My life is a Riddle(Tom Riddl...

By xXGlossyWaNdXx

Tom Riddle is prepared to wipe out the entire race of mudbloods at age 16. But then comes along Aneline De'ba... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chappie 3!!
Chapter 4:)
Chapter 5:))))
Chapter six
Chappy seven!!
Chapter 8:D
Chapter Nine
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12;)
Chapter 13! ;))
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18 :)
Chapter 19!
Chapter 20!
Chapter 21! ;)
Chapter 22! ;)
Chapter 23! :D
Chapter 24! (: (: (: (:
Chapter 25:DDDD
Chapter 26 :)
Chapter 27:D :) ;0)
Chapter 28:D
Chapter 30:)
Chapter 31 ;D
Chapter 32...:D
Chapter 33! ;{D
Chapter 34 ;P

Chapter 29! :DDDD

6.5K 171 69
By xXGlossyWaNdXx

Bear with me people! Updates will be a lot more frequent considering I'm on Winter Break! YAY.

Hope you guys enjoy this chappie ;)

Don't forget to fan me if you like(or love;) this story! Then you'll get updates on when I upldate :D

Enjoy ;o)

                                                                       * * * * * * * *

“I hear people say he had feelings for her, he cared about her, loved her even! People say he didn’t want to harm her, didn’t want her to become like him, the gorgeous monster we had all grown to love and despise. People say he managed to grow these feelings for her, and named it love.

“What people are saying is completely incorrect.

“Please! He didn’t love her! She meant absolutely nothing to him. She was just as disposable as chewed gum, that had long lost its flavor. He had a certain plan for her, and knew just how to work her, how to string her along. I knew him better than anyone did, I would stare at him more than half of my time at that school. He never saw her as anything more than dust on the shoulder of his designer-made shirt.

“She was nothing to him, and I can guarantee it.”

                                                                                       ~Anonymous

                                                         Chapter 29

I’d never been so determined in my life.

For the last two weeks, I had been trying my hardest to discover anything and everything I possibly could about what Tom Riddle was up to.

Yet it wasn’t too easy, as Tom seemed to know my every move before I even made it.

Every time I would see Myrtle and tried to talk to her and ask more about her little “secret,” Tom would mischievously just so-happened to pop up out of nowhere. Of course he would end up winning her over me, with his professional charm and exotically-beautiful features, she practically drooled at his polished shoes.

Just as I was determined to find out what he was up to, he was even more determined to intervene my every step, my every plan.

I had ransacked through piles and heaps of books that could lead me to his motive, but the thing was, I didn’t know what I was looking for.

I would of given up already, if it wasn’t for the way Tom reacted. Never had I seen him so set on discouraging me away from this, never had I seen him care and place that much of his energy on a single subject.

It had to be a major deal.

I was currently walking through the corridors, on my way to the library yet again with loads of books in my slippery palms. I spotted Myrtle, walking by with a slight grin on her face, blushing like the in-love schoolgirl that she was I guess.

She had been doing that a lot lately, smiling.

I swiveled my head around, looking for any signs of Tom’s presence, and told myself we were alone.

“Hey Myrtle!” I greeted quickly, running up to her with my mind desperate to ask questions.

She stopped for a split second and glanced at me, then seemed to remember something and began walking away hurriedly.

“No wait, please stop!” I pleaded and raced to get in her way.

She tried to get past but I kept intercepting her, determination etched across my very face.

“Please.” I said again, feeling like she knew what I was talking about.

She sent me a wary look and shook her head. “He told me to stay away from you, said you weren’t safe like him.” I didn’t even have to ask who him was.

“What?! That’s nonsense! He’s the one who’s unsafe!” I defended, his lies clouding her eyes.

She just gave me a look of sadness and patted my back. “He said you were crazy, told me you’d say that.”

I shrugged her hands off in annoyance. “Myrtle you have to tell me what’s going on. What he’s making you do. I’m trying to help you and I can’t do that if you keep listening to that monster and pushing me away.”

She rolled her eyes, shielded behind her foggy glasses. “I have to go.” She tried pushing past me, but I wasn’t giving up that easily.

“Myrtle, just tell me. I can keep a secret. I’m your friend and I’m not crazy. You know that. Don’t you want to share your excitement with someone else?” I lied, trying to persuade her into telling me.

At this, she thought for a second and smiled, opening her mouth to tell me.

I almost licked my lips in anticipation, the information I had been searching for so close…

“I-“ She was cut off when an arm wrapped around her a bit roughly and pulled her back with force. She thought it was a gesture of affection and smiled.

The owner of those pale arms glared at me, hard emerald eyes slicing holes through my skull.

Tom Riddle stood there, as he basically pushed Myrtle off of him with disgust. “Myrtle, why don’t you go to class?” He ordered with a smile so plastic it was almost shiny.

She grinned and nodded, walking away as if she was in a dream.

I tried to follow, only to be pulled back by the collar of my robe, the books in my hands scattering across the floor.

