Love Is In The Air - AdiYa Sh...

By Kairawrites_

Scribbling down some short lighthearted (well mostly) stories on my favourite couple Aditya and Zoya and peep... More

[1]-Perfectly Imperfect
[2]- Along The Waves Of The Ocean
[3]- Millions Of Emotions
[4]-Crimson (16+)
[5]- Happy Tears
[6.1]- Always And Forever
[6.2]- Always And Forever
[7]- Destined To Be Together
[8.1]- My Heart Will Go On (18+)
[8.2]- My Heart Will Go On
[9]- Happiest Than Ever
[10]- The Biggest Day Of My Life
[11.1]- Je T'aime
[11.2]- Je T'aime
[12]- Family Is Everything
[13]- Bahon Ke Darmiyaan (18+)

[11.3]- Je T'aime

671 54 357
By Kairawrites_

Hi there, beautiful people! How have you been doing today? The third and the final part is up so what are you waiting for?

Oh oh... hang on. Don't forget to leave your feedbacks in the comments. Would love to read them.

Happy reading to you. :)

•••

Ten to five in the morning. The alarm clock started, breaking the deep slumber as someone groaned tiredly before stretching her arms in the air to stop the ringing. Slowly, she pushed herself up to a sitting position and leaned back against the wall, when she heard some low voice. She turned to the side and chuckled at her roommate talking in her dreams, as she got off the bed wearing her slippers.

"Time to rise and shine, Tina darling.", she said walking to the bathroom, taking her towel from the rack.

She quickly freshened up and got ready for the new day, sitting at the dressing table. She combed her long and wavy hair and was to get the cream when she noticed the small golden bracelet that he gifted her before he left. She took it in her hand and smiled, dropping a little peck on it, as she whispered, "I miss you." She wrapped it close to her heart.

"Zoyaaaa, give me ten minutes more..." ,moaned her sleepy friend hiding her face in her pillow making Zoya chuckle.

"And I couldn't get anything he taught us. I will fail the exams for sure if this continues." Tina blabbered as they were on their way back to their house.

"Don't worry. I will teach you." Zoya smiled.

Listening to her, Tina smiled widely, "You always know what I am going to say next. And that's why I love you, Zo."

Smiling, Zoya opened the lock of their door and entered the house, placing her bag beside her study table neatly before she dropped herself on the couch and breathed out in relief. "Uff, tiring day."

Tina joined her after a while, kicking off her shoes at the entrance. "Miss. Zoya Siddiqui, there is a letter for you." She said, placing an envelope on her desk.

"Whose letter?", Zoya asked Tina, who just shrugged her shoulders. "I didn't check it. You see by yourself." Saying so, she made her way to the washroom to freshen up.

She picked up the envelope to check the sender's name and a huge grin spread across her face when she read the name written on it. Without delaying even for a second, she opened the envelope and sat down on her chair.

She smelled his sweet fragrance coming from the piece of paper, reminding her of him, before she began reading.

Meri pyaari Zoya,

Ghalib, kaisi ho? Abbu, Ammi and Noor, all good? Main bilkul theek hoon. The college is great. I think I will hopefully have a job by next year, just keep praying for me.

Tumhein yeh letter isiliye likh raha hoon kyuki tumhari bahut yaad aati hai. Paris has everything you can possibly imagine, big college, good friends but what Paris doesn't have...is you. It has been more than two years since I saw you, Urdu Queen, which feels like an eternity. I miss you so much, Ziddiqui. Meri aankien taras gayi hain tumhein dekhne ke liye, tumhara massom sa chehra dekhna ka bahut mann karta hai, tumhari awaaz sunne ka mann karta hain. I miss everything about you, jaan. Mujhe pata nahi ki hum kab milenge lekin mujhe uss pal ka besabri ka intazaar rahega. I love you, Zoya, woh bhi bepannah.

Accha yeh saari baatien chodo, tell me about you. Still being my proud college topper, or no? I miss sitting next to you in class and stare at you ignoring the boring lectures.

I will be waiting for your reply letter. Now don't take months before sending a reply, like you did last time.

Yours,
Aditya.

Her lips curved widely on their own, a grin that reached ear-to-ear but also a little emotional at his letter. She hugged the piece of paper close to her heart as if she was letting him know that her heart still beat for his name only, and that she loved him too. She kissed where he wrote his name, "I love you too, Aditya. More than you." She whispered to herself and made a mental note to give a reply to his letter before she busied herself in reading the letter once again.

Tina came out of the washroom and looked up at Zoya, who was intently reading the letter she gave her. "Aditya's letter?" She easily figured out, just looking at the spark in her eyes and the smile that painted her face.

Zoya slowly nodded her head and Tina excitedly jumped next to her. "Give to me. I want to read it, too." She said making Zoya's smile disappear as she made a blank face pulling the paper close to her.

"No." She replied, monosyllabic.

Tina's face dropped, "Arey, but why? Let me read it na, Zoya. You never let me read his letters. Come on, I am your friend, no?", she tried to convince her but in vain.

Zoya nodded her head in a strict no, "Humne keh diya na, nahi matlab nahi.", she said. (I already told you, no means no.)

Tina's lips curved into a smirk as she said after clearing her throat dramatically, "Why? Did he write any cheesy romantic lines for you?", she teased as she hit Zoya by her shoulder, leaving her friend flushed.

She tried keeping a strict face, "Tina dekhiye, humien..." Tina didn't even let her finish when she snatched the letter from her hand and disappeared from her sight. It took Zoya a second to process whatever happened before she ran behind Tina, who jumped from here to there, all around the room with the letter in her hands.

"Tina, dekhiye, humein woh letter wapis kar dijiye warna hum aapko chodenge nahi." Zoya warned as she chased her around. (Look, give me back the letter or I won't leave you.")

"Accha. Pehle pakad kar toh dikhao." Tina teased more making Zoya even more furious as she ran faster and finally managed to get the letter back from her. (Oh really? First catch me if you can.)

Both of them panted heavily as they fell on the couch, before Zoya turned to look at her friend. "Letter padhna tha na aapko, toh aap bhi bana lijiye kisi ko apna boyfriend jo aapko roz letter likhe.", she said as Tina bursted into laughter, making Zoya laugh too. (You wanted to read my letter, right? Then go find yourself a boyfriend who would write you a letter everyday.)

•••

"Tina, did you keep your ticket?" Zoya asked as she dragged her suitcase to the living room. "Yes Zoya, it's in my purse." Tina came out of her room, wearing her wrist watch.

"It's already late. I think I should leave." Tina said making Zoya smile at her, "Thik hai. Have a safe journey. Take care of your Ammi and once she recovers, you will come back to me. Okay?"

Tina made an apologetic face, "Zoya...I am so sorry. Your birthday is just around the corner and I won't be there... I had so many plans..."

Zoya gave her an unbelievable look, "Aimaq hain kya aap? You are worried about my birthday, woh toh har saal aata hain. You go and take care of your mother. I will pray for her speedy recovery." Tina smiled and hugged Zoya tightly. "I will take care of her, don't worry. I will miss you, yaar."

Zoya smiled wider, rubbing her back, "I will miss you too." Saying so, they broke the hug. "Now go otherwise you will miss your train as well."

•••

The college was dismissed, creating a commotion in and around as students started making their way out of the huge gate. Zoya moved out of the college too, feeling lonely today as she saw her other friends being busy in their own chaos. She didn't have a lot of friends, as she was shy and nerdy and she didn't interact with a lot of people. Tina being one of her closest friends was out of the town.

She was bored the entire day and wanted to reach home as soon as possible. She stopped in her position as she noticed a couple sitting on the bench, eating ice-cream from a single cone they were sharing. The boy intentionally put some on his girlfriend's face making her gasp in horror as she tried doing the same and had the ice-cream on his nose which made her laugh as he joined in, the sound of their laughter echoing in her ears, while Zoya just stood watching them in silence, her mind automatically travelling to one such similar incident.

"Here is your mango ice-cream, miss." Aditya said, forwarding her a cone which she happily took.

"Kitna accha lag raha hain, na? Yeh suhana mausam, aur humari favourite ice-cream." Zoya said as she licked her ice-cream. (It feels so nice, doesn't it? The wonderful weather accompanied with my favourite ice-cream.)

"Accha ji. Meri neend kharab karke tumhein mazza aa raha hai. Waah Zoya Siddiqui ji, waah." He mocked as Zoya made a strict face. (Oh really? Spoiling my sleep gives you pleasure.)

