You, Me and Ours

By ThatGirlNC

All it takes is one night for your life to change. A man, a woman and a vibe will lead to something more than... More

CHARACTERS
A night to remember
Positive+
The Guys
Life Line
Studio Sessions
Restaurant Surprises
Reality Check-Up
Dinner Chronicles
Album Release
Attitude Check
Baby Father
Character Homes Part 1:
Character's Homes Part 2:
Flutters
Celebrating Papa
Past meets present
Photoshoots✨
Claimed
Anger Issues
Oh Baby❓
LA
Additional Characters✨
Atlanta, GA
LA Nights✨
The Black's Baby Shower
Blast of the Past💥
Thanksgiving🦃
L.A👼🏾
Unc Unc😝
🎄❤️
Refinery Rooftop🏙
NYE🍾✨
Miami, FL🌴
Update🌝
Back At It💫
Hookah Longe💨
Lover's Day❤️‍🔥
Come Back💔
Juicy Crab🦀
A/N😅
Domino Effect⚡️
Book 2🥰

Brooklyn Bridge

2.4K 106 25
By ThatGirlNC

Sitting in my office, I go through all of my emails checking all my paid sponsorship opportunities and the reviews on the House of Jade website. The business is something I take very seriously and everyone who works here knows that so the customer service provided here must be top notch. Without our customers, the parlour wouldn't be popping like it is so the least we can do is make sure our customers get the best service while they're here.

Someone knocking on my door makes me look up from my laptop as Mia walks in with Yosohn making me stand up to go get him; "Hey chubbs" I shout while kissing all over his face as he laughs from my assault. "I know you see me standing here hoe" Mia says while nudging shoulder before pulling me into a hug; "Hey bestie, how was the album release?" I ask as we sit by the couch in my office while Yosohn pulls on my necklace; "Girl, I know you said to leave that rat-faced nigga alone but he be trying me" she exclaims letting out a huff.

Giving her my full attention, I ask "What happened now Mia?" knowing she probably said something I told her not to; "Don't look at me like that, he came for me and you know I don't do that disrespectful shit. This nigga comes up to us, smiling in my face like we friends but I ain't say nothing cause I didn't wanna ruin my man's night." Smirking I stop her by lifting my hand up, "Your man?" I ask earning an eye roll from Mia as I let out a soft chuckle; "That's all you got from my rant? Yes, my man, East blocked in whether he like it or not, the fuck."

"Anyways, so right before he leaves, he comes to say bye to East and I but you know I can't pretend to like someone for a long time." Knowing where this conversation was leading, I release a sigh before asking her "What did you say?" causing her to send me sheepish grin;"Girl I read the fuck out of him, told him bout himself and all. I let him know that we're best friends and I didn't appreciate how he treated the both of you and the situation."

Mia is very protective of her friends and family so once she feels or thinks someone is disrespecting them in any way, she will let it be known. She can only bite her tongue for so long but if you come for her then it's a wrap, Mia becomes ruthless with her words and no one can stop her once she's reached that point. I know seeing my reaction and how I dealt with the situation caused her to take a defensive stance around Reign; "Mia it's okay, I know you didn't mean any harm, if he decides to talk to me about it then it's fine."

Letting out a breath, she smiles at me "Great cause he's coming here in about 2 hours so you guys can go for lunch to talk" she says causing a shocked expression to slip onto my face, "When did you talk to him about this Mia?" I ask in an irritated tone. "You better calm down, he called me through East's phone and I told him you would be here all day. This isn't just about you anymore so stop being childish" Mia replies before calling Zo into my office.

"Y'all will never believe what happened to me today" Mia says in an aggravated tone causing Zo and I to look at each other before Zo says "Girl we don't know just tell us." I adjust Yosohn who is slobbering on my top as his little eyes close falling asleep, "So after the album release, I posted a picture of myself using a song on the album as my caption and I also posted Dave's hand on my story" Mia explains as Zo and I smile at each other.

"Better claim your man baby" I say hyping her up cause us all to laugh; "Girl you already know Imma claim what's mine. Anyway, tell me why when I opened Instagram, I'm all over The Shaderoom after Easton's messy baby momma showed her ass. I've been ignoring him cause I don't need all this drama, I'm a whole mother I ain't got time for this." Understanding why she feels some type of way, after all the shit she went through with Herb she has every right to guard her peace; "Damn that's crazy, at least hear him out Mia" Zo says while she shakes head dismissively before talking about the new shop's opening premier.

After sitting in my car for a bit, I decide to walk into the parlour after realising it's now or never, opening the door I approach the receptionist "Good afternoon, I'm here to see Amara. She knows that I'm coming" I say. She looks up at me before giving me a friendly smile; "Good Afternoon sir, just let me contact her but in the meantime you can take a seat by the couches. Thank you" the receptionist tells me, causing me to take a seat. Hearing someone approach the front as I scroll through my phone, I look up seeing Amara walking towards me in a bodysuit that shows off her figure but emphasises the little bump she's sporting.

Glowing doesn't adequately describe the way her skin is looking as she talks to the receptionist before our eyes lock, standing up and approaching her, I wait for her to finish off her conversation. "Hie Amara, you look really good" I say as she stands before me; "Hello Reign and thank you, shall we go?" she says in a voice void of any emotion. Sighing I open the door for her as everyone in the parlour looks at us in curiosity, leading her to my car before opening the door for her.

