The Girl Who Believed

By nicole_3105

The shy Gryffindor catches the eye of the school's biggest player. Again. "I'm not playing at anything this t... More

The Train Ride
Hogsmead
Did he just ask me out?
First Kiss
Crushed
Cast
Sixth year
First day
What Exactly Is He Thinking?
Potter's Face
Unnerving
Herbology
Sirius' POV
The Letter
Theo Asked Me Out
Date With Theo
I Don't Know
Tutoring
Forgiveness
Making Up
The Picnic
Decisions
The Gift
Fights
Common Room
Confused
Remus Jealous
Pranks
Late night talks
The Game
Blondie
He's being an idiot
I'm screwed
His Undying Love
Stargazing
Yes
Music To My Ears
Dates to the Ball
Ambushed

Matchmakers

1.2K 24 10
By nicole_3105

Hey everyone!! Sorry for taking so long to update but I was busy with exams AND I had a major writer's block. I got to where I wanted, which is bringing Athena and Sirius together but I didn't know where to go from there. I decided to add Caroline and Remus's story to the mix so it wouldn't be boring.

Athena's POV

The Christmas Ball is next week, and the school is in high spirits. Girls were talking about their dresses and boys boasting about who they are going with. James is over the moon because Lily finally agreed to go with him. Angela was asked by a cute guy in our year, his name is Henry. Some were still nervous to ask someone. Like Remus.

Remus still hasn't asked anyone. Neither has Caroline, although I overheard a few guys talking about asking her to the ball.

"So, who are you going with Caroline?" Angie asked as we sat in the kitchen. It was Friday and classes are over so, it's kitchen time.

"I don't know, I think I will go solo," Caroline sighed.

"No, you are not! We all have dates," Angie said before taking a sip of pumpkin juice.

"I know you do, Angie, but no one asked me. No one suitable, at least," she mumbled towards the end.

The girls and I shared a look. She didn't tell us that anyone asked her.

"Who asked you?" I asked.

"No one decent," she said.

We stared at her.

"Alright, it's Malfoy," she said when she saw that we are not letting it go.

"WHAT?!" we all said in unison.

"Did he bother you again?" I asked.

"Well, he was pissed that I slapped him, so a few days after that he cornered me and told me that he will let it pass only this once because I'm beautiful, then he smirked and left. After the announcement of the ball, he asked me to go with him and I refused. He asked me again a few days later, and I told him that I wouldn't go with him even if he was the last guy in school. He got pissed and said that if I'm not going with him then I won't go with anyone," she ranted.

"Why the hell didn't you tell us?" Lily asked.

"Because it's not a big deal. It's Malfoy, he's a git," she said.

"So that's why no one has asked you," I said.

"What do you mean?" Caroline asked.

I looked at her dumbfounded. "Care, we all thought you would've been one of the first girls to get a date. Especially that I overheard multiple guys whispering that they plan to ask you to the ball. It seems that Malfoy has gone around and scared them all off."

Caroline groaned and hit her head on the table.

"I. won't. get. A. date." She said as she banged her head.

"Rubbish, you can always ask someone out. He can scare the guys from asking you, but he can't stop you from asking them," Angie said.

"But who am I going to ask? If he scared everyone the no one will say yes," she said.

"Well, Remus still didn't ask anyone," I told her.

Things between them are kind of... normal? They are more like formal colleagues than friends. At least, that's what Caroline is making it. She is just being civilized. He tried being friendly more than once, but she just replied properly. It's kind of like replying to your neighbor. Polite but no details. He still stares at her from time to time when he thinks no one is looking.

"No," she said, looking up.

"Why not?" I asked.

"You known I'm trying to get over him and he clearly doesn't want me," she said.

"He did try to engage in a conversation with you multiple times Caroline," Angie said.

"So?" she asked, "How many times have I tried talking to him before? He pushed me away."

"He clearly regrets it," Lily said.

"And he most certainly will not be intimidated by Malfoy. If anything happens, he and the boys will stand up for you," Angie added.

Caroline sighed and buried her face in her hands. She looked conflicted. It reminded me of me and how conflicted I was about Sirius.

"Care, it's alright, you don't have to. We were just thinking that it's a good idea to ask him. You can ask anyone else. We support you with whatever you do, you know that, right?" I told her.

She took a deep breath.

"I know and I appreciate it but I think I will ask someone else."

"How about Ben? I don't think he has a date yet," said Angie.

"Yeah, you guys are already familiar with one another, so it won't be awkward," Lily added.

"I guess I'll ask him before dinner," she said after thinking for a minute.

"That's solved then," Angie clapped.

"What's solved?" came a voice from the kitchen door.

We all turned and saw Sirius approaching. He came up to me and gave me a quick peck before taking the seat next to me. I blushed. Those little gestures still make me blush, especially when the girls start smirking.

"Nothing, just talking about the ball," I told him.