"Haan toh, you always spoil my sleep, so now it's my turn." She said as he made a dramatic face. "Hawww. You are taking revenge on me. You are taking unnecessary advantage of my innocence, you Hitler."

"You, and innocent? Hayye Allah." She remarked and pressed her ice-cream on his nose, spreading the dessert on his face making him gasp, "Zoya!" She began to giggle as he looked at her with a horrific expression.

She managed to say in between her laugh as she spoke, "Aditya... apni shakal toh dekhiye. Bilkul joker lag rahe hain... joker." Saying so, she laughed even harder. (Look at your face, you look like a joker.)

"Ab tum mera revenge dekho." And saying so, he put his ice-cream on her cheek making her gasp too, "Aditya..." (Now, let me show you how I revenge.)

"Now, are you having fun?" He teased as Zoya made an angry face, and he began running, the young girl behind in a chase.

Zoya smiled to herself as she remembered him and slowly whispered to herself, "I wish you were here." She said and soon realization took over. Once she came back to her senses, she shook her head sideways and sighed, "Zoya, aap bhi na. How can he be here? He is in Paris, aapse bahut jyada dur." She muttered low in her throat. (Far away from you.)

She began walking again until her eyes fell on a man, making her freeze at her position. She stood stationery, not even a blink of an eye and stared at the figure for a while. Her eyes refused to believe whatever they saw and she felt her jaw dropping till the ground. She watched the figure for another minute as a voice reached her ears.

"Aise kya dekh rahi ho, Ghalib?" (What are you looking at like this? Ghalib?)

"Aditya..." she breathed out, confused. Her mind was blank, she didn't know how to react to the situation and for a moment she thought it was just a beautiful dream, fearing to wake up.

"Zoya..." he whispered back, softly and she just looked at him, not moving from there making him chuckle.

"Aap sach mein yaha..." saying so, she walked towards him and slowly touched his hand to check whether he was actually there or her feelings tricked her. (You really here..?)

"Aap sach mein..." Fresh tears filled the rim of her eyes, feeling him for real, and she looked up at the man. Without even delaying for a second, she jumped on him, making him lose his balance as he stumbled back. She lost contact with the ground as he lifted her up in his arms, her arms around his neck, hugging him as tight as she could. (You are here.)

He smiled at her reaction and patted her back, making her believe that he was really present. She hid her face in the crook of his neck and couldn't hold back her tears anymore as she broke into a sob.

She broke the hug and sniffed her nose, "Aap sach mein hain. Aapko pata hain humne aapko kitna miss kiya." She hugged him again, overwhelmed with emotions. (You are really here. You have no idea how much I missed you.)

"I missed you too, Zoya. Isiliye toh tumhare pass aaya hoon." Listening to him, she broke apart and Aditya gently wiped away her tears and nodded his head in a no making Zoya chuckle emotionally. (I am here to see you.)

"I just can't believe my eyes. Pinch me." He smiled at her, he slowly cupped her face and kissed her forehead, letting them linger for a while. "Ab vishwas hua?" She nodded her head, smiling wide amidst her unshed tears. (Now you believe me?)

"Humien toh abhi tak yakeen nahi ho raha hai ki aap sach mein humare pass hain.", she smiled as they walked forward in the park, when Aditya stopped at his position, "Come on, Zoya! You still can't believe it. I am here... with you" (I still can't believe that you are with me.)

Zoya grinned at her, her eyes sparkled. She stopped at her place and asked, "Why didn't you tell me that you were coming, though?" She dramatically raised her eyebrow. Aditya smiled and just said, "Then I would have missed your priceless reaction."

She smiled shyly and looked down, and, wrapping her arms around his, she leaned on his arm, making random patterns as she rested her forehead. "Jab humne aapko humare saamne dekha na, tab hum aapke baare mein hi soch rahe the." Zoya spoke, shyly biting her lip. (When you came, I was thinking about you only.)

"Accha, main tumhare khayalon mein hamesha rehta hoon, kya?" Aditya smiled to himself as he said. (Am I always in your thoughts?)

"Woh bhi rent free." Zoya said, making Aditya chuckle at her cuteness. She had changed so much in these years. She looked more confident than she was in school, she looked like an independent woman.

"By the way, when I saw you for the first time, standing there... I couldn't recognise you, you have grown so much, Zoya. No more my shy, reserved girl." Aditya said casually, gaining a soft chuckle from her.

"Aur yahi baat hum aapse kahe toh? You have become so fit and muscular, even more handsome. And you already have me, so who were you trying to impress, janaab? I have heard about girls in Paris being beautiful. Were you flirting with any of those, huh?" (And what if I tell you the same?)

Listening to her, Aditya stopped at his place making her stop too. He looked up in those beautiful hazel eyes. "True, Paris has a lot of beautiful girls. But I have never seen someone like you till now. You are the most beautiful person I have ever met. You could find a lot of girls who are as beautiful as those girls in Paris. But, there is certainly no one like you. You are unique, Zoya, never underestimate that. And I am feeling lucky to have you in my life. Only if you could see yourself with my eyes, then you would have fallen in love with yourself just like I love you."

A pleasant smile painted Zoya's face as she stared at his face and he smiled back but it soon turned into a lopsided smile as he said, "Moreover... I didn't need to impress anyone on purpose, they are already. Girls of the college... all flattered. But I strictly said no because I didn't want you to lose your pride...you know." He teased as she made an unbelievable face.

"Are you trying to tease me or something?" She said keeping her hands on her waist and kept a straight face. He pressed his lips against each other and smiled to himself but then he turned seriously, teasingly, "No. I wouldn't dare."

She raised a brow, "Oh really? What was that, then?" She said and quickly wrapped her arms around his. "Jo bhi hain, you tell them that it's too late. And Zoya Siddiqui never shares anyone." She said proudly, making him chuckle. "Got it, madam." (Whatever it is.)

•••

"Nice house." He remarked, entering the house. Zoya just glanced at him once with a trace of smile on her lips. "I mean, at least cleaner than mine." He added as he took a seat on her sofa.

Zoya stood before him, "Would sir like to have some tea, or maybe coffee?", she asked with a dramatic tone making him chuckle again, "Coffee would do, darling. Thank you." She smiled before she made her way to the kitchen.

Aditya looked around the surroundings. He stood up on his feet when he saw some photo frames on the wall. He slowly walked towards it, putting his hands in his pockets. He smiled seeing a photo of Zoya's family, then another one of Zoya with a girl he didn't recognise, when his eyes travelled on to a picture frame of theirs together. He smiled widely tracing his finger on her smiling face standing next to him.

"What are you looking at?", she asked, entering the room while holding a tray with two mugs of coffee on it, that she placed on the small table before the couch.

"Who is this girl with you in the photo frame? She doesn't look like Suhana.", he asked curiously, taking a seat on the couch.

"She is not Suhana. She is Tina, my flatmate. She is currently out of town, her mother's health conditions were bad, she was ill for a long time so... well, she is going to be really upset once she comes to know about your arrival in her absence. She was willing to meet the Aditya Hooda.", she said as she sat next to Aditya, handing him a mug of coffee.

"Well... I want to be sarcastic but then I don't want you to throw hot coffee on me. So, let's concentrate on the coffee, shall we?", he answered back, making her roll her eyes as she continued, "Better." He chuckled at her and then looked back at the tray on the table.

"Chips?" He asked softly while she took the first sip of the hot beverage. "Chips?" She asked, confused.

"Haan, chips. I have coffee with chips." He answered as she frowned her face, "Coffee with chips, really? That must taste horrible."

He gave her a blank expression as he said, "Are you challenging me? Try it once and I am sure you won't regret it." She gave in, making her way to the kitchen and soon returned with a packet of chips.

He smiled widely, tapping the seat next to him, as he waited for her to be seated. "Now I will show you how it's done." He dipped a chip in his coffee and took the whole thing inside his mouth. "Are you sure?" She asked before doing the same.

"How is that?", he asked when she had finished her morsel. "Well, I would be lying if I say it isn't nice." He smiled at her remark and replied shortly, "See."

"I will just wash these cups and be back.", Zoya excused herself after they had finished their drink. "Let me help you there.", he said standing on his feet.

She smiled lopsidedly, "Oh really?", she teased as he nodded his head saying, "I can do dishes, okay? But what I meant here was to accompany you to the kitchen." She chuckled listening to his response as he followed her to the kitchen. Aditya stood near her as she busied herself in cleaning as they talked.

"Okay fine. I am done, let's go.", Zoya said after ten minutes had passed away. She was the first one to get out of the small room followed by Aditya, when suddenly she was pulled back with a strong force which pinned her to the wall, making her gasp loudly. Her chest was collided with Aditya's who stood pressed to her, their faces only a few inches away. "Aditya..." She breathed out which barely reached his ears while he had a smirk on his lips.

