Family is more than DNA

By Agent-bored-Rose

This is the 3rd slibbs fanfic I've written (you should probably read the others first) Jack and Gibbs' relati... More

(Part 1) Monday Morning Blues
(Part 2) Mermories
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15
Part 16
Part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
Part 23

Part 9

246 7 4
By Agent-bored-Rose

IN TORRES AND BISHOP'S CAR:

Bishop parks the car near the door of the Red Haring, they get out and walk to the door. "Excuse me is anyone here?" Bishop says once her and Nick are inside.

A young man probably about 30 walked to the front of the restaurant desk. "Sorry but we don't open till 4:30 p.m., so you and your boyfriend will have to come back then." He smiled.

Bishop turned to Nick and said. "Why does everyone think we're dating?"

"Ha I don't know." Nick looked back at the guy and said. "Well actually we'd like to ask you some questions about......" Nick started to trail off as a super muscular guy walked out of the back room.

"Like I said we're not open yet." The first guy said as the really muscular guy looks at Nick.

"Look we are NCIS and we would like to ask you..."

"Ellie don't!" Nick said, looking around at the other guys coming out of the kitchen and back room.

"Some questions." Bishop says holding out her badge.

"So you two are feds and there's just the two of you here?"

"Yes, we are federal agents but on the way here we called in backup." Bishop said as she took out her gun.

"Duck!" Nick yelled as he pulled her behind one of the tables as the five guys started shooting at them. Nick pushed over the table on its side and they used it as cover.

"Thanks." Bishop said looking at Nick.

"That was really dumb Ellie!" He said, shooting his gun.

"I know, I know!" Ellie said as she shot one of the guys.

Nick stood up, shot another guy and ducked back.

After the shooting died down Nick and Ellie stood up and checked the restaurant out.

"Don't you ever do that again." Nick smiled.

"What shoot all the bad guys?" Ellie said as they walked into the back room.

"No I don't wanna lose another..."

"Partner? Yeah, don't worry." Bishop said walking ahead of Nick.

"Sofia..." Nick said quietly.

"Nick we got a runner!" Bishop says as a young man runs out the back door.

"On it!" Nick says as he bolts off after the guy.

Bishop quickly walks out the front door.

*SLAM!* Nick cuffed the guy as he leaned against the car. "Heh, and he thought he could outrun me!" Nick smiled.

"Great job, Nick." Bishop said, rolling her eyes as she opened the back door of the car.

Nick put the guy in the back of the car and closed the door. "Thanks, but what can I say I'm good at my job." He said as he and Bishop got in the car.

"And so humble too." Bishop said sarcastically. "I'll call Jimmy." She says, getting out her phone.

AT NCIS HQ:

"Mr Gibbs what was it like in the Marines?" Kelly asked as Gibbs bounced her on his lap.

Kate looked at Gibbs from where she sat at McGee's desk, curious about his answer.

"Well..." Gibbs said as he thought about how tell a five year old girl that he was a sniper. "It was nice to work with a good team and...."

"Boss, I'm done with Mason Ramos and get this." McGee said walking into the bullpen.

"Oh Cowboy guess what!" Jack said, walking down the stairs to the bullpen.

"Oh hey Jack."

"Sorry, go ahead Tim." Jack said as she stood by Gibbs' desk.

"Well boss, Kasie and I were digging into Mason to see if he had any connection to Gray or King and, as it turns out Gray and King lived in the same apartment complex as kids." McGee said.

"And Mason was in los Desalmados at the same time they were." Jack added, looking up from the folder in her hand.

Just then the elevator doors opened and out walked Nick and Bishop leading Mason Ramos cuffed around the back of the bullpen. "Hey, we're back!" Nick said.

"We'll take him in the interrogation room for ya Gibbs." Bishop said, smiling as she noticed how close Jack was standing to him.

"Thanks." Gibbs said, taking Kelly off his lap and standing up.

Bishop nodded as she and Nick walked away.

Kate looked at Gibbs then said. "Kelly and I can wait in Jack's office." She stood up and held Kelly's hand.

"Okay, we'll get ya when I'm done." Gibbs says as he quickly walks to the interrogation.

