The Seven Campers and The Isl...

By karagreene01

Temperance can hear Dinosaurs and can sense the Dinosaurs' feelings. Mr. Masrani asked Temperance to go to Ca... More

Bio:
Temperance
What Temperance is Wearing
accessories
The stuff in Temperance's backpack
the stuff in Temperance's backpack part 2
Medical Kit
MREs - Meals Ready to Eat
MRE menus (if you don't want to use link)
Basic Past
Pictures:Basic Past
S1 E1: Camp Cretaceous
S1 E1: Pictures
S1 E2: Pictures
S1 E3: The Cattle Drive
S1 E3: Pictures
S1 E4: Things fall apart
S1 E4: Pictures
S1 E5: Happy Birthday, Eddie!
S1 E5: Pictures
A.N.
S1 E6: Welcome to Jurassic World
S1 E6: Pictures
S1 E7: Last Day of Camp
S1 E7: Pictures
S1 E8: End of the Line
S1 E8: Pictures
Finally Finished
Season 2 new OC part 1
Season 2 new OC part 2
Season 2 new OC part 3
Before season 2: Mini 1
Before season 2: Mini 1: Picture
Season 2 Ep. 1: A Beacon of Hope
S2 E1: Pictures
S2 E2: The Art of Chill
S2 E2: Pictures
Camp Cretaceous One-Shots
Vote - closed
S2 Mini 2
S2 Mini 2: Pictures
S. 2 Ep. 3 The Watering Hole Preview
Author's note
new stories on the way - vote ended
Votes end in 5 days!
Voting ends tonight at midnight
AI
Stories in the works

S1 E2: Secrets

1.5K 30 11
By karagreene01

Dinosaur (carnivores) = talking

Dinosaur (herbivores) = talking

Thinking = talking

Temperance talking to Dinosaurs = talking

By the time Roxie, Dave, Kenji, and Darius arrive I am in a wheelchair with the IV still in my right hand. Roxie and Dave drop Kenji and Darius off at the common room then go to check the other kids. I roll myself using the automatic controls on the wheelchair into the common room after a good few minutes. Darius looks at me shocked at the fact of the IV attached to my hand. Kenji bows his heads after seeing me. Darius asks, "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. I told you that being Dinosaur linked is bad on a human body. I have done this every three days since I was eight, so I am used to it." I tell him.

Dave and Roxie arrive beyond pissed. Dave says, "We gave Brooklyn a warning for sneaking out. But what you two chuckleheads did--"

"-Especially you, Kenji! Your recklessness puts your, Darius, and Dave's lives in danger! What if the Velociraptors used you two to lure Temperance away from safety, then eat you?! We should call your parents and tell them--" says Roxie in leacher mode.

But Darius interrupted saying, "It was my fault!"

Roxie, Dave, Kenji, and I look shocked. Darius continued, "I jumped into the pit. Kenji was... trying to save me."

Kenji slides next to Darius, puts his arm over Darius's shoulder and says, "Yeah that's it. I... I was saving the poor, confused little kid."

Kenji gives us a show. I frown. Roxie seems to agree, "I'm sorry, so, Darius the dino-genius was saved by Kenji, the kid who thinks dinosaurs went extinct because, and I quote, "Their fart turned the air trashy"?"

Kenji says, "prove me wrong, yo."

Darius and I both sign. Roxie calls their bluff, "Yeah, it's just that Brooklyn's account is quite different from yours."

Kenji says, "Pfft! Brooklyn. Look, it was dark, she was confused. She needs glasses." He chuckles, "Vanity, am I right? What's important is that I'll keep looking out for the kid, here. You're welcome."

Kenji pulls the 'I'm-innocent' look. Roxie hums. She looks at both of them. Darius does a better innocent look. Dave says buying it, "No harm, no foul. Let's chalk the whole tithing up to experience. Lessons, friendships-- this is what camp's about! Who's with me?"

Roxie isn't as convinced as Dave. She says, "Fine. But one more misstep... "

"I... We won't let you down." Darius says, gesturing to himself and Kenji.

Kenji pops his lips. Roxie doesn't look impressed at all. Darius says, "So, what are we doing tomorrow?"

Kenji and Darius are frogmarched to the bunks. Roxie looks at me and says, "Are you alright, Temperance?"

"I am alright. I am going to bed again. Goodnight," I say rolling the wheelchair back to my room. Roxie moves my IV bag to the pole that is next to the bed.