Their heavy breaths mingled with each other as he whispered huskily to her, "I think... I should be rewarded with not just coffee, but something else for travelling so far... you know." She looked up into his eyes and could quickly read his intentions. She felt a strong emotion urging in the pit of her stomach and, closing her eyes, she pressed her lips on his, slowly standing on her toes, taking him by surprise as she sealed their lips together, sharing a tender yet intense kiss. Her hands automatically locked behind him and the hair on her body sprang up at their close proximity giving her sweet butterflies.

He cupped her cheek gently before his arms slid down to wrap her petite waist, pulling her closer to himself, and felt his heartbeat rising to his mouth. He still remembered the softness and plumpness of her lips, and he deepened the kiss which lasted for another minute. They broke apart as Zoya panted heavily as she took a deep breath. He softly kissed her hair before whispering in her ear, "Though I miss my shy Zoya, but I love this avatar of yours. So glad that you sent your friend away." She could not hide her reddened cheeks as she flushed hard at his remark, before they fell into a pit of laughter.

Later that night, Zoya was busy setting the bed when Aditya entered the room, gaining Zoya's attention. "Oh, you here.", she said in a soft tone.

"Yeah. I am feeling so sleepy. Tell me, where am I sleeping? On the couch?" He asked, making Zoya stop at her position as she straightened herself and said in a hesitant tone, "The couch? I thought... that you could just sleep on this bed... you know... just sleep." She asked, also a little embarrassed.

"You sure?", he asked again. "Yeah, why not? I mean, me and Tina slept on the same bed so...", she trailed off shyly. "If you insist.", he replied softly as he left his slippers near the bed and climbed it.

"Right side of the bed is mine.", he heard her say as he nodded his head. "Okay.", he replied shortly and quickly shifted to the left, leaving her enough space as she soon joined him, turning on bed. She opened the blanket, as he laid down, and glanced at him. She quickly opened his arm on her pillow and placed her head on it, making him smile. She moved closer to him and hugged him by his torso.

"I missed you.", she started in a low voice, breaking the silence. Listening to her, he softly kissed her forehead. "Jaan, I missed you too." She smiled feeling his lips on her skin.

"So... how was our long-distance relationship?", he tried initiating a conversation, and she answered without looking up at him, "Hmmm... good... but also tough. Sometimes I really wanted you to be there but you were thousands of kilometres away. Yet I could feel your presence, I didn't know how... I just thought that you were there watching me.", while he rubbed her arms gently letting her speak.

"I understand Zoya...but I think this phase of our relationship has really helped us. I have started loving you more.", he said as she hummed as a response.

"Yeah... you are right. And I was just over-thinking, maybe. I underestimated our relationship. I thought we could not make it but look at us now... still and more madly in love."

"No matter what happens, I promise to never let you go. We are stronger than we seem to, we can do anything as long as we are together.", saying so, he dropped a soft peck on her hair.

"Yes, we are meant to be. And this is our Jovian-Plutonian gravitational effect moment. Just me and you." She smiled looking up at him as he smiled back and she pecked him on his lips as they soon drifted into a deep slumber talking to each other.

•••

"Hey! Good morning." Zoya whispered in his ear as he frowned his face in his sleep. He turned his head in the opposite direction and hid his face with a pillow. "Zoya." He groaned as she smiled before nudging him on his shoulder.

"Zoya... let me sleep, na. I am soooo sleepy." He slurred as she nodded her head sideways in disbelief. "Aditya, get up please. I have brought tea for you."

He groaned once again before he sat on the bed rubbing his sleepy eyes as she chuckled at his cuteness, and she handed him his cup of tea.

"Good morning." He muttered before he opened his lids. His eyes widened impressively as he saw the cup of tea in his hand. "Bed tea... not bad."

Aditya quietly sipped his tea when Zoya started, "I was thinking if we could just go out, and I will show you around Jaipur, what say?", she asked excitedly.

Aditya stopped and saw her looking at him with sparkling eyes. "Haan... but Zoya what about your college?" He stammered as he couldn't think of anything else.

"College? I thought I would take a leave... to spend time with you, as long as you are here.", she said, a little disappointed.

"Zoya, come on. You don't need to skip college because of me. It's just a matter of a few hours, we have the whole day in our hands." He smiled as she looked at him with amusement.

"Aap aisa keh rahe hain? Aditya, I won't be able to pay attention, so I thought to stay back.", she couldn't hide the disappointment in her voice. (You are telling me that?)

"I am telling you this because... I have... uh... my uncle, living here. So I just thought why not pay them a visit, and until then, you can go finish your college and come back.", he said, trying to keep his casual tone.

"Aditya... please." She tried convincing him but he just won't listen to her.

"Okay, it's decided. Come on, get ready. I will drop you myself. Come on, quickly, Ziddiqui." He said, placing his teacup on the table beside him as he quickly disappeared in the bathroom, leaving a confused Zoya behind.

"Inhe achanak kya hogaya?", she whispered to herself. (What's suddenly wrong with him?)

Aditya unlocked the door after he had dropped Zoya to her college and entered the house, making his way straight to the kitchen. He placed a large shopping bag on the kitchen counter and fished out things from the bag one-by-one, spreading it out on the granite slab. He rubbed his palms together with a lopsided smile before he got busy with his job.

Within a few hours, he glanced at the watch and was surprised looking at the time as he lost the track of time. He smiled as he hid the surprise in the refrigerator. "I hope she likes it."

•••

Aditya was again waiting for Zoya outside the college as he had promised to pick her up, his gaze being fixed at the door waiting for her to arrive with a smile on his face.

"Ouch!" A sudden loud voice interrupted his thoughts as he followed the voice and looked down to fall on a young girl on the ground, her books littered around her.

Concerned, he held out a hand for her. "Hey! Are you okay?" The girl placed her hand on his and he pulled her up, as she stood up on his feet and dusted herself. "Are you okay?", he asked again as she slowly nodded her head in a yes.

He then kneeled down and quickly collected her books before getting up on his feet. Her hand brushed his as he handed those books to her, and she smiled at the polite man. "Thank you so much.", she said, smiling at him. "I am sorry, I tripped over a rock.", she then added.

Aditya smiled back at her. "No problem at all, I hope you are okay." She tucked her loose hair strands behind her ear and said in a low tone, "Yeah, don't worry, I am fine."

"I am Mahi, by the way.", she introduced herself and he smiled again, as he did the same. "It was so nice to meet you, I am Aditya.", she grinned widely listening to his reply.

Meanwhile, Zoya was watching the scene from a distance with her arms crossed against her chest, a frown on her face as she felt irritated. She sighed angrily once, before she made her way towards Aditya and stood beside him wrapping her arms around his in a tight grip, surprising him. "Hi.", she muttered.

"Hey!" He replied, smiling widely at her. She rested her head against his arm and Mahi just silently watched them with a silence before Zoya glanced at her. "Oh, Mahi, you are here." She pretended to be surprised at her presence as the girl before her smiled sweetly at her, and she faked one for her too.

"Do you guys... know each other?" Mahi asked politely as Zoya said, "Of course, we do. He is my... boyfriend." She stressed upon the latter and then looked up at Aditya, giving him a huge grin, while he smiled too, confused.

"That's great. He was just helping me, you know... I fell down actually." Mahi said as Zoya gave her a surprised look. "Oh, did you? Tch tch tch....I feel so sorry for you. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am absolutely fine. Thank you, Zoya and Aditya. I think I should leave, I am getting late actually." Mahi excused and quietly took a leave, taking a last glance at Aditya who gave her a small smile.

"See you, Mahi." Zoya said as Mahi smiled at her and she craned her neck only to glare at Mahi's retreating figure.

Aditya looked at her with a small smirk on his lips as she turned back at him. "Zoya, what were you trying to do?", he asked teasingly. She simply shrugged her shoulders.

"I can't believe you got jealous of your own friend.", he teased again, pressing his lips against each other waiting for her response, as she said, "I am not jealous. I was just telling her what's mine." Zoya smirked at him to which he just chuckled at her cute jealousy.

The couple decided to go around the lovingly called 'Pink City'. They travelled around the renowned places of the city such as Hawa Mahal, Amber Fort, Jantar Mantar, as their day ended in the Jal Mahal, a fort situated in the middle of the Man Sagar Lake.

It was almost night as both of them enjoyed the cool breeze that blew, hitting their face and filling their lungs with oxygen, refreshing their mood. Aditya grinned widely, "Zoya, I love this place, and I love Jaipur."

