Without You

By ShawtyInTooDeep

Star and Malachi have been bestfriends since Star was born. With Malachi being 4 years older than Star, she h... More

Chapter 2: Nothing On Me
Chapter 3: Jealous
Chapter 4: Trust Issues
Chapter 5: Night Off
Chapter 6: No More
Chapter 7: This Nigga
Chapter 8: I'm Done

Chapter 1: Bestfriend

1.5K 62 15
By ShawtyInTooDeep

Song - Bestfriend x Auburn

_______________________________________________

" Ma! I have to go. Mickey is outside waiting for me! " I yelled up to her.

Silence...

" Ma! " I yelled, running up the stairs. 

As I turned the corner, she'd just been exiting her bedroom. Holding my chest out of fright, I let out a shaky breath. 

" Ma, you scared the shi- the crap out of me. I was just coming to see if you were okay and to let you know I'm about to head back to work. I'll call you on my break. My car engine is making funny noises so I asked Mickey to pick me up. I love you! " I finished, kissing her cheek and hugging her lovingly as she returned the same gestures.

" Mhm, it's not like Mickey to not come inside. She must be with that little tramp of her's..." She sighed of her own frustration.  My mother never took a liking to Malachi's girlfriend, Nicole. There are just certain things about her my mother and I couldn't quite grasp but she just seemed so slick. 

" I love you too, baby. Be safe and tell Mickey to call me as soon as possible. And your father is working late tonight. He told me to tell you he loves you. " She finished.

" Okay. I love him too.." Turning around to be on my way, I stopped to look back at my mother. 

" Ma, I thought you said you'd be nice to her girl! "

" Oh hush girl, you know damn well I haven't liked that girl. It's just something slick and sneaky about her. " She snapped, laughing lightly while pushing me to go down the stairs. 

" Now hurry up and go before you're late. Love you babe girl! "

She kissed me on my forehead one last time before I ran down the stairs, her slowly following. I grabbed my jacket off the coat rack and  chuckled. 

" She's really not that bad. She's sweet if you'd get to know her.. But I love you too ma! See you later! " I said before exiting the door only to come face to face with Mickey's girlfriend, Nicole.

" Woah! Damn girl, all up in the grill. " I joked. " What's up Nic? " I asked smiling and working my way over to the car. 

" Well, Cold now. " She stated, closely behind. But I wouldn't be if you weren't so damn slow! " She hissed as we chuckled.

" Sorry boo, I had to talk to my mother. " I retorted, opening the backseat door. 

" Hey Mick!" I greeted to my bestfriend.

Malachi, to whom I call Mickey, and I-have been bestfriends ever since I could remember. My mother and her mother are like sisters. They favor one another so much, no one would even be able to tell they weren't really related. With Mickey being my bestfriend, who is also 4 years older than me, she's one of the most important person's in my life. She is highly protective of me. Which I'm very grateful for but sometimes we clash so hard due to the times she doesn't know how to fall back off me.
We've never even been away from each other unless I'm going to visit New York or she goes on a vacation, which has been happening often lately. We haven't communicated as much as we usually do. She thinks I'll end up leaving her and mama to move off with some rich white chick. I personally think she's always thinking too far ahead about situations that I know will never occur. She has no room to jock me when she's the one with the rich.. Half white girlfriend.

Not that I mind her girl Nicole, whatsover but she's a little too high maintenance for me, and can be rude as hell at times. But hey, if she's making my bestfriend happy then we're good. I'll respect their boundaries and mind my business.

" What's up babygirl, " she reached back and hugged me, kissing me on my cheek. I could've sworn I seenNic glare at me. I could tell there was pure jealousy in her eyes. Her face immediately changed when her ringtone went off. 

" Hurry and put your seat belt on, I don't want you to be late for work. What time do you have to be there again? 5? "

I slid my seat belt on and buckled it. " Yes, what time is it now? " I asked as she pulled off.

" About 4:5O. " Nic answered, ignoring her call for the second time.

" I'll get you there on time, " Mickey said while glancing over near Nicole while her phone was ringing once again for the third time.. "Will you answer your phone, that shit keep ringing in my ear. " Which reminds me.

" Um, Mick. Ma said to call her as soon as possible. "

Nicole sighed. " It isn't even that important, and I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone! " She snapped. Quickly ending the conflict before it had risen by cutting on the radio.

"Take me into your loving arms. 

Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars.

Place your head on my beating heart.

I'm thinking out loud-" I sang to Ed Sheeran's, 'Thinking Out Loud' while pulling my phone out my pocket to scroll through my Twitter.

"You should try out for like American Idol or The Voice! You can sang girl! " Nicole compliments happily, turning down the music. " Right, babe? " She tempts while glancing down at her phone and up at Malachi.

" Word Twinkle, mane. You know you got a voice like a angel. " I looked up and seen her wink at me through the rear view mirror.

