Sky Hawks (Male Reader X Girl...

By Maybe_an_author

Tankery. The age old sport that sees girls from all over the world compete to become the best tankers. Howeve... More

Chapter 1: Executive Decision
Chapter 2: Der Jäger
Chapter 3: The Thunderbolt
Chapter 4: The Thunderbolt II
Chapter 5: Semi-Final Shithouses
Chapter 6: English Espionage
Chapter 7: Hawks In The Sky
Chapter 8: Birds In The Clouds
Chapter 9: Commander's Club
Chapter 10: The Ball
Chapter 12: The Ace Up Our Sleeve
Chapter 13: Blitzkrieg
Chapter 14: Pravda's Downfall
Chapter 15: Storm Of Steel Part I
Chapter 16: Storm Of Steel Part II
Chapter 17: Das Finale
Possible Part 2?
New Book Is Out!

Chapter 11: The Ball II

1.5K 24 61
By Maybe_an_author

???: Care to dance Y/n?

A voice sprung out from behind me, the silky softness of it comforting me like a cotton pillow to rest my head upon. Violinists had begun to play their tune as I spun around and saw none other than.....

Y/n: Darjeeling?

Darjeeling: If course it's me silly, who else?

Darjeeling smirked slightly, making my heart skip a beat as I stared into her eyes, their cyan hue giving off a sweet and caring yet elegant vibe. The definition of Darjeeling. Her hands fidgeted at my slight pause, creating a little awkwardness between us.

Y/n: So, you want a dance? With me?

Darjeeling: That is what I asked for. If you wouldn't mind at least.

Looking down her smirk faded to a frown as I awkwardly froze up, not knowing how to respond. I didn't know how to dance, let alone with someone as graceful as her! But she really wants to, and I can't throw this opportunity away.

Y/n: Sure, I'll dance with you.

Darjeeling looked up slowly and met my gaze, smiling once again while dabbing her eyes with a handkerchief.

Darjeeling: I didn't expect you to say yes but, I'm elated that you did. Do you have any experience dancing?

Y/n: None at all unfortunately.

Darjeeling: That's okay, we all start somewhere. Just follow my lead and you'll be fine.

I warmly smiled and took her outstretched hand, following in her wake until we reached the centre of the dance floor.

Y/n: Are you sure the centre is a good place? I don't want to embarrass you.

Darjeeling paid no attention to my worry and positioned us in wait of the next song.

Darjeeling: Have your right arm extended like so and hold my hand, then place your left hand around my waist.

Y/n: Huh? Are you sure?

Darjeeling: Of course I am, I wouldn't do it on a whim now would I?

Y/n: Oh stop with these rhetorical questions and let's get dancing.

Darjeeling: As you wish. Now you will lead with your right foot and drag your left by the toe until it touches your right foot. Then we'll turn a bit to the right and repeat the steps until the song ends, when you dip me. Got that?

I had a look of bewilderment on my eyes but eventually understood what to do.

Y/n: Yeah, I got it. You ready?

Darjeeling smiled cutely and tilted her head to the right, letting me see her jewel-encrusted earring.

Darjeeling: Of course I am, lead the way Jäger.

Violins started once again and a slow song began to play, letting us commence the dance. I started off a bit shaky, almost tripping over my own feet a couple of times and sending us toppling down. But fortunately I found my rhythm and soon enough we were smoothly dancing the night away, staring into eachothers eyes the whole time. It was like I was entranced by them, sparkling away in the light as our hands led the way. It was almost as if we were in complete sync, as if our hearts were beating in tandem, our lungs breathing together, our eyes meeting in the middle like tired soldiers greeting their so called 'enemies' after all is said and done. Conflict brought them together and the same could be said for us as the violins faded into the night and so did my worries and fears. I stopped on the final note and dipped Darjeeling down, not letting her touch the floor as the room fell silent to watch our sweet moment.

Nothing could distract us from the dance, even the applause that followed as we stood up. However something did snap me out of it. It was Darjeeling. She cupped my face in her hands and gently leaned in, cushioning her soft lips with mine. They tasted of sweet summer strawberries mixed with black currants, a perfect combination blended together to create the most wonderful flavour. We separated after a while and gasped for air, still locking eyes while heavily breathing. The tension in the room was palpable to say the least, but we didn't care. A new wave of dancers joined us on the floor and began to dance as we just stood there, still gazing into eachothers eyes.

Y/n: Darjeeling.....

Darjeeling: I'm sorry, I shouldn't hav-

I interrupted her with a strong hug, stroking her soft hair to comfort her while she breathed a sigh of relief.

Y/n: Don't apologise for that, I enjoyed it thoroughly.

Darjeeling: You did?

Y/n: Of course, your soft lips were a joy to kiss Darj. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Darjeeling blushed and looked away as we both walked off to the side, simply watching as the rest danced to their heart's content.

Y/n: So Darjeeling.

Darjeeling: Mhm?

