Heaven On Fire

By caitygotwords

BOOK ONE OF THE "BROKEN" SERIES "He looked like Heaven. She felt like Fire." Blaise Nightshade. A small, feis... More

I N T R O D U C T I O N
C H A P T E R O N E
C H A P T E R T W O
C H A P T E R T H R E E
C H A P T E R F O U R
C H A P T E R F I V E
C H A P T E R S I X
C H A P T E R S E V E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T
C H A P T E R N I N E
C H A P T E R T E N
C H A P T E R E L E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E L V E
C H A P T E R T H I R T E E N
Not an update...
C H A P T E R F O U R T E E N
C H A P T E R S I X T E E N
C H A P T E R S E V E N T E E N
C H A P T E R E I G H T E E N
C H A P T E R N I N E T E E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y
Thanks!
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - O N E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T W O
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F O U R
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - F I V E
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S E V E N
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - E I G H T
C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E
C H A P T E R T H I R T Y
A U T H O R ' S N O T E
B O O K T W O

C H A P T E R F I F T E E N

500 19 8
By caitygotwords

A/N: Alrighty so I've been thinking of new stories to write after this one (since I'm gonna start picking up the action soon) and I'm liking my ideas. The thing is, I don't know what the second book of this series should be. Like, idk if I should just make it adorable (it's about MC so that's inevitable) or if I should make it more... deep? Idk. Also, there is gonna be a story about the girl, Honor, that was talked about in the last chapter so if y'all are interested in her story... it's coming. 🤗 Anywho, that's all I wanted to say ig. Lemme know ur thoughts.

Working Bitch~ Ashnikko

~F I R S T   D A Y~
"One day I'll make you fall for me, Willy Wonka."

BLAISE STRUTS into the cafeteria with a smirk on her face. She's wearing an outfit that screams  "yes I'm a bad bitch with a new job". She walks over to the table that Spencer, Saint, MC, Will, and her usually sit at in the morning for the "breakfast" that the school serves. Once Spencer sees Blaise and the confident sway in her hips, he smirks.

"Looks like mama got a new job," He says with a smirk.

Blaise flicks down the shades that she has over her eyes. "Would a broke bitch wear something this fire?"

Spencer looks her up and down, biting his lip as he imagines what she looks like under him. The two haven't had sex in a little over a month and his hand isn't starting to cut it anymore.

"No pun intended?" He jokes.

Blaise rolls her dull green eyes. Today she's wearing a black jacket with several patches on it, a cute black crop top, and some black cargo pants with black and white Jordan 1's that Spencer got her for her sixteenth birthday. She slides into the bench and places her leather schoolbag on the ground.

Blaise's outfit

"Why're you lookin' at me like we're fucking in your head?" Blaise asks bluntly.

Spencer licks his lips as his blue eyes darken lustfully. "I always look at you like this, mama."

Blaise smirks. "Your hand ain't doin' it for you anymore, hun?" She wonders, false pity in her tone.

Spencer pouts. "Mhmm," he says with a slight whine. "Why don't you come over later today so we can fix that?"

Blaise giggles. "You'd like that, wouldn't you?"

Spencer goes back to biting his lip. "You know I would, mama."

Blaise shakes her head. "I love you Spence, but you're too fucking horny. Find another girl to bang tonight, I'm busy."

Spencer snaps out of his dirty thoughts. "Why, you got a shift or somethin'?"

Before Blaise can say anything, Saint walks into the lunchroom with a loud MC and quiet Will. MC is in her usual loud clothing, chatting Saint's ear off about the photoshoot that she and Willow had recently while the boy patiently listens to her. Will is too busy on her phone to care about what her sister is saying.

"And then they brought out the biggest lollipops for my shoot and I got to take one home! It's so tasty Saint, you should see it! It's, like, as big as you!" MC rambles.

Saint waves to Blaise and Spencer. "Good morning."

Spencer waves back. "Morning Aussie." He nudges his head towards Blaise. "You think you can convince Blaise to skip her shift to hang with me?"

