Konoha High School (A Naruto...

By CompleteBedlam

What if the shinobi of Konoha were average high schoolers? Drama, love, and the pressure of partaking in the... More

Part II
Part III
Part IV
Part V
Part VI
Part VII
Part VIII
Part IX
Part X
Part XI
Part XII
Part XIII
Part XIV
Part XV
Part XVI
Part XVII
Part XVIII
Epilogue

Part I

15K 198 80
By CompleteBedlam

AUTHORS NOTE: I do not own the characters. This is a fanfiction. The only things that are similar are the characters and their personalities, meaning that even if you've never seen Naruto, you can still enjoy this. And if you've seen/watched it, then the experience is just enhanced. But please don't judge the series based upon this fanfic. In fact, this fanfic has nothing to do with the main story line. I hope you like it (:

Konoha High School (A Naruto Fanfiction)

Part I

~Sakura~

"Sakura! You're going to be late for your first day!" My mother calls. I take one last look in the mirror. I assess my look from head to toe, trying to think if this was acceptable for him. I haven't seen him since the last day of freshman year, and I am so nervous to reunite in homeroom. I don't know why, though. It's not like I have the slightest glimmer of a chance with him.

I rush down the steps and snatch my bag on the way out. I brush by my mother and father, kissing them on the cheek as I rush by. "Have a good day!" I hear my father bid as I run out the door.

I walk to school because konohagakure is a small village. You can get everywhere you need to go by walking. I don't even know anyone who owns a car. As I walk past Yamanaka Flowers, I wait by the wall. As minutes slug by, I pop my head in the door.

"Ino! We're going to be late!" I say, and see her running to her bag. "Hello, Mr. And Mrs. Yamanaka!" I say cheerfully to her parents.

"Hello Sakura!" Responds Mr. Yamanaka. "How nice of you to wait for Ino."

"Well, we are best friends," I laugh. "But we're going to be late."

"I'm here!" Ino calls as she runs to meet me at the door. She waves good bye at her parents and we walk with a sense of urgency in our step.

"What took you so long?" I patronize.

She scowls. "Well, I just had to look good! I haven't seen Sasuke in a week! I miss him and I want to look good for him!" She laughs and flips her long glossy blonde hair. She's the prettiest girl in the sophomore class.

I looked the other way. "He is your boyfriend. He's not going to judge you," I mutter. I'm upset a little bit by that, still. They've been dating all summer, so I've had plenty of time to get over the fact that I have a crush on him, and plenty of time to prepare to see them together on a daily basis. I've had a crush on the cool, good-looking, mysterious Sasuske Uchiha since we were in elementary school. But he's always been the most popular guy, who would never go for someone like me. I know that. He's much more suited for someone pretty like Ino, but such knowledge doesn't stop it from hurting.

"Sakura, once you get a boyfriend one day, you'll understand. You want to impress him. Speaking of which-" Ino stops walking and faces me. "You are getting a boyfriend this year."

I roll my eyes and keep walking. "Whatever."

"I can see it now," Ino continues, flinging her hands in the air as if she can see words written in bright glamorous lights. "Sakura Haruno: taken!"

"You're so dramatic," I mutter.

"Who do you like?" She pesters. "There's got to be someone! Konoha High is filled with attractive guys!"

But none more attractive than Sasuke. "No one."

"Liar!" Ino shouts. We approach the school grounds and I keep walking. "Fine," she gives up. "But one of these days I'm going to help you achieve the gift of happiness and love and warm fuzzy feelings!"

I laugh. "What ever you say, Ino." We walk into home room together and sit at the same desks we did last year. Just then, Hinata walks in.

"Hinata!" I wave her down and she rushes over. She takes a seat timidly.

"Hi Sakura! Hi Ino!" She says. Her voice is so soft I almost don't catch it.

"Hinata! Hi!" Exclaims Ino. "I didn't see you walk in! How are you?"

"Alright! First day of sophomore year!" A gravelly voice from the front of the room announces loudly. I don't even have to look to tell it's Naruto Uzumaki.

Naruto is the loudest and probably dumbest person I've met. His heart is in the right place, and we've been friends since we were kids and he's had a crush on me for just as long. It makes me feel horrible for two reasons: one is that I have no such feelings for him, and two is because Hinata has been completely and hopelessly in love with him for as long as I can remember.

I watch as Hinata's face turns to an unhealthy red. She's so shy, she can hardly talk to him. One time when Ino and I tried to get her to hold a conversation with him, she fainted. He's a nice guy, but he's completely oblivious.

"Sakura!" He calls with delight as he sprints to where Ino, Hinata, and I are sitting. Hinata makes a high pitched noise of fear as he approaches. "Sakura! It's been a while since I've seen you! How are you?"

I look to my left at Hinata, who's desperately trying to control her breathing. Naruto follows my gaze and notices her. "Hello, Hinata!" He says cheerfully.

"Huh!?" She looks up, turning a whole new shade of red. "U-um hi, N-Naruto!" She stammers out.

