in honor of the new Monarch. What will h...