"Hold up Cowboy!" Jack says following him down the hall.

As they walk to the interrogation room door, Jack says. "Okay Gibbs, Mason has a extremely short temper so you can use that and let's see..."

"I'll just skim your profile." Gibbs says, kissing Jack's cheek and taking file from her arm, before walking in the room.

Jack smiled and said out loud. "You're welcome Cowboy." Before she opened the door and walked in the observation room.

THOUGH THE TWO WAY MIRROR:
Gibbs stood in the corner of the room leaning against the wall, looking at the profile.

After a few minutes Mason asked impatiently. "Are you just gonna stand there?!"

Gibbs looked up at him, snapped the folder shut then sat down in the chair across from him. "Why? You got somewhere to be?"

"Maybe, I do?" Mason shrugged, causing his left hoodie sleeve to slide up.

Gibbs looked at his left hand. "Okay." He said, leaning back in his chair.

"COME ON MAN! ASK ME SOMETHING! So I can leave!"

"Okay, how's this?" Gibbs asked in a even toned voice, before slamming Mason's left hand into the table. "How'd this happened?"

"Ow!! What the h*ll man!?" Mason yelled, gently holding his left hand.

Jack looked at Gibbs though the glass and crossed her arms. "What are you doing in there?"

"Well I mean... I know what happened on Tuesday, you and your buddy Ray King, thought it would be a good idea to kill sergeant Gray." Gibbs slammed down a still from the security video, showing the two men standing next the door in their ski masks and dark hoodies.

Mason looked at the picture. "Yeah.... there no way you can say that's me with King."

"Yeah that would be true if my forensic scientist didn't find your DNA in the security camera you tried to destroy. So stand up." Gibbs said, forcing Mason to his feet. "Come on, let's go."

"Whoa hold on old man! Where are taking me?!"

"Jail for murder." Gibbs smiled as he led him to the door.

"Oh! Good thinking Cowboy." Jack smiled as she watched Gibbs.

"Wait hold! All I did for King was get that old P.I. dude to follow Jesse and drive the van! I didn't kill anybody! He killed Jesse not me!"

Gibbs roughly sat Mason back down in the chair. "True, then tell me why your buddy King wanted to kill him?"

"It uh.. was a private matter."

"Accessory to murder, impersonating a marine, withholding information in a investigation, and resisting arrest." Gibbs wrote something in the profile then he looked back to Mason. "Let's see that's.. you don't need to be anywhere in the next 15 to 20 years do ya?"

"All right fine! But if I tell ya, I get less time?"

"I'll talk to the D.A."

"Okay then, all I know is 7 years back Jesse took something from Los Desalmados and King needed it, now he never told me what."

"Sergeant Gray wasn't in Los Desalmados 7 years ago, what are you talking about?"

"Well he was! I don't know what to tell ya okay!"

"Okay, we're done here." Gibbs nodded and left the interrogation room with the  folder.

Jack studied Mason's face then said out loud. "Uh he really doesn't know?" She crossed her arms.

"Yep."

Jack jumped slightly. "Whoa Gibbs, didn't see ya there." She said looking at him.

"Oh." Gibbs walked to Jack and put his arms around her waste as they faced the mirror. "What do you think?" He asked before kissing her neck.

Jack smiled as she held his hands. "I think.." Jack leans into Gibbs and kisses him on the cheek. "I think you're distracting me."

Gibbs smiles. "Yeah maybe."

Just then the door swings open, Gibbs quickly lets go of Jack, she turns around and holds up the profile.

"So what are you and the team doing next?" Jack asks. "Oh hey Ellie, what's up?" Jack says, looking at Bishop, standing in the doorway.

Hey Jack, Gibbs, Jimmy just called from the from the restaurant."

"Yeah, and?"

"He found some cocaine in the back and McGee asked me to find you."

"Okay I'll meet ya in the bullpen." Gibbs says as the three of them walk out into the hallway.

"Okay." Bishop nods before she left.

Gibbs and Jack start walking back then Jack laughed.

"What?"

"The profile was upside down." Jack says smiling.

"Oh." Gibbs laughs as they walk down the empty hall hand in hand.