"I'm going to take my seat, but I'll see you girls later!" He says to us. Hinata's breathing heavy and tries to calm herself. He walks around the room and takes his seat in the row ahead of us.

"That was good," I compliment Hinata. I honestly don't understand why Naruto likes me instead of her. Hinata's beautiful. She has strait dark indigo hair and pale white skin. Her body is way better than mine, much fuller, but you couldn't tell with the loose jacket she always wears. Her eyes are the most intriguing shade of a milky lavender. She is the kindest girl I know, but she's also the most insecure.

As if by instinct, I look at the door just as Sasuke walks in. He looks as good as ever. His dark black hair brushed and spiked in the back. His cool, calm demeanor and uncaring facial expression, as if this wasn't the stressful first day of school, but something he had been doing every day for ages. I couldn't stop staring at him. It was so much to take in. Ino calling him towards us is what breaks my trance.

"Hey baby!" Ino says giddily, and he leans in and kisses her quickly on the lips. Seeing that, not just hearing about it over the phone, but actually witnessing it, is like a blow to the chest that leaves me breathless. I look down at my feet. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Hinata looking at me knowingly. On a summer night, I had confessed my heartbreak to her. However, not only is she looking at me knowingly, but empathetically. She must know all too well what it's like to have the one you love, love someone else.

"Hello, Sakura, Hinata," I hear his voice say. I lift my head, but the moment I look into his eyes, I know it's too much for me. Too much to know those eyes look lovingly at Ino. I avoid his gaze and play with my hair.

"Hey, Sasuke," Hinata answers first. I give him a slight nod and avoid his gaze. He shoots me a quizzical look, for my greetings to him are always well thought out and energetic, but he doesn't say anything. He turns and continues talking to Ino for a bit, then takes his seat next to Naruto. They're best friends, along with a guy named Sai.

In fact, I almost didn't notice Sai was in the room until he turned around and smiled at me. I was gazing at the back of Sasuke's head and watching him talk to Naruto when he caught my eye. He's the most pale boy I've ever seen. He has strait dark hair and dark eyes. He started going to this school in the middle of last year, and honestly acted like he had never gone to a school before. I hated him at first, and Naruto really hated him. But soon enough he humanized, and naturally Naruto became his friend. Naruto has a talent of making friends with almost everyone.

Sai's smile drew my eye and I force a smile to the surface. He is a kind person, rather awkward, but he's Naruto's and my friend.

Slowly I watched my peers trickle into our homeroom.  Shikamaru Nara, the smartest kid in the whole school, walks in with his arm around his girlfriend, Temari, and complaining about how troublesome school is. His best friend, Choji, is directly behind him. He's eating a bag of chips, and Ino takes a moment away from her winking at Sasuke to criticize the fact that its 7:30am and he's eating potato chips.

Following them, is a guy named Kiba and his guide dog, Akamaru. No one really knows why Kiba needs a guide dog, he's not blind or anything. Rumor has it he just made up some lie to the staff so he could bring his dog with him to school. Kiba is an even louder person than Naruto. Behind him, who I almost didn't notice, is Shino, his friend. Shino's extremely quiet, and after years of being his classmate, I know almost nothing about him, besides that he's into bugs.

The remaining students flow into their homerooms and the bell rings. I scan the room for my homeroom sensei, but I don't see him. Figures. He was late every single day last year.

Three minutes into our seven minute homeroom period, a young man with slanted silver hair and the lower part of his face covered walks in casually. "Sorry I'm late, class. I stopped to assist an elderly woman with her groceries on my way to the school." He says.

"Yeah, right, Kakashi sensei! You use that excuse all the time!" Shouts Naruto. The class giggles. I look at Naruto, with his blonde spiked hair and bright blue eyes. I can see Hinata from the corner of my eye, looking at him longingly from under her bangs.

"Good to see you too, Naruto," Kakashi sensei responds cooly. Kakashi goes through the typical first day pep talk, and I gaze at Sasuke. Ever since I was really young, I haven't been able to rid him from my heart. Having him date one of my best friends has only made my love for him stronger. It seems that humans naturally crave what is forbidden to them.

The bell to first period rings and the students rise from their seats. I'm walking with Hinata and Ino when I hear behind me, "Oi, Sakura! Wait up!"

It's Naruto, with Sai and Sasuke behind him. In light of what has happened, I have a new understanding of Hinata. I've always loved someone who doesn't feel the same for me, but never once have I seen him love someone else. It fills me with guilt and unpleasant feelings to know that how I feel now is how she feels all the time. I wince and look from the corner of my eye at her, who blushes red as he runs to meet me, and not her.

"Sakura! What do you have first period?" He asks. I peek down at the schedule in my hand that I haven't even realized I had crumpled. I straighten it out.

"I have art," I say dryly.

Disappointment spreads across his face. "I have writing."

"So do I," says Sasuke. Just his voice startles my heart.

"Bummer!" Pouts Ino. "I have math!"

"Oh, Ino, I have math too." Squeaks Hinata.