Saint sits down next to Blaise. He looks over to her and smiles. "You look great as usual, Em," he compliments.

Blaise blushes at her nickname. "Nothing compared to you, sweetheart."

Saint looks down at his outfit. A simple white crewneck sweatshirt with the year '1984' written on it, some blue jeans with the bottoms rolled up, and some white, high-top Nikes with a green swoosh. He smiles up at Blaise.

"Thanks," he answers with a blush of his own.

Saint's outfit

Spencer looks between the two. That's why it's been over a month. He thinks. Should've known.

MC turns to Spencer. "What do you mean about Blaise's new shift?" She wonders.

Blaise answers for him. "I got a new job the other day!" She says excitedly.

MC squeals. "Yay, that's awesome Kin!"

Will digs into her pocket, grabs a Laffy Taffy, and hands it to her. Blaise smiles and takes the candy, understanding what Will is silently telling her. Will never gives her candies around for no reason. They're one of her favorite things on the earth, so when she gives them to you you should be thankful.

Saint holds his fist out for Blaise. "I knew you could do it, Em."

Blaise disregards his fist and gives him a hug. "I'm a hugger, you should know this."

Saint chuckles slightly and hugs her back. "How could I forget?"

Spencer rolls his eyes. "Alright love birds, we get it." He smirks when Blaise glares at him. "Now, mama, why can't you hang with your favorite man tonight?"

Blaise pulls away from Saint. "Saint already knows that I gotta bring my mom home from the hospital today," she says.

Spencer becomes serious. "So she's alright now?"

Blaise nods. "She's all good. She quit her job at Walmart too now that I have mine."

Spencer sighs in relief. Then he furrows his brows. "Wait a second... what you mean 'Saint already knows'?"

Blaise wraps her arm around Saints shoulder. "You asked why I can't hang out with my favorite man tonight, but he already knows why."

Saint blushes. I know she's just messing with him, but it's nice to think that I'm her favorite guy.

Spencer scoffs. "Four years of friendship and you choose Aussie over me?"

Blaise shrugs, trying to hold in her laugh. "What can I say? I have a thing for adorable guys."

Spencer gasps in mock offense. "How dare you insinuate that I'm not adorable!"

Will snorts, still typing in her phone. "You're not."

Spencer glares towards her. "Rude."

Will just shrugs.

Spencer smirks and leans towards her. "One day I'll make you fall for me, Willy Wonka."

"I'd like to see you try."

Spencer starts to play with her grey hair. "You just wait. It might be next week or next decade, but you'll admit your love for me."

Will turns to glare at him. "If you keep touching my hair, you won't live to see next week, let alone next decade."

Spencer immediately puts his hands up in surrender. "Duly noted."

MC smacks her sister upside the head. "Don't be mean." She starts to scold her younger sister in Japanese, her tongue moving at a rapid pace.

Will glares at her adoptive sister. "Fuck off, Myra."

MC gasps while everyone at the table freezes. The boys because they don't know how she'll react, and Blaise because she knows how she'll react. Instead of her eyes tearing up like Spencer and Saint expects them to, MC snarls. Her usually adorable and lovable face turns dark and hateful. She stands up and grabs her sister by the back of her collar, dragging her out of the lunch room.

"Ah, shit," Blaise cusses. "I hope Will doesn't come out with another broken arm," she mumbles.

"Another?!" Spencer wonders just as the bell rings.

Blaise gets up from her seat, getting ready for home room. As she starts to walk out of the door Spencer chases after her.

"Wait, Blaise! What do you mean another broken arm?!" He asks again.

~••~

BLAISE HANDS the customer their drink and smiles brightly.

"Have a nice day!" She says with a wave.

The customer, a young man, blushes slightly at the beautiful girl and waves back. "You too!"

Blaise sighs before going back to the cash register. Her first shift is going well at The Pink Apron. Since yesterday was the day she helped her mom get settled back in their tiny apartment, Blaise's first shift is today. According to Tyra, she's a real natural at being hospitable. All Blaise has been doing is smiling occasionally and telling patrons to have a nice day, but if she's getting praised she won't argue.