I hid my blush by looking down at my phone. " Y'all are buggin'. Don't get me wrong, love the compliments but singing shows aren't my thing. "

Mickey laughed, " I know, I'm just teasing. But for real bestie, you know yo' ass has some talent. What you doing taking full hours of working at that damn place when you can be putting in work at my studio! " She said turning the music down lower while pulling up to my work place.

" Well, I could use the extra money because I need to buy more books. College ain't no joke and the pressure is becoming more intense because I'm the youngest one on campus.. " I trailed off opening the car door. 

" But look, I gotta go. " I turned my phone off. " Thanks for the ride bestie, " I leaned onto her seat and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek and doubled over to Nikki. "Love y'all. "

"Peace babe, call me because I'm planning a girls night soon! "

I sighed and jumped out the car. Turning around, I bent down to Nicole's eye level. I needed to come up with an excuse and fast. " Nicole... Between working and studying, I don't know if I'll have tim-"

She laughed. " Save it, 'I'm just teasing', " She says mawking Mickey while sticking her tongue out. " I know you don't go out but come on, just try it. It'll be fun! " She said giving me the pupping dog eyes.

I sighed, again. " Text me the time and date, and if you're coming to pick me up. Listen, don't be late. I'm impatient and will change my mind quickly! " I retorted giggling. I was dead serious.

She squealed. " See! Told you she'd say yes, now pay up. " She said to Mickey while holding her hand out. I shook my head while grabbing my bag, closing the car door and started on my way to my work place.

" Hey Star, good to see you! " Ms. Beverly, a monthly customer greeted as she exits the door from the Boutique.

" You too Ms. Beverly. " I smiled while extending my hand to hold the door open for her as she left. 

Glancing back at the spot where Mickey was, I seen her staring at me. She smiled when she seen me and pointed across the street to Starbucks where I'd seen Nikki crossing the street with a pissed off look on her face.

I laughed, shaking my head before entering the shop. Mickey was always so generous and caring to her girlfriends and I just knew she'd offered Nikki to go in for her but surprisingly, Nikki said no, as I could see. She usually wants Mickey to do every damn thing.

" Jesse! " I yelled while going to the back of the store. " Where are you?! "

" I'm right here girl. Come to the porn shop. " I laughed. There were some clothes that were lingerie-like; extremely exposing. Jesse stayed teasing me with my nickname I gave the rack from the sexy clothing. 

" Shut up! How are you doing? " I ask while helping him remodel some manicans.

" Shit girl, I'm chillen' but we're actually closing early. Apparently there's a snow blizzard coming in again. Angelica didn't tell you? " He asked, bending over to pick up some clothes from the boxes in front of him. 
" And I was just about to call Malachi but you know the connection in this place is weak as hell. " He sighed, stopping himself from dressing the manican he'd moved froward to and dusted his boot off.

I let out a frustrated sigh as I started to put together an outfit on the manican in front of me. Guess I'll have to call Mickey back. " Nope, neither did Mickey or my moms. But alright. What time are we working tomorrow? " He shook his head.

" We're not, for at least two days. Come back to work Monday. " He cheered. Simultaneously, we finished the manicans at once.

I died laughing. He dead dressed the thing with a baggy shirt half shirt, two different colored Coach socks and some Versace leggings. " Aight, I'm out... Fashionista. " I chuckled, grabbing my bag.

" Yeah, yeah. Whatever. This is your job anyways! " He snapped, pushing me lightly. " Oh hey! Call me! Me & my man want to go out to eat with a few friends, then have a little gathering at the crib. We want you and Mickey to come! " He said smiling.

" Okay, that's fine. I got you. " Walking to the front of the shop, I zipped my jacket up some more. It was extremely chilly and I hadn't even exited the shop yet. Pulling out my phone and turning it on, I went to dial Mickey's number and she'd just been calling.

" Hello? " I greeted quickly answering my phone. " Mick, can you pic- "

" Come outside. " I grinned, looking at Mickey's usual parking spot just to see her standing outside in front of her Mercedes.

I ran out and hugged her.  Snow flurs were just starting to fall from the sky. " How'd you kno- "

She cut me off. " Jesse texted me literally about a minute ago after I'd just dropped Nikki off at her friends house. So I came to swoop you up. He told me about the storm.. " She went around and opened my door. I couldn't help but smile. She was always so sweet to me.

I pounced on her, giggling. " You're my nigga mane! " I always loved to use her own slang against her.

She pulled back and plucked me on my lips. " Aye, watch your mouth pretty! " Chuckling, she walked to her side of the car and we both slid in. I sighed a relaxed sigh. It's cold as hell outside.

" You cold? " She asked switching on the heat.

My eyes bulged out of my face, nearly. " Are you dead ass? It's mad cold b. " I hissed licking my lips, taking my jacket off and putting my hands in front of her heat vent.

