Turning Tides- Snape's Sister...

By jade_diamond11

Evelyn Snape is a werewolf. (Just don't tell anyone). She's also the twin of Severus and both are best friend... More

Prologue- Just a Pair of Redheads and a Slimeball
Chapter 1- Meeting the Mischief Makers
Chapter 2- Into the Snake Den
Chapter 3- Tensions Rising
Chapter 4- A Centaur with a Solution
Chapter 5- Fooling the Fools
Chapter 6- First Detention
Chapter 7- Maps and Blackmail
Chapter 8- The Boy with Hazel Eyes
Chapter 9- A Rather Dismal Announcement
Chapter 10- Painful Transformations
Chapter 11- Banters About A Ball
Chapter 12- Unpleasant Holidays
Chapter 13- Wolfsbane Decisions
Chapter 14- Guilt
Chapter 15- Protecting Snivellus
Chapter 16- End of 5th Year
Chapter 17- Flirtations for a New Year
Chapter 18- Flying Dangerously
Chapter 19- The Wolf's Out of the Bag
Chapter 20- It's a Scary World Out There
Chapter 21- Redemption
Chapter 22- Wisdom from Dumbles
Chapter 23- Comfort from a Boy with Bedhead
Chapter 24- A Whirlwind Kiss
Chapter 25- So the Romance Begins
Chapter 26- Nerves and Quidditch
Chapter 27- Potter's Not a Complete Toerag, Lily
Chapter 28- Lily's Confession
Chapter 29- It All Comes Undone
Chapter 30- Six Months Later
Chapter 31- Strange Encounters of Diagon Alley
Chapter 32- James Has An Army?
Chapter 33- Teenage Mischief
Chapter 34- Missions with Moody
Chapter 35- Patronus Pairs
Chapter 37- Potter Christmas Party
Author's Note
Chapter 38- There's a War Burning
Chapter 39- Regulus's Plan
Chapter 40- Into the Cave
Chapter 41- Kreacher
Chapter 42- RAB
Chapter 43- Deerly Beloved
Chapter 44- The Spy
Chapter 45- Matchmaker
Chapter 46- Surprise!?
Chapter 47- The End
Chapter 48- Or Is It?
Chapter 49- Madness of the Ministry
Chapter 50- Turning Tides
Author's Note

Chapter 36- Order Meetings and Hope

10.5K 388 100
By jade_diamond11

Steading herself, Evelyn blew a deep sigh out of her lips as she stared at the door, unable to find the motivation to enter.

"See the funny thing about doors," Fabian appeared at her side, looking at her with a skeptical expression. "Is you actually have to turn the handle to open it."

"Oh shut it," Evelyn managed a small smile as she smoothed over her robes once more. "Are you sure they're going to be there?"

Fabian nodded, a flash of sympathy in his blue eyes. "Seeing as Sirius is of age and the rest are reaching it, Dumbles thought that they should be here. Last meeting before Christmas and all that."

"Right," Evelyn stuffed her wand into the pocket of her robes, taking a step forward and pushing open the door.

The usual murmurs and conversation filled the room as members of the Order stood around the central table, various glasses in their hands. Due to the nearing holidays, there seemed to be a general peace for once resting on the group, who did not cast the usual wary glances and suspicious glares. Evelyn bit her lip as she saw Lily seated at the table, staring at the wood blankly. The redhead looked as though she had been crying.

"She and James broke up."

Evelyn turned around to face Sirius, shock evident on her face. "What?" She took a step back, shaking her head shamefully. "It was because of the Patronus, wasn't it?"

"Yes, she took it hard," Sirius answered honestly, not bothering to sugarcoat the truth. "First time James has ever been dumped." He raised a cigarette to his lips, smoke trailing up in front of his face. "Although it was his first relationship too."

"Lily dumped HIM?" Evelyn squeaked, her lips parted in shock. "What? Why?"

Sirius sent her a dry look before striding away. "You should ask Evans that yourself."

Evelyn stared at her friend, who was twirling her glass absently and let out a sigh. Mustering all her resolve, she walked over to Lily, dodging a few Aurors.

"Hey."

The redhead looked up, her emerald gaze pained before she snapped her head back down to the table. "Hey."

"Listen, Lily, I'm just going to say it," Evelyn wrung her hands nervously, biting her lip. "I don't want you to break up with James. I'm really sorry about what happened, but that doesn't change anything—"

Lily held up a pale hand, her rings glinting faintly under the light of the chandelier. "Yes, it did." Taking a sip of champagne, the redhead finally met her eyes. "It made me realize how I had to stop ignoring all the signs."

There was a long pause as Evelyn grew more nervous, shifting her weight on the seat. "Signs?"

"That's it's not me he truly cares about," Lily shook her head vehemently as Evelyn opened her mouth to argue. "No. I'm not asking for your pity, I know the truth." She sighed, fiddling once more with the drink in her hand. "He was too much of a gentleman to end it. But I couldn't pretend anymore."

Evelyn sat in discomfort, feeling a mixture of guilt and excitement. She shook her head, mentally scolding herself for not thinking of the pain Lily must be in. "Lily, I would never want to come between you two."