Listening to him, Zoya smiled back as she said, "Well, you are welcome."

•••

It was almost ten minutes to midnight when Aditya woke up from his sleep, and turned his face to look at Zoya lying down in a deep slumber. He silently tiptoed to the kitchen, careful enough to not wake her up.

He opened the refrigerator and took his cake out of it, placing it on the slab, as he smiled widely to himself. He searched for the candles in the drawer and inserted them on the top of the cake.

He returned back to the room and, placing the cake on the table, he sat beside her as he neared her face and slowly whispered in her ears, "Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday to you. Happy birthday, Zoya. Happy birthday, to you."

She squinted her eyes and looked up at her man who was smiling at her. "Happy birthday, Zoya.", he muttered softly.

Listening to him, she quickly sat on the bed and smiled widely, "You remembered! Thank you.", she chirped happily.

"Of course, I did.", she giggled and threw her arms around his neck, in a tight embrace. "Thank you so much.", she said after breaking the hug, when he gently cupped her cheeks and kissed her on her forehead. "Happy birthday, jaan."

"Now come on, let's cut your cake.", he said happily as she grinned looking at the baked dessert in his hands. "Adityaaaa....", her voice trailing off as she was surprised.

"Okay okay... first let's cut your cake. I have been craving for this yummy-looking thing for so long, please.", he quickly said, making her chuckle.

She blew the candles placed on the cake and, taking the knife, she cut out a small piece to feed him, as he gladly took a bite and he feeded her some too. He smiled mischievously before he smeared the cream on her cheeks as her jaws dropped down in horror, while he teased her with his expressions, making her narrow her eyes, hands on the waist.

"You....", saying so, she took some cream off the cake on her finger to rub on his face when he understood her ministrations as he ran to the washroom and closed the door, leaving her behind. She angrily knocked on the door as she shouted, "Aditya! Open the door. I am not leaving you.", while he grinned widely as he leaned against the wooden door that divided them.

"Aditya..." She shouted again but he stayed silent. She angrily stomped her foot on the ground and crossed her arms against her chest, irritated. A sudden smile painted her lips as she grinned widely and quietly stood beside the door.

Aditya waited for her to shout his name again but he noticed the eerie silence outside. He decided to look for any hint as he discreetly twisted the knob and peeped outside and couldn't see her anywhere. "Zoya.." he whispered softly before he stepped inside the room. As he turned to his left, she appeared out of nowhere and quickly added a dollop of cream on his nose making his eyes go wide as she laughed pointing her finger at his funny face.

Looking at her laughing loudly at him, a small smile crept on his lips as he pulled her closer by her waist and neared his nose to hers and he smeared the dollop of cream on her nose too as she screamed, "Aditya... what are you doing?", she said when he lifted her up in his arms in bridal style, and she wrapped her arms around his neck, as they chuckled looking at each others' faces.

•••

Time went by in a blink of an eye. After Aditya went back to Paris, Zoya continued her college in Jaipur, and the couple managed to be in touch with each other as they wrote letters once a week and sometimes talked over the phone which was not very rare. They got habituated to the situation and always tried their best to be a part of each others' lives.

"Les gars, c'est vendredi. Que diriez-vous d'une pizza party?", said Grégoire, one of the men from the whole group of college mates, and the others voted in favor, the whole corridor filled with students' echoes as they were walking out. (Guys, it's Friday. How about a pizza party?)

"You people go, shift tonight.", replied Aditya, breaking their excitement.

"Adi, are you working tonight, as well? Come on, yaar. We thought of a friends' night. Tu n'es pas drôle, mec.", Anand, an Indian college mate of his, said as he punched on his arm. (You are no fun, dude)

The young man scoffed and turned to face his friends, as he shrugged his shoulders. "Personal needs, I am helpless. Next time, promis."

Aditya was walking out of the metro station towards the grocery shop he was working at and, greeting the few colleagues he came across, he changed into his work uniform before joining his planned schedule.

"Mer-chi beaucoup, madame. Bonn- soirée. Per-sonne soui-vante, s'il-vous-plaît.", as the customer paid for her purchase, he wished the lady and called for the next person. (Thank you very much for coming, ma'am. Good evening. Next person, please)

Customers being lesser at that time, he closed the cash register sooner than planned and did the counts, noting down the day's income and all the needed settings, before he went through the departments to tidy up the shelves for the next day.

"Salut, Adi. Wassup, bro? All g-ood?", he turned his head to see Roger, a senior colleague of his, and politely smiled before carrying on with his work. "Salut, Roger. Still working? I thought you would have escaped from here already. Patricia hasn't called you, yet?", he quickly glanced at him and chuckled. (Hi)

"Actually... that's why, I come to you...", Aditya looked back at his colleague-cum-friend, waiting for him to continue. "It's our anniversaire, she wants to go to the din-ner. And monsieur DUVENT wants me to close the shop." (Anniversary... mister/sir)

"Yeah, so?", Aditya asked again, not understanding him, when he continued his explanation. "If you could... just stay... and clos-se tonight... for me..."

He kept the pack of chips in the shelf and looked at his senior throwing a puppy-face look at him. "Please, Adi. Juste cette fois, promis.", he said hoping to convince the young man. (Only this time, promise)

He chuckled and shook his head before turning back to his work. "Fine. I will stay. But you certainly owe me big, mon-sieur."

"Thank you, buddy. Je te revaudrai ça.", saying so, he hugged his friend and ran to his post, Aditya looking at the retreating figure as he sighed deeply. "Even I would have gone on dates if my girlfriend was here with me." (I will repay you back)

He walked down the streets of Paris, enjoying the calmer city on his way back home, shops and restaurants getting closed one by one at this late hour.

He quickly pressed the code at the entrance of his flat, passed through the corridor towards the steps and climbed up till the third floor where he resided in a studio flat alone. He undid the double-lock of the door and entered tiredly, taking off his shoes as he moved through the small hallway before dropping himself on his bed, no more energy to move. Until he heard something rumbling.

"Come on, Adi beta. Go get yourself cleaned up and have some dinner. This poor tummy of yours needs to be filled in."

Saying so, he stood up on his feet, took off his shirt as he was looking for some clean night attire, and he moved the bathroom. Within a few minutes, he was back wearing a black sweater and a pair of 'Bart Simpsons' sweatpants, as he was drying his wet hair with a towel.

He was about to move to the kitchen table where he left the shopping bag with some packed sandwiches, when he heard someone knocking on the door, a loud sigh coming out of his mouth. There was only one person capable of disturbing him at this time.

As he opened the door, he fell on a young woman, a sarcastically wide smile on her face as she looked at him. "Hi, Adi."

"Hey, Sandz. To what do I owe your beautiful visit here, at this time?", he replied sarcastically as she glared at him. "My name is Sandhya, not Sandz, and I am your house owner. Now, move."

He left her some room to get in as she was holding two dish bowls. "Amma made veg biriyani, and asked me to bring you this. Since you wouldn't have cooked and eaten something healthy."

"I was, indeed, craving for some tasty homemade spicy dinner. Aunty knows me so well, don't forget to thank her on my behalf going back, okay?", he said as he uncovered the lids and the warm aroma spread in his nostrils. "Damn, this must taste so yummy."

He dug his spoon in the dish, not bothering to use a plate, while she walked around to have a look at the mess. "If only you used, at least, thirty minutes of your day, to clean this place. If appa comes and sees this, he would send you out immediately."

"And that's where my friend enters to save her sweet pal, don't you?", he looked up at her with a sugary smile to make her understand.

"Umm, yeah, right...", she rolled her eyes and sat on the bed, facing the desk he was sitting at. "Your mom called, by the way. She was looking for you, but of course, sir was busy working."

"Oh! Alright, I will give her a call tomorrow. Thanks for telling, yaar.", he said with a genuine smile before carrying on with his meal.

"Why do you work so much, though? Since your mother was an acquaintance of my parents, you don't even have to pay any rent except some compensation for water and electricity. Aunty sends you some money, which is enough along with your wages. Then why do you need to earn more, all by sudden?", she asked him. "Any special expense?", she purposely trailed on the words and he stopped eating, before turning towards the young woman. "Don't you have a boyfriend to annoy, instead of me?"

"Oh, hello! I don't have any boyfriend to 'chat' with via letter or even phone, but I know someone who has sent something to hers, and I was to give it to him. Fine, your bad. I am going.", saying so, she was about to go away when she was pulled to stay in her position. "Wait! S-she... she sent a letter for me?"

