A Misunderstanding {completed}

By forgottencarwarranty

❕ WRITTEN AGES AGO, DON'T JUDGE ❕ 'He tried pushing his red-clad brother in the opposite direction, but that... More

Chapter 1 - The Time Machine.
Chapter 2 - In The Past?!
Chapter 3 - Game Console.
Chapter 4 - Impossible.
Chapter 5 - A Plan?

Chapter 8 - Love.

296 11 21
By forgottencarwarranty

After the eldest and paranoid Seville brother checked to see that they were back in their initial timeline and they were okay, he silently paraded and congratulated himself. They had travelled through time successfully.

Life was back to normal, or close as you could call 'normal'.

The red-clad had celebrated too, and as the days passed, discreetly decided the fragments of his plan. However, his carefully thought of strategy was somewhat saved and ruined by some news brought by none other than the chipettes:

"Hey, guys," Jeanette had called, and she was lugging a purple suitcase laced with lilac and white hearts. "The treehouse- termites again. Can- can we stay here for a few days? Please?"

Brittany had thought of appealing to Dave if they declined, but Jeanette had thought it unfair if they boys didn't consent.

But Alvin was the first to immediately reply, and that was an answer of 'Sure! Come on in!', figuring out this would help with his plan. Although he did resent the idea too; his plan was smart and cunning and was getting stomped on by a better opportunity. Alvin was stubborn.

The others were surprised by this unexpected reaction - usually Alvin put up a weak fight before gradually agreeing. But they decided to let it slip. Most of them did, anyway.

* * *

It was a rainy evening, each individual off doing their own thing in the Seville residence. An ideal setting for the plan. Not perfect, but Alvin was tired of waiting.

"Ugh, what now?" was Brittany's deflating response when he called his eldest brother and his love interest over. It downhearted him a bit, but he wasn't going to give up over three words.

Alvin picked up last years addition of the magazine, which held the blank test. He'd spent ages going around to the people from his school who he knew had a younger sister - it was quite a flashy, girly magazine 9 year olds would enjoy - and finally got one off Camille, handing her 5 dollars for her suffering of digging through her 'bratty' sister's room. However many dog-eared corners, scruffs, and ripped out pages with 'Fail-Proof Advice for Love!', the old, musty magazine held the test he needed. The pages he was desperate for.

"Here, Simon, remember this test? Take it."

Simon's look of defiance and incredulity was almost enough to make him back off, but he held his ground. "Please, please- I'll- I'll let you..have longer on the video game system? Choose the next movie or vacation? Video me dancing the Talking Teddy signature dance and send it to the chipettes? S-"

"Whoa, Alvin Seville offering his dignity for a 'phony' test? No way. But fine, I'll do it if you're so desperate. But I want either the video game offer or the movie offer."

"Fine- do it. Now!"

"And what will I do? You called me here." swiftly interrupted Brittany.

"Just- just wait. Please, Britt, I'll owe you." Alvin begged.

The lemon-blonde raised a skeptical eyebrow. "Owe me what?"

"Oh- well- uh- I dunno! We'll see after."

"..fine." Brittany could not resist Alvin's pleading gaze. Oh, and the 'I Owe You' promise should haul up interesting results.

And those agreements were relief for Alvin; his proof was on its way.

* * *

After a hefty hour of silence and scribbles, the test had been completed.

"Ooh, lemme read these results." said Alvin mockingly, snatching the test out of Simon's hand. and calculating the answers.

Brittany once again raised an eyebrow. Simon made to snatch it back, but Alvin batted him off. "Listen to this! Your soulmate.. loves the colour purple, wears glasses, is kind and considerate, loves nature.. and her name begins with the letter J."

A tint of pale pink dusted Simon's cheek.

"Shocker." muttered Brittany sarcastically.

Alvin looked at them for the shocked reaction, and hopefully the breakup. But they stayed staring.

"What- do you not care, Brittany?"

His words seemed to touch a nerve.

