Not so unknown

De MyCarnivalRide

After finding her mom in bed with her dad's best friend Jessica (Jessie) Montgomery-Shepherd, cut her parents... Mais

Miss independent
Get out of this town
Begin again
Messed up but so what
We own the night
Old things
Already there
Little red
My delimma
Somebody close
Caught up
Middle of the start
Bet on
Clarity
What happened here
Piece by piece
Scrapbook
Secrets and sacrifices

Wheel of the world

2.3K 37 3
De MyCarnivalRide

❗️𝗧𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗴𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴❗️
𝗠𝗲𝗻𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝗱𝗼𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗰 𝘃𝗼𝗶𝗹𝗲𝗻𝗰𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗰𝗮𝗿𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗲

                        ***

"Jessie, Jessie snap out of it!" Amelia yelled, the patient was unconscious or she would have taken her outside the room or just drag her out if necessary.

"What? What, sorry I just spaced out for a minute."

"You're a Doctor now! You can't be spacing out or daring off or any of that!"

"You're right, I'm sorry."

"What is so triggering about this for you? I never knew you and her mom was close back in New York."

"We were, but me and Michelle lost touch about a year before I left, and..." she swallowed thickly. "I was working a late shift at a restaurant a couple of weeks later and I got a call from her mom that she died, I've never been able to fully live with myself after that because I never even said goodbye to her before I abandoned my entire life."

"Jessie," Amelia said sympathetically leading her out of the room, she tried to continue talking but Jessie interrupted her.

"What happened to her? I'm not going to let her die too!"

"I don't know if it's a good idea for you to be on this case, I would have chosen someone else if I'd known any of this."

"Dr. Shepherd In all due respect, what are you talking about! my mother delivered all of my nieces and nephews even though all dad's sisters were just as much hers if not more!"

"That's different, that wasn't a medical emergency, and none of them was a ticking time bomb."

"What happened to her!"

"She was hit by a car and there was a major impact."

"Oh my gosh!"

Jessie's pager went off and she rolled her eyes, "I still want to be on this case and I will be back."

Amelia just Syed, her niece really did have a lot to learn.

She looked at her pager and noticed it was from Alex Karev, she was seriously going to kill him if he paged her in the middle of residents rush hour just for sex, when she got there she noticed him and Jackson, standing next to a female patient who was hysterically crying. "What is going on?" she asked a mix of confusion and worry in her voice.

Jessie was unaware of the fact that today was the day all the residents were supposed to run to ER without the help from an attending until and unless it was time for surgery.

"She was beaten really badly and thrown down the stairs, she won't let me touch her and keeps asking for a girl, haven't you heard? all the residents are supposed to run the er today and just our luck everyone else is busy."

"did you try paging Dr. Montgomery," she replied running over to the distraught woman trying to comfort her.

"dude, I said nobody else was available! besides, I don't think your mother came in today, and we're supposed to handle it ourselves until the surgery is needed."

Jackson nodded. I didn't see her either."

"You don't need to refer to her as my mother."

"Whatever."

she rolled her eyes at him and turned her attention towards the patient. "Ma'am, is it ok if I take a look at you?"

She silently nodded.

"Can I have your name?" she asked after examining her.

"I... I'm pregnant." the woman stuttered.

Jessie's face went blank for a moment and Alex ran to get an ultrasound.

"How far along are you?"

"About 6 weeks."

"Are you having any pain?"

"not really just a little cramping, I've had that for days though."

She looked over to Jackson and her heart began racing as she thought about what was probably the case, she hardly had any OB experience considering she wasn't usually on Addison's service. Alex came back with an ultrasound machine a few minutes later, Jessie quickly placed the cold jelly on the probe and began moving it around the women's abdomen. A rush of panic came over her as she realized what was happening.

"What is it?" Alex asked noticing her worried expression.

"What's wrong!?" the women cried.

"Call my mother now!"

"Wait, but how did you-"

"Now!"