“Where do you think you’re going, mudblood?” He hissed with pure malice, his eyes an assortment of greens and gold with his anger.

“I’m going to find out what you’re up to, that’s what!” I snapped, staring at him with my best glare.

He pretended to be affected by my attempts at a glare, gasping with obvious acting. “Well, how scary. Someone save me from this threatening beast.” He said and chuckled darkly, the smoothness of his voice gliding across the walls.

“If you don’t tell me what you’re up to Tom, I’ll-“

“You’ll what mudblood? Give me the silent treatment for a week? Blush and resemble a ripe tomato? Do tell. I’m thrilled to hear you’re empty threat Aneline.” He said sarcastically as he inspected his nails.

“Go ahead, I’m waiting.”

I was so frustrated by his actions, his piercing words I felt like blurting out any thought that burst into my head.

“I’ll kill you!” I hollered, and the second I said it I knew that was impossible.

So did he.

“HAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Oh GOD Aneline I’m in tears.” He said through fits and roars of cruel laughter. He even bent over and pounded his pale knuckles on his knees with how hard he was laughing, his tall back muscles flexing as he chuckled.

I just stared at him as he pretended to wipe a fake tear away.

“I have to admit darling, your stupidity entertains me.”

“And you’re a monster.” I stated, with anger in my words.

He shrugged indifferently and winked. “I’m a handsome monster.”

I clenched my teeth, hating how he had the perfect response to everything I had to say.

And then a simple thought occurred in my head.

“If you don’t tell me, I’m telling the headmaster.” At this, the smirk disappeared, replaced with an arched eyebrow, challenging me.

“Oh so we’ve turned into a foolish snitch I see. Who do you honestly think they’ll believe more mudblood? The new mudblood no one really know’s much about, and has none but two friends? Or the star student who has been with the school since the first-year, with the dazzling smile and advanced talent who everyone loves?” He scoffed, already knowing he was absolutely correct.

“What about Professor Dumbledore huh?” I asked, remembering the day the professor told me to tell him anything Tom did that seemed suspicious.” He smirked, yet it didn’t fully reach his cold eyes.

“I would think twice about who I was dealing with if I were you Aneline.” He threatened coldly.

“Oh yeah?” I challenged, having full knowledge he most certainly could.

He continued with ease, with the talk of an elegant character. “I am more powerful than you will ever be De’baunare. I can crush your windpipe with the raise of my finger, can make you suffer with a single twist of my wand. I have assets more valuable than five hundred Anelines put together. Face it mudblood, I am of higher authority. I am sitting on a throne at least one thousand feet higher than you. I can destroy you under the sole of my shoe with my weakest step. So yes, darling. I would re-consider your terrible decision if I were in your cheap shoes. Anything else you want to darling?”

I swallowed hard, as I wasn’t expecting such a powerful response. His lips turned up to form a small smirk, and he gazed at me with those amazing green orbs.

“Why can’t you just tell me Tom? What would I be able to do about it anyway?” I asked, the question so simple yet so complex at the same time.

He tilted his head as he swung his wand around like it was a part of him.

“Because it doesn’t concern you mudblood. And I would recommend you stop sticking your irritating nose where it doesn’t belong.” With that, he disappeared in midair and disapparated.

I sighed, and bent over to pick up my books from the floor. This wasn’t over yet.

                                                         * * * * * * *

After that, I was more determined than ever to discover more about his motives. I decided to widen my search to the restricted section, knowing that was what Tom personally favored and was an expert at the field.

I looked into anything that could help me learn about any of the magic used in the ring necklace Tom had given to Myrtle. And had come up empty-handed.

Then I started to get suspicious on why there were barely any books on the shelves.

“Umm..hello. What happened to the other books in the restricted section?” I had asked the ancient librarian.

“They’ve all been checked out. That boy Riddle needed them.” She managed to croak out, and my anger had magnified, my frustration germinating at an impossible speed.

                                                         * * * * * * *

“Annie you’ve been acting strange lately. Is everything alright?” Miranda asked with concern, the gloss on her lips twisting to form a frown.

I shook my head out from my thoughts, and somehow forced a smile onto my mouth. “Yeah I’ve been great, just a bit tired.”

She didn’t look entirely convinced, but continued as we strolled through the student-packed halls.

“Well as I was saying. We have a trip to Hogsmeade this weekend, and then it’s winter break two weeks after that. We should really start purchasing as much gifts as possible!” I rolled my eyes at how she worried over the smallest things.

“You might have that kind of money but you know I can’t spend-“

“It’s fine. I’ll pay for anything! Think of it as an early Christmas gift!” She cheered. “And for Neddy as well.”

“No I don’t want anyt-“

“Oh quit it Annie. You’re accepting my gift whether you like it or not.” I sighed deeply, knowing I couldn’t convince her otherwise.

We were interrupted when I wasn’t looking, and crashed into a brick wall. My books flew for the second time that day and I would of fallen back on my arse if a certain pair of cool arms hadn’t stopped me from tumbling to my doom. I look up with my vision a bit blurry to see I hadn’t crashed into a wall.