"So, Blaise, what do you like to do?" Alexander— who actually told her to call him Alex— asks.

Blaise shrugs. "Smoke, drink, fight, fuck," she answers bluntly.

Alex snorts. "Simple gal."

Blaise continues to sort the money. "'World's too complicated to not know what I like."

Alex thinks for a moment. "I guess you have a point."

Blaise finishes sorting the quarters. "What about you, Jack? What do you like to do?"

Alex laughs at the nickname. According to Blaise, he's as tall as a beanstalk but she's too lazy to call him that, so she just calls him by the name of the boy who climbed it.

"Playing video games and hanging with friends and family. Oh, and sleeping," He adds.

Blaise looks up at him. "Add that to my list."

"So smoking, drinking, fighting, fucking, and sleeping?" He clarifies.

Blaise nods. "Sounds about right.

Alex laughs again. "You're pretty cool, Blaise. My brother would love you," he pauses for a moment. "And my little sister Ainsley."

Blaise tilts her head to the side. "You got a brother and a sister?"

"Three brothers and three sisters, actually," He corrects.

Blaise's eyes widen. "Woah, your parents must really love each other, huh?"

Alex shudders. "Non-stop."

Blaise giggles at his discomfort. She pats him on the arm. "Poor baby," she says with a fake pout.

Alex rolls his eyes. "You sound like my sister Audrey."

Blaise leans against the counter. "What're your siblings' names?"

"Audrey, Maximus, Noah, Ethan, Ainsley, Noelani," he lists off quickly. "In that order, too."

Blaise hums. "Must be nice having a big family."

Alex shrugs. "Has it's perks, I guess. Thing is, we don't hang out as much as you'd think."

Blaise tilts her head. "How so?"

"Audrey is always hanging out with her friends. Noah and Ethan are always out 'scoring chicks', and Noelani and Ainsley are eight so I have to be in the mood to hang with them," he explains. "And now Maximus is always hanging out with his girlfriend or fighting at the gym."

"He boxes?" Blaise asks in fascination. She loves boxing. If she could afford lessons she would get them in a heartbeat.

Alex smiles. "One of the best boxers in the state, I believe."

"What grade is he in?" Blaise wonders.

"He's a freshman in college. It's his actual job now, which is insane to think about for me."

"Wow," Blaise trails off when's she sees a petite figure walk through the door. When the figure pulls back their dark, emerald green hood, Blaise smiles.

She taps Alex on the bicep since his shoulder is far to high. "Look, your girlfriend's here," she teases.

Alex immediately looks up to see a head of full, thick brown curls. The small girl walks into the employee's locker room to get her apron. After a few moments, she walks out with a slight frown on her face.

"I hate this fucking apron," she grumbles.

Blaise holds her fist out. "What's up, Echo?"

Echo bumps their fists. "Nothin' much, Blaise."

Alexander waves shyly towards the older female. "H-hi Echo."

Echo waves back. "Hey Andy, how's your day been?"

He scratches the back of his neck. "Can't complain. How about you?"

Echo moves to place her very bouncy and curly locks into a ponytail. "Just sat at home like I usually do." She turns to Blaise. "I'll start cleaning the tables 'fore the evening rush," she informs.

With that, the tiny girl struts away, confident as always. Alex sighs dreamily. "Wow, she's gorgeous."

Blaise giggles. "You've fallen hard, little dude."

Alex blushes. "N-no I haven't. It's just that she's... I dunno, different."

Blaise chuckles once more before the sound of the bell in the door rings again. Soon the cafe starts filling up with mostly teenagers and old couples. Blaise watches as an old couple walks in.

The man holds the door open for the woman, and she smiles up at him before continuing to walk in. He then pats her on the butt as she walks by, causing her to roll her eyes and flick him the bird. She walks up to the counter while he goes to pick out a seat for them.

Blaise smiles at the old woman. "Hello ma'am, what can I get you?"

