Burn For You

By cassidyweller1234

You're a hopeful and ambitious young actor full of a passion as you enter the acting scene in New York City... More

Chapter 1: The Night Before
Chapter 2: The Lights
Chapter 3: Backstage
Chapter 4: The Thoughts
Chapter 5: New Beginnings
Chapter 7: Alone Time
Chapter 8: Callbacks
Chapter 9: Breaking The Tension
Chapter 10: Plans
Chapter 11: First Day
Chapter 12: Stress Relief
Chapter 13: Stress Relief Pt 2.
Chapter 14: A Flame
Chapter 15: Practice Makes Perfect
Chapter 16: The Meeting
AUTHORS NOTE

Chapter 6: The Interview

117 6 12
By cassidyweller1234

     Washing up and putting a bit of makeup on, you thought about how perfect this job might be. You used to help your mom clean houses when your family was having trouble financially. You thought yourself a hard worker so hopefully she would like you enough to hire you.

     Slipping on your favorite blue dress, putting your hair in a messy bun, and putting on your black flats, you grabbed your bag and the address from the table.

   You stopped to look in the mirror. You only had a bit of mascara and some lips tint on. You'd always felt confident with little to no makeup on. Some guys even like when girls don't wear makeup. Maybe you'd be able to find a boyfriend here in New York. It might even take your mind off of Charlie.

    You locked the door behind you and checked your watch to see you had 15 minutes to be there. Plenty of time. Nicole lived only 10 minutes away so you hailed a taxi and were on your way.

    After paying the driver, you got out and looked up at the apartment building. It was pretty nice. Definitely nicer than yours. Outside were full bushes and stone steps leading up to the front door.

Walking up them, you were wondered how much she would pay and if her and her husband would like you.

   You pressed the elevator door button and took it up to the 3rd floor where Nicole lived.

   Reaching her level, you exited and walked across the carpeted hallway until you got to her apartment.

  The door was a deep red and had a tiny wreath made out of macaroni on it. It seemed like a child had made it. You smiled, finding this adorable. 

Knocking three times on the door,  you waited with your hands behind your back.

Eventually you heard a womans voice say "Just a moment."

  You recognized it as Nicole's.

  Another moment passed and you heard the door click. It opened to the one of the most beautiful women you've ever seen. Her short reddish hair perfectly styled, a dress shirt tucked into her tan pants and a smile on her face.

"Hi, you must be Y/N!" she said cheerfully, reaching out to shake your hand.

You shook her hand with a smile on your face and said

"And you must be, Nicole."

  She opened the door wider and motioned for you to come in

"Please, come in. My husband is just finishing up some work in his office, he will be right out. Henry!" she called

  You turned in the direction in which she called to see a young boy maybe around the age of 8 running toward her for a hug.

You smiled down at him as Nicole introduced him.

"Henry, this is Y/N. Y/N this is my son Henry" she said with a proud look on her face.

  He didn't seem to be shy like most kids his age. You babysat a lot back home.

You smiled at him and squatted down to get to his level. Although you were very short, you werent that short.

"Hi Henry. Its nice to meet you." you said to him.

You looked at his shirt and tried to make your best excited face.

"Oh my is that a Ninja?" you asked

He seemed happy that you were interested in what he was and he said

"Yes I want to be one for halloween! They are the coolest"

You nodded

"I totally agree. Super cool." you said.

You stood up and saw Nicole smiling at you and Henry.

"Okay Henry, you can go play again. I just wanted you to meet, Y/N." Nicole said happily.

"it was nice to meet you Henry!" you called after him.

He smiled and waved as he disappeared to go play in his room.

You noticed Nicole looking at her watch, a look of annoyance clear on her face.

"Im sorry my husband should be done by now, one second" she said as she walked back into the bedrooom area.

   You could'nt hear them but you could imagine she was asking him to come out.

   Looking around the apartment you thought they must be the happiest little family. Henry's artwork eveywhere, toys all about, not many pictures of the family but you thought they must be in the bedrooms.

   Lost in thought, you almost didn't notice when Nicole walked out with her husband following behind her. Looking over to the hall way, your heart stopped.

It was Charlie.

He was typing something on his phone, not paying attention until he got to the living room and saw you.

This cant be happening, he thought.

Heart doing double time, you made direct eye contact with Charlie.

   He was wearing sweatpants and a sweater, bare foot. He looked so comfortable but still so breathtakingly handsome.

   You had one a pretty blue dress and your hair up away from your face. His pulse quickened as he took in the sight of you.

So beautiful, he thought to himself.

The way little strands of hair shaped your face was so adorable.

He could imagine himself tucking a strand behind your ear as he kissed you.

No.

His wife was right fucking there.

You were pulled from your thoughts when you heard Nicole introduce him.

"Y/N, this is my husband Charlie." she said.

You swallowed hard. You didn't know what to say, you froze.