IN THE BULLPEN:

"Hey Tim what should I get for thanksgiving?" Nick asked.

"Um I'm not sure, but you can ask Jimmy who's bringing what."

"I found Gibbs, he was with Jack in the observation room."

"What were they both doing in there?" Nick asked smiling mischievously.

Bishop rolled her eyes. "They were just going over the case Nick!"

"What's up McGee?" Gibbs said as he and Jack walked in the bullpen.

"Hey boss, Bishop, Nick and I are going back to the restaurant, because Jimmy found 30 kg of cocaine..."

"I know Bishop told me. Go."

As the three agents start to leave Bishop looks back at Jack and smiles.

"Jack notices Bishop looking at her, she mouthed "stop it."  Then Jack walks up the stairs with Gibbs.

"So do you think the girls would like to go with us to the thanksgiving thing tomorrow?"  Gibbs asked as they walked to Jack's office.

"Well I think that's a wonderful idea Cowboy, but let's ask them."

"Okay."

IN THE CAR:

"Am I really the only person to notice?"

"What are you talking about Bishop?" McGee asked as he drove the car.

"What's going on?" Nick looks up from his phone. "Turn here Tim."

"Come on guys! Gibbs and Jack were both late and she wearing the same outfit from yesterday."

"Oh yeah! At this point their thing is pretty much official." Nick smiled.

"So I guess rule 12 is out the window." Bishop laughed.

"What's that one? Oh keep going straight here."

"Thanks Nick, Gibbs' rule 12 is never date a coworker." McGee answered.

"Huh that's oddly specific? How many rules does he have?"

"Who knows." Bishop laughed.

BACK AT NCIS:

"Hey girls." Gibbs said as he and Jack walked in her office.

"Hey Gibbs how'd it go?" Kate asked, looking up from her sketchpad.

"Good." Gibbs said as he sat in the chair across from where Kate sat at Jack's desk. "Hey Kate, some of my friends are having a thanksgiving party tomorrow, would you like to go?"

"Um yeah sure, Kelly would really like that."

"Okay good."

"Can we visit my friend Abby today?"

"Yeah, maybe after lunch though?" Gibbs said.

Jack walked over to the couch then said "Hey Kelly."

"Hi!" Kelly turned Kate's phone off and sat up. "Can we get pizza and see Abby now?"

"Yeah Gibbs, can we?" Jack smiled and looked at Gibbs.

"Maybe we could meet Abby and her mom at for pizza?" Kate suggested.

"Good thinking Kate, let's call her mom and see if that's okay." Jack said as they started to leave.

MEANWHILE AT THE RESTAURANT:

McGee, Bishop and Torres walked into the main part of the restaurant as Jimmy bagging one of the bodies.

"Oh hey guys. The drugs are in the back room, it's behind the table."

"Thanks Jimmy." McGee said.

INSIDE THE BACK ROOM:

"And there it is." Nick said, looking under the table.

"Uh McGee I need some help!" Jimmy called out from the other room.

"You guys bag the cocaine, I'll check on Jimmy."

Bishop snapped on her gloves. "Does that wall look odd to you?" Bishop points to a part in the wall that has some water damage That caused it to bow out.

"Oh yeah." Nick says as they walk over to the wall.

Bishop pushed on the wall and it opened, revealing a large hidden compartment with clear bags of white power and stacks of $100 bills.

"Whoa!" Nick and Bishop said in unison.

"This has to be at least 20 more kg of cocaine!" Bishop said, looking through the bags.

"And like a million dollars!" Nick said looking at all the money.

McGee walked in. "What's going on? What happened?"

"Yo McGee look what we found in the walls."

"Whoa, I should call Gibbs." McGee said taking his phone out of his pocket.

MEANWHILE AT THE PIZZA ARCADE:

Gibbs, Jack, Kate, and Kelly walked inside, as Gibbs started to ask. "Hey Kate what does Abby look...."

As a teenage girl with two black ponytails ran to Kate and hugged her. "KATE!  Hey Kelly!" She said hugging her too.

"Hey Abby, it's really good to see you." Kate said, hugging Abby again

"Kate did you have the dream again?"