The woman looks up at the menu before cussing. "I forgot my damned glasses, can't see shit," she grumbles.

Blaise holds in a laugh.

"Your glasses are in your purse, dumbass!" The old man yells from their booth.

The woman turns to yell back. "Fuck off, asshole!" She retorts. She reaches into her purse before pulling out her glasses case and putting them on. "Damn bastard was right, they were in my purse."

Blaise can't help but let out a snort.

The woman looks away from the menu to the young girl. "What would you recommend, hun?"

Blaise composes herself. "It depends, what do you like?"

The woman points over her shoulder. "My husband ain't adventurous, he'd probably want something simple."

"You seem like a lovely couple," Blaise says.

The woman gives her a look. "Fifty years with someone gives you time to start tolerating them."

Blaise's eyes widen. "Fifty years?"

She shrugs. "Got married young and are old as hell," she explains... more or less.

Blaise nods before getting back to answering the woman's question. "Your husband would probably want one of our donuts with our fresh squeezed lemonade, if he likes simple."

The woman smiles. "He'll have a donut with chocolate frosting and a glass of your lemonade," she starts to order.

Blaise nods and typed the order into the register.

"What's your name, sweetheart?" The woman wonders.

Blaise grins. "Blaise."

The woman holds her hand out. "Amancia," she answers.

Blaise shakes her hand. "Nice to meet you, Mrs. Amancia."

Amancia looks back up to the menu. "I'll have one of your red velvet cupcakes with a vanilla milkshake," she finishes.

Blaise types that up. "Large or small?"

"Get her a small," The old man says, suddenly right next to his wife. "She's too tiny to finish a large all for herself."

Amancia smacks him upside the head, but he doesn't even flinch. "I can speak for myself, you fucker!"

He smirks down at her. "This I know, cherie," he teases. "Ou pale twòp," he says in a foreign language. (You talk too much) (Haitian Creole).

Suddenly, Tyra comes out from the kitchen with a large smile on her face. "Mama? Daddy?"

The couple look over to the young woman with the Southern accent. "Cherie!" They both cheer.

No one in the restaurant seems to be phased by the small family hugging in the middle of the cafe. Must be normal, then. Blaise concludes as she finishes up their order.

Echo walks out with some flour on her face. She probably finished cleaning and was in the kitchen baking with Tyra and Trish. Once the couple see the tiny girl, they cheer again and give her hugs and kisses, much to Echo's dislike it seems.

Alex leans down to whisper in Blaise's ear. "Anyone else confused, or is it just me?"

Blaise shrugs and starts to take the next person's order. "Echo has been working here a lot longer than we have. She's probably a family friend or something."

Alex looks up when the bell on the door rings once more. He nods towards the customer before patting Blaise on the shoulder. "I'm gonna start making that shake," he informs.

Blaise nods and finishes typing up her current customer's order. After making sure that the person got what they wanted, Blaise starts to speak to the next customer who just came in.

"Hi there! How may I help you?" She looks up from the register.

"Mrs. Donovan?" She exclaims.

The sight of the blonde, tall, and gorgeous woman confuses her. Especially since she looks stressed out with an excited Elizabeth running around her.

"I need you to help me," she says. The look on her face tells Blaise that she clearly does not want to ask for her help. In fact, it looks like it pained her to say that sentence.

Blaise raises an eyebrow. "How do you know where I work?"

Mrs. Donovan sighs. "Saint told me. I have to go to a very important trip right now and I won't be back until two weeks from now. Saint has practice for basketball, and my husband is in the other side of the planet," she speaks quickly. With her heavy Australian accent, Blaise has to try hard to understand her when she speaks so fast.

"Doesn't explain why you're here asking for my help. Last I recall, you don't particularly like me."

The tired woman scowls. "I don't," she answers bluntly. She runs a hand through her hair. "It's just that Elizabeth doesn't do well with babysitters. They usually quit within the hour and I can't exactly have that when everyone else who can take care of her is out and about," she explains.

