Dark And Dangerous Howls(Book...

By AlaynaGlover

I ran deep into the forest, it once again swallowing me. Once I thought I was deep enough, I slowed to a walk... More

Howl
Chapter 1:New School and Old Enemies...
Chapter 2: Meeting You
Chapter 3: Bittersweet Memories
Chapter 4: Forgeting and Remembering...
Chapter 5:"...Hello Little Red."
Chapter 7:Heritage
Chapter 8:Jewls
Chapter 9: Apologize
Chapter 10: The Man Who Can't Be Moved
Chapter 11: Claimed
Chapter 12: Meeting In The Woods
Update!
Yes, another update!
Chapter 13

Chapter 6:Burn It Down

141 6 1
By AlaynaGlover

RECAP:

I ran deep into the forest, it once again swallowing me. Once I thought I was deep enough, I slowed to a walk. I began to get lost in thought as I walked threw the forest,the leaves crunching every time I take a step. I couldn't wait to get home to my pack.Maybe I'll tell Derek about the book and he can help me figure this book out. I thought. As the wind picked up,I put the hood of my cloak up.

Rose?Where are you?

Hey Tyler.

What's wrong little sis? He asked, all of a sudden full of concern.

Nothing.Just a little confused.I'll tell you at home.

He sighed before answering,Okay just don't be late for dinner.

Sir,yes sir! I saluted in my head and chuckled a little out loud.

Your so weird...Was the last thing he said before I blocked him out.

As I pulled out the book,I heard leaves crunch to my left. I stopped dead in my tracks and looked to where I heard the noise. I smelled the air and knew who it was.

"...Hello,Little Red."

*****************************************************

NOW:

I turned around and came to face a boy about two years older than me. He had short,dark brown hair that complimented his dark golden eyes perfectly. His face looked like a god had sculpted it with his bare hands,and you cold see a 5'o clock shadow slowly appear on his face. He wore dark blue jeans,dark as night boots, a tank top that hugged enough of his just as beautifully sculpted chest,but still left you to wonder in awe,a grey hoodie, and a brilliant brown jacket over it.

All in all,my cousin looked rather good.

"Hello,Austin." I said with a grimace.I instinctively took a step back as he took one towards me. He sighed before saying, "Hello,Little Red." I scrunched my nose up as he said my nickname he gave to me when I was seven,but that was long before he betrayed us...before he betrayed me.

"It's been far too long-" "Apparently, not long enough." I spat as I glared at him. I could feel the pain and anger, I had long tucked away, start to boil up inside me. He not only berayed the pack,but he betrayed me. I trusted him with my life, and he still betrayed me.

"Look," he said, quietly taking a step forward, "I'm not expecting you to welcome me with open arms, but I do want you to give me a second chance.", he sighed and hung his head, "I had my reasons for joining that rouge pack...and I'm sorry. I didn't know they were going to attack our-your pack..Please,can't we just put the past behind us?"

"No.", I said threw clenched teeth as he looked up in surprise,"You betrayed me...I trusted you and you still betrayed me!",I could feel the tears start to well up in my eyes,threatening to paint my face with its wetness,but I fought them back as I blinked them away, "An 'I'm sorry' isn't going to bring back the people we lost that day...An 'I'm sorry' isn't going to bring back Sophie.", I whispered the last part,"So how dare you come here and ask for forgiveness you don't deserve!?!" I yelled as my body started to shake with rage.

I closed my eyes, remembering that dreadful day I lost my best friend...

I could feel the fear start to well up inside of me as I stared out of the big kitchen window. But why was I scared? I was a ten-year-old who could take down two full grown men with my eyes closed. So, why was the feeling of fear taking over me? The fear grew even more when I thought I saw somthing big move in the shadows of the ever-lasting forest.

"Tyler! Derek!" I called my big brothers, needing their presence to comfort me. They came flying down the stairs an ran towards me. "What's wrong litlle 'sis?" Derek asked as he crouched down to my height, Tyler was standing behind him,ready to protect me from anything that would harm me.

For a twelve-year-old, Tyler was a hulking 5"4, and Derek was just an inch below him. I was little compared to them,only being 4"9,but my strength made up for my smallness.

"I thought I saw somthing in the forest..I don't know why,but I'm scared." I whispered as I looked back to the forest .They both looked at eachother, speaking threw their minds,but I was to focused on the black-grey wolf that slowly started to emerge from my forest.

I tugged on Derek's shirt, never looking away from the wolf that was twice my size. I could feel them both looked down at me before looking to what my tiny,tan finger was pointing at.

Their eyes grew as big as sausers before Tyler ran to get the pack,and Derek picked my small body up bridal style and running towards the stairs. From there, everything felt like it was in slow motion.

My brother ran up the stairs, taking two at a time in one step, before reaching the top and then running down our never ending hallway. Doors seemed to fly past us until we reached my door did my brother slow down. His hands full holding me, he kicked the white,wooden door open with his black boot.

He ran into my black and purple room. My posters of Little Red Riding Hood clung to the walls,my desk, covered with papers, right next to the window with black drapes in front of us, my bed to the right of us,against the same wall as my door I scribbled on when I was three, the black rug underneath my bed that was full of plush,stuffed wolves.

