Turning Tides- Snape's Sister...

By jade_diamond11

Evelyn Snape is a werewolf. (Just don't tell anyone). She's also the twin of Severus and both are best friend... More

Prologue- Just a Pair of Redheads and a Slimeball
Chapter 1- Meeting the Mischief Makers
Chapter 2- Into the Snake Den
Chapter 3- Tensions Rising
Chapter 4- A Centaur with a Solution
Chapter 5- Fooling the Fools
Chapter 6- First Detention
Chapter 7- Maps and Blackmail
Chapter 8- The Boy with Hazel Eyes
Chapter 9- A Rather Dismal Announcement
Chapter 10- Painful Transformations
Chapter 11- Banters About A Ball
Chapter 12- Unpleasant Holidays
Chapter 13- Wolfsbane Decisions
Chapter 14- Guilt
Chapter 15- Protecting Snivellus
Chapter 16- End of 5th Year
Chapter 17- Flirtations for a New Year
Chapter 18- Flying Dangerously
Chapter 19- The Wolf's Out of the Bag
Chapter 20- It's a Scary World Out There
Chapter 21- Redemption
Chapter 22- Wisdom from Dumbles
Chapter 23- Comfort from a Boy with Bedhead
Chapter 24- A Whirlwind Kiss
Chapter 25- So the Romance Begins
Chapter 26- Nerves and Quidditch
Chapter 27- Potter's Not a Complete Toerag, Lily
Chapter 28- Lily's Confession
Chapter 29- It All Comes Undone
Chapter 30- Six Months Later
Chapter 31- Strange Encounters of Diagon Alley
Chapter 32- James Has An Army?
Chapter 33- Teenage Mischief
Chapter 34- Missions with Moody
Chapter 35- Patronus Pairs
Chapter 36- Order Meetings and Hope
Chapter 37- Potter Christmas Party
Author's Note
Chapter 38- There's a War Burning
Chapter 39- Regulus's Plan
Chapter 40- Into the Cave
Chapter 41- Kreacher
Chapter 42- RAB
Chapter 43- Deerly Beloved
Chapter 44- The Spy
Chapter 45- Matchmaker
Chapter 46- Surprise!?
Chapter 47- The End
Chapter 48- Or Is It?
Chapter 50- Turning Tides
Author's Note

Chapter 49- Madness of the Ministry

8.6K 257 24
By jade_diamond11

"You're insane," Evelyn managed a weak grin as she ducked into a telephone box alongside her brother. "You do realize you're a criminal for helping me now?"

Severus rolled his eyes, placing a few gallons into the coin slot. "Nothing I haven't been before." The booth shuddered and began to descend into the ground.

"That was surprisingly easy," Evelyn frowned as she rubbed her stomach nervously. "Didn't think I could get into the ministry through a telephone booth on the streets of London."

"You're lucky it wasn't the toilets."

Evelyn was cut off from questioning Severus further was the booth screeched to a halt, grazing the ground of a huge lobby. Emerald tiles covered nearly every area of the open space as wizards and witches bustled across the expanse. In the center stood a large golden statue, a wizard in the center proudly shooting water from the tip of his wand.

"Never thought I'd be trying to break in," Evelyn smiled fondly as she scanned the crowds. "James always said—" she looked down in shame, feeling a wave of sadness.

Severus reached over, squeezing her hand. "We will get him back." He gazed at her seriously as he leaned closer and lowered his voice. "I have a plan."

Evelyn listened to his words carefully, her eyes widening as she brushed her hair into a low knot. "You really think that the time tuner won't—"

"I can't guarantee anything," Severus interrupted, leading her down the atrium. "But its our best shot. Either way, the Dark Lord won't be destroyed forever. But," he pinned her down with his dark eyes. "Promise me you will only make that choice if there is no other."

Evelyn grinned, a flare of mischief sparking in her gaze as she tapped her wand on her head, performing a Disillusionment Charm and fading into the background. "You know I can't."

Severus rolled his eyes, but pulled out a swath of silver fabric from inside his satchel, looking around to make sure there was no one paying attention. "I can't believe Potter has had an invisibility cloak the entire time." He grimaced. "Explains a lot."

She managed a small smile as they strode down the corridor towards a set of lifts that led to all corners of the Ministry. Squeezing in with a pair of rather short wizards, Evelyn and Severus positioned themselves at the back, careful to not brush the men's bodies and expose themselves.

"You know," the wizard with the darker hair turned to look over at his friend. "If Snivellus wanted to use the cloak, he should have used a bit of cologne to disguise his stench."

Evelyn's mouth fell open. "SIRIUS?"

The second man smiled slightly, his lips twisting at the corners of his mouth. "Did you hear that, Padfoot? It sounds like a ghost is speaking to us."

"Well, I would tell said ghost," the wizard who was quite obviously Sirius rolled his eyes. "That she is an idiot for trying to leave us out of the greatest prank of all. And that Wormy and Evans are waiting downstairs to help them through the Department of Mysteries."

There was a sudden jolt as the lift hit the bottom floor and Evelyn fell backward, hitting her head on the wall with a wince.

"Always such a klutz," Sirius pulled out his wand, back to his usual features. Remus leaned down and offered Evelyn a hand with a tight smile.