The next morning, after everyone got ready for the day. We are in front of a giant pile of Dino-crap. Roxie throws two shovels at Darius and Kenji. She says, "enjoy cleaning this up, boys."

She walks away, saying, "We're going to the genetics lab."

Everyone except Kenji and Darius follows her to the 6X4. Brooklyn takes a picture of the two with Dino-Crap Mountain. Dave throws a small bottle to Darius. Dave says, "Cologne. That'll help with the smell. And the ladies. What-what? But mostly the smell. The stench of dinosaur poo can really linger."

Dave gets into the truck. Darius looks put out. The truck speeds off. As we go to the lab, I notice that Brooklyn was moping about losing followers. Ben is humming and putting on hand sanitizer on every part of his body. As we get closer, Brooklyn starts her video, "what's good, Brooklylanders? Today, I'm coming to you from one of Jurassic World's coolest remote genetics labs!"

We enter the lab. Everyone that works there is moving with a purpose around a lot of equipment. In the lab there are multiple incubation hatcheries and other equipment. Roxie says, "This is a rare window into the park's inner workings. Not just anyone can come here, you know."

Dave says, "Yep, this is where the magic happens."

Dave looks around then says, "Doc Wu-Wu! Guess who's ready to have a blastocyst from the pastocyst? The mitosis with the mosisis! We're ready for some chromosomes, my bro-mosome. Wu, there it is!"

Dr. Wu walks away. Dave says, "I can do more."

Roxie says, "Please don't"

Roxie rushes over to Dr. Wu and says, "We're here for the tour, Dr. Wu. Camp Cretaceous? Ms. Dearing should have mentioned-"

Dr. Wu says, "I'm sorry, but Mr. Masrani has accelerated the timetable for our newest exhibit yet again. I simply don't have time to spend the afternoon babysitting children."

Wu approaches Brooklyn and places his hand on her shoulder. He says, "Young lady, no recording in the lab."

"Huh? But that's kind of my whole deal. You see, I have my own web channel--"

Wu dismisses her. But, Brooklyn uses Wu's giant ego against him. Wu allows her to film. Brooklyn starts filming Dr. Wu. Sammy constantly asks questions. Dave is next to an incubation hatchery. He says, "You guys, look! Oh, I think one of these eggs is about to hatch."

Wu says, "That's not possible."

Everyone gathers around incubation. Wu starts typing away on a computer, saying, "that ankylosaurus has only been incubating for ten weeks."

I say, "well it's hatching."

Wu looks at me confused, "and you are?"

I say, "Temperance Turner, DMV , MD, and M.Ed in secondary education."

Wu raises an eyebrow at me and asks, "you are the young lady that Mr. Masrani wants to work at Jurassic World? The one that is 'dinosaur linked'?"

I say, "yes. Although I call it 'Dinosaur linked' there is no official way to label it."

I hear I am coming out from the egg. Soon I see a tail. Stuff from the egg flies and lands on Ben. He freaks out. The baby tries to get the egg off of her head. She almost falls off the incubation platform but Ben catches her and removes the egg.

Mommy?

Hmm. His name is Ben but he is very caring and could be called a mom.

Then you are Mom and Ben is Mommy

I sigh. Brooklyn asks, "What?"

I say, "She has decided that Ben is her Mommy and I am her Mom."

Brooklyn laughs. Brooklyn notices that one horn is bigger than the other and says that is cool. Wu says, "Asymmetry? In my lab?"

Wu apporchs us. Ben says, "Aw! Wow. She's so... tiny."

Roxie asks Dr. Wu, "But she won't stay tiny for long, right?"

Dr. Wu says, "that's the idea. All the dinosaurs go through an accelerated growth cycle. They're supposed to incubate for 13 weeks with no noticeable defects, but apparently this one slipped through."

Yazmina asks, "Hey Temperance? Can you pick up the other unborn babies?"

I raise an eyebrow and listen for anything besides the baby that Ben is cooing to. I shake my head and say, "I can't hear anything from the eggs yet. They might not be developed enough to project their thoughts and feelings yet."

Dr. Wu looks thoughtful and says, "Have you thought about where in Jurassic World you will be working at yet?"

"No, I am supposed to look into Jurassic World to see if I even want to work here at all," I say. I think, What is he planning? He better not be planning on me working here under him. I don't want to hurt them. I didn't go through a zoology major and get my doctor's degree in Veterinary Medicine to hurt animals.