She discreetly controlled her chuckle before she turned to face him. "Who, 'she'? The one you got that catalogue from a jewelry shop for, maybe, right?"

His eyes widened at her revelation, before he frowned at the young lady. "Because you came into my room without informing me?"

She raised her brows. "Not me, amma came to check on your laundry when she found your bed unmade, and sir smartly kept the book under the sheet. She only told me.", she huffed at the end as she crossed her arms against her chest. "I diverted her conclusion saying it was for your mom, and that you planned to surprise her, so that she doesn't say anything to her, in case. But, thank you for the appreciation."

He scratched the back of his head and slowly rolled his eyes up to her, embarrassed of scolding her when she tried to help him. "Sandhya... sorry, yaar... I..."

"Just forget it, I think I should be used to it.", as she told this, she went back to the desk in his room and opened the drawer, where there was a cover along with a book that she took out. "In case you would look for them. Now don't stay up late, I will meet you tomorrow. Bonne nuit!" (Good night)

She smiled reassuringly and left him alone in the studio, as he quickly looked back at the envelope on the table. Hunger long lost, he closed the dish bowl and put it in the small fridge.

He opened the letter and smiled, as he started reading. He chuckled at the letter and brought it to his lips, kissing on her name written at the bottom of the sheet, before he looked back at it with an emotional grin.

"I will be back to you very soon, my love. I love you so much, Zoya."

•••

It was almost a year later, that Zoya got graduated from her college and returned back to Mussoorie after she got a job. The Siddiquis were elated at the news of Zoya's arrival and their happiness seemed no bounds as they welcomed their daughter warmly, Waseem's broad smile didn't seem to fade as he stood beside his daughter, who gave him a reason to be proud and he was, very proud of her. The family reunited once again, as Zoya brought happiness along.

"Appi, can we go out? I am feeling bored at home.", Noor came into the room where Zoya was peacefully reading a book.

"I should be the one saying that, not you. Don't you have some assignments to do, by the way? Moreover, your exams are coming soon, why don't you study for them?", she closed the novel and moved leaving some space for her to sit.

"Appi, please. I promise I will do that later. Let's go, na.", she pouted at her sister, leaving her helpless. "Alright, let's go."

She jumped in excitement and pulled her to the living room, where their parents were sitting.

"Ammi, can we go out for a walk? We will be quick.", she quickly announced, knowing the tricks.

"You have already decided you will go out, and we won't refuse. But careful, don't roam much in the dark. Be back before dinner.", Roshnaq ordered as they obediently agreed before kissing them bye.

Walking for a while, they reached the lake area which turned dark as it was late in the evening. The night brew gently, stroking her face. The moon being the only source of light in that particular area caused a soothing effect.

"This place is beautiful, isn't it?" Noor started as she heard Zoya nodding her head, before she looked up at her and exchanged a smile.

Noor added again, "I explored this place while I was in the school. You know, my friends used to come over here after bunking the classes.", she chuckled softly as Zoya raised her eyebrows to herself as she said, "Oh really!? And what about my Noor? I am sure you were a part of the crowd, am I right?"

She tried keeping a strict voice and smiled internally when she looked at her little sibling as she stood embarrassed but then said, "Appi! Leave that, you should be thanking me for bringing you here.", she said totally proud of herself which earned her a loud scoff from the elder one.

"Thanking you? For what? Showing me this place? Noorie Jaan, I knew about this place way before you. You are late.", she teased as her lips turned up into a smirk which later got replaced by a gentle smile when something clicked her mind.

"This place is very special for me. Hum aur Aditya aksaar yaha aaya karte the.", her small smile widened as her mind travelled back into the past. (We came here very often.)

She remembered all the time she had spent with him at this exact location. She remembered that particular evening she had spent watching the sunset beside him. The time when they had apologized to each other after they had a silly fight. And the day he had announced his departure for Paris. She smiled emotionally at the sweet memory, still crystal clear in her head.

She was lost deep in her thoughts when she realised the darkness around. "Noor, I think we should go back home.", she finished, turning in her direction and found no one. She looked around and the area was silent and dark, a sudden wave of panic rose in her chest as she almost shouted, "NOOR?!", she said looking around but could not see her anywhere till where her eyes reached. "NOOR?"

"Kahan chali gayi yeh?", she whispered to herself before the area surprisingly lightened up leaving her wide-eyed as she noticed her surroundings decorated with hundred candles, which felt as if the stars had descended the earth. A small setup was made only a few inches away which had white curtains all around which flew in the cool breeze. A basic white stage like structure was placed in the centre, there stood four pillars on each side which met at a certain point on the top. The pillars were beautifully decorated with fairy lights and small white camellia flowers adorned along.

Zoya didn't realise when she began taking slow steps towards the area. She was lost in the beauty of the moment that a loud gasp ran out of Zoya's mouth not at the exquisite beauty but someone her gaze fell on. "Aditya...aap, she muttered softly under her breath.

He appeared before her and she closely looked at him, as she noticed the changes. He was as tall and broad as he was when she last saw him, but what surprised her was him dressed in a navy blue uniform with a white ironed shirt beneath and a matching blue aviator cap. "Caption Aditya Hooda at your service, madam."

Noor and Arjun watched the scene from a good distance and smiled at each other while Arjun showed the thumbs up sign. They decided to give the couple some much needed privacy as they went away from there.

"Aditya...what did you say?", she couldn't believe what he said. Aditya smiled widely, "Yes, you heard it right. I got a job."

Zoya gasped again but this time it was out of joy. "Are you serious? I am so happy for you.", saying so, she hugged him as he flashed his dimpled smile back at her. "Why wouldn't you tell me that?"

Aditya was the first one who broke the hug as he said, "Well.. surprise!", she smiled widely at him before he looked up at her with a soft expression on his face.

"And... there is something else I had to tell you, which is another reason why I am here." Saying so, he forwarded his hand to her as she looked at him with a confounded expression as he just simply nodded her head and pointed at his hand. Without any further questions, she placed her hand in his as he made her follow him to the setup.

He made her stand before her and loosened the grip on his hand. "Zoya...I love you, well I am pretty sure you know that. This is one of the places where all of this started a few years ago...our relationship...which only flourished with time despite the hardships but now....it's the time when we take the next step."

Zoya was confused but she waited for him to say whatever he wanted to. "Zoya, being away from you...for all these years, made me realise how much I needed you to be a part of my life. Even in my dreams I had never imagined that I could love someone with the same amount of depth as I love you. I just never thought that someone else's absence will make me feel so incomplete. The idea of spending my life with someone seemed impossible...but it's you Zoya... it's you...because you are my... Jovian-Plutonian gravitational effect.", he stressed upon the latter which broke her into a loud chuckle.

"You make me feel like a complete new person. You are that one missing piece of a jig-saw puzzle who completes my entire existence. Zoya Siddiqui, you have invaded my heart and made me realise how much I love you. I have completely surrendered myself to you, emotionally, physically, soulfully in each and every way possible.", she couldn't hide the rush of adrenaline on her cheeks as she smiled shyly.

"And...a mere thought of being away from you wreaks my entire world. Everything seems so meaningless without you, as if there is no positivity left in the world. And I have realized that there is no Aditya without his Zoya. I promise you the happiness of the world, I promise to be with you whenever you need me, I promise to love you more each day and...the right side of the bed can be yours.", she giggled as he finished.

"I want to spend every second of the rest of my life with you and that's why I ask you today...", she smiled widely as her eyes followed him as he kneeled on the ground.

"Zoya, be mine. Share my life with me. Marry me. Tell me Zoya, will you marry me?", he presented her a shiny diamond-platinum ring as he held it in between his thumb and index fingers. Sudden tears sprang up in her eyes but she blinked them back as she nodded her head slowly,

"Yes... yes... yes. I will marry you.", she whispered and forwarded her left hand as Aditya smiled emotionally before he slipped the diamond-platinum ring on her ring finger which fitted her perfectly. He looked up at her before standing up on his feet and, without wasting any more minute, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed her lips on his as she kissed him, promising that she would too, never leave his side.

•••

It was almost a week following his proposal that the young couple announced their relationship and their wish to get engaged, before their families in a surprise get together. Listening to the unexpected piece of information, the parents looked at the young people who exchanged their looks back and forth between the elders, the young teen siblings enjoying their drinks on their own side. As they smiled back in acceptance, the two lovebirds grinned in excitement. They fixed the ritual dates within a couple of months, making sure they completed both traditions.