Y/n: After our matches, you wanna grab a coffee? There's a great cafe that I recently visited and I think you would love it.

Darjeeling pondered the idea for a moment before nodding agreement, then without warning she grabbed my arm and rested her head on my shoulder.

Darjeeling: I'm so glad to have met you Y/n. I always thought that the right guy would come to me, just fall from the sky in a flash of lightning.

Y/n: Well I suppose it's true, just add in a hail of bullets and an A-10 Warthog.

Darjeeling chuckled to herself and sighed, cuddling up even closer to the point where I could hear her breath amongst the bustling crowd of dancers. Then unexpectedly, someone stormed out of the ballroom and out of the foyer into the freezing cold snow.

Y/n: Huh, who was that?

Darjeeling: I think it was one of the Russians. Maybe you should go check up on them.

Y/n: Aww, but you're so nice to snuggle with.

Darjeeling: Go on, I'll be waiting here for when you get back. I may even come to your aid incase someone tried to kidnap you.

Y/n: Not the best thing to think about. But at least I'm in safe hands. I'll be back soon Darj!

I too walked out of the ballroom, passing several waiters carrying drinks and food to be gifted to the guests. The door outside was open wide, letting in a breezy draft. So I donned a coat and headed out, in search of the person that had so randomly stormed out. They would surely be freezing out here no doubt. In the distance I could make out a figure, so I dashed over and tried to speak with chattering teeth.

Y/n: Hey, it's cold out here. Are you alright?

The bleach blonde haired girl turned to face me, revealing Klara in all her beauty. She was shivering too, more violently than I. So draping the coat over her shoulders, I attempted to talk with her, guiding us to a nearby bench that wasn't layered in snow.

Y/n: Are you alright?

Klara however still remained silent, turning around to ignore me. I still pressed on, wanting to find out what was troubling her.

Y/n: Klara you know you can talk to me, I'm here for you. So please, what's wrong?

Eventually turning around, she stared into my eyes before springing into a hug, tears now steadily flowing from her eyes.

Klara: I'm sorry Y/n!

Y/n: Sorry for what?

Klara: For catching feelings so quickly, when it was obvious you and Darjeeling were together!

Now I was confused, however the answer soon dawned upon me. Klara is, in love with me. Oh jesus this is bad. Oh lord have mercy on my soul.

Y/n: Wait what? You......like me?

Klara: Yes! And I'm so sorry!

My suit was now damp with her tears but I paid no mind to it, instead hugging her tighter and rubbing her back to calm her down.

Y/n: Hey hey, it's okay Klara. You can't control your feelings.

Klara: I'm so sorry, I've ruined your relationship!

Darjeeling: What relationship?

Darjeeling butted in, scaring me half to death.

Y/n: Oh god. Don't ever scare me like that again!

Darjeeling: Okay then. But anyway, me and Y/n aren't in a relationship. I mean we've planned a date but for now he's a free man.

Klara: Really?

Y/n: It appears so.

Klara: Хорошо. (Good.)

Slowly Klara leaned in while I was distracted and planted her lips on mine, taking me by suprise. I froze up but soon melted into the kiss, thanking my lucky stars for the events that took place tonight.

Klara: There's more where that came from.

Y/n: Holy shit.

I turned to see Darjeeling smile and nod my way.

Darjeeling: "All is fair in love and war." I guess I'll have to try harder for you Y/n. Until next time.

She rose from the bench and moved back to the building, never branching off the path. I turned back to Klara who was staring into my eyes, fixated on their E/c tint.

Klara: You have beautiful eyes Y/n, you know that? I could get lost in them all day. But we don't have time for that. I'll be heading back now.

Y/n: Yeah, I'll just wait out here for a while. It would be better that way.

Klara: Agreed. I'll see you later!

Klara skipped merrily off, dodging piles of snow and black ice as she entered the foyer, leaving me with my thoughts.

Y/n: So, that just happened. Not what I expected to happen tonight but I won't complain. I need to focus on this upcoming match. We're a pilot down and heavily outmatched by the Pravda forces. Not to mention their fierce trio on the ground. Katyusha, Nonna and Klara. I fear for our tanks, and the rest of the pilots. But if I can pull my plan off, we are sure to win............

So! I bet that took some of you by suprise. Let me know if you called it and what may be Y/n's plan to beat back Pravda in the upcoming match. For now, take care!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 58 10
A new era of Sensha-do is on the rise, with iron and fury its decree. For Miho she just wants to escape her shame and failure, to no longer be trampl...
14.1K 456 23
What if there is another reason why Miho Nishizumi wanted to go to Oarai Girls Academy, and that is to find the secret that her Great-Great Grandfath...
11.6K 307 14
A young man makes a name for himself. He mastered the art of Panzerkampf and was feared by the enemies he was facing in matches. But was it all skill...
1.6K 23 28
tankery is about to be watched by both shinobi forces one good one bad. what would happen next.