There, standing in front of me was the largest, tallest human being I had ever laid my eyes upon. He towered over me, he was even taller than Tom. He had a red-blotched round face in embarrassment, almost hidden behind a mane of extremely curly brown hair. His beetle- black eyes were apologetic for crashing into me, his large leather boots coated in dirt. He looked like he was in his third or fourth year. An extra extra extra large school robe hung onto him as he opened his large mouth.

“I’m sorry! I should’a watched wher’ I’d been goin!” His voice boomed, causing a few of the students around him to jump.

I grinned. There was something about him that made me smile.

I was about to tell him I was the one who should have been apologizing when another voice cut me off.

“Yes, you’d better watch where you were going Hagrid. Sometimes your idiocy and lack of proper coordination asks me if you should even be walking these halls.” The smooth-as-water voice scolded bitterly, and I realized it was Tom that had caught me.

I sensed Miranda stiffen as he spoke, and stared at him instantly, becoming strangely transfixed though he wasn’t even paying attention to her.

Hagrid blushed, something I was an expert in, and bowed his head in shame.

“Agin, I’m sorry fer hurtin’ yah.”

“No! What are you talking about. I was the one that ran into you. I’m the sorry one.” He smiled and bent over to help me with my books, but I could see he was struggling to make his sausage-like hands reach the floor.

“Don’t apologize to the buffoon mudblood. Your kindness repulses me. He would of knocked you unconscious if it wasn’t for me.” Tom snapped as he glared at Hagrid with a hatred I couldn’t place my finger on. He ignored Hagrid’s attempt to helping me and grabbed the books easily off the floor, handing them to me with a smirk on his face.

“Two times in one day. That must be a record mudblood.” I rolled my eyes deliberately at him and tried to grab my books from him roughly. I couldn’t help the blush on my cheeks as my hands brushed his cool one’s, a surge of electricity running up my spine like the sharpest knife.

He gazed at me for another second before turning swiftly with a glorious sweep of his dark robe. His followers snickered for no apparent reason as they followed his strides down the hallway.

The boy named Hagrid sent me a small smile and I gladly returned it as he walked away to his next class.

Miranda seemed to return from her dazed state and turned to me.

“I swear. Why does the most evil boy in the school have to be the most beautiful?” I couldn’t refuse the pang of jealousy injected into my heart, but quickly overcame it as I knew Miranda wasn’t the only girl that thought like that. She had practically said what I was thinking of Tom.

                                                * * * * * * *

“It would be an Alihotsy Draught. It causes hysteria.” I answered subconsciously, my mind on other matters.

“Correct yet again Miss. De’baunare! I must say your knowledge is quite the impeccable one.” Professor Slughorn appraised. I allowed myself a slight grin.

“Ten more points to Ravenclaw.” Groans from other houses rung throughout the room, some even had the nerve to turn and send me a secret dagger.

“Looks like some people don’t appreciate your intelligence Sweetheart.” The familiar voice said next to me, his earthy scent invading my sense of smell.

Contrary to my feelings, I leaned away and tried my best to ignore him.

The bell rang like a holy friggin savior and I hurriedly gathered my things, only to be interrupted by Professor Slughorn.

“Mr. Manning,Miss.De’baunare. Stay. I have something for the two of you.” I internally sighed. Just my luck.

A few of my classmates sent us curious stares but left. I stepped up to his desk, Matt hot on my heel.

“I’m having a Christmas party next week, on Friday. It’s exclusive, and only few selected students get invited. I’ve decided I would greatly enjoy the company of the two of you to be there!” He took two invitations from a pile of envelopes, our names written in emerald ink in cursive on it. I stole a peek at the rest and faintly caught site of one made out to Tom Marvolo Riddle, and almost fainted.

I weakly took the invitation from his grasp, and knew I couldn’t refuse. I didn’t want to get on bad terms with my new professor.

I could feel Matt’s eyes on me as he took his envelope.

“Feel free to bring a date! They don’t necessarily have to be invited.” He said warmly and returned to his desk.

“Thank you professor, I’m honored.” I said with a smile that didn’t completely reach my eyes.

He didn’t seem to notice and nodded with a grin.

This was just my luck. Determination was having a long battle.

                                                                             * * * * * * *

If anyone wants to make me banners, I'll be happy to accept them :D

-Glossy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

669 17 46
(THE REWRITE) Original had 35k reads <33 Maeve Riddle. Daughter of the Dark Lord that is Voldemort. He who must not be named. Maeve is sent to Hogwar...
553K 17.5K 45
Have you ever wondered what life at Hogwarts was really like for Tom Riddle, known by his darker moniker Lord Voldemort? How did he manage juggling...
370K 10.2K 24
When he started his 6th year at Hogwarts, Tom Marvolo Riddle had viscous plans like no other and nothing stopped him from putting them into action. W...
15.4K 921 65
He wants to sink into her. Deep like a stone in a river. Wrap himself in the very essence of her. Her magic. To pluck whatever trait it is that makes...