Once Upon An Us || PJM ✔

By SunDazes_

✧ "Lilies were her favourite. It symbolized purity and refined beauty. Another specimen of her." ... More

❥ Prologue
❥ One - The hoodie girl
❥ Two - Everly Woods
❥ Three - Cupid in love
❥ Four - The D-day
❥ Five- The bad date
❥Six- Happiness comes with a price
❥Seven - Painful Reality
❥Eight - Confession & Heartbreak
❥Nine - Fault of Fate
❥Ten - Let Me Love You
❥Eleven - Dream
❥Twelve - Vacation
❥Thirteen- Be Your Moon
❥Fifteen - Goodbye, My Love
❥Epilouge
AFTERWORDS

❥Fourteen - Written In The Stars

36 10 3
By SunDazes_

°•¤•°

The car stopped infront of an apartment complex. Jimin moderately unfastened his seatbelt and looked at the passenger's seat. Again, Everly was fast asleep, like a baby. His soft gaze fixated upon her, he sighed.

"She always falls asleep in the car." He murmured, and took the raven's little hand on his and began to caress it gently. His mind fleeting from thoughts to thought, Jimin stayed like that for quite some time in the silence.

---

"You are going back to the hospital tomorrow, right?" Jimin broke the silence and asked as he walked Everly to her flat, hand in hand.

"I am." Everly nodded gently. "They are starting my treatment right away tomorrow." She said and paused on her feet as she felt her hand squeezed a bit. Her eyes went to meet the blonde latter.

Her heart thumped, looking at Jimin, she couldn't help but recall the conversation he had with his father. And how he had managed to look so fine after that, as if nothing happened. She had imagined the pain he must be going through, but the extent of it she didn't know. And that made her heart, hurt even more.

"It's alright. It's going to be fine." She could think of nothing but these futile words, which weren't even true. Jimin looked at her, his face clearly not swayed by it. Everly gulped, looking at his face that's not the most gleeful that she had always seen, scared her and made her nervous.

"I know." This surprised Everly a little. But she nodded nonetheless.

"Here we are." They both halted as they stood infront of Everly's flat. Both stood there in silence, nobody uttered a word.

"I should probably head inside." Everly said as she stepped forward, detaching her hand from Jimin's and rummaged through her bag to find the keys to her flat. But she was stopped, when Jimin hugged her from behind.

"Jimin, are you--"

"Can we stay like this for a minute?" Jimin whispered, nuzzling his deeper in her neck. "Just a minute."

"What's wrong?" Everly's heart pounded, afterall she knew all along what he had been feeling.

"I just... I wasn't by your side all day. Mum just snatched you away from me." It wasn't was Everly expected to hear. She was scared, that he would say something that'd shattered both of their hearts. But after all, Jimin was way too good at feigning things and covering up his feelings.

"We were mostly together for three days, Jimin." She chuckled as their bodies swayed from side to side.

"No, that doesn't cut it." He whined, hugging the raven even closer. "I don't want to stay apart from you, even for a bit."

"Oh, how dramatic you are." They both giggled at the fact.

"Should I just stay with you for tonight?" The idea popped on his mind. He made Everly face him and stared at her in anticipation. "Should I?"

"No." Everly deadpanned. This made Jimin's face to fall. His eyes boring holes at the raven, she spoke again, "Your mother seemed to be very happy to have you back home. And earlier, it seemed she wanted you to stay over. I think it's better if you go home. Your mother will be very happy."

Jimin nodded his head as if he was contemplating. Everly fondly smiled at his cute face. His eyes slowly met Everly's, his lips slightly formed into a pout, he had sulked. Everly bought her hands to cup his cheeks and pecked his pouting lips.

"You're going to come to the hospital tomorrow, right?" Jimin nodded. "Then it's alright, we'll meet tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow then." He leaned in to kiss the raven.

---

Few weeks later

Jimin sat on the bench outside, with his both hands supporting his head, little droplets of tears fell from his golden brown eyes.

Three days, it had already been three days since Everly was refusing that she knew Jimin. She forgot about him. Memories of their relationship now replaced by something else in Everly's imagination. And it broke Jimin's heart.

He knew well that it wasn't what she chose to happen but still, it hurt like hell. He already fell like he lost her. Everly's uncle, George, had assured him that the symptom was temporary and her memories could come back anytime soon. And that was only thing that had him kept going.

He already felt like he lost, and it was eating him inside.

Jimin ruffled his hair in anger, angry at himself for losing his sanity. He bit his lips, so hard he could taste the blood on his tongue. Right then he felt a light tap on his shoulder, that made him to turn around, not bothering to wipe away his tears.

His eyes widened to see the person infront of him and quickly wiped the tears with the hem of his sleeve. Bringing back his signature honey like sweet smile as if nothing had happened and stared at Everly, who stood infront of him.

"Is something troubling you?" Everly asked, a hint of worry laced in her voice. Jimin could tell. He could tell that her memories weren't back yet, because her eyes, the way she looked at him felt peculiar and cold. He felt as if his heart was tightly squeezed.

"Nothing-" His voice barely came out, with the lump that sat stuck in his throat. He lowered his head and then looked back at her with the same deceiving smile. "No, nothing's troubling me. I'm alright."

"Is that so?" She spoke, unsure if she should believe the blonde male. She sat down beside Jimin and looked at him straight into his eyes, making Jimin's breath to hitch. She came closer and narrowed her eyes to him.

"Your eyes tell otherwise though." With that she backed away.

