Spacewalker

By elizabethokoye034

She became Tony Stark's personal assistant, only thinking of ordering coffee and whatnot. But it all changed... More

Author's note
The A
Tesseract
Sokovia
Toothpaste
Traveller
Pen
Quiet
Orion's Belt
Beer Pool
Astral Projection
Destruction
Farmhouse
Vision
Spacewalker
Meteor Shower

Ultron

141 8 0
By elizabethokoye034

Rue

"What's astral projection?" Rue questioned as Tony entered.

"An out of body experience," Bruce said. "When the conscience is out of the physical body and can travel anywhere in the universe."

"I was able to travel."

"Space travel in astral projection," Tony said in awe. "No one can prove it's real but we have evidence. Maybe we can play poker."

"All of these powers are defensive," she said. "Maybe the astral projection can be for reconnaissance."

"Re-reconnaissance?" Tony stuttered.

His eyes locked on hers and trailed to the papers he snatched. Skimming through them, he stopped at a page and dropped it.

"You're an Avenger now," he said quietly. "Are you still my..."

"No."

"But I thought we... connected," he said, entwining his fingers.

He started to sniffle as if her actions touched his heart and she and Bruce confusedly frowned until he ended his scene with a sigh.

"At least Ultron will be an assistant," she figured.

"Ultron? What's Ultron?" Bruce inquired.

"The AI we will create to protect the world," Tony explained.

"From the scepter?" he asked and they nodded.

"And my parting gift will be to plan a celebration when it's done. Even if it's a prototype," she said.

"Yeah we have about three days until these guys come to take it," Tony added and he waved a hand for Bruce to follow.

Rue exhaled once they left and leaned over to grab the initiation packet. Leaving the room, the hallways grew narrow and she could hear the construction work over the ledge and when she turned the corner, the eye-patched man stood in front of her.

"Have you made up your mind?" he asked.

She handed him the paper for him to look at and he didn't make an expression when he saw the signature.

"Welcome," he said plainly and walked away.

She opened a portal but before she could step through, she felt a presence behind her and pivoted to swing when Steve caught her fist and pulled her into a hug. Through her back, she could feel his chest rise and fall. With the exhale, she could feel his breath on her shoulder and her hairs spiked, sending a chill down her spine that he could probably see in her blue veins.

She returned the heavy breath before stepping away. She turned to face him, noticing that he had stepped closer and could tell his eyes were bluer than before. His hand fell on her elbow but nothing happened after.

"Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yes," she answered. "Sorry if I scared you, I just couldn't find my body."

"You never have to apologize."

"Okay," she said dryly. "I have a party to go plan."

Behind her, she opened a portal and smiled once more before falling backward and landing on the soft bed. She rolled to her side and covered her mouth, wanting to scream.

With a wide grin on her face, she rolled out of bed to her feet and pranced out of her room. She went to her formal office and sat on the computer chair to send invitations for the event.

She thought about live music but changed the idea and created a mix of classics. Light, one-bite food was necessary with bottles of champagne for toasts and an open bar.

Steve

Steve emerged from the elevator to hear the classical music from the speakers and people chattering with glasses of champagne in their hands. He checked himself to make sure his blue button-down was tucked and straightened his brown captain jacket before appearing in the lounge.

"Hey, Steve," Thor exclaimed from across the room and he went towards him.

"Thor."

He looked around the guests, sighing at Tony cracking jokes with Rhodes causing their group to laugh.

"Hey," Thor nudged his arm and glanced afar.

Steve followed his gaze to the elevator to Rue who had stepped out. Everything fell silent and still as he looked at the short lilac satin dress she was in. Her hair was slick back into a high ponytail with clips on the right side to hold the bangs. He noticed the gold chain around her neck that shined against the light alongside the faint sparkles.

"Don't stare, go get her," the old man spoke and he snapped out of his trance.

Thor patted him on the shoulder and as he started moving towards her, she was called by Tony and went to him. He exhaled, pivoting back to Thor who loudly laughed, playing a drinking game with the old folks.

Rue

Rue had grown distance to the conversation she was in, seeing Steve's blond hair behind Rhodes' head.

"I'm gonna get a drink," she said and slowly slipped away.

Going behind the bar, she shook herself an olive martini and sipped it, watching everyone enjoy themselves.

"Don't get too drunk," Natasha smiled.

"I won't."

The redhead grabbed a bottle and poured it into two shot glasses passing it over and they took it.

"Bruce looks like he needs someone to talk to," Rue said.

"And so does Steve."

She raised her eyebrows with a slow blink and Nat smirked with a slight nod.

"Oh and here comes Cap," Nat said and slipped away.

Rue stayed frozen and turned, leaning on the countertop to fit the puzzle piece he had formed. She glanced around, trying not to meet his eyes and when she did, they smiled.

"I had to get away from them, they were getting too tipsy," he explained.

She peered over his shoulder and frowned, "I don't think they were invited."

"You did a good job, planning and everything," he complimented. "Having a good time?"

"Yeah. You?"