"But you have," Lily grimaced, reaching over to squeeze her hand softly. "And that's okay. Maybe in other life James and I would have worked." The redhead paused, her emerald eyes glistening with emotion. "But that's not this one."

Evelyn reached over, throwing her arms around her friend's shoulders and holding her close.

"Well now that we've had all the sentimental rot," Moody's voice startled her, the grizzled Auror staring in her direction as he continued, "there is business to attend to."

"Thank you Alastor," Kingsley Shacklebolt stood to address the room, his dark skin contrasting beautifully with his purple robes. "We have had word that Voldemort is attempting to recruit his forces from places other than just wizards."

Evelyn stiffened as a small wizard popped up beside Kingsley, his expression somber.

"So far we have confirmed reports of giants, centaurs, and werewolves all being approached by his men."

Evelyn caught Remus's gaze. The boy looked rather pale, his scars standing out more in the dim light. She felt a stab of worry. Surely it wasn't time already.

"I have a team lead by Meadows to address the giant problem," Kingsley continued, scanning the Order with a dark gaze until his face rested on Evelyn. "And the centaurs seem to be disinterested in supporting either side. However, I believe it is time we send a spy into the werewolf dens."

Evelyn swallowed, trying to keep the fear from her eyes as she twisted her gloves in her lap. She had known it was a possibility, but not now.

"Miss Snape," Kingsley's voice was gentle as the other Order members turned in her direction. "I have been told you have been prepared for this mission."

"Yes," Evelyn's voice trembled slightly and she took a deep breath, steadying herself. "I can."

"WHAT?"

The attention turned to James, who had stood at the table abruptly, his eyes wide. "You can't be serious." He turned to glare at Kingsley, "there must be someone else."

"I am afraid there is not," the Auror responded simply, a sadness in his eyes.

There was a large bang as Moody slammed his staff on the ground, causing the murmurs to cease. The man leaned forward, keeping one eye on James and the other on Evelyn. "Snape is perfectly capable of handling the task," he grunted, taking a large swig out of his flask. "Wouldn't be sending her if I thought otherwise."

Evelyn felt a warm flush of pride, sending the Auror a weak smile.

"You job will be to keep an eye on the pack and report any strange activities," Kingsley continued, his deep voice strangely comforting. "We have prepared methods to extract you, should things not go our way." He lowered his tone further, fixing her with stare. "It is crucial that you keep your distance from Greyback."

Evelyn swallowed, nodding her head. "Planned on it."

"Greyback?" Remus seemed oblivious as the Order turned to look in his direction, his eyes dark. The Gryffindor shook his head, his voice hoarse. "No."

A ball of horror formed in her stomach as Evelyn's eyes opened in realization. "You too," she whispered, meeting Remus's gaze in shock.

There was a heated silence before Sirius gritted his teeth, stamping out his cigarette on the table, causing ash to fly everywhere. "How long will she be gone?"

Moody leaned on his staff, a weariness in his face that Evelyn had not seen before. "Could be anywhere from three to six months."

Evelyn bit her cheek harshly, causing blood to fill her mouth. Swallowing down the taste, she tried not to grimace.

"Absolutely not," Sirius shook his head, long tendrils falling out of his low bun. James sat next to him in silence, looking rather pale.

"It's fine," Evelyn managed a smile, feeling Fabian squeeze her shoulder in reassurance. "I'll be okay, Siri."

"And if you're not?" the Gryffindor raised an eyebrow challengingly, although Evelyn could see the pain in his eyes.

"Then that's a chance I'm willing to take," she responded softly.

---

After the meeting had ended, Evelyn stood quickly in an attempt to disappear into the throng of Order members.

"Evelyn, dear," Fleamont Potter extended a hand, pulling her to a stop. "Could we have a word?"

Evelyn turned to face him and Euphemia, the kind couple smiling at her comfortingly. James hovered behind them, looking anywhere but her face. "Yes?"

"Fleamont and I would like to invite you to the Christmas party we're having in a couple weeks," Euphemia squeezed her hand, a sad expression on her face. "Before you leave, it might be nice to see all your friends again."

Evelyn blatantly stared at James, willing him to look at her. The dark-haired boy refused and her smile warbled. "I don't know if that's the best idea, Mrs. Potter. But thank you."

"Evelyn." Fleamont's tone was firm as he clapped his son on the back, forcing James to look forward. "We would love to have you."

Sirius appeared over Evelyn's shoulder, the smell of tobacco pungent in the air around him. "And if you don't," the Black smirked dangerously. "I'll combine efforts with the Prewetts and drag you there anyways."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.2K 1.1K 8
Lilliana (Lillie) Lupin is just starting her seventh year with her twin brother and best friends. The only catch: she's in love with one of them. Whe...
473 0 52
Completed but currently in editing :) Noelle Starling. A sixth year Gryffindor student at Hogwarts, friends with the infamous Marauders'. Quiet, but...
19.4K 501 54
Liza Prewett has enough to consider without involving the Marauders in her life. Starting her sixth year, she's struggling to hold together her frien...
4.1K 140 44
You may have heard of a fifth marauder, but what about six? Arabella and Anwen King are twins, completely different from one another. Bella loves to...