"I'm so sorry ma'am, but you're having a miscarriage and it looks like your uterus is about to rupture, we need to get you into surgery ASAP."

"The women began crying a much sadder cry and Jessie comforted her while Alex tried to get ahold of Addison, after the third try she finally picked up.

"Karev? why are you calling me," she asked confused.

"Look, we don't have a lot of time! I have a patient having a miscarriage whose uterus is minutes away from rupturing!"

"Ok, calm down. is any of the OB residents available? My child is sick and won't stop puking, I can't go to work because her nanny is on vacation and my dumb ass ex-husband won't take one day off to take care of her because he's avoiding me for whatever reason."

"What is she saying?" Jessie asked.

"She can't come." he Syed. "your little sister is sick, nanny's out of town and your dad's being an ass and won't take the day off to help."

"give me the phone!"

"Dr. Montgomery I'm giving Jessie the phone."

"Hello?"

"Mom you have to get over here! I don't trust anyone else! This woman needs you, I need you!" she yelled.

"Honey, I can't! Your sister is sick, I can't just leave her by herself."

"I will come to take care of her."

"What?"

"I will come to take care of her! just get here ASAP, please!"

"Ok, stay calm I'm coming."

"Is she coming?"

"I have to go get puked on for the rest of the day."

"Huh?"

"What?"

"Yes! now I have to go!"

"Where are you going?" Alex and Jackson both said in unison.

                  ***

Addison asked the teenager who lived a couple of apartments down from her to watch Destiny for a few minutes, she explained that her older daughter would be there in a few minutes, and also said she would pay her because she knew how teens could be.

                  ***

"she's losing consciousness!" Jackson yelled."

"We need to get her to the OR now!"

"Can we even do that!"

"We need to prep her and get everything ready, if we don't she'll be dead by the time Montgomery gets here."

Jackson nodded and they quickly booked an OR, yeah it was against the rules, but everybody broke the rules here and what other choice did they have?

They knew they'd have a scrub nurse and anesthesiologist but they needed more help, luckily they ran into Meredith, April, and Mark who had just got done with a surgery. Both Meredith and April were on plastics today.

"What are you guys doing?" Meredith asked.

"Waiting for Dr. Montgomery, we have to get her to an OR now, there's no time to wait to take her up until she gets here."

They all agreed to help and they quickly made it to the OR. Minutes later Addison arrived and was confused when the patient's room she was paged to was completely empty, with no bed or anything.

Her pager went off again and this time it was from the OR. She was extremely confused and honestly afraid maybe Alex overestimated himself and was trying to do the Surgery without an attending. She quickly made her way to the OR to find Alex, Jackson, Meredith, April, and Mark, all watching the patient closely who was already prepped for surgery.

" what is going on here?" She asked.

"There wasn't any time to wait."

Mark scrubbed out while Meredith and April decided to stay in case more hands became needed.

"10 blade"

"That's a lot of blood," Jackson said.

"Yeah it is, do you mind not announcing it?"

"crap, she's crashing!"

"Charge to 300!... Clear!"

"No pulse."

"Charge to 350!"... Clear!"

"Still no pulse."

"Charge to 360!"... Clear!"

"Sinus bradycardia."

"She's bleeding so much I can't even get the fetus out."

"She's extremely hypotensive."

"Dammit!"

Addison called the time of death a few minutes later.

They all walked out into the waiting room to find a young man starring at an ultrasound picture."

"Is that her husband or something?"

"We don't know, she didn't have a name."

"excuse me, sir, can we help you with something?"

"I'm looking for my girlfriend, Teanna Jennings! she's pregnant about six weeks, light red curly hair and green eyes."

Just then Alex's blood began boiling, this was the guy who killed her and their baby."

"You have no right to be here!"

"What?"

"Your girlfriend is dead, so is your baby! You beat the crap out of a pregnant woman then threw her downs the stairs, what did you think was going to happen!"

