room 609 | r.p

By sstylesz

quick tip; avoid having your apartment number as 609, boys are more immature than you think. social media x... More

«
t h e • c a s t
m e e t • s y d !
o n e
t w o
t h r e e
f o u r
f i v e
s i x
s e v e n
e i g h t
n i n e
t e n
e l e v e n
t w e l v e
t h i r t e e n
f o u r t e e n
s i x t e e n
s e v e n t e e n
e i g h t e e n
n i n e t e e n
t w e n t y
t w e n t y • o n e
t w e n t y • t w o
t w e n t y • t h r e e
t w e n t y • f o u r
t w e n t y • f i v e
t w e n t y • s i x
t w e n t y - s e v e n
t w e n t y - e i g h t
t w e n t y - n i n e
t h i r t y
t h i r t y - o n e
t h i r t y - t w o
t h i r t y - t h r e e
t h i r t y • f o u r
t h i r t y • f i v e

f i f t e e n

16.6K 389 200
By sstylesz

• • •

twitter.com

syd 🕺 @/ssydneystanley
"chase isn't actually that immature in real life", wrong 😍 he took all my blankets off my bed and put them in the bathtub because he didn't get a 'proper' mention in the article... do with this what you want 🤌
15,065 likes | 9,346 retweets

user @/user
one question... was the bath on?

syd 🕺 @ssydneystanley
reply to @/user: yes.

user @/user
reply to @/ssydneystanley: HAHAHAHAAA

Chase Stokes @/hichasestokes
weLL MAYBE IF YOU THOUGHT ABOUT MENTIONING ME YOU WOULD HAVE DRY BED SHEETS ATM

syd 🕺 @/ssydneystanley
reply to @/hichasestokes: smh YOURE 27 GO OUTSIDE AND TOUCH SOME GRASS

user @/user
reply to @/ssydneystanley and @/hichasestokes: I CANT YALL ARE TOO MUCH

Madelyn Cline @/madelyncline
hey y'all if you want an update, syd just left to the studio after leaving her blankets out on the balcony (which were basically dry).... long story short, they're now back in the bathtub :)

syd 🕺 @/ssydneystanley
reply to @/madelyncline: tHEYRE WHAT

Chase Stokes @/hichasestokes
reply to @/madelyncline and @/ssydneystanley: it was jonathan, i had nothing to do with this ❤️

Jonathan Daviss @/JDaviss28
reply to @/hichasestokes: DONT BRING ME INTO YOUR SHIT IM INNOCENT

user @/user
WHAT IS HAPPENING

• • •

𝕤𝕪𝕕𝕟𝕖𝕪

"Sydney," I hear Kelsie say as I send Chase one last threat over iMessage about the fact that he's submerged my bed sheets in bath water not once— but now twice. Asshole. "Syd. Phone down... It's distracting you, we need to write some more songs."

Remember all the songs that I had written within the past month? Yeah... they're gone. My label didn't like them— so now I'm only left with a list of about four songs, two of them being ones that have already been released. They're expecting an album soon and I have no idea how I'm meant to power write at least fifteen new songs within the next few months. It's stressing me the fuck out.

"Kels," I sigh. "I've got no inspiration and feel like shit. They rejected five songs! Five."

"I know, love, I know... Jacob's just being a hard-ass, you know how he is," she says sympathetically. "He just doesn't want the album to flop is all. All that money for something that isn't going to be a hit would be devastating for the label. I'm so sorry."

I run my hands over my face, understanding where she's coming from. Jacob is the big producer and my main manager that basically manages everything I do. He's been awfully stressed lately with the massive growth of my fanbase... it's happened quick and I guess it's hard to handle with millions of people begging for content every hour of the day. He said that he liked the songs, but they were missing that raw feeling. He said that I wasn't writing like I used to.

"C'mon, let's brainstorm," she slaps the notebook in front of me. "Let's start with the basic rundown of questions. What makes you happy?"

"Well..." I bite my lip. "My family, seeing my friends happy and doing what they love— er... music, my fans, the colour green-"

"The colour green?" she questions, sounding amused.