Derek put me down next to my window before he started to push my queen bed to the wall to my right. I soon found myself staring out the window, seeing more wolves emerge from my forest. They all looked different, yet the same. The all had tattered, matted fur, except for one. A small gasp ecaped my lips as I reconized the wolf.

He had brown fur that seemed to glow and brown,but almost golden eyes. He had a strong build, but was still small compared to most of the others around him.  That was my cousin,Austin. The one I used to par with when I wanted to train.The one that would let me sleep in his room when I had nightmares that scared the crap out of me.The one I felt like I could trust, and know that he would be there for me no matter what. But now, he was with them. On thier side,not ours. With them,and betraying me.

I guess he could feel my gaze on him because he soon turned his head toward me and we made eye contact.

I could see sorrow and regret in his eyes, but there was somthing else behind them. I guess I would never know what it was because Derek soon grabbed my hand and dragged me towards the brown,wooden door that used to be hidden by my rug and bed.

He dragged me down into the darkness of what was like a cave. The top was wooden, but everything else was like a cave you would find in our forest. There where five tunneles, all leading to different places and cities.

Derek stopped suddenly as I said, "Derek, I saw Austin with the rouges." He turned to face me and crouched down to meet my hieght,once again. "Are you positive that was Austin?" He asked, the gears starting to turn in his head. I thought for a moment,making sure I was right,before slowly nodding.

Derek cursed under his breath,before saying in a command,"Rose, I want you to stay down here and not make a sound, no matter what you here up there,okay?" I slowly nodded. He gave me a flashlight and began to go back,but I stopped him for a moment. "Wait! What about Sophie?" I asked.

Sophie was my best friend. We've known eachother since we were one-years-old.She was a short girl, only coming a 4"6,she had long,beach blonde hair that stopped just above her butt, and ice blue eyes that compliment her beautiful high cheak bones. For a 10-year-old, she was very excotic and beautiful.

"I don't know, Rose. If I see her I promise you I will protect her." He said before going back up to my room. He closed the heavy door as quietly as possible,put the rug and bed back over the hidden door.

My eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness that seemed to swallow me whole. But I sat down,coverd my ears with my tiny hands, and closed my eyes as I tried to block out the vicious growls and terrified screams.

My heart stopped when I heard two pairs of boots beat down on my floor above me. I slowly opened my eyes, removed my hands from my ears, and I got up as quietly and quickly as possible. A spike of fear ran trew my spine as I heard the voice of Sophie shout, "Put me down!"

"Fine." a deep, rough voice said before I heard her drop onto the hard floor. I managed glide across the cave like room without a sound and found a crack I could see them through. There were two tall,buff men wearing  black shirts,and some dark,navey blue jeans, but no shoes. I couldn't see their faces, but I could see Sophie. She was as white as a ghost and teriffied of what to come.

I saw one pull out a shotgun and point it to Sophie. I closed my now wet eyes as I heard the trigger pull.

I opened my now wet eyes and looked Austin in the eye. With a shakey breath I said, "You weren't there. You were,but yet you weren't. I saw my bestfriend murderd and you didn't do anything. When I knew it was safe to come out, I ran to her body and she was-...", a sob escaped my mouth,betraying me just like he did,"She was gone..."

I walked towards him,now shaking from anger and the pain of losing my bestfriend, and slapped him as hard as I could across his face. I stepped back and said, "You know you deserved that." All he did was hold the side of his face and nodd. "Seeing as though you've come all this way, it would be very rude of me if you didn't see Tyler and Derek." I smirked as he looked at me in confusion. "Follow me." I commanded, the blood of an Alpha running threw me. And because of that Alpha blood, he did as I said.

We walked in silence all the way threw the forest and to the house. I took a few unesasery twist and turns to loose anyone who might be following us. After all,this is Austin.

Once we made it to the house, I opened the door letting him walk in first, just to keep a close eye on him.

"Derek! Tyler! Get down here!" I yelled as I heard footsteeps quickly come down the steps of the wooden stairs. "Where have you been?" Derek yelled as he started to come down. "We've been worried si-" Tyler began, but cut off instantly when he reached the bottom of the stairs and saw Austin. Derek came right behind Tyler, and at first they both stared at Austin in surprise and pure shock,but that surprise and pure shock, sooned turned to anger and pure rage.

"Guys,knock it off!" I yelled, using all of my strength to hold them back from Austin, who was now hiding behind the kitchen counter. "If y'all don't stop right now, I will sing at four in the morning for a year!" The stopped to consider it for a moment,before going back to trying to get to Austin.

I used whatever strength I had left and pushed them back a few feet. "Will you two stop acting like four-year-olds! It's getting on my last damn nerve!" I yelled and they stopped to stare at me. I nodded as they mumbled their apologies and lead them all to the living room.

We all sat on our brown couch,except for Austin,who sat on our ottoman in front of us. I glanced at the clock and was surprised when it was only noon.

We all looked at him for a moment before my two brothers started to load Austin with questions.

"Why did you leave?"

"Where did you go?"

"Why are you here?"

"Boys!" I yelled,but then put a hand to my throat that was starting to ache from all of the yelling. "Let him speak." I said in a command. They both sighed before looking at Austin,waiting for him to explain.

"Well", Austin began,"I better just tell you the answer to why I left." He looked at all of us before saying,"The reason I left was because...I found my mate"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...