246 Days With an Overgrown Po...

By Dekusbr0kenfinger

"Who the hell are you?" Bakugou asks the stranger, the stranger was shorter than him and had green hair. The... More

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14

Part 6

479 29 5
By Dekusbr0kenfinger

Ejirou Kirishima slowly opened his eyes and immediately noticed the white lights shining in his eyes. What happened again? Oh yeah, he and Izuku were on a cruise but they ended up hitting something. He remembered seeing Izuku getting hit by a lamp and watching him fall limp, soon afterwards he ended up getting hit by something as well. After that everything was blank. Kirishima rubs his head as he tries to sit up but realizes that one of his arms was in a cast. A nurse with dark brown hair walks into the room and notices that he was awake. 

She yells, “He's awake!” At one of the doctors and hurries to his side to make sure he is ok but left afterwards to get the doctor who didnt hear her. Kirishima looks to the chair next to him to see Mina, she was sleeping on the chair next to him leaning to the side so that her pink hair draped over her eyes. Kirishima was slightly confused as to why his ex-girlfriend would be there right now, didn't she tell him that she didn't want anything to do with him? After accusing him of cheating on her when he had not done such things. He feels the bandages on his head and groans. Then he remembered Izuku. He had seen him get pretty hard and he hopes that he's ok. He's probably at home right now waiting for him to wait for him on the couch. Kirishima slightly frowns at himself at the thought of Izuku on the couch sipping soda all alone waiting for Kirishima. The nurse came back with the doctor and she proceeded to ask him questions, “Do you remember what happened?”

“Yeah, I was on a cruise and something happened,” Kirishima replies. 

“Yes, the ship you were on collided with another ship and punctured a hole in your ship causing it to sink,” the doctor explains. "It was in the middle of the night and the other ships lights broke."

“Did anyone die?” Kirishima asks.

“There were a few tragedies and some more who are missing. Most of the passengers got off the ship safely, someone had seen them floating in the water when they grabbed you," she says, “You were in a coma for about 2 and a half weeks, you had a severe concussion and you had broken your arm and ankle.” 

Kirishima's face drained of color, he had just now processed what she had said. ‘A broken ankle and arm?’ He thought. That means he wouldn't be able to play basketball! He had gotten a scholarship on basketball and now he can't play! A million thoughts went through his head from whether Izuku was alright and what he was going to do when he goes back to school. While these thoughts were going through he had completely forgotten Mina who was now stirring in her sleep. When she finally opened her eyes and saw Kirishima awake and sitting up she started crying and threw herself on him.  

"Kiri?" She asks through sniffles. 

"Yeah, I'm here," he reassures her while she cries in her hands. 

"I thought you were never going to wake up. I was so worried about you!" Mina cries, grabbing the tissue box on the table next to her and loudly blows her nose into it. At the moment Kirishima really didn't know what to do, she was the one who screamed while she broke his heart and left him. Now she was here acting as if she actually cared, like she didn't say all those hurtful things to him that day. 

"I'm fine now but where is Izuku?" Kirishima asks her. 

"Um…" She didn't seem to want to answer the question.

"Please don't tell me that he's dead," Kirishima says, feeling tears well up in his eyes. No he couldn't lose his best friend, he wouldn't know how to go on without him. 

"Well not exactly."

"What do you mean 'not exactly?'" He asks. 

"They didn't find his body," Mina says. 

"So that means that he isn't dead right?" 

"I guess you could say that."

Izuku could still be alive. He might be somewhere out there floating on a raft or something, he knew that it was going to take a lot more than that to kill him especially after what happened with his ex boyfriend. Kirishima asked if Mina could grab him a water because he couldn't get up. Of course that was just a distraction to get her out of the room. The doctor explained that he could leave the hospital tomorrow and go home but he will need crutches. 

Sero and Uraraka walked into his room and started asking him millions of different questions. "Are you ok? Do you remember who I am? Do you think Midoriya is really dead?" Uraraka goes on with more questions. Kirishima was happy to try to answer them all but all he really wanted to do was go home. Mina walked back into the room with a water bottle and handed it to Kirishima. She turned around and greeted the others with hugs and a quick peck on the cheek. 