The engagement was a grand celebration reuniting both his and her family, friends and relatives, as they made their union official in front of everyone. The smile on their face, as they entered the venue, widened while they slid the rings on the other's finger and the air was filled with claps all around them. They thanked the guests as they offered them wishes while going through the crowd. Though this was one of those beautiful and unforgettable days, as much as they enjoyed, Zoya noticed the fake smiles on Aditya's face whenever they would be asked about their families, the pain of missing someone in his eyes crystal clear to hers. Yet, as she would squeeze his intertwined hand, he would look down at her pretty smile, blinking her eyes conveying everything would end soon, and he would just effortlessly grin back, reassuring her. But she knew deep inside, this needed to end.

"Zoya, beta I didn't know if this would match your tastes, and bought as per what your mother has told. Have a look and tell me if you liked. If not, we can go and change.", Anjana opened the yellow and golden lehenga and spread on the couch for her to see among the other clothes. "This one is for your haldi. How is it?"

"Aunty, these all are looking beautiful, really. Thank you so much, I love your choice.", she smiled genuinely as she checked at the attires.

"Aunty? I am not some random aunty ji you know, but your mother, just like your ammi. You should call me mah or whatever like that, okay?", as she said that, the young woman chuckled shyly and nodded her head in yes before she looked down.

Realizing she was alone with the woman, she looked up at the latter and encouraged herself before calling for her. "Aun... Mah? W-would you mind me asking something?"

Anjana turned her head to her new daughter and smiled. "I asked you to call me mah, how would I mind my daughter? Ask whatever you want, beta."

"Mah... c-can we... can we invite... papa to the wedding as well?", she hesitantly asked as she keenly looked at her facial expressions.

"Papa? Who is that, beta?", she asked with a casual chuckle as she looked at the white-and-baby-pink lehenga set filled with embroidery work they had chosen for the sangeet night. "P-pa... Aditya, and Arjun's pa..."

Hearing her last words, the lady froze in her position before rolling her eyeballs towards Zoya who looked nervously at her. "Zoya, you..."

So as to calm her, she put her hand on hers and held them in her warm grip as she got ready to continue. "I know, mah. I am not telling this to hurt you, I would never think of leaving you in pain, never. It's... it's just that... Aditya might not have told you, but he misses his father a lot. He has learnt to hide the child in pain behind his naughty and childish behavior, within these years. But, somewhere deep, he wishes to meet his pa at least once again, everyday."

The mother in her sighed hearing about her son longing for their father. After all, it was not something new she had learnt about. She had seen her husband's picture hidden in his drawers, making sure he was unaware of her knowing, herself crying for her broken love at night to sleep. Yet, she had never thought of meeting him ever again after that fateful day at the courtroom, where everything ended.

"Even papa has stopped smiling since that day, living a lonely life, broken, far away from his love, his wife, his sons.", as she finished her sentence, she looked at her in shock while she smiled.

•••

"Appi, look at this one. This will look so pretty on you." The two sisters were seated in the living room as Noor excitedly said, as the duo were trying on the jewellery for Zoya.

Zoya sighed heavily before she leaned on the sofa, "Noor, I am tired...being around jewellery all the time. Can we take a break?" Listening to her, Noor chuckled loudly.

"Appi, you are being too much. Aren't you excited. I can't control my happiness. I am so excited for your wedding. I want to look the best....after you, of course."

Zoya raised her eyebrows intentionally as she said, "Why? Want to find your groom on my wedding?" She teased as Noor narrowed her eyes.

"Appi,aap bhi na. I should be teasing you but you are teasing me instead?" Zoya let out a small laughter as the younger one chuckled too when they heard the telephone ringing on Noor's right.

Noor placed the receiver in her ear as she spoke a soft hello. A soft voice came from the other side, "Hello, Zoya?"

As the voice reached her ear, a mischievous smile spread across her lips as she smirked to herself, "Jiju, hum aapki Zoya nahi unki behen bol rahe hain." Zoya asked her about who was on the phone with her but she showed her wait gesture as the elder one sighed, frustrated. (I am not your Zoya but her sister.)

Aditya smirked too, "Saali sahiba, could I please talk to my wife-to-be?" He said the sentence slowly as he could hear the latter chuckle on the other side. "For your kind information, she is my sister first and then your wife. Got it?"

Aditya frowned and said, "Okay fine, we will share your sister. 99% mine, and remaining is yours." Noor laughed listening to him.

"Wow, what a fair distribution, Jiju. Okay fine, you can talk to my sister.", saying so, Noor handed the phone to Zoya as she placed the device next to her ear, shyly. She pushed Noor by her shoulders who was smiling at her in a teasing way. She gave in and simply walked away giving them some privacy.

He heard her breath on the other side and a soft smile spread across his face, "Hi.", asoft mutter came from the other side after a few seconds.

"Hello, my beautiful lady, or may I say my beautiful wife to be.", listening to him, she flushed which made her bite her lower lip, and she hummed as a response. She was playing with her engagement ring on her finger with a shy smile on her face. "I think I like the second option better."

His smile widened, "So, how does it feel being engaged finally?", he started again as she chuckled softly. "To be honest with you, all of this feels like a beautiful dream. I can't believe that it's happening. I am so excited... and very nervous, as well."

"I feel you, totally. I never knew I was going to marry the first ever person I fell for... you.", he said making her blush, reddening her cheeks with deeper shades. "Aapko pata hain, I was just wondering how people would address me after our marriage. They will call me....Mrs. Zoya Aditya Hooda....sounds good, no?" (You know)

He chuckled at her cuteness, "Sounds absolutely enchanting. So tell me...how is it going?", he said, which gained him a heavy sigh. "Everyone is super busy with the preparations. Ammi and Abbu are always occupied with something or the other. Noor is the most excited, even more than me for our wedding."

He laughed and then cleared his throat, "Ek baat bataun? I can't wait for us to get married....I can't wait to watch you sleep next to me every morning, the beautiful sight. I can't wait to hold you in my arms...all day long. To kiss you good night and every morning and make it a ritual." (Shall I say something?)

She shyly bit her nail wanting him to continue for hours and hours, just like that. "And Mrs. Zoya Aditya Hooda to be", she felt as if her heart had just skipped a beat and the butterflies in her stomach. "You know what is the part of it....that we would never have to say goodbye."

She smiled wider, which was soon replaced by a mischievous one. "Goodbye, Aditya.", he hung his head down and groaned softly making her laugh.

•••

"Ajju mah, par-cel'u.", Vaishnavi closed the door after sending the courier guy and walked to her boss as she was busy having her morning coffee.

The latter grinned at the pack and kept her mug on the small table. "Must be the invitations."

She unwrapped the package and smiled at the beautiful gold with a little of wine red letterpress-made invitations accompanied by a matching red envelope.

"Anju mah, bootiful k-ards. Idi Adi babu ni pelli kosam, sariyainadena?", the young woman asked excitedly and she nodded in yes. "Let's get this to the shrine room." (These are for Adi's marriage, right?)

Aditya and Arjun were walking downstairs chatting when they saw their mother walking to the prayer area, happiness glowing on her face.

"Bhai, mom seems to be very happy today. I think this is the perfect chance to make your demands true, and take bhaabhi out, or you won't get to see her before the wedding day.", the younger man whispered to his brother. "I guess you are right, ajju. Chal!"

They walked and sat on the couch, when they noticed the pile of golden shiny cards on the table. Aditya held one sample and a wide smile grew on his face as he read the details.

"Bhai, the wedding invitations have arrived.", said Arjun as he picked another one. "This is so beautiful, bhai."

Aditya grinned at their names written next to each other and brushed hers lovingly as he blushed internally.

"Cheeku, here you are, beta. Guess you boys have seen the invitations. Take some for your friends and colleagues, twenty to thirty of them must be enough, right? Since we have the list ready, just fill the names, so you may go distribute them or send them in the afternoon.", Anjana walked back to the living room and joined the boys around the coffee table talking, while Aditya was still lost in the invitation. The mother looked at his unconscious state and Arjun chuckled, staring at the two back and forth.

"Mah, bhai is busy imagining bhaabhi. Wait...", saying so, he shook his shoulder, waking him up. "Bhai, time to wake up."

"Huh, what?", Aditya jerked out of his trance and looked at the both of them confused. "Mah, you here?"

"We all are here, except for you who are already lost in his dream world with you-know-who.", said the woman teasingly as Arjun and Vaishnavi chuckled with her, making the elder son pout in embarrassment. "I..."

"Alright, we can understand your eagerness. But, at least wait for the wedding to happen patiently. For now, go get these cards ready and distribute them to your personal guests.", said she.

"Don't worry, mah, I will take care of that. By the way... even they would have received their share of invitations at Zoya's, right?", he asked her. "Umm... I don't know, maybe. Why are you asking?"

