Stay with Me | Hermione Grang...

By allthebeststories

Hermione and Ellie's epic love story comes to a close with this final book of the Look at Me series! As Ellie... More

Cast
Author's Note
Obliviate
The Eight Potters
Saint-Like
Wedding
Kreacher
Infiltrating the Ministry
Close Encounter
Ron
O Children
Ice
Godric's Hollow
The Forest of Dean
Xenophilius
Invitation
Malfoy Manor
They're Listening
Dinner at the Manor
Danger
The Truth
Torture
Traitor
Sunlight
Big Heart
Theory
Wizard's Chess
Breaking Into Gringotts
Aberforth
Formulating a Plan
Destroying the Cup
Witness
Rivers and Footsteps
Endless Embraces
We Won
Epilogue: Part 1
Epilogue: Part 2

Finish the Job

9.4K 406 1.2K
By allthebeststories

Not too long after the break of dawn, the sound of a hundred marching footsteps echoed across the bridge. Hermione looked to Ellie shared a puzzled look as they immediately rushed out of the Great Hall. Together, they linked their hands as they made their way to the courtyard.

The lovers and Ron followed after Neville, Ginny, and Arthur, who preceded McGonagall. Voldemort stood in front while a weeping Hagrid held a limp body. A piercing scream of anger and denial came from McGonagall, and it was nothing anyone would have ever imagined. A mocking laughter came from the other side, and Ellie recognized it to belong to Bellatrix.

"Harry Potter... is dead!" Voldemort boomed triumphantly.

Ginny rushed forward with an earsplitting shriek, but Arthur held her back. Ron, Hermione, and Ellie all let out agonizing screams, louder and more painful than Ginny's or McGonagall's. The remaining survivors that had formed behind Harry's friends started to scream in protest as they berated the Death Eaters.

"Silence!"

Ellie whimpered as she attempted to suppress her wail, with Hermione and Ron joining in. Though she trembled with despair, Hermione squeezed Ellie's hand in attempt to comfort her.

"Stupid girl," Voldemort spat as he stepped forward. "Harry Potter is dead. From this day forth, you put your faith... in me."

"Harry Potter is dead!" he announced once more, turning to his Death Eaters.

They cackled and roared as they mocked his death, jeering at the battered students.

"And now is the time to declare yourself. Come forward and join us... or die," Voldemort sneered as he outstretched his arms.

Ellie's father stepped out from the crowd of Death Eaters, and Voldemort stepped aside. He looked awful as dark circles surrounded under his eyes. He appeared emotionally and physically beaten, with an almost desperate expression.

"Ellie," he called out, his voice echoing loudly.

The students whispered among themselves, looking at Ellie fearfully. It was the first time anyone other than those at the manor had seen Ellie's father, bewildered at the idea that his spawn was a Hufflepuff.

"Come. Be with your father," Steven continued.

Hermione looked to her girlfriend, squeezing her hand tightly as her eyes silently pleaded for her to stay.

Ellie recalled his request for his trust earlier that morning. Now conflicted, she stood perfectly still as her eyes flickered to the sickening grins of the other Death Eaters.

"Now... please," Steven pleaded, gulping as Voldemort stared him down.

Ellie's foot stepped forward, seeming to have a mind of its own, earning a gasp from her side. Hermione only gripped her girlfriend's hand tighter as she attempted to pull her backwards.

A lighter pair of footsteps approached Ellie's side while a heavier pair followed. Ellie turned her head to see who it was, and her face softened.

"Mom," Ellie greeted softly.

Amelia cupped her daughter's face lovingly as she turned to the man she once knew. She returned a scowl on her face as the two parents faced off.

"I will do whatever it takes to keep my daughter safe," Amelia told Steven coldly, remembering the words she had said to him almost eighteen years ago. "And her future doesn't include you."

There was a deafening silence as both sides listened intently, astonished at the events that were unfolding. Steven stayed quiet, unsure of how to respond.

"All will be... forgiven, and I don't give second chances," Voldemort spoke.

From next to Amelia spoke another familiar figure, and he turned to Ellie with a grave look.

"He'll kill you," he warned.

"He's an old friend," Amelia explained quietly. "I've asked him to keep an eye on you, and he was the one who told me of your quest."

Aberforth nodded in agreement as he narrowed his eyes at the opposing side.

Ellie took another step forward, letting go of Hermione's hand, loud gasps escaping her friends' mouths.

"No," Ellie announced firmly as she stared her father down. "I won't be going with you."

A string of loud protests came from the Death Eaters as Steven looked at his daughter disappointedly. It was hushed by Voldemort, and another voice spoke from their side.

"Draco," Lucius called. "Draco..."