"Do you have anything in particular you would like to eat" I ask her as we pull out the parking lot; feeling her look at me she bites her bottom lip before replying "I've been craving seafood." Deciding that we should eat at Red Lobster, I turn down the volume as we approach a red light before turning to her and asking "How have you really been Amara?"; seeing her frown I can tell she's about to go off "Reign don't patronise me, acting like you really care because if you did then you would've stuck around" she says rolling her eyes clearly irritated. Not wanting to make her angry or start an argument with her, I just nod before increasing the volume as we drive towards our destination.

The waitress leaves right after we place our orders, "So Mia said you wanted to talk" Amara says while looking at me as she talks a sip from her drink; "Firstly I would like to apologise to you for not only talking to you disrespectfully but also leaving you at a time when you needed me. Denying the baby was a bitch move on my part and I'm really sorry for that. I know I can't make up for the time I've lost, cause clearly the baby has been growing without me meaning you've been to appointment without me. You may not believe me, but I'm really sorry Amara."

I watch as she takes a deep breath before looking at the table, avoiding all eye contact with me "When I told you that day, I was so scared; scared of how you would react, scared of becoming a mom, scared of becoming another statistic.
I reassured myself you know, tried to believe that you would be different than the average black man, own up to your mistakes at least but boy was I wrong. After you said what you said then left, I sat at that table as two of my fears became realities, coming to terms with the fact that I would have to be a single parent as if I made this baby by myself. But what tore me apart is the fact that you thought I would trap you with a baby that isn't even yours, do you think that lowly of me?"

Watching as a lone tear hit the table as her hand wiped the rest that were rolling down her cheeks, I knew I had hurt her more than I had perceived; so much for being different than my parents. Reaching over, I grab the one hand that was left on the table "Look at me" I say in a gentle voice to which she shakes her head; "Amara look at me" I say affirmatively causing my eyes to meet her glossy ones.

"I know this is cliché but believe me when I say it wasn't you, it was me. Being a parent is not something I had ever aspired for, if anything I wanted to live the rest of my life by myself with no kids and no wife. Seeing that little figure on the ultrasound picture scared me to my core, I didn't want to believe you. I will continue to apologise to you until you ask me to stop, you have to believe that I never meant to hurt you Amara" I say just as the waiter brings our food breaking the ambiance.

"My dad and my brothers really don't like you" she tells me as she laughs while we eat some ice-cream from an ice cream truck parked right in front of Brooklyn Bridge Park; "I wouldn't like me either" I say while chuckling. We walk through the park while eating our ice-cream and enjoying each other's company. "I'm about 13 and a half-weeks along, right at the beginning of my first semester. I'm still getting morning sickness, I mean it's not as bad as before but it happens at any time during the day."

"The faintest scent or slightest test can set it off so I've been sticking to the foods that lil baby has been liking so far. As you can see, the baby is obviously growing, I started showing right at the end of my first semester. I've been craving anything with caramel, soulfood and seafood so those are my guilty pleasures" she says randomly during our walk. This causes me to smile, knowing that we're making progress even if it took some time because my dumb ass, we're getting somewhere.

Deciding that she at least deserves an explanation as to why I reacted the way I did after hearing about the pregnancy, I grab her hand and pull her to a bench that overlooks the river. "What I'm about to tell you is not so that you feel sorry for me but more so that you understand I reacted that way. These aren't excuses okay?" I say running to look at her as she looks up at me before nodding her head. "Back when I was in college I met a girl named Isabella, at that point in time I was going through a lot so I lashed out becoming the school's player."

"I never had a girlfriend but every weekend a girl was sneaking out of our family home; disgusting I know but it was my coping mechanism. Isabella changed that, she came in when I needed someone the most, she didn't fall for my charm; she was definitely out of my league. But still I continued to shoot my shot until one day she agreed to go on a date with me, I was so excited cause I finally had a chance with a girl I really liked." I explain with a faint smile on my lips.

"From that day on we were inseparable, our friendship turned into romance and we just grew together. But when college days came, she wanted to leave New York but I was too rooted to my city that I decided to stay here while she went to Miami. We continued with our relationship even though long distance was a bitch and not seeing her everyday made me sad; we both loved each other too much to leave. The two years ago, she surprised me on my graduation day by flying all the way from Miami to New York to spend the night with me."

"We spent the weekend together and about two weeks after she left, I got a call from her, she was really happy but I couldn't figure out why; she was pregnant. Even though I couldn't see myself as a dad, I stepped for her and the baby, moved all the way to Miami so that I wouldn't miss a thing, Doctor's appointments, first kick, gender reveal, baby shower, room decorating, baby shopping even Lamaze classes; I was there for everything. I loved that little boy before I met but the day he was born my world came crashing down, she told me he wasn't mine, the baby I had spent 9 months waiting and working for wasn't even mine."

Wiping my eyes that held tears that I refused to shed, "That's why I couldn't believe that you were pregnant, I refused to feel that heartbreak for a second time. It was never anything against you Amara, I was just scared but I know this is different; we're different. I'm really sorry" I say whilst looking at her.

She slips her hand into mine squeezing it reassuringly before saying "28 May, I have an appointment on the 28th of May and I would like for you to come."                       

              📷INSTAGRAM POSTS:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2K 124 21
"If you love me, you won't leave me." Jessie has believed those words from her boyfriend, Josh, since senior year of high school. She loves him and d...
8.2K 994 18
"One night, one touch, your eyes, and I was riveted." Jay Ashford worked hard to get where he is-on stage as a rhythm guitarist with the mega-famous...
106 0 24
"Life is like a sketchbook. There's a beginning and an end. When you start, your drawings will start simple but become more detailed over time. Some...
23 0 13
In the heart of a bustling city, amidst the whirlwind of second chances and simmering revenge, lies the story of Reign Noelle Wales, a woman with an...