She laughed, " Okay, Ms. New York. " I glared at her while she smirked.

" Aight mane. " She chuckled while returning the same look. 

Living out here in Atlanta is by far the best but something I tend to struggle with is the fact that I have a Northern accent. Niggas' stay trying to talk like me.

" Whatever bruh. So when do you go back to work? Cause from the looks of it, " She glanced up at the clouds. " This blizzard is bouta' be pretty deep. " She trailed while taking a right. I started getting anxious. 

" Where are we going? My house is to the left.. " I said trailing off. Then it hit me.

" Please tell me we are not going to see AJ crazy ass. " I said sitting back & connecting my phone to the aux.

AJ was Malachi's other best friend of 5 years. I didn't mind AJ too much. She always knew how to make my day when I wasn't having a good one. But she would flirt too much. Sometimes, even try too hard. Don't get me wrong, she's... MMMPH. That woman is so sexy. Yet, the thing about AJ is she was abusive. Verbally, not psychically. Not that I didn't think she wouldn't change for a woman like me. She just had way too many hoes. And I'm not for it.

" You damn skippy! She's been asking to see you. You know you find her crazy ass sexy as hell. Nigga, don't front. " I turned to her only to see her smirking.

" Nah nigga, don't get it twisted. AJ is SEXY as hell, but got too many jocking her. I'm good on being a side chick, ain't me. Ain't in me. Ain't like me. And ain't ever gonna be me. " I turned on my music and turned it up.

As I looked out the window, I can see the snow flurs growing bigger and falling quicker from the sky.

Sighing, Mickey turned the music down, pulled over and turned the car off.  " Twinkle, you need to stop comparing your last relationship with other people trying to be in your life. Ever since Tahniqu-"

I felt my face heat up. My body grew tense and I can tell she noticed the change in me, immediately. She stopped talking when I looked out the window. I just hated talking about her. About this.

" Ever since that bitch treated you like shit, you've been putting your love life on pause. Why you letting that girl effect your love life and the way you live? You know I got you. I've already talked with AJ and you know her like I do. She wouldn't hurt you. Plus, you know damn well you ain't like these others jawns ma. AJ tryna wife you down but you need to let go. Dead ass. " She snapped, harshly. I grew so angry, I couldn't help the tears that sprung from my eyes. 

 " No, you don't get it Malachi. You don't get it! That bitch took everything away from me! She not only just mistreated me, she beat me, she ruined all of my self-confidence I had left in me Malachi. She fucking cheated on me for goodness sake! You don't know how that feels! You don't know what it's like to love someone so much and they go and spit on you! You give them everything and they take advantage of the hold they have on you and use it to their advantage then when they don't want it anymore even after you keep trying and trying, they leave you out in the dirt! She didn't treat me like shit, she treated me like I was trash! Nothing! You can never understand! Now just drop it. "

I yelled turning the music up and looking out the window. I hated my ex with a passion! I've tried to let go. I've tried to forgive her. Then, I remember. And it just holds me back more and more each day. I felt more disappointed in myself than her. 

" Twinkle. Stop. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to-" She turned the music back down and I let out a sigh.

" It's fine. I'm sorry Mickey..." I looked over to her, around her. I was trying to avoid eye contact. I'd just break down. She's always had such an effect over me. 

 " I just wish you'd understand. You're my best friend. No one treats me better than you do. No one has ever protected me the way you do. The way you hold me and comfort me. No one, not any girl has ever done that. Not even another friend. AJ... Tahnique... They can never compare to you. To the love you give me. You're just..." I looked into her eyes, " Happy to have Nicole. Really. And I hope all goes well with you guys. I see the way you make her happy. It's amazing. " I told her wiping away my tears of shame and pain.

Forcing a smile, I cleared my throat. " Come on. " I said starting the car for her.

She kissed me on my cheek. I turned to her, trying to return the favor and the next thing I knew.. Our lips collided and we were kissing..

_______________________________________________

New story. I hope whomever is reading like it or whatever. Check it out. Started off a little lame but I got a little something up my sleeve. Just let me know some pros and cons. Up for any comments. Share it if you like it and I have much more to come [;

& I could use a cover?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.4K 47 37
I closed my eyes as a crippling pain spread through my soul. "You're my best friend and I love you" I tell him trying to hold back the single tear t...
107K 5.5K 49
He's cold, insensitive and rude... But why can't I stay away? ******************** My love life was the last of my problems. Last year, bullies, pen...
14.8K 364 23
Have you ever had a bestfriend of the opposite gender? Have you ever thought about what's it would be like to be in a relationship with them? What w...
7.5K 264 24
'I looked down at the pendant and...my heart stopped. It was the shape of a puzzle piece like mine. I got them untangled and, sure enough their magne...