"I... I was wondering... if she would also distribute... then maybe I can... take Zoya... with me?", he slowly said, keeping a babyish expression to convince her, as she smiled mischievously. "Just... to help her distribute... you know..."

"And didn't we tell you two can't meet each other before marriage? It's not right, beta.", she said, a little reluctant. "Please, mah. It has already been a week since I haven't seen her, after the engagement party, because of my new job. I also want to spend some pre-wedding moments with her."

"Accha, fine. But only today, is that clear?", she placed her condition and he nodded his head in yes before running upstairs to his room, eager to meet his lady love, as the three smiled at his happiness.

He parked the car in front of Siddiquis' residence and checked his look on the rearview mirror before getting off the vehicle holding a bouquet of flowers. He nervously reached her flat and rang the doorbell, getting ready to be welcomed by his fiancée, knowing her family were to go out to invite their relatives.

To his surprise, he was attended by the man of the house who smiled warmly at the visitor, and he quickly hid the bouquet behind his back.

"Arey, beta. Come inside!", he gave him space to get in the house. "Roshnaq, look who is here."

Roshnaq walked out of their room with her bag and grinned at the young man. "Adi beta? Please have your seat. I will get you something to drink."

Aditya was seated on the couch and smiled, while Zoya was watching all this from upstairs nervously. Noor noticed her sister standing by the banister and looked down.

"Hayye, jeeju is here. What are you still doing here, appi? Go s...", she told her sister when she stopped her loud talks. "Noor, I can't. Ammi and abbu are still downstairs. I didn't know you all would have taken longer to get ready, and he has also come earlier than planned."

"Don't worry, appi. We are almost gone. You can enjoy your day with jeeju. Let's go downstairs."

Both sisters walked to the living room where the trio was busy talking.

"Well, we don't mind sending Zoya to distribute the cards with you. After all, you all have common school friends in Mussoorie. But... just make sure not to delay it in the evening. We will be back before eight, as well.", said Waseem as he made sure they were to follow their conditions.

"Don't worry, uncle. Zoya will be safe with me, and we will also be back before it gets too late.", Aditya convinced the concerned parents when they saw the sisters joining them.

Seeing each other after a while made them lose their focus as they stared at the other in adoration, while the Siddiqui's grinned at each other. Zoya stood a little far from them in fear of what the adults would think but her shy smile showed them all how nervous she was at the moment.

"Chaliye, beta. We shall start, as well. Before it gets late.", saying so, the three waved them bye and drove off the place while the young couple stared at the retreating car.

Once the vehicle was out of their sight, he took her hand in his hold and pulled her to his parked car, settling in their seats before turning to look at her.

"You can't imagine how much I have been missing you this whole week.", he whined as he quickly kissed her hands, happy to see her. "I can, I have been missing you after all.", said she quickly.

"I wonder why they put such a huge gap between the engagement and wedding. I mean... couldn't they find a closer date? I can't stay away from you any longer, yaar. I need to see you everyday.", he continued as she blushed, looking down at their entwined hands when he leaned forward to kiss on her cheek, his lips lingering on her. "You are that beautiful love song I am addicted to, Zoya, and that I would be listening to in loop forever."

"Wouldn't you get bored within a few days, though?", she asked playfully. "I fear I will never. Some classics always remain magical and new even listening to it for years. That's what you are. New, magical, eternal, ethereal.", he replied, staring into her brown orbs, her eyes shinier with tears but she controlled them with a smile.

"Now, let's go from here, before I lose my self-control and kiss your life out in this car while being in a public place.", he said in a husky voice and she blushed, hitting on his arm as they chuckled, before he started the engine.

•••

The rituals went by fast and time reached the most awaited day, as the families were busy roaming all around the house for the wedding, morning left for the nikkah function, and the shaadi in the evening.

Aditya was in his bedroom getting ready for the morning wedding, his brother and friends in the room as a help, -quoting the words-, when someone knocked at the door, leaving his in-laws to join the boys who immediately stood respectively.

"Umm, kya baat hai! Our son-in-law is looking mashaallah today, isn't he Roshnaq?", said a smiling Waseem as he looked at his look in their traditional wear. "Our Aditya has always looked handsome, Waseem. He is just shining a lot today, for a special someone."

The groom smiled shyly at their talks as his friends teased him, before he bent down to their feet. As he was about to stand up, his mother entered with a wide grin. "Arey, even you are here, Waseem ji and Roshnaq ji."

As they smiled in response, she walked to look at her son from closer and cupped his left cheek, an emotional smile on her face. "My little boy has truly grown up so fast."

He chuckled as he held her wrist. "No matter how grown up we will be, I will always be your little cheeku.", she laughed and patted his face, before she continued. "Well... I think there is someone else who wants to meet their little cheeku."

To which he looked at her confused when she turned at the doorway, and he followed the same, his eyes widening slowly at the surprise visit in front of him walking closer.

"P-pa?", a mere whisper came out of his lips as he saw his old father standing there in front of his eyes. He blinked his tears off in an attempt of making sure he was not hallucinating. "Pa... is that you?"

"Pa... dad?", Arjun whispered to no one as he heard his brother calling out for the man he had not remembered much for his infant age.

Harshvardhan's eyes teared up seeing his two little boys turned into grown-up handsome men, almost unrecognizable until they would detect the common features. As he stood besides Anjana, he looked down at the lady who nodded her head with a thin grin.

With an emotional chuckle, he opened his arms for the boys who rushed to hug the father they lost years ago, still doubting if the moment was real. "My boys."

Aditya pulled away from the embrace and stared at his father, eyes blurred with tears. "I cannot believe this. Pa, here, on my wedding day... if I knew you would come back on this occasion, I would have got married years ago.", his remark made the people around chuckle in between the emotional moment, when Harshvardhan tapped lovingly on his cheek. "I am sorry, baccha. But I am finally here, and I will not let you down.", said an overjoyed father.

"And if you need to thank anyone, then this all happened thanks to our Zoya. If not for her, I would not have come here to my home.", added he, everyone smiling at the piece of information, Waseem and Roshnaq feeling proud of their elder daughter.

Zoya... why am I not even surprised by your goodness? You are truly the angel God has sent to my life.

Now, come. Dulhe raja ho, aur rona dona nahin.", said Anjana as the father wiped his tears before consoling them. (You are the groom, don't cry)

"You all keep talking, we will go look after the preparations.", saying so, the Siddiquis walked out of the bridegroom's room, before the friends group followed them, leaving the family alone.

"Appi, you really did it. Jeeju was totally surprised, and finally smiled out of utter excitement seeing their father. Ammi told me.", told Noor to her elder sister as they were busy chatting in the bride's room, alone after the bridal makeover was done. She grinned in pride, imagining her man's happiness-filled face reunited with his long lost father, as she remembered the broken Aditya hidden behind the cheerful teen on that day. He had been waiting for this day for years, and as his future wife and the daughter-in-law of that house, she could not have let their family puzzle be incomplete.

Her trance was broken when she felt a pair of hands covering her eyes and she immediately tried removing them. "Arey, who is this? Noor, where are you?"

She heard some 'shush' and the bangles besides her ears rang against each other as the person moved. "Guess who this is.", said she with a fake voice.

"Suhana? No, she doesn't have such a nice voice. And she is not even here.", mumbled Zoya as she was trying to guess when she was suddenly freed from the grip. Correct guess.

"What did you say? I don't have a nice voice? Since when are you talking like this? Yeh sab uss stupid Adi ki wajah se.", she groaned and went to sit on the bed. (All this happened because of that stupid Adi)

Zoya stood up on her legs with a wide smile as she hugged her friend. "Suhana! Finally you made it for the wedding. I really thought I would have missed my best friend's presence in my own wedding."

Suhana pulled away, faking an annoyed facial expression, as she sighed. "Yeah, and my own bestie is mocking at me. Such an ungrateful world!"

"You are nothing less than a drama queen, you know? Might have been contaminated by Aditya.", she continued teasing her friend.

"This is your day, be happy I am not saying anything else. By the way... someone is looking killer today. Poor Aditya is going to faint on the altar in front of everyone.", she smirked, keeping her arm around her shoulder. "Stop it, Suhana.", she blushed and looked down at her fidgeting hands.

"Appi has always been the most beautiful, Suhana appi. But I agree, something has changed in her look for the better. Guess it must be jeeju's magic and love.", Noor added as both girls flanked Zoya. "No, Noor. She might already be thinking of the after-wedding ritual."

