Haunting

By Arishahasan

Normally When a 17 year old teen girl moves to a new town and a new house the only problems she faces are lac... More

Author's note
chapter 1-Warning. .
chapter 2 -Beginning
chapter 3 - Nightmare
chapter 4- knock
chapter 5- Presence
chapter 6- The little girl
chapter 7- feelings ( part 1)
chapter 8 - feelings ( part 2)
chapter 10- The Laughing Doll (part 1)
chapter 11 - The Laughing Doll (part 2)
chapter 12- Surprise Surprise (part 1)
chapter 13- Surprise Surprise (part 2)
chapter 14: That'll be twice
Chapter 15: Improvising Possibilities
chapter 16: Improvising Possibilities (part 2)
chapter 17 : Answers
chapter 18: Hope
chapter 19: Blueprints
Chapter 20: Little drops of red
chapter 21: Liar liar
chapter 22: Living the nightmare
Chapter 23: A glimpse of the past
chapter 24: Will you?
Chapter 25: Refusal
chapter 26: Trust
Chapter 27: Dance Night
Chapter 28: Emily
chapter 29: Meeting Martinez

chapter 9 - At the theatre

6.5K 360 86
By Arishahasan

This chapter is dedicated to @CatherineFiset for her support and for officially being the first fan of the story.

Thankyou so much :D

********************

Allison's POV........

.

.

.

We reached the theatre around 10 minutes later.

I was still thinking about what happened at the house.

There is still a constant fear about what I've been experiencing for the past few days But sharing everything with someone feels a lot better.

I don't know what alec thinks about me now. He must probably be thinking that I have a mental condition or something like that.

But right now I really don't care what he thinks. Right now I need to find out how to overcome this stupid fear.

Was it real I thought to myself. Trying to figure something about it trying to reason with it but I fail everytime I do it.

"Allison.."

Sapphire called out who clung to justin's side.

"Yeah" I answered her.

"Come on let's go we are already late!"

I jogged up to them.

I glanced back but alec was nowhere to be seen.

"Hey! I'm so sorry I made us late"

I apologised.

" No problem, the movie hasn't started yet. But it's about to get started so we better hurry up" she said.

" Btw Where is alec ??" She asked.

That's what I was thinking too.

I looked around to search but he wasn't there.

"He has probably gone to park his bike. He'll be back in some time. " justin answered her.

"You guys carry on upto the theatre. Alec and me will meet you there" he said.

We both nodded.

He slightly squeezed sapphire's shoulders and went off towards the parking lot to look for Alec.

Avery told me that Sapphire and justin have been together for a long time now.

I smiled at Sapphire when she kept on watching justin while he walked towards the parking area until he was no longer visible.

They really are in love with each other!

I couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy towards them. I don't have anyone who'll love me like that or someone who genuinely cares for me, mothers are not included in this case. I'm 17 and in no time I'll be turning 18 and I have never been in a relationship. How bad is that!

We were both pulled out of our thoughts by Avery and Nina who stood there holding popcorn and cold drinks.

"You finally made it!" Avery cheered.

"Yep! Sorry for being late" I said.

"Stop with all the formality of apologising" Avery said popping some popcorn into her mouth.

"where are the guys? " nina asked.

"We don't need to worry about them. They can find their way to the movie theatre. Let's get going. I don't want to miss the starting. ." Sapphire said pulling us all towards movie hall.

We found our seats and sat down.

Avery has just started telling us about his new crush in school when the lights dimmed. So we left the whole "crush" talk to that and stared at the screen.

After a few minutes the boys came to join us, and Alec came up to sit beside me.

I turned to look at him while he gave me a small smile.

"What took you so long" I asked.

"Umm actually I met one of my soccer teammates ,caleb ,so we kinda got into some conversation of our interschool match tomorrow. So...."

He said.

"Oh okay" I said.

Yes, Alec is the most charming soccer player our school has!

Oh wait did I just say "most charming"?

Well just forget it..

Then the movie started and I realised that it was some kind of romance. I wasn't surprised about this because the girls picked up the movie. I didn't even catch the name of the movie because my mind was preoccupied with something else.

I kept on thinking about the about what happened only a hour ago. My mind was racing trying to analyse and reason with it. But there was nothing , everything seemed odd and the only conclusion I was getting was that there was paranormal happenings in my house.

Maybe, the previous owners of the house died a horrific death and now their souls haunt people who try to own their property. Just like the way movies tell us!

I left out a small chuckle at that thought.

All those reasons are fit for the movies not in real life, isn't it?

By the time I realised that the whole reasoning this is of no use, intermission showed on the screen and lights were turned on.

"Isn't the movie just awesome" Nina blurted out.

" yessss. And that actor is so cute. " saphhire cried. And justin raised an eyebrow at her.

"Now I have another celebrity crush" Avery shouted.

" What about you Allison? did you like the movie?" nina asked.

"yes, it was amazing" I said And put on a fake smile.

They all started chatting about things when alec leaned and said,

" Did you even watch the movie? you weren't even looking at the screen the whole time" he smirked.

great now I say a lie and get caught. perfect.

"I was watching" I replied.

He raised his eyebrow and said " sure about that?"

" Fine. I wasn't. But please don't tell them.There is so much going on that I really can't concentrate on something else" I said softly so that nobody hears. And he nodded knowingly.

After that I genuinely watched the rest of the movie.

When the movie finished we parted our way to our home. while I was walking towards the parking lot with alec I checked my phone.

There was one message from mom which said,

*It's late already, you better get youself back now.*

*on my way back*

I texted her,before I climbed on Alec's bike. In around 15 minutes I was standing infront of my house.

" Thank you for the ride." I smiled at him.

" no problem" he said.

I tried to ask him to not to tell anyone about what happened but I just couldn't think of what to say. The confusion must have been visible because he said,

" don't worry, I won't tell anyone about what happened"

" thanks a lot " I said.

he waved it off and said

" see you at school tomorrow. "

and with that he sped away on his bike.

Author's note: sorryyyyy.
I'm really very sorry for such a late update. Actually my exams are going on and I don't really get enough time to write. I know this is no excuse but please don't lose hope on the this story. Sorry once again.

The chapter is written in a rush so if there are any mistakes forgive and please let me know about them.

If you liked this chapter then please please vote and comment. Please don't be one of those silent readers even if you don't like it tell me I won't mind just don't be rude though :p

And let me know about what do you think about Alec? Is he trust worthy?
Or will there be rumours next?

And I've also decided the cast for the story. Yay :p

Thankyou so much for reading :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.1K 1.8K 23
Ella and Emma were forced to move out of their house into a creepy old house after their mother, Violet decides to divorce their father. The first ni...
769K 16K 21
A fun trip to a haunted house turns into a grisly nightmare after a group of teens go in after it closes. They think it's just well put together, bu...
1.3M 38.6K 71
Elena Adams has had a rough life. Her mother left her after the death of her sister and her brother never comes around. She's left alone with her dru...
314 64 27
Wynter is a nineteen-year-old girl whose life is anything but normal. Her father is a famous politician and her mother was kidnapped when she was you...