"The wind is so cold and strong that it made my eyes to water." Jimin looked away and rubbed his swollen eyes. "I'm fine, really. Everything's fine."

"If it convinces you then, let's say you're really fine." With that Everly got up. She turned around to leave but ceased. She searched through the bunch of flowers she had picked from the garden earlier. A small smile creeped on her lips as she took out a white lily and handed it to Jimin.

"Here," she looked at Jimin, who was staring at the lily as if it was something strange. Everly sighed and placed the lily on his hand, "I usually don't give my flowers to strangers, but I'm making an exception for you. Whatever it is that's concerning you, hope you find inner peace."

Jimin stared at the lily, Everly's favourite. Inner peace... he could never. Not when his everything was coming to bits, breaking his heart completely. Tears brimmed his eyes again.

Some part of him was glad though. Everly's faded memories meant her being free from the cruel reality and it relieved him a little to see Everly smile profoundly.

Jimin's lips cracked into a weak smile. He watched as Everly walked away. Oh how he wanted to hold her in his arms and shower her with kisses and love. He broke into tears again.

---

Few days later:

In the midst of unsettling silence in the room, the sound of pen lightly hitting the table echoed. For the nth time, sigh left from Jimin's mouth who had his eyes engraved on the text books infront of him. He couldn't focus.

For the pass few days, with everything going on, he was a mess. He had neglected everything, his family, friends and college and even himself.

He didn't understand why he was being like this. He was so sure and so prepared for what's to come but at the end he fell apart. He let his vulnerable emotions rule over him. And what rubbed salt over his wound was, Everly hadn't come to her real state. Her memories weren't still back to it's place.

His phone that laid feebly on the table buzzed, gaining Jimin's attention. Monotonously, he picked up the phone and eyed the caller. Upon seeing the caller ID, he answered almost immediately.

"Is everything alright?" His voice laced with panic as he questioned.

"You should come over, now." The person from the other line spoke, the voice sounded wretched which made Jimin anxious.

He ended the call quickly and grabbed his car key and jacket before rushing out.

-

"Oh, you're here, Park." It was George that called Jimin. Jimin nodded at him. George took the blonde male by his shoulder and smiled softly before opening the door of a room, the very room that Everly was staying.

Jimin's anxious eyes carefully scanned the room, then it ceased, when he saw Everly by the window.

The window was wide open and she was looking outside. Her silky raven hair that seem to get thinner everyday, danced with the wind that entered through the window. Her lips were dry and pealing off. Her awfully pale white skin simmered under the sun. Her ocean eyes seemed void and lost.

A cold wave passed through Jimin's heart to see her hollow eyes. It was one of the things he never wished to witness. But he knew he had to, after all he vowed to himself he'll by her side, everyday and everywhere, whatever the situation he'd only show her his smile and accept every perfect and imperfect bits of her.

Everly noticed Jimin's presence and his stare. Her tired eyes made it's way to Jimin and the moment her eyes laid on him, they lit up. And Jimin could see it, see that the void was now filled with warmth and happiness, yet pain and worry. As if she was longing for the moment, for her and Jimin to meet.

Jimin saw it all, his feet with no haste strode towards his love. He arms aching to hold her, his lips aching to meet hers, his skin aching to touch hers. Man, he wanted to bawl his eyes out the closer he got to her.

His love, his life, his... everything. She was finally back. Her memories of Jimin had finally come back.

Jimin's hands naturally wrapped around Everly's waist and swept her off her feet. He held her oh-so gently as if she was made of crystal, a bit of force and she could break.

Everly too, had her arms around Jimin's shoulder. The warmth and love from every inch of Jimin's body soothing her. She forgot about all her pain. But one thing tugged her heart. Forgetting the love of her life.

"I'm so sorry, my love." She barely let out. "Sorry for not recognizing you." She was so sorry, even though it wasn't her fault. Tears started to stream from her eyes. Her frail arms hugged Jimin even tighter.

Jimin's heart shattered. He didn't needed her apology, for what she hadn't intentionally done. He just needed her in his arms.

"Don't be." He whispered. "It breaks my heart." He said, trying his all not to let his voice tremor, but he failed. "I'm just thankful enough having your memories returned."

"I love you." She whispered before looking into Jimin's eyes. "I hope you know that."

"I know and I love you, more than you could ever think of." Jimin planted a kiss on Everly's forehead. He then began to kiss her eyes, nose, cheeks and he paused right before her lips. His eyes trailed to her eyes that was closed shut, waiting for Jimin to finally kiss her and he did.

He kissed her. With his eyes closed, he could feel it, the agony, sorrow through her lips. Tears flowed from Jimin's eyes. Both helpless and in pain, there was nothing they could do but lament.

And that's what was written in their stars.

°•¤•°

The story is coming to an end :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54K 3K 15
Sometimes all we need is closure from the past to be able to move on. Character / Genre: Park Jimin x You/Reader| Pianist!au, Artist!Reader, Slice of...
16K 663 29
"Do you need a... private... tutor Miss L/n?" ~~~ You were just trying to live your best college life, then the substitute had to go and f*ck it up...
38.1K 1.5K 20
⚠️ || ITS A WORK OF PURE FICTION. THE MENTIONED IDOL HAS NO CONNECTION IN THE FOLLOWING ACT. PLEASE READ ONLY AS ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSE ||⚠️ "If there...
5.7K 279 43
#1 in btsjiminff #1 in parkjiminff | An Indian FF | Their worlds collided at a grand family function, where laughter and music filled the air. Jimin'...