The survivors looked at the blonde as they anticipated his next move.

"Draco," Narcissa repeated. "Come."

His face softened at his mother's words, but he didn't budge. Instead, he looked at Ellie for help, pleading for guidance.

"It's your choice," Ellie whispered. "This is your chance."

Draco nodded in acknowledgement before he turned back to his parents. He paused for a moment, sending an apologetic look to Narcissa. Everyone seemed to hold their breath as they waited for Draco to move.

Very slowly, Draco finally shook his head at the opposing side, his fearful expression transforming into that of bravery.

Ellie smiled to herself as she returned to stand in between Hermione and Amelia. Her mother placed a hand on Ellie's shoulder, squeezing it as a gesture of her proudness.

Confused mutters rang through the Death Eaters while Lucius attempted to lunge at the survivors. He was held back by Narcissa, who harshly gripped his robes as she locked eyes with Ellie. Ellie couldn't interpret the connection, but she swore she saw Narcissa smile slightly.

Neville stepped forward, limping as he dragged a tattered hat in his hand. Ellie heard Hermione's gasp as he hobbled forward a few more steps.

"Well, I must say I'd hoped for better," Voldemort commented, his followers laughing wildly behind him. "And who might you be, young man?"

"Neville Longbottom," he gulped.

Their raucous laughs amplified at his introduction, Bellatrix's high-pitched giggle overpowering the rest.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we can find a place for you in our ranks-"

"I'd like to say something," Neville interrupted.

"Well, Neville, I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to hear what you have to say," Voldemort encouraged.

"It doesn't matter Harry's gone," he started.

"Stand down, Neville," Seamus warned from behind him.

"People die everyday," Neville raised his voice, turning back to face the survivors. "Friends, family. Yeah. We lost Harry tonight. But he's still with us, in here."

Neville pointed to his heart, looking at the hopeful expression of his friends.

"So's Fred... and Remus. Tonks. All of them. They didn't die in vain," he continued before turning back to Voldemort. "But you will. Because you're wrong! Harry's heart did beat for us! For all of us. This is not over!"

Neville reached into the hat and pulled the Sword of Gryffindor from it. At the same time, Harry sprung out of Hagrid's arms to fire a spell at Nagini. A victorious cheer erupted from the survivors as the the enemy side stared in surprise. Death Eaters began to disappear into clouds of black smoke, and Bellatrix pleaded for them to fight.

Harry ran through the rubble to get to Hermione, Ellie, and Ron, shielded by Kingsley as he ushered for the students to get to the Great Hall, firing protective spells.

"I'll lure him into the castle. We have to kill the snake!" Harry told them as he withdrew Draco's wand.

"You'll need this," Hermione urged as she pushed a basilisk fang into his hand.

Neville pushed forward as he ran with the sword but was blasted backwards by Voldemort. The quartet winced as he landed on a pile of rubble, rendering him unconscious.

Ellie turned to her girlfriend frantically as she readied her wand, preparing herself for the decision she was about to make.

"You and Ron kill the snake! I'll defend the Great Hall!" Ellie yelled over the sound of the blasts surrounding them.

"No! I'm not letting you go on your own!" Hermione protested.

"I'll be with my mother. I need to make sure nobody else dies! Please, you two don't need me to kill the snake."

Hermione seemed to hesitate as she ducked to avoid a killing curse. Ellie fired a stunning spell at the Death Eater who fired it, knocking him to the ground.

"Hermione," Ellie panted as she cupped her girlfriend's face. "I love you so much. No matter what happens, I don't want you to forget that. I'll come back, I promise."

Hermione flung herself at Ellie, kissing her lips desperately as she held her close. She withdrew after a hex grazed their heads, her expression fearful.

"I love you, Ellie," Hermione croaked as she gazed into her girlfriend's caramel eyes once more.

Ellie placed one more kiss on Hermione's lips before she turned to Ron.

"Ron... keep her safe," Ellie instructed, in which he nodded eagerly.

Ellie plastered a smile of reassurance as she turned on her heel, firing spells as she ran inside the Great Hall. Ellie only made it halfway through the room before magical ropes grabbed her ankles, causing her wand to clatter to the ground. She fell to the floor with a thud, groaning as she turned around to see who cast the spell.

"Finally! Let's finish the job," Bellatrix cackled, turning her wand to drag Ellie towards her.

Ellie attempted to reach for her wand, but Bellatrix kicked it away. A sudden green light came from beside Ellie, almost hitting Bellatrix. With the minuscule distraction, the rough ropes loosened, and Ellie scrambled to her feet to retrieve her wand. By the time she rose, she saw another burst of green light as it plummeted towards her chest. She braced herself for death, but it was cut short.