"Dr. Karev," Addison said sternly.

"No! If you weren't trying to kill her, what were you trying to do!? Men like you deserve to rot in hell."

"She hit me first and I just snapped, I didn't know my own strength! I never meant to hurt her!"

before anyone knew what was about to happen Alex punched him in the face, he would have gone for more if it wasn't for Addison and Jackson holding him back, and then Meredith practically dragging him out of the waiting room.

"What the hell was that! I thought you grew up!"

"That dumb ass deserved it!"

"It doesn't matter if he deserved it! do you want to end your career?"

                   ***

Meanwhile, Jessie had just put Destiny down for a nap, on the couch though so she could keep a close eye on her. She hadn't thrown up in a couple of hours and things were going ok at the moment. It was weird for her to be taking care of the sister she never knew about for so long though, she had been living in Seattle for a while but never spent time with her and now she felt kind of guilty for it. She had never noticed how much she looked like her, they were both the perfect mix of both their parent's except they both had their Aunt Nancy's brown eyes.

Destiny soon began waking up and seemed a little confused.

"Hey sweetie, you ok?"

"Yeah, I feel a little bettaw! Can I have some juice?"

"Hmm, let's ask your tummy if it feels up to some juice," she replied tickling her stomach earning a laugh from the toddler.

"Jwessie, can I ask you something?"

"of course you can, what's up?"

"If you're my big sistwah, how come mommy and daddy never told me about you?"

Her heart sank at that question not knowing how to answer such an innocent question when there was no innocent answer.

"Can I tell you a secret?"

"oh yes! I am a good secret keeper!"

"Mommy and daddy didn't tell me about you either, do you want to know why?"

"Why?"

"Because they wanted you to be a surprise when I came back from college!"

"Was I a supwise?"

"A really big one!"

"Jwessie, can I tell you a secwet too?"

"Of course sweetie!"

"I know we just met today, but will you be my bwest fwend?"

She teared up hearing those words. "That's exactly what sisters are for."

"Are you a doctwah too? Is that why you're wearing scwubs just like mommy and daddy?"

"Yes I am a doctor too." she laughed.

"Why are your scwubs not dark bwue like mommy and daddy's?" Destiny asked curiously

"Well, I'm still in training. I will get the dark blue scrubs once I become a big girl doctor," she explained smiling.

                        ***

"Have seen Dr. Shepherd?" Amelia questioned pacing around the hospital.

"Uh, I think he's in the OR."

"Dr. Kepner, I am a fellow, I am perfectly capable of handling things myself, I'm talking about Dr. Montgomery Shepherd, I forget the Montgomery one time and suddenly everyone thinks I'm talking about my brother."

"I wasn't implying that you weren't capable of anything, I only thought you were talking about Derek because I assumed you knew Dr. Montgomery Shepherd left a little bit ago."

"What do you mean she left?"

"Dr. Avery told me something about having to go get puked on, I think he said more but I honestly wasn't paying attention. I'm still being stalked and there have been multiple times I've opened my door thinking it was the pizza delivery guy and it was just a freaking creep that lives down the hall! I barely sleep anymore."

"Dr. Kepner I honestly couldn't care less about your personal life," she said dryly. I just need to know where the heck my Intern is!"

"I'm sorry I really don't know, I have to go check on some post-op patients I wish I could be of more help."

"Seriously you residents are more useless than med students sometimes!" she yelled as April walked off. Amelia decided to just call her, she had already pretty much searched the whole hospital, she obviously wasn't there.

"Jessica Renee Montgomery Shepherd where the hell is you!?"

"Um, why are you talking to me like you're my mother?"

"Because  you freaking left the hospital in the middle of a shift!" she spat.

" I called the chief on my way out, he was fine with it! it was for good reason."

"Are you not remembering anything?"

"What are you?... she paused. Oh my gosh, oh my gosh! how could I forget!"