"Well, we better get going." Sasuke looks at Naruto. He turns to Ino. "I'll see you later, right?"

"Absolutely," she smiles. "It's a small school. We have to have something together." She gets on her tiptoes and kisses him. Through that kiss she draws the breath out of me and I freeze. My eyes are glued to their lips as I watch, thinking how badly I wanted to be in Ino's position.

Finally, I am able to separate my eyes from the scene, and turn to walk away.

___________________________

~Naruto~

"Sakura, wait!" Sai steps from behind Sasuke and I. She stops and turns around. On the outside, she looks completely fine. But I've known Sakura for too long, she can't hide anything from me. I can see the pain right through her eyes.

"I have art too, mind if I walk with you?" Sai asks.

"Hm? Oh, yeah, sure," she mutters. They turn to walk away.

"Bye Sakura," I call as she walks away, but she doesn't hear me.

"Ino, we should be on our way too," says Hinata. "Bye Sasuke," she waves. "Bye-"

She hesitates on my name as she looks into my eyes. I blink, waiting for her to finish her sentence. Her face turns two shades redder, and she instantly looks to the ground and pushes her index fingers together.

"Bye, N-Naruto!" She stammers out and runs. Ino rolls her eyes and blows a kiss to Sasuke as she runs off. As soon as she's gone, I punch Sasuke on his arm.

He shoots me a glare. "Idiot, what was that for?"

"You know Sakura likes you! Why would you kiss Ino right in front of her!?" I reprimand.

He looks away. "So I'm not allowed to kiss my girlfriend good bye?"

"Sasuke, you know what I mean. Couldn't you tell how upset she was?" I shoot back.

"Yeah... Okay," he gives up. His agreement takes me by surprise. I never win an argument with Sasuke. He's so stubborn, always for the exact opposite of what I think. As we walk, I look at him. Whether he wants to admit it or not, he cares about Sakura.

"But, one question," he turns and looks at me. "Why would you spend all this time fighting for someone who would rather fight for your best friend?"

I look down and think of Sakura. She's so beautiful, with her pink hair and green eyes. I have always loved her since we were young kids. I used to be angry with the way she loved Sasuke. But I kind of just accept that this love is one sided on my part. That I'll never be the cool and smooth Sasuke Uchiha, and that I'll just have to do with me.

I turn to face him and say, "Why does she?"

We walk into writing class and I smile, for my teacher is Jiraiya sensei. I was almost failing writing last year, but he really helped me pull my grade up. He cares about his students and is a great man. He's actually an accomplished author, though he writes these perverted novels that I always catch Kakashi sensei reading.

He turns around and sees me. He smiles. "Naruto! Good to have you as my pupil again!"

"Well, I'm glad you're my sensei!" I say. He smiles and returns to his desk. I find a seat next to Sasuke and watch the remainder of the class file in. As the class begins, I find my self unable to pay attention. Eventually I give up and think about Sakura.

Thinking about Sakura is such a broad term when there's so much I could think about. Between the memories I've obtained throughout the years of friendship, to the times we've been alone, to her beautiful short pink hair and her gorgeous green eyes. I could just bask in the thought of her beauty all day.

A slip of note book paper slides on to my desk. I unfold it and read the contents. "Pay attention, moron. -Sasuke"

I glare at him, who is faking being completely submerged in what Jiraiya sensei is saying about proper sentence structure. "Shut up." I scrawl in reply. When Jiraiya's back is turned, I slip it to his desk.

I watch him read it and see the slightest of a smirk crawl upon his face. He scribbles something and I look forward in order to not appear suspicious. He passes the note back at an opportune time.

"You, Sai, and I should meet at the mall after school, with Ino and her friends." It reads. Her friends meaning Sakura and Hinata. I'm about to object to it, not wanting to subject Sakura to any more torture today, when I think how a trip to the mall with our friends is just what we all need after the first day of school.

"Fine, but you and Ino can't be all over each other. It'll hurt Sakura." I scribe. Once he receives and reads the message, he folds it and slips it in his pocket and he pulls out his cell phone. I can tell he's sending a text to everyone about our plans. We would text in class too, but the vibrate on my phone is violently loud and could have easily blown out forbidden conversing during class. I sit back and try to focus on how exactly to structure my sentences correctly.

______________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE: I hoped you enjoyed part one! This is my first published piece on Wattpad. I'll try to update part two as soon as possible!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

438K 12K 48
Sakura comes back to Konoha High, Join her as random things happen, Including Love. This was made BEFORE the ships were canon, so please don't comme...
3.2K 69 21
Naruto and Hinata, along with the rest of the gang are struggling to find summer jobs. Ino's cousin, Shion, is transferring to Konoha High and wants...
37.7K 2K 36
When Naruto who is labelled as someone average took a step into the new school, his life took a turn. A school that is different from any other schoo...
1.3K 8 26
In the Hidden Leaf Village, one of the five great nations, the members of Team 7 alongside their friends have graduated from Konoha junior academy an...