Someone had thrown themselves in front of the Hufflepuff, taking the killing curse for themselves. He collapsed in what seemed like slow motion as Ellie caught him. She fell to her knees as her mouth hung open in shock.

"No!" Ellie cried out as her father's body laid limp in her arms.

His eyelids shut slowly as he took his final rattling breaths, his skin becoming cool to the touch. Though Ellie had grown to hate him, his presence brought her an odd sense of comfort. While she mourned his death, Bellatrix cackled maniacally, turning her attention to another living survivor.

Bellatrix carelessly waved her wand, firing another killing curse in Ginny's direction. It missed her by an inch, and Molly suddenly stepped in front of her in an enraged state.

"Not my daughter, you bitch," Molly threatened as she pointed her wand at Bellatrix.

She advanced at Bellatrix aggressively, catching her off guard while she mocked the mother. Molly fired hex after hex, and finally, one hit. Bellatrix froze in midair, her arms outstretched over her head with a confused expression. Using that opportunity, Molly drew back her wand and thrusted a blast of red light forwards, causing her to explode into a thousand pieces. Molly smiled triumphantly as the remainder of her family looked at her with open mouths.

Amelia crouched beside her daughter as she took Steven's body from her arms. A single tear dropped from the corner of her eye as she cradled his head.

"Go help them," Amelia ordered softly, not tearing her eyes off of Steven.

Ellie froze for a moment as she stared at her father once more. As Hermione instructed earlier, Ellie removed the ring from her finger. Instead of handing it to her mother, she placed it on Steven's cold index finger, fitting perfectly above his knuckle.

"This was never mine to begin with," Ellie mumbled as she looked down at the man before her.

Perhaps it was the spur of the moment, or the realization that only a father would have thrown himself in front of his daughter. Despite his flaws, Ellie found herself drawn to his sacrifice, and a feeling of pity washed over her.

"Thank you... Dad."

With that, Ellie rose to her feet. She nodded to Amelia as she broke into a sprint. Just before Ellie passed the doors, she turned around to look at her mother. Amelia stood over Steven's body, floods of tears streaming down her cheeks. She had her wand withdrawn, and she pointed it in the direction of three approaching Death Eaters. With a single swoop and a gut-wrenching scream, a fiery white beam erupted from the tip of Amelia's wand. The beam split into three strands and hit each of the Death Eaters, blasting them across the room.

Ellie's lips curled into a small smile as witnessed her mother's power. Ellie didn't waste much time as she ran out of the Great Hall, avoiding the fallen bodies beneath her. She dodged every hex and jinx as she ran down a broken corridor, successfully countering every Death Eater that came in her way.

Ellie squinted as she saw Hermione's pink sweater poking out from under her jean jacket and Ron's hair from a distance. They were far, about 50 yards away, but she sprinted in their direction, her wand withdrawn. The snake chased them down the stairs, its massive body approaching them fast.

Suddenly, a cry of help made Ellie snap her head in that direction. It was a younger student, a second-year that seemed to have snuck off to fight. A Death Eater stood in front of the young girl, approaching her with his wand as she cowered backwards.

Ellie looked back to her friends then back to the young girl. The student was significantly closer, and she could reach her within a few seconds. She pondered for a few seconds, conflicted on who to help first. She took a deep breath as she made her decision, running towards the young girl first.

The Death Eater fired a spell at the ceiling before he ran off, causing it to shake as it prepared to collapse. The young girl was directly underneath, and she looked upwards fearfully. Without thinking, Ellie lunged at the girl, knocking her out of harm's way just before the ceiling caved in.

It all happened too fast, and soon, a massive chunk of the ceiling hit her cranium, knocking Ellie to the ground as its entirety fell on her. The thought of Hermione lingered in Ellie's thoughts as the rest of the ceiling collapsed, burying her body underneath the heavy stone.

The world went dark, but Ellie accepted it with open arms.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

499K 17.8K 32
Trying to cope with Cedric's death, Ellie Evans seeks to avenge him by becoming a member of Dumbledore's Army. With the addition of new enemies at Ho...
573K 13.4K 33
"Don't make that promise when we both know it could break," Hermione told her with a cry, but Y/N only gave a small smile as she rested her forehead...
1.2M 25.9K 55
Y/N looked at her coldly, not moving their faces away, "Oh, yeah? And what could I do to fix that? Tell me, Granger, since you're such a Know-It-All...
117K 4.1K 26
Brinley Fern, a friendly half-blood Hufflepuff. Hermione Granger, an intelligent muggleborn Gryffindor. Fourth year has begun, bringing the Triwizard...