"Jessie breath! I wasn't going to let you back on the case anyway but I was going to keep you updated on how she's doing obviously, she's still alive but she has a massive concussion, opening her up right now would be extremely risky but if her ICP increases anymore I'm going to have to. Now, are you going to tell me why you're acting so weird?"

" I think I'm going to throw up! It's a good thing Destiny is sleeping right now, I'm a horrible doctor how could I do this!"

"Destiny? What are you talking about! How are you with Destiny?"

"A patient was having a miscarriage and her uterus was about to rupture, all the OB residents weren't trained enough to do the surgery, so I called mom and asked her to come in and I said I'd go watch Destiny.

"Ugh yeah, I don't know what's going on with your dad lately. He's been avoiding your mother all week and just acting strange anytime she's around, I have no idea what's up with him." Amelia rolled her eyes.

"I just got a text from Alex, the patient I was telling you about died."

"I'm sorry Jessie."

"I'm a horrible human being! This is probably my fault for not calling my mom soon enough! We're not running when he paged me because I thought he just wanted sex, and now Carrie is probably going to die too! How the hell am I supposed to live with myself?"

"This isn't your fault." Amelia tried to reassure her.

"Yes, it is! I never even fully dealt what what happened to Michelle, how am I supposed to even look in the mirror?"

"Jessie you need to suck it up! This is only the beginning, If you're seriously going to hate yourself and want to quit anytime you make a mistake or forget something I'm sorry to break it to you but you're never going to succeed! Now stop feeling sorry for yourself and accept that things like this will happen! But if you keep going and accept the defeat, eventually all your mistakes will be worth it, one day when you tell the most terrified and broken human that you were able to save the life of the person who means most to them and you see their broken eyes light up and  their fear turns to relief, you'll realize why you kept going, and yes you'll still make mistakes and sometimes you'll feel like a murderer, but you have to take the good with the bad and keep moving forward."

"I guess you're right , I need to stop being so insecure ugh! I haven't really told anyone this, but I guess I never fully stopped blaming myself for what happened with mom and dad's marriage, I guess I subconsciously carry that with me and don't act as mature and I should when It comes to dealing with patient's."

"Why on earth would you blame yourself for that? Your dad became a workaholic and your mom, well she has cheating in her blood, that doesn't excuse was she did but it was bound to happen regardless, they were very in love at one point but they just weren't meant to stay together and that's ok."

"How were you able to forgive mom for betraying her family like that?"

Amelia smiled. "She's always been a better sister to me than any of my own, I guess I just did."... "I gotta go, I love you Jessie Messy."

"Love you too."

"Where's daddy?" Destiny said coming out of her room.

"Hey, sleepy head! How are you feeling?"

"I want daddy!"

                                                          🫀🫀🫀
𝗔/𝗘: 𝗛𝘆 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆! 𝗵𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀𝗻'𝘁 𝘁𝗼𝗼 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝘃𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝗰𝗲 𝗯𝘂𝘁 𝗮𝘀 𝗮𝗹𝘄𝗮𝘆𝘀, 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗸𝘀 𝘀𝗼 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗿𝗲𝗰𝗶𝗮𝘁𝗲 𝗮𝗹𝗹 𝗼𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂!

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

5.1K 278 10
IN WHICH, Gabriella Castellanos finds herself caught in the clutches of Seattle Grace Hospital during her intern year where she makes friends, foes a...
316K 6.8K 145
Ava Shepherd is the youngest Shepherd. Like all her siblings she is on her way to becoming an extraordinary surgeon but being the youngest didn't hol...
92.8K 3.7K 39
Part 1 of Where We Might End Up Series A familiar face from Derek and Mark's past arrives at Seattle Grace Hospital - a former student, a brother, an...
1.6M 27.9K 156
Fresh from a divorce from Plastic Surgeon Mark Sloan, Sky Rivers finds a new start at Seattle Grace Memorial Hospital. But the past eventually catche...