"What about it?" he asked.

"We're going dress shopping in Hogsmead tomorrow," Lily said biting on her biscuit.

"The boys and I already got our suits so we will just go to Zonko's and maybe Honeydukes. Do you want to meet up at The Three Broomsticks after that?" he asked us.

The girls nodded. "Sure," I said.

"Cool. Now, I want to steal my girlfriend," he said standing up and pulling me with him.

"See you at dinner, girls," I waved and left with Sirius.

"Where are we going?" I asked him once we were in the corridor.

"Not sure," he said.

"Then why did you take me away from the girls?" I asked.

"Because I wanted to spend some time with you. I miss you," he smiled and put his arm around my shoulder, and kissed me on the cheek as we walked the corridors.

It was a bit sunny and most students were out in the courtyard or at the Black Lake.

"I have an idea. Come with me," I said and pulled him towards the astronomy tower.

We arrived at the top of the tower and I transfigured my scarf into a thick picnic blanket. I set it by the wall and sat with my back leaning against the wall. I patted the space beside me for Sirius to sit on.

He muttered a spell to make the balcony wall see-through so we can see the view before sitting next to me.

"The view is beautiful," I told him.

"So are you," he said, staring at me. I blushed.

"If you keep complimenting me and spoiling me like that, I'll get used to it," I told him.

"So? Get used to it," he smiled and wrapped his arm around me pulling me closer to his side till we were cuddling as we watched the view. It was peaceful.

I looked up at him and couldn't help but smile. He was so much sweeter than what I expected. He was still mischievous and childish at times, but he was so sweet and kind toward me. He treats me like his queen and, quite frankly, I think I fell for my king.

I plan to tell him at the ball. I really hope I can keep it in till then. I wanted the first time I say it to be special.

"What are your plans for Christmas?" I asked him.

"I'm going to James's place and we might visit the boys, or they will visit us. Nothing concrete yet. What about you?" he asked.

"I'm going home. I was wondering if you could visit me during the break," I asked. I told mom and Lydia and they insist to meet him. I'm worried. I don't think it's a good idea yet, but I promised them that I will ask. "You don't have to. It's alright if you have plans or don't want to come or- "

He cut me off with a kiss. When he pulled back, he said, "I would love to."

"Are you sure? You don't have to," I told him again.

"I want to," he said, "Do you not want me to come?"

"I do. It's just... I'm worried," I sighed.

"Worried about what, love?" he asked.

"Well, you will be meeting mom and my friends. Mom will be fine, but you know my other friends will try to take the older brothers' roles and try to intimidate you," I confessed.

"Are you worried that I will be intimidated or are you worried they won't approve?" he asked.

"I'm worried that there will be trouble. The boys will just try to either rile you up or scare you and may act like they don't approve but I know that at the end of the day it's my say and they will support me. It's just that I don't want trouble." I spilled.

"Love, no need to worry. I promise I will behave myself," he said and held my hand and kissed it softly. "And do I look like I could be easily intimidated?" he asked with a smirk, making me smile and roll my eyes.

"No. But I guess we'll see," I told him.

"Speaking of intimidation, Remus has been thinking of asking Caroline to the ball but he's kind of scared," he said, and I stilled. Shit.

"I honestly don't know what to say or do about those two," I said.

"Why? Do you think Caroline will say no?"

"I don't know what to think either. I love them both and I know they would make a lovely couple..."

"But...?"

"But they are both so stubborn and their situation is complicated. They both like each other. Remus pushed her away for no reason whatsoever and Caroline is hurt because she didn't do anything for him to avoid her. Now that Remus somehow came back to his senses, Caroline is still upset," I ranted.

"You're right, it's complicated but it's also simple," he said.

"How so?"

"They both need to sit and talk."

"I know, but it's not that easy. They must willingly talk and willingly open up. Especially Remus. He still didn't tell her why he pushed her away and I think this is why she is upset the most."

"I guess I'll try to talk with him about it," he said.

"Just don't push him. He should be 100% sure of what he wants and willing to open up. Caroline is really sensitive and easily hurt, and I don't want to see her hurt," I told him.

"I won't push him," he said and leaned his head against mine.

We stayed like this for a full minute until I started chuckling.

"What?" he leaned back and asked me.

"We're matchmakers now," I said. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

835 61 23
Follow the Black Household in this fanfic where everything is changed 😉 There will be some hard and dark parts for some readers so that the Tigger W...
185K 4K 35
꧁In which they both have feelings but are unknown to eachother꧂ OR After 6 years of chasing Lily Evans it seems as if James Potter has given up on...
39.9K 588 89
Where a Hufflepuff who stays hidden in the shadows falls for the Gryffindor who shines brighter than everyone. This is my first story, please leave...
57.7K 3.6K 70
Remus was sure he'd have to say goodbye to his friends this year, but oddly it seems they have forgotten about his secret entirely. Or, more likely...