"I'm really hungry where's your mom?"

Abby rolled her eyes. "We saved a table in the corner, come on." Abby gestured to a booth in the corner of the room. Abby then looked at Gibbs. "Oh you must be agent Gibbs, hi." Abby said, shaking his hand.

"Yeah, I am." Gibbs said before he looked at Jack and smiled.

"Well she seems familiar." Jack says as they follow the girls.

"Little bit."Gibbs said, looking at Abby's red and black bat sweater, black skirt and black high top shoes.

"Kate, Kelly, Abby told me what happened. How are you doing?" Abby's mom said, standing up from the booth.

"Uh fine.." Kate said, messing with one of her hoodie strings.

Gibbs and Jack walked to the booth.

"Oh hello, I'm Robin." Abby's mom said, shaking Gibbs' hand.

"I'm agent Gibbs and this is agent Sloane."

"Mom, can we play some games before the pizzas get here!"

"Sure, go ahead Abby."

"Thanks!" Abby said before the 3 girls ran off.

Robin sat back down. "So you must be the agents investigating Jesse's death."

"Yes we are." Jack said as she sat across from her.

"He was a great uncle to Kate and Kelly and so sweet to me and Abby, he helped me finally find a job....."

Robin, Jack and Gibbs talked for bit then the pizza came and the girls got back to the table.

After they finished the pizza and the girls went back to playing the games and Gibbs' phone began to ring *ring*ring* "I'll be back." Gibbs said as he walked away a bit and took McGee's call. "Yeah McGee what's up?"

"Hey boss, Bishop and Torres found more cocaine and a million dollars in the wall of the restaurant.."

Nick called out from over the phone. "Yo Tim the money! It's counterfeit!"

"All of it?" McGee asked."

"Yeah dude all the money's fake!"

"I'll be there in 30 minutes." Gibbs says as he ends the call. He then walks back to the table and says. "I gotta go, I see ya later." Gibbs says, picking up his jacket.

"Well good thing we took two cars." Jack added, smiling.

"Yeah." Gibbs said as he walked to the door the left.

"We should be going too." Robin said getting her purse from the booth. "It was really nice meeting you Jack."

"It was nice to meet you too Robin." Jack shook her hand.

"Come on Abby."

"Coming mom!" Abby called out as she hugged Kate and Kelly. "Bye guys." Abby said before following her mom.

Jack walked over to Kate and Kelly then asked. "You Girls ready to go?"

"Yeah." Kate said.

"Uh huh." Kelly nodded, holding Jack and Kate's hands as they left.

IN JACK'S CAR:

"What am I gonna wear to the thanksgiving party tomorrow?" Kelly asked.

"It's not too fancy but maybe a dress..."

"Katie! I wanna wear my green dress with the sparkles and the roses! Wouldn't that be pretty?" Kelly jumped in her seat, happily.

Kate smiled. "Yeah Kelly you'd look very pretty." She said, hugging her little sister. "But Jack all of our dresses and stuff are still at uncle Jesse's house?"

"Oh.. that's okay Kate, we can go, I'll just tell Gibbs."

"Really, thanks." Kate smiled.

Jack pulled over to the road and called Gibbs. "Hey Gibbs, so I'm gonna take the girls to Jesse Gray's house to pick up some clothes, that's okay right?"

"Yeah go ahead, just replace the door sticker on the door."

"I will, bye Cowboy."

"Bye Jack."

Jack ended the call then turned to Kate. "So how do we get there?"

"I'll show ya." Kate said as she got out of the car and sat down in the passenger front seat.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

60.9K 1K 27
A new case for the NCIS. And someone from Bishop's past
21.7K 369 26
When Nick joins the NCIS team he automatically catches agent Bishop's eye. I don't own NCIS or any or the characters. COMPLETED
37K 913 24
First of; I don't own NCIS nor do I own any of the characters from the show. The only character that I do consider owning is my own made up one - Oli...
33.8K 573 28
Bishop has been married and divorced before to Mr. Jake Malloy, a lawyer do the NSA. Torres has been in Gibbs' Squad for about a two years, he has al...