"Ugh, Alvin, of course I care!! I already knew!! I finished the test with him ages ago-" she suddenly looked shocked. "I should not have said that."

By the look Simon was giving her, that seemed to be clear.

"Alvin." she said. "You owe us an explanation."

* * *

They stared at him. Eyes penetrating Alvin's skull and boring into his mind's eye.

Alvin had just explained everything, apart from his love for Brittany. Ruining the whole plan - not like it was going well anyway.

"Alright, alright, get your eyes off me! I've confessed, what more should I give away? My-"

"You've given us your explanation." Simon quickly interrupted, knowing that when Alvin's state was like this the sentences flowing out of his mouth were either a bare minimum or worse than his mentality.

He looked over at Brittany.

"Should we tell him?"

Brittany slowly nodded, before standing up. Without any sign of warning she ran over to the window and clutched the handles of the zip wire, cold metal seeping into the warmth of her skin, and pushed. She flew down and into the termite infested treehouse.

Alvin looked worryingly over at Simon.

"Don't worry, she'll go through the front door back here; she can't stand any type of insect, you know that." reasurred Simon airily.

Alvin couldn't take it anymore.

"Oh yeah, because you know all about her now, don't you? Spending every second of the day staring at her, you probably snog her in private. You're dating and there's no point denying it." Alvin paused, then continued in a soft, wounded tone.

"And it hurts. It hurts because I want her. It hurts because I love her."

Tears were trickling slowly down his cheek, and Simon went up to comfortingly embrace his brother. Alvin didn't have the strength to push him away.

"Why do you think we're together?" he questioned softly.

"I- I heard her confessing to you."

We were m-meant to be.. It's love, right?

"Confessing?" Simon looked confused, and Alvin couldn't tell whether he was acting or not. "When?"

"Her saying some shit about 'we' - you and her, obviously - meaning to be in love."

Simon looked stunned.

"Alvin.."

"What?" he spat, trying to prepare himself for the harsh blow.

"I- Brittany wasn't talking about me. She was talking-" he paused, smirked, and said "about you."

Alvin's thoughts suddenly swirled. His head was pounding; he couldn't think. But he had a feeling he heard correctly. And that was a beacon of light through everlasting darkness.

"I'm your twin, I know you almost the same way you know yourself. She knows that, so she came to me to confess, and anyway, it's fair since she's known about Jeanette and me for more than a year ands kept it locked away."

The red-clad knew this was his only chance of getting to ask the questions that suddenly flew to his mind, and he knew his twin wouldn't judge him or say anything deflating. Simon knew his brother wanted to severely question him, but didn't make any move as so not to pressure him.

"So- she meant me?"

Simon pushed over the urge to respond with a sarcastic comment. Instead he assured Alvin "It would have still meant the same thing if she has said 'me and Alvin.'"

"I- ohmygosh- I'm an idiot-"

"Confirmed," responded Simon dryly.

* * *

Question after question. An hour it went on for.

Simon answered everything with patience, slipping a sarcastic remark in every so often. Alvin didn't mind; he finally had answers.

After the hour was over and the red-clad was satisfied, he then asked his last question.

"What do I do now?"

Simon smirked. "Ah, dear brother, that's your choice. No- don't give me that look- fine, confront her,"

"You think so?" Alvin asked, retreating his hands which had been positioned to tickle his elder twin.

"How would I know?"

"Good point. If I ever needed to know the details of some geometric problem I'll have you in mind."

"Good choice, now go out there and confront Brittany."

* * *
Alvin pushed the door open, surprised to see Brittany sitting again it. She tumbled over.

"Oh-, h-hey Alvin.."

But this was finally the moment, and he wasn't going to be a stuttering mess and ruin this awkwardly. Nope, that was the opposite of Alvin Seville ™.

He took a deep breath.

"Brittany.. I-i love you. Everything about you, from your pink obsession to your annoyingly attractive personality. And I never realised all those until I overheard you and Simon talking about me. I never knew what was about to be taken away from me."