I grin. "Yes, the colour green... leave me alone. Uh— music from the 80's, Australia, my blue electric guitar, Madelyn's homemade brownies, yellow cars, the rain..." I pause and bite my lip— struggling to find proper answers.

What makes me happy?

"Syd," Kelsie softly says. "Be open."

Being open has been hard lately.

I slump in my chair, my energy suddenly leaving my body. "I can't."

She lets out a sigh. "Okay then... we'll move on. What do you miss?"

I think for a second before answering. "My home. Feeling like I'm at home."

She furrows her eyebrows. "You don't feel like you're at home?"

I twist the rings on my fingers, suddenly feeling nervous. "It's complicated..."

I haven't spoken to anyone about this yet and I'm sure as shit not doing it in the middle of a writing session with my PA.

It's quiet for a second until she moves the notebook aside and sits directly across from me. "Syd, what's wrong?"

I bite my lip, now feeling like i'm overreacting. I'm just tired. "Nothing," I smile at her. "I think I'm just brain dead... can we finish up for today? I can come back in tomorrow. I just need to sleep."

She furrows her brows, not believing me. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, Kels, promise," I nod. "I think I'm just run down with the fact that they didn't approve of the songs.... I'll get it done."

"Okay..." she gives in after a few moments. "But you have to be back here tomorrow, okay? We need to get this album done."

"Yeah," I say, looking at the ground. "It'll get it done..."

What is wrong with me?

• • •

𝕣𝕦𝕕𝕪

After Syd's rather formal message to the group chat explaining that she was leaving the studio early, I had been waiting patiently on the couch for her arrival. I hadn't seen her for most of the day as she's spent it at the studio, so I was keen to see her.

Madelyn and I also felt bad so we helped her out a bit... we cleaned the mess that Chase left in her bedroom and dried all of her drenched sheets. We knew she'd be tired when she came home, so we decided that it's best if we helped her out.

Once I hear the familiar click of the front door being unlocked, I look across the room to see the head of long, blonde hair walk through the door.

"Hi," I smile as I get up off the couch and walk over to her. "How was the studio?"

She shrugs and places her keys on the table next to her, looking up at me with a small smile. "Hey. It was... okay." she said quietly.

Okay.

"Did they like the songs?" I ask, remembering how she told me last night about how excited she was to show them her new works.

The two of us slowly walk deeper into the apartment together, eventually getting into the hallway that leads to each room.

"Uh-" she mutters. "Yeah, they liked them... I've still got a bit to write though."

Something's off.

"Oh, okay..." I trail off, watching as she picks at the hem of her shirt. I notice the darker circles under her eyes, probably showing how tired she is after working all day. "You tired?"

She nods. "Yeah, actually... I think I'm gonna hop into bed."

Sydney walks into her room and stops at her door, turning to me. "See you tomorrow morning?"

Oh? I'm not sleeping in her room tonight?

"Uh- yeah! Yeah... of course. See you in the morning." I stammer. For fucks sake, Rudy.

"Okay," she smiles. "Night."

"Yeah... goodnight, Sydney."

She shuts the door.

Oh.

As I slowly walk closer to my room that I haven't slept in for the past four nights, my phone vibrates from my pocket. I sigh as I fish it out, eyebrows furrowing when the notification says it's from Sydney.

imessage.com

syd
thank you for drying my sheets.
goodnight rudy.

• • •

hi

that took a turn

it's been like a month, sorry that this one isn't amazing...

how are y'all?

the plot's slowly starting to come together :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7K 3 26
read to find out
517K 4.6K 20
𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐧𝐥𝐲 𝐉𝐉 𝐌𝐚𝐲𝐛𝐚𝐧𝐤 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐑𝐚𝐟𝐞 𝐂𝐚𝐦𝐞𝐫𝐨𝐧 𝐢𝐦𝐚𝐠𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬. These imagines were written by me, on one of my Tumblr blogs. I do...
556 5 27
no good at descriptions so just read to find out