He says, "well, if you decide to work at Jurassic World the labs will be open to you."

I nod in understanding, "I am still on the fence about working at Jurassic World but tomorrow I am going to check on the other dinosaurs at the behest of Mr. Masrani."

Dr. Wu nods and leaves to supervise his team. Sammy goes to the restroom. No one notices Brooklyn leaving. I pick up something farther away, two small humans in my territory. Too bad no one will see you again.

Ben and I are cooing over the baby ankylosaurus as she is trying to walk. Ben is holding the baby when Roxie says teasingly, "Well, that's it, Ben. Looks like you live here now."

Dr. Wu says dragging Brooklyn by the arm, "time for you all to leave."

Brooklyn says, "Hey!"

Dr Wu says, "Clearly, this group has no respect for my lab."

Everyone looks upset. Ben asks, "But what about Bumpy?"

Dave says, "Aw, Bumpy! You gave it a name. That's precious!"

Dr. Wu says while grabbing the newly named Bumpy, "the asset will soon be released into a herd of ankylosauruses. Then she'll be their problem, just like you all will cease to be my problem when you leave."

I say angry, "That is a baby, not a machine!"

Everyone looks at me as I yell at Dr. Wu. "How would you feel if I called you an asset. Like you were nothing but something to make money off of?!"

Before I could rip into him more, Roxie and Dave escorted us out. Bumpy says Mommy? Mom? Mommy?! Mom?!

As we are heading back, I hear, you can't run forever

And, Ow! That hurt!

Then, if I see you again I will eat you.

We head back to camp. As we arrive Darius and Kenji approach the 6X4. Roxie asks, "Why are you two so out of breath?"

Darius says, "just doing the job we're told. How was the field trip?

Yazmina says, "Oh, well, um, you know, Ben fell in love with a dinosaur, Temperance yelled at Dr. Wu, she and Ben became the surrogate mother to a dinosaur, and Super Star here got us booted from the lab."

Brooklyn says, "that is not what happened."

Sammy asks, "How'd poop patrol go?"

Darius says, "Uh..."

Kenji butts in, "Awesome! You all should've seen how I owned-"

Darius interrupts, "this valuable experience! Um, learned a lot about ourselves and, uh... yep!"

Roxie sniffs and says, "Oh! Well, then, hit the showers. And maybe stay in there for a while?"

Ben says, "Use soap. Lots of soap!"

I hop out of the truck so that I can walk. I hear Darius says, "You do know farts didn't kill the dinosaurs, right?"

Kenji says, "Prove me wrong, yo."

Darius says, "There is a lot of proof--. Okay, first I'm going to take a five-hour shower, and then tonight we're going over how the atmosphere works. "

I laugh and say, "Let's just hope that he listens to you because I have been telling him for years that he is wrong."

Darius and Kenji turn around. Darius asks, "How long have you been there?"

"Not that long. I heard that you were going to teach about atmospheres."

They both sigh in relief. I ask, "Why? Did you think that I heard something else?"

Kenji looks at me curious and asks, "Why do you think that?"

"Oh! Nothing really just the fact that I heard something about two small humans they weren't supposed to be."

They both look scared. Darius says, "please we don't want to go home."

"I won't say anything. Besides I think you learned to avoid that area."

Kenji says, "you heard Toro?"

"Toro?"

"The Carnotaurus that got too aggro."

"You went to see the Carnotaurus?"

Darius looks confused and says, "You know about it?"

"Yeah. Long story that. You guys need a shower."

We go up to camp for the night. 

DMV - Doctor of Veterinary Medicine in medical abbreviation

DM- Doctor of Medicine in medical abbreviation

M.Ed- Masters in Education

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

754 34 8
Kayla, an intern paleontologist and paleobotanist for John Hammond, gets invited to Jurassic Park to deem if it is safe and ready to be presented to...
57K 1.2K 9
One day, (Y/n) Grady, a 16 year old girl, was training her brother's group of Raptors, when her brother tells her she will be attending Camp Cretaceo...
22K 568 16
Welcome readers! You and your brother are invited to Jurassic World's new adventure camp, Camp Cretaceous! With five other campers, you must surviv...
5.9K 97 19
Everything was just supposed to be fun and games, even educational as well. Until everything took a terrible, dark turn and an island was forced to f...