He made an unsure nod and laughed it off.

"Drink?" she asked.

"Nah, I don't wanna end up..." he trailed off.

"Like me," she finished with a small chuckle. "We won't talk about it. Besides, I was living life."

"By getting yourself killed?" he questioned.

"Just walk it off."

She left him speechless and moved around the counter, winking at him, and returned to the group. Rhodey made a grandpa joke trying to impress them but they stayed quiet.

"Everyone else laughed," he said.

When the party was finally over, the after-party started. Rue crashed on the couch in a brown leather jacket beside Natasha as they fadedly sipped champagne, chuckling at random comments.

"What are you thinking about?" she asked Clint who was staring at Mjölnir.

"I'm just thinking about how Thor's the only one who can lift it," he explained.

"Well, I don't think there's such thing as being 'worthy'," Tony pitched in.

"So let's see if you're worthy," Thor said, raising his eyebrows.

Tony made a long look and stepped forward to the hammer and made a firm grip and tugged on it. Unfortunately, nothing happened as his hand armor flew in and tried to pull it.

"Rhodey, help," he groaned.

His friend joined in with the extra armor power but failed, making the god laugh.

"Who's next?" he asked.

Bruce stood when Nat stared at him too long and slipped his hand into the bracelet and yanked. He pulled again and made a fake roar, impersonating the Hulk.

"Maybe if you were green," Maria said.

"Why don't you go," he reversed.

"Nat?" she inquired but the Widow declined.

"I'll go," Steve spoke up, standing.

Rue caught his glance and found Nat and Maria's grin and rolled her eyes. Steve rolled up his sleeves, letting his muscles bulge out as he wrapped his hands around the neck. Everyone went silent when the hammer slightly shifted but he continued to tug and breathlessly laughed followed by Thor.

"Well since you haven't been able to make a black hole, let's see if you're worthy," Clint pitched.

"I don't know what your obsession is with black holes," she snapped.

She confidently stood and they gasped when she went around the table for the hammer. Instead of pumping to her fists, her veins pulsed the other direction as she pulled the wand of the hammer. Stepping back with a sigh, she blinked and the gravity in the room shut off and everything began to float.

"What's going on?" Maria questioned.

"She's cheating," Thor said, tucking in midair.

"Good to know the gravity isn't worthy," Tony chuckled, bouncing off the ceiling. "You can quit it now."

Checking where everyone would land, she turned on the gravity and they dropped to the floor, leaving the hammer back on its spot. From the irritation, she created a portal and the Mjölnir dropped right through. Thor grunted, sticking out an arm for the hammer to return.

"I think it may take a while," she smirked.

Everyone paused when they heard movement and glass shattered when the hammer landed in the god's hand. Besides that, clutter sounded and multiple Iron Legion robots appeared with one in the middle.

"What's going on?" Tony asked.

"Ah," it hummed. "Humans, the prime source of Earth's destruction."

It's head lifted and the legion fired their weapons, causing everyone to dodge for safety. Hill pulled out her gun to shoot but the bullets bounced off the metal as Cap swung his shield. Tony manually disabled one with a screwdriver and Rue sucked the other into oblivion.

The window had shattered from the wild aims and as Rue bolted for the main robot, a blast fired and her body seemed to consume the energy. Before she could reach it, Thor's hammer slammed it into the wall and the robot quietly faded with a chuckle.

"One got away," Clint huffed, staring into the night sky.

"What the hell was that?" Steve questioned.

Rue glanced at Tony then at Bruce and she sighed, "Ultron."

————————

Get You- Daniel Caesar

I don't think she'll be able to redirect the energy or save it for later like Black Panther because it's only for defense but it will come in handy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 45.2K 40
๐Ÿšจ[HEAVY EDITING (editing on hold)]๐Ÿšจ DISCLAIMER! This story was made in 2020 so any information about future Marvel works will be as if the reader i...
247K 6.2K 49
"๐˜๐˜ข๐˜ด๐˜ฏ'๐˜ต ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜บ๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ต ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฌ๐˜ด ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฃ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ค๐˜ฆ๐˜ช๐˜ท๐˜ช๐˜ฏ๐˜จ?" [ avengers ] - [ avengers: infinity war] ๐˜ฃ๏ฟฝ...
131K 4.4K 39
๐š ๐ญ๐ข๐ฆ๐ž๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐ž๐ซ๐ž ๐ง๐š๐ญ๐š๐ฌ๐ก๐š ๐Ÿ๐จ๐ฎ๐ง๐ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž ๐ข๐ง ๐ฌ๐จ๐ฆ๐ž๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ฐ๐ก๐จ ๐ข๐ฌ ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐ž๐š๐ซ๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ก๐จ๐ฐ ๐ญ๐จ ๐ฅ๐จ๐ฏ๐ž. แด‡แด แด‡ส€แด‡๊œฑแด›...
1.1K 120 27
Charlotte Red went through World War Two, helped to create a super-soldier, fought HYDRA, lost Steve Rogers a day after she told him she loved him, a...