He wasn't sure what to expect and how to react, so he was relieved when it was a brave confronting reaction, mirroring his own.

"Alvin, I love you as well. I- I dunno what made me realise, I just.. did. And now that you're here and we- we feel the same and everything, I'm happy. No, I'm way more than happy. Because of you."

Alvin suddenly had a fleeting idea that it might be a prank- a test- and planned his reaction of saying 'lol how crazy is that' and processing to jump out the nearest window. But Brittany's expression told him this was real.

Brittany slowly smiled.

"About time. You may."

And that was the moment. Finally. After all these years and heartbreaking moments. Finally.

They kissed.

Snap.

They broke the kiss immediately.

"What was-"

They turned around. Eleanor was clutching her phone in her hand, holding it up in a position that would suggest she had just snapped a shot of Alvin and Brittany kissing.

"You did not-" Alvin started, but Theodore wordlessly flexed the photo at him, which he had been recently sent.

"So, is it official?" asked Jeanette cheekily.

Alvin looked over at the girl he just kissed. She looked back.

"Yes."

"Alvin Seville is a shining example of what one can do when he or she finally finds and shags the person he or she loves!" Eleanor said in a fake commercial voice.

"Oh shut up, you wish you had guts to confess, like me." Alvin shot back.

Eleanor suddenly froze, as if contemplating her next move.

"What if I do?"

Everyone stared at her.

"Theodore-"

"I love you too," the words spilled out of Theodore's mouth without his consent. He mentally slapped himself.

Eleanor blinked.

"That's.. fortunate! I love you."

Theodore mentally un-slapped himself, just in time for Eleanor's lips to clumsily crash against his own.

Suddenly, everyone looked at Simon and Jeanette expectantly.

"How cute," said Jeanette nervously, pretending she couldn't see the eyes staring at her. She hated people staring. She hated all the eyes on her.

Alvin sighed. But he wasn't going to push them. After everything, he had realised he had all the time in the world right now. And he was going to waste it away, with his one love.

* * *

Alvin Seville was dating Brittany Miller. And he enjoyed every bit of it, because he no longer had to pretend he had this.. rivalry with her, and every small argument could be considered normal. No couple could act perfect all the time.

Alvin Seville loved Brittany Miller, and as she did to him. They were constantly pecking each other on he cheek, and Brittany enjoyed doing so while Alvin was in the middle of a very serious video game with Bo Carter.

Alvin had realised that without the whole time-travel fiasco and mis-interpenetrating said words between his brother and his love, this would have never happened. And he was grateful, so grateful, and he planned to pay the fates back somehow. Oh, and his brother. Alvin had a few ideas for that. **

He was forever grateful for that misunderstanding.

** should I make a second story to this, maybe called "operation simonette" or something, containing ways on which everyone tries to get Simon and Jeanette to confess, and could maybe even be based off your comment ideas? what do you think? (please answer I dunno if I should or not)

hi there, and thanks for sticking with me through the whole story! its been fun writing it and receiving comments, and im grateful for all the votes ive gotten:) | any criticism/ things you enjoyed about the story would be very helpful for the f u t u r e

woop this is the end -insert random emoji [which I am unable to do due to the fact im currently on computer]-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

164K 4.9K 51
matilda styles, will you be my valentine? (please reject me so i can move on) ⋆ ˚。⋆୨💌୧⋆ ˚。⋆ IN WHICH christopher sturniolo falls for nepo baby or...
1M 38.6K 90
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...
491K 20.2K 61
╰┈➤ *⋆❝ 𝐢'𝐝 𝐫𝐚𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐬𝐞 𝐦𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞 𝐭𝐚𝐛𝐥𝐞 𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐫𝐞𝐬𝐮𝐥𝐭 𝐨𝐟 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐩𝐢𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐨𝐟𝐟 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞-𝐛...
846K 51.8K 116
Kira Kokoa was a completely normal girl... At least that's what she wants you to believe. A brilliant mind-reader that's been masquerading as quirkle...