She closes her eyes and takes a deep breath, as if bracing herself for something horrible. After a second, she opens her eyes.

"Could you please watch Elizabeth until Saint is let out? He has practice Monday through Friday and I just need someone to pick her up from school, watch her for the three hours of practice, and drop her off to Saint," she begs.

Blaise raises an eyebrow. "What makes you think I'd do this favor for you?"

"I'll pay you."

Blaise smirks. "How much?"

"One thousand dollars a week."

Blaise almost chokes on her own spit. Holy shit, that's a lot! That's, like, two hundred dollars a day, one hundred dollars and hour!

"Five," Blaise demands.

"Two."

"Three."

"Deal."

The two shake hands.

Jokes on her, I would've done it for a hundred dollars a week. Blaise thinks smugly.

Jokes on her, I would've paid her ten thousand dollars for the two weeks. Mrs. Donovan thinks smugly.

Mrs. Donovan grabs onto Elizabeth's sleeve as she's zooming by, stopping the small child. Elizabeth looks up at her mom with a pout.

"Aye!" She growls.

Mrs. Donovan doesn't even scold her on her tone, seeing as she's so late for her flight. "You're staying with Blaise until Saint picks you up," she explains quickly. She bends down and kisses her daughter's forehead. "Mummy's gonna go on her business trip for two weeks so you'll be seeing a lot of Blaise, okay pumpkin?"

Liz nods her head. "Go on then, no need to be more late than you already are, mum."

Mrs. Donovan ruffles Liz's curly locks. "Love you, Liz."

Liz kisses her mother's cheek. "Love you too."

Mrs. Donovan nods to Blaise before scurrying out of the cafe. Liz looks up to Blaise.

"Hey bitch!" She greets happily.

Blaise waves. "Sup hoe." She winces. Too far?

Liz giggles.

Eh... could be worse. She figures.

Alex walks over to Blaise. "Seems like you've got your hands full," he says.

Blaise starts to come from behind the counter to go and greet Liz properly. "Nothing I can't handle," she says confidently. She bends down and picks Liz up, resting the happy girl on her hip. "You wanna work with me 'til Saint comes over?"

Liz nods excitedly. "I've always wanted to work the till!"

Blaise tilts her head. "Really?" Liz nods once more. "Weird kid," she mutters, walking back behind the counter.

Tyra walks over to Blaise, who's teaching Liz the different buttons on the register.

"She got a work permit?" Tyra jokes.

Liz smirks. "My lawyers can bring it right over if you'd like," she answers.

Tyra tucks a curly strand of hair behind her ear. "I like you, kid."

Liz grins. "I get that a lot."

Tyra laughs. "You've a handful right here, Nightshade." She saunters over to the kitchen, her wide hips swaying naturally.

Blaise takes in the fact that Tyra's parents are arguing adorably in a booth in the corner, while Echo is cleaning off some plates from another table.

Just then the bell rings again. Liz pipes up and grabs a stool from under the counter. She stands onto it so that she can see over the cash register, and smiles brightly at the teenage group of boys who just came in.

"What'll it be, gents?" She wonders.

One of them gives her a look of confusion. "Um... aren't you a little young to be working here?"

Liz flicks her hair off her shoulder. "That's too kind. I'm actually twenty-seven," she says with a straight face.

Since there's no crack in her façade, the boys shrug and order. Liz expertly plugs in their orders, while also being professional and witty, and leaves the boys laughing at something she's said. Blaise stares at her in awe.

"You sure you've never done this before?" Blaise inquires.

Liz shrugs. "Mum works as a PA and sometimes while she's running errands— getting her boss a long black or somethin'— I answer phones and talk to clients for her. I'm a people person, what can I say?"

Blaise snorts. "Did you just say long black?"

Liz furrows her brow in confusion. "Yeah...?"

She watches as Blaise and Alex try not to laugh too much. After a moment, she understands what's so funny.

"Americans," she mutters under breath. "It's slang for coffee, you perverts," Liz clarifies.