The younger woman asked as if she didn't understand, "After-wedding ritual? What is it, Suhana appi?"

"That one, Noor, which happens at night after getting married, in the bride and groom's bed...", she purposely lengthened on her words while they observed and discreetly laughed at her reddening cheeks.

"Will the both of you stop? Go from here, I don't want to hear you.", she sat in front of the dressing table nervous of the happenings, ignoring their comments, when the door opened for the mother to join.

"Noor, Suhana, it's time.", she announced, making the lady of the day feel the warm feelings mixed with nervousness.

•••

"Humein qubool hai." (I accept)

She repeated the three words for the third time as she was asked for her official acceptance, completing the nikkah ritual signing on the register, when the surroundings got noisier with the family and friends celebrating the union with hugs and laughter. Meanwhile, the newly-married were shyly smiling on their own before looking up to the other, her face almost clear through the shiny off-white curtain in between them while his was hidden behind his sehra. He noticed the people around them busier embracing each other and discreetly took the hanging floral garlands off his face and looked at her properly, her smile widening seeing him. He teasingly raised his brows and winked at her, making her blush looking elsewhere.

Hours went by and it was time for the second wedding to be held. Aditya was already seated on the altar to proceed with the first rituals he had to start with, while he looked at the hallways in frustration. He then turned to the priest who was busy reciting some mantras, making him impatient.

"Pandit ji, would you mind making faster, and call for the auspicious time right now?", he asked the middle-aged man who looked on at the grownup blankly, while his parents and brother chuckled in embarrassment.

"Bhai, wait. Zoya bhaabhi is not going anywhere. Be a little more patient!", Arjun walked to his brother and sat closer facing his back, as he continued, "Don't make it obvious you are excited for tonight's events. You still have... almost five hours for it. Alright?"

Aditya faked a smile and neared his face to whisper back. "If you don't stop your nonsense, it's you who is never going to see that day come." He was stopped when they heard the bride's parade, her sister and best friend along with the emotional mother walking the bride down to the hall, as she looked down quietly.

He craned his neck in her direction as he looked at her with immense admiration in his eyes. A sudden smile spread across his lips as he watched her walk gracefully, in her red bridal attire, looking breathtakingly gorgeous as she slowly lifted her gaze up at him. Their eyes locked together for a brief moment and she shyly lowered her lashes, as she smiled internally. He patiently watched her walk towards him, lost in her alluring grace, her perfect face shone with an unexplainable glow, making his heart beat rise to his chest.

He pictured her running towards him in her school uniform in his head, the both quarreling with each other over a silly topic and him teasing her, making her furious, as they were here, years later. She walked towards him elegantly as his bride, and soon they would replace those arguments with meaningful wedding vows that will tie them in a bond of seven births. In another blink of an eye, she was standing before him as he forwarded his hand and she shyly placed her palm on his, taking a seat next to him. She glanced at him and they exchanged a smile. They were told to join their hands together as they did and prayed to the almighty, asking him to grant them with never-ending happiness and fill their relationship with bepannah mohabbat.

As Waseem was done with the kanyadaan, keeping a hand on both their heads for blessings, they soon stood up and exchanged the pink flower garlands around their necks before holding each other's hand for the seven rounds of nuptial vows, both promising to share their world to the other, both promising togetherness forever, whether in happiness or sadness, good times and harder ones, while the audience showered them of petals and blessings. Back to their seats, Aditya was asked to tie the mangalsutra around Zoya's neck and complete the wedding coloring her hairline red in his love.

"I hereby declare you husband and wife for seven births."

Sitting in the decorated bedroom, facing each other while their faces shyly smiled at the happenings, Aditya busied himself playing with her fingers while Zoya was into drawing random patterns on the white sheet.

"Zoya... I am feeling so shy, yaar. This has never happened to me, ever.", he childishly said, making her chuckle not taking her eyes off the rose petals on the bed. "I still feel like being in a dream, fearing someone would wake me up all by sudden."

Getting a naughty idea in mind, she quickly pinched on his arm as he winced in pain, a cute frown on his face while she giggled. "See, it hurts. That means you are not dreaming." He hummed still rubbing the red spot on his forearm before he continued playing with her hands.

"By the way, we actually have had two weddings, right?", he said out of nowhere as she looked up at him and nodded. "Yeah, kind of. Why are you asking?"

"Well, what I mean is... one wedding, means one first night.", he continued showing up a finger from each hand, while she listened to him getting suspicious. "So, two weddings... mean two first nights. Hai na?"

She widened her eyes at his thoughts, although she expected such craziness, her cheeks turning red as she tried to calm her erratic heartbeats, while he looked at her confused. "What? That's how it works, right? Mathematically speaking."

"Is t... is this some Mathematics problem... that we need to solve?", she frowned at him though she felt her body heating at the thinking. "Well, I just tried to get it proportionally right, or it would be an unsolved and unfair problem."

She suddenly smirked at him. "Matlab we will have two... two nights only, right?", asked she back, holding up two fingers, making him shocked. "W... why only two?"

"Arey! You only said 'two weddings, two nights', that's what it means, right?", she said, keeping her usual innocent face. "We indeed have to make the equation right."

"But... I was trying to tease you, and you just countered me back...", he whined, making her laugh internally. He suddenly pulled her closer by her wrist, faces an inch away from the other's as she stood shocked, staring into his darkening brown eyes. "Do you think I am going to let you go so easily? You are stuck with me for a whole lifetime, and seven births."

She blushed as he whispered to her mouth, his warm breath heating her up, and he cupped her face, slowly trailing his hand to her neck as he closed the distance between their lips. She dropped her control and fisted his sherwani collar, pulling him closer as she surrendered to his kiss, when his lips started moulding her gently, releasing breaths through their nostrils while deepening. He pushed the veil off her hair and slid his fingers in her bun, undoing it slowly while she wrapped his head with her hands. Melting in her passionate kissing, he pulled her hair by his fingers, making her gasp, and she innocently moaned in his mouth. Desires took over her senses and she leaned back against the headboard, not breaking the kiss as she pulled him down on her, while he angled his face for a deeper position.

They released within a few, panting heavily as she felt him nuzzling his nose in her jawline down to her neck, inhaling her sweet natural fragrance mixed with the jasmine odor from her hair garland, her back arching at the feeling of his hands on her bare waist sharing her warmth.

She slowly pulled away from his grip and looked at him in his eyes, painting the love and passion for her that resided deep inside his pure and child heart, as she cupped his face. "I love you, Aditya. I really feel blessed to have you in my life."

"And I will be there, forever, to annoy you and adore you as much. Je t'aime aussi très fort, mon amour, plus que tout au monde.", she giggled hearing him confessing. "I guess I will go with 'Je t'aime', the only thing which I understood.", she said as they chuckled, him leaning his forehead on hers. (I love you a lot too, my love, more than anything in the world)

A beautiful journey of hatred, friendship that turned into romantic feelings, as they dived into a world of love and desire for each other, the universe up there witnessing the nature's beauty of two souls tangled together into one.

The story had just started.

•••

First of all, let me take a moment and thank shruxfantasia just for doing this with me. Shru akka, I couldn't have done this without you. Thank you so much for being so helpful and kind to me. This is was so much fun doing this with you, a rollercoaster ride which I wouldn't mind riding again. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Secondly, my bestest readers, thank you for loving our shot even if it was too loongggg. Almost 50,000 words including all the three parts, can you believe it? But still you guys read the whole which we are so grateful for. Thank you for loving our work. We love you more.

I know, these three shots could have been an entire FF, haha. But it's okay. Now tell us, would you like us to collaborate again? Because I would love to. I will miss working on this shot, it is very close to my heart. Oh my god, feeling so emotional right now.

Anyway, taking a leave. Please do tell us what you felt about the chapter, we would love to know. And I am gonna be back with my one-shots to bore you. Until next time!

With love, always,
Kaira & Shuruthy. 🖤

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

41.9K 2.9K 25
#1 in AdYa (17.08 to 1.09.18) #69 in Travel (27.10.18) || Zoya Siddiqui, for the first time in her life, throws caution to the wind and goes to Irela...
1.7K 167 16
When Zoya Siddiqui's step-grandmother died, she left Zoya a tea garden under two conditions. First, Zoya has to move home to the small town of Musso...
74.4K 6.4K 36
Zoya Siddaqui and Aditya Hooda never knew that their destinies were entangled since forever, but one wretched night when they receive a call and find...
186K 9.7K 38
This is a story of two families rooted in deep friendship...the Hoodas and the Siddiquis. Its about Zoya Siddiqui hating Aditya Hooda since they wer...