-

Kirishima fumbles with his keys as he tries to open his door, Kaminari was next to him trying to convince him that he could do it but Kirishima refused. Kaminari followed him into the apartment holding onto the stuff his friends got him. They sat down on the couch with a groan, Kirishima letting the crutches fall down next to him. He took the remote and put on something the two of them could watch.

First things first. Kirishima had to re dye his hair. He could see his black roots coming out of his head and it was annoying him. He didn't realize this until he got a good look at himself in the bathroom mirror. 

"Kaminari come here!" He yells.

There was a gumble and then footsteps going to the bathroom, "What do you need?" Kaminari asks. 

Pointing at his hair he says, "Can you help me dye my hair? I didn't realize you could see my roots until I came in here."

"Yeah sure dude," he smiles. 

-

Yawning Kirishima rose from his bed. He looked down on the floor next to him to see Kaminari passed out shirtless. He remembered the night before that he doesn't want to be home alone, not without Izuku. He asked Kaminari if he could stay the night and he agreed. 

He got up and stumbled over to the bathroom to get ready. It was still Winter break so he still had half a week to mope around and binge watch the episodes that he missed out on. The door of the bathroom opened and Kaminari walked in, his hair was messed up and he was rubbing his eyes. 

"Good morning, " he mumbles, grabbing his toothbrush and putting toothpaste on it. Kaminari was one of Kirishima's closer friends so he stayed over often so Kirishima always had an extra toothbrush for him. 

"I'm gonna make breakfast," Kirishima says after spitting the toothpaste out and walking out of the bathroom. Kaminari just grunted as a response. 

When Kaminari first heard that Kirishima and Midoriya had gotten in a shipwreck he was devastated. The first thing he did was rush to the hospital where he found Kirishima in a coma. He asked around to see where Midoriya was and he found out that he was missing. That hurt even more.

The three of them were all really close friends and were often found hanging out with each other so people started calling them the traffic lights. It was an inside joke between almost everyone they knew. For example, Kaminari would be sitting in class and would be zoning out, the professor would always say something like, "Pay attention Yellow Light!" And he would immediately know that he was in trouble. 

Now it was only red and yellow light. 

Kaminari could smell the pancakes in the air and it snapped him out of thought. He strolled over to the kitchen to see Kirishima in an apron cooking. 

Something wasn't right.

Shit.

He was going to burn the fucking house down. 

Kaminari knew something was wrong the moment he said he was going to cook breakfast. Kirishima couldn't cook for shit. Everytime he came over he always saw Midoriya making breakfast, lunch, or dinner. He had once explained to Kaminari that he's the one that's always cooking because Kirishima didn't know how to and if he did it was always terrible. The large scorch mark on the wall above the stove was a reminder of it. 

He walked over and peered over Kirishima's shoulder. He looked to the side of the premade pancake batter and took a deep breath. 'At least he didn't make a mess,' thought Kaminari. 

"Watcha doin?" He asks. 

Kirishima slightly jumps a little bit and glares at him, "I'm making food. If you're going to say anything about my cooking, i'm just gonna say that I know how to heat pans up and pour batter into it and flip it."

"Im proud of you. You only burnt one of them," Kaminari snickers.

"Yeah, I'm really proud of it, I'm so proud of it that I'm going to make you eat that one." Kirishima says sarcastically.

Kaminari giggles.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60K 2.5K 21
This is a BakuDeku fanfiction. Their latest battle took a turn for both Katsuki and Izuku after defeating the villain "Nine" to the point where they...
99.7K 1.5K 27
Izuku Midoriya is a boy that has gone through hell and back. He was bullied for not having a quirk all through middle school by his "best friend" Kat...
73.7K 2.5K 25
In the summer before high school, Deku went missing. But dispite his disappearance, Bakugōu got into UA just as he'd planned. Now the number one hero...
35.8K 1.3K 15
{Completed} Bakugou texts someone who he assumes is Deku, but instead finds himself talking to a very excited and friendly stranger. Language warning...