Seeing the hesitation, Charlie chimed in

"Y/N? Oh my gosh what a coincidence" he said cheerfully, trying to hide the panic he was feeling.

Nicole raised an eyebrow, a small smile still on her face.

"Do you know eachother?" she asked

You were brought back by her question.

"Sort of." you said "I actually just auditioned for the new play your husband is directing."

Her smile got wider, excited at the news. Your heart sunk even deeper. Her smile was stunning. She could be a model if she wanted. You were mediocre next to her.

But Charlie wasn't looking at his wife.

Your beauty was the only thing that had his attention.

You agreed with her when she said that she hoped you got the role and she was excited to see you act sometime. She was an actress herself.

"So lets get down to business." she said gathering herself.

You nodded, trying to focus on her and not the dick inprint on Charlie's sweatpants.

Nicole went on to talk about expectations and times. You were taking notes as best as you could.

"So do Wednesdays work?" she asked

You nodded

"Yeah that should be fine"  you said.

Nicole smiled again and looked over at Charlie.

"We are just so busy and the cleaning gets away from us sometimes" she said apologetically

You shook your head

"You don't need to explain, I completely understand how it can be. My mom and I used to clean houses together and each family had plenty of different reasons. Theres no need to feel ashamed to ask for help" you said with a small smile.

Nicole gave you a grateful look and smiled at you.

Your gaze moved right, landing on Charlie for a quick moment. He seemed to be admiring you. Maybe it was just the same look his wife was giving you, you told yourself.

  Your thoughtful comment made Charlie's heart melt. You were so sweet and humble. And that little smile you gave when you're trying to understand someone else's situation made him feel things.

You seemed to empathetic and Charlie adored that. He looked over to his wife, a pang of guilt coming over him.

He was always so nervous and excited at the thought or sight of you,. It was like he was in high school again. He didn't feel that way for his wife and maybe he never had.

   Charlie watched as you and Nicole continued to chat.

He would catch you glancing over at him occasionally. This confused him.

Why were you always looking at him like that? It wasn't just an ordinary glance, you were interested.

Could it be that you felt the same ache for him as he did for you?

There's no way. He's an old man compared to you and he wasn't much to look at either.

But there was no denying the look you gave him had some meaning behind it. He just needed to find out what.

  You and Nicole finished up and you said your goodbyes to them both. Closing the door behind you you let out a sigh. You had just been in Charlie Barber's home.
Where he slept and ate and... showered.

Since when had you become so infatuated?

And with a married man at that.

Your mind was busy as you went to press the elveator button. Before the doors could open you heard your name being called. It was Charlie.

"Y/N wait one second." he called after you calmly.

You turned to see him, still in his comfy clothes and still looking completely fuckable.

"Yes?" you said, meeting his gaze.

God he was tall. You had to look up like a little puppy to even see his face.

"I just wanted to thank you for helping us out here. Its going to be a big help. And I don't want things to be awkward because you may be working for me in the theatre and in my.."

  He looked at you. Truly looked at you. Your pretty eyes fixated on his face as he spoke, standing patiently and completely attentve to only him. He managed to continue

"...home." he finished.

  You blushed. It was evident his mind was somewhere else and you could feel his gaze on you. He wasn't just talking to you he was looking at you too.

Really looking.

You felt warm.

"Not at all. It wont be awkward at all unless we make it that way." you said shyly.

Charlie nodded in agreement. He noticed a strand of hair out of place and he couldn't help himself.

Before he could think about his actions he was bringing his hand up to tuck the hair behind your ear gently.

Your cheeks were bright red and you watched his hand as it moved to your face. You let out a quiet sigh.

"I'm sorry, it was just... out of place." he said in a hushed tone.

You suddenly found the floor incredibly interesting.

You mumbled something.

"What was that?" Charlie asked curiously.

"T-thank you, sir" you said a bit louder.

It took everything in him not to groan.

Sir.

He found himself lost in your gaze, which was now returned to him. He could feel himself so close to reaching out, grabbing your face, and kissing you.

You looked so touch hungry.

He cleared his throat, remembering his situation. He needed to stop this before it got out of hand.

"Thank you again." he said "Have a good rest of your day and drive safe."

You nodded, unable to think of anything else to say. Pressing the elevator button again, desire still coursing through your veins, you headed home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

31.5K 100 11
The characters will have some emotion other than lust or pure desire. Not here to make you cum or bone you, I'm a writer, not a pervert. Will have s...
306K 7K 28
You're an aspiring director who just moved to New York City. You are inexperienced and eager and thrilled to get an internship with Charlie Barber's...
53K 1.2K 37
Sebastian Stan x reader *slow burn, smut* You move from a small country in Europe to New York. You needed to start over. you immediately find someon...
200K 6K 50
Charlie Barber x Reader 18+ only. New cover, same story! "He didn't rush this time. His movements were gentle and deliberate. Like you were a delicat...