Blaise stops her snickering. "And how do you know that we were laughing at something perverted?"

"'Cause the few girls that Saint's talked to were only after him for his 'long black'," She explains, putting the term in quotations.

Blaise starts to laugh while Alex leans down to talk to her.

"Well... is it?" He wonders.

Liz shudders. "I do not want to talk about what my brother's donger looks like, you dipstick," she snarls.

Alex blushes. "That's probably for the best." He didn't realize Saint was her brother.

Blaise giggles. "You do know that Saint's my age, right?"

Alex flushes even more. "Oops."

Liz rolls her eyes. "Pervert."

After a few more hours of Liz working at the register, Saint comes into the cafe. His floppy curls on top of his head are in a bun, and he's still got a light sheen of sweat on him. Blaise licks her lips at the sight.

What a sight. She says, thinking about riding his "long black".

Saint waves to Blaise, a bright smile on his handsome face.

"G'day all," he greets.

Blaise leans against the counter. "Hey babe, how was practice?"

Saint wipes a bead a sweat from his forehead. "A workout, that's for sure." He sighs happily. "Good to be back, though."

Alex looks the older boy up and down. "You must be the infamous Saint."

Saint looks over to the mammoth of a boy. Well, shit. "Y-yeah, that's me."

Alex holds his hand out. "I'm Alex."

Saint daps him up. "Nice to meet you, man."

Liz snaps her fingers. "Sir, you're holding up the line!"

Saint looks around at the empty restaurant. The only people still here are Tyra's parents, the employees, and the Donovan siblings. Saint plays along and hurries to the register.

"Sorry about that," he apologizes. "I'll have two vanilla cupcakes, one with rainbow sprinkles, one small strawberry milkshake and one large s'mores milkshake," he orders quickly.

Liz expertly taps the order into the screen. "That'll be twenty-three seventy-five," she reads off the price. She looks up at Blaise. "I still don't get your currency."

Blaise shrugs. "That's why I use a card. It decides for me." Not that Blaise has enough money for things anyway.

Saint hands his sister the money and watches in amusement as she places the bills into the correct slot.

"So you work here now?" Saint asks.

She continues to sort the cash. "Mama's gotta pay the bills, son."

Saint snickers. "You don't have any bills to pay, Elizabeth."

Liz looks into his eyes with her different colored ones. "You, my good sir, clearly don't know you sister enough."

Saint grins softly. "I guess not." He looks over to Blaise. "Thanks for taking care of her for my mum. I hope she wasn't much of a bother."

Blaise flicks her hand. "Kid practically did my job for me."

Alex slides over the two milkshakes. "Here you go."

Saint nods in thanks. "Thanks man."

The four chat for a bit while Trish makes the cupcakes. Once she hands them off the Alex, he gives them to Saint. Saint gratefully takes the pink and white box and holds out his hand for his sister to take. She waves to Blaise and Alex.

"Bye pervert!" She says to Alex. "Bye bitch!" She says to Blaise.

Saint shakes his head, deciding not to comment. He'll let his mom deal with that. He fist bumps Alex before turning to Blaise.

"You want me to take you home, Em?" He offers.

Blaise shakes her head. "I got it hun," she waves to the siblings. "Bye you two!"

She watches at they walk out with a smile on her face. This was a good day.

I DONT KNOW WHAT HAPPENED IN THIS CHAPTER😂 Everything that happened... wasn't meant to. But I guess it all worked out 🤷🏾‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.4K 555 40
(Before You Leave #1) She was sent to boarding school over the smallest of mistakes... Okay, burning down your schools gym might have been a big one...
6.9K 190 39
Heartless:- displaying a complete lack of feeling or consideration. Her choice didn't matter as she got in an accident by the act of the so-called J...
142K 4.6K 46
#3 of the Devilman series. Could be read as a stand alone. He came to our school as a new student from Romania this year and I didn't put much thoug...
6.2M 222K 62
"If you turn your back to me again, you better be bending over, sweetheart." *** Everyone warns you about boys who go looking for troubles, who have...