Evelyn accepted it with a grateful nod, placing her hand over her stomach as she stepped off the lift into a circular room. It was lit by a few torches that hung randomly from the ceiling, revealing a series of doors.

Remus scanned each worriedly. "Which one do we choose?"

Sirius shrugged from where he stood beside him, leaping forward eagerly. "Only one way to find out."

"NO!"

It was too late. The dark-haired man had pushed open the first door, leading them into a dark cavern. Stone encircled the walls, the space empty besides a large archway that stood in the center. An ominous veil swept down towards the floor, covering the entrance.

"I don't like this," Evelyn whispered, her eyes wide.

Sirius stood ahead of the group, gazing at the veil with a bewildered expression. "It sounds like it's calling to me."

Remus immediately stepped forward, placing a hand on his friend's arm. "Let's go."

Evelyn grabbed Sirius's fingers worriedly as she practically dragged him from the cavern and back to the door room where two new figures stood waiting for them.

"Lily!" Evelyn let out a sigh of relief as she ran over and threw her arms around the redhead. Smiling slightly, she turned and did the same to Peter. "You're here."

"Someone's got to help you get Potter back," Lily squeezed her shoulders gently.

"We should split up," Severus broke the silence as he strode forward irritably, obviously impatient. Lily laid a soft hand on his arm and a bit of tension released from his shoulders.

Sirius gave a noise of disgust. "You are so whipped."

Evelyn sighed as her twin turned a deep red. "We have to focus." She adjusted her cloak nervously as she attempted to construct a plan. "We should pair up and try each door until we come to the time room. Send a Patronus to the others if you find it."

There was a moment of shuffling as Peter and Remus moved together and Sirius took Lily's arm with a smirk. Evelyn stared as Severus walked over to her side, sure that he would have been with her redheaded best friend.

"You're my sister," he muttered quietly. "Of course I stand with you."

The moment was shattered as several pops sounded throughout the room, members of the Order apparating into the chamber. Kingsley Shacklebolt raised his wand in Evelyn's direction, a sadness gleaming in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Mrs. Potter. But we cannot allow you to meddle with time."

Evelyn shook her head, grasping her own wand and creating a nonverbal shield charm. "I have to." With that, she turned and threw herself through the doorway, disappearing into the darkness.

Severus slammed the door behind them, murmuring a few protection spells. He turned to face her with a solemn expression. "This will hold, but not for long."

Evelyn nodded, beginning to sprint down the aisle between shelves of strange objects. "Let's hope this works."

The pair turned down several more corridors before they were stopped by a large tank that rose from the stone floor. It held a strange, murky water that seemed to glow in the dim light. Evelyn stepped forward cautiously.

"Are those.. brains?"

Severus was interrupted from responding as a large crash sounded behind them. A group of Order members, headed by Moody, charged towards them, sending curses at a rapid pace.

Evelyn grunted as she dodged to the side, narrowly escaping a nasty yellow hex. "STUPEFY!"

One cloaked figure crumbled to the floor and she looked at Severus with a smirk. "I beat—"

There was a resounding crack as one of the stray spells hit the tank, shattering the glass into pieces. Evelyn stumbled out of the way of the torrent of water, narrowly escaping the tentacles that crawled out of the brains toward her. Severus wasn't so lucky.

Her twin struggled against the bonds, his face turning a deep purple. "Take... this.." he grunted, shoving a small velvet box into Evelyn's hands.

She stared at the small golden ring that glittered inside, diamonds entwining across the surface to form a lily. "No way.." she started towards her brother, pulling out her wand and aiming it at the brains.

"I'll take care of it, Potter." Moody appeared from behind her, grunting as a tentacle attempted to wrap itself around his wooden leg.

Evelyn stared at her former mentor, her eyes widening in shock. "But.. Dumbledore.."

"Doesn't always have to be listened to," Moody finished, slicing off one of the brains from Severus's leg with a grimace. "The Time Room is down the corridor to your right." His blue eyes swiveled around to glare at her when she didn't move. "GO!"

Evelyn sprinted down the stone, her shoes making an echo through the hall. Without pausing for a breath, Evelyn rounded the corner and threw herself through the nearest doorway.

The entire room was golden. The metallic colour shimmered on the walls, illuminated by several lamps that had been strategically placed in the corners. All sorts of clocks hung from the ceiling, dutifully keeping the time, although each seemed to read a different number than the others. In the center of the room grew a small golden tree, its branches curling out to touch each wall. From these swung various necklaces of all sizes, each containing an hourglass charm.

Evelyn held her breath as she took a few steps forward, reaching out her hand to grasp the nearest one. She stared at the time turner as it swung from her fingers rhythmically. Shaking herself, she placed the chain around her neck and cast an affectionate look to her stomach. "Time to get your father back." Delicately, she spun the hourglass several times and everything became a blur. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11K 232 37
"Severus Snape hasn't always been the best man. But when it matters most, he undergoes a treacherous journey that no one has done before- bringing th...
244 6 8
Sylvia Snape, the younger sister to Severus Snape, never intended to return to Hogwarts, not since her last year as a student. But when Albus Dumbled...
24.6K 540 21
Terra Lancaster is a new Hogwarts student. She left her old school, Ilvermorny School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, in North America, for reasons to be...
4K 264 50
The Marauders are enjoying their time Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Little do they know that Soviet wizards are assisting a man named T...