Imperfectly Perfect (A WeiLan...

By Poly007

The perfect human being Zhao Yunlan falls for the perfect human being, Shen Yezun but ends up getting married... More

Prologue and Character Intro
2. Miserable Mr Imperfect
3. Lost My Heart
4. Do Not Fall For Me
5. Pronounce You Husband and Husband
6. Wei, Not Ye Zun
7. Troubled Mr Imperfect
8. Stuck With Him
9. Upside Down
10. Ride to Hell
11. Fallen Angel
12. No Breather
13. Bow Wow
14. Chaos Chaos Everywhere
15. Chaos Chaos Everywhere - II
16. Hey, Husband
17. Black and Blue in Love
18. Realisations
19. Making Amends
20. Love Is All You Need
21. Teas and Traumas
22. Jealousy and Wars
23. Jealous Husbands
24. Love or Obsession
25. Love and Dark Pasts
26. Desperations and Drunken Shenanigans
27. A Lot Like Love and Love
28. Love Me
29. Fates and Destinies
30. His Karma
31. In The End - I
32. In The End - II

1. Mr Perfect Meets Mr Perfect

935 57 42
By Poly007

A drop of sweat trickled down his temple, he took his neatly folded handkerchief and quickly wiped it away, nervously smiling at his would-be husband, but his breath got stuck in his throat when the person smirked playfully and winked at him. He quickly looked around to see if anyone saw the indecency.

A chuckle made him nervous and blush harder. He looked down, the only way he could think of to prevent the oncoming impropriety from this guy who soon would be his better half.

On priest's concord, the person started with his vows, "I, Zhao Yunlan, take you, Shen Ye Zun to be my lawful husband. I promise to be true to you in good times, in sickness and in health. I will love and honour you all the days of my life... nothing will ever make me stop loving you..."

He quickly looked up at the face of the person saying those vows, realising the words being said were not just basic wordings but were meant for him, especially for him.

"I vow to love all the perfections that you have and all the imperfections. I vow to stay by your side, come what may." Yunlan smirked one more time.

And he could not remove his gaze from the handsome face, from the flirty gaze that had captivated his senses. He was frozen for the moment, his heart beating faster than a galloping horse. He could not believe whatever was happening, it was all surreal.

"Do you take Zhao Yunlan as your lawful husband, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and cherish until death do you part?"

No answer.

"Do you want me to repeat, son?" Priests gruff voice could not reach him.

He remained immobile.

"Ye Zun, you alright?" He could faintly hear his soon-to-be husband's voice but it was distant.

He was frozen on his spot, not able to answer.

While all the eyes present in the church were on him, he was having an internal monologue with himself. His answer will change his life from here onwards, was he ready for it?! Should he say those words, 'I do', especially when he was not even Shen Ye Zun but his twin, Shen Wei.

Let's rewind and see how the groom's twin ended up in the church, as his decoy, shall we?!

It was a cliché.

A long time back two perfect babies were born in two different wealthy families, miles apart yet destined to bump into each other in future.

Zhao Yunlan and Shen Ye Zun were their names.

Let's meet Zhao Yunlan first because I do not want you all to get confused like I am right now -  Author *gets shoved away*

Always a class topper, best at all sports activities, winner in everything he does... long story short, the perfect human being ever created.

The kid grew up to take over the family business and aced at it too, helping the business grow by leaps and bounds.

The second-generation richness, Zhao Yunlan was one and the only heir to multibillion Zhao Enterprises and Zhao Yunlan was absolutely NOT humble about it.

Zhao Yunlan bought cars like shoes, and he bought shoes like grocery. Zhao Yunlan knew he was born with a silver spoon in his mouth and he enjoyed every bit of it. He partied, he shopped, vacationed in the tropical islands, he fucked whoever he wished, with his uber-handsome looks, he had no dearth of men and women, Zhao Yunlan was living a life that most people could only dream of but his life was about to change... for good or worse, we'll have to wait to witness.

Although Zhao Yunlan was a typical rich brat, one thing that made him human was his habit of driving his car. He never trusted people with his cars or bikes, he trusted only his own driving/riding skills.

And he hated how Shanghai had so many traffic signals but he was a responsible citizen, he never jumped any.

He was waiting patiently when a car parked right next to his car and he couldn't help admire the beauty. It was a Tesla Roadster and suddenly Yunlan was thinking, why he does not have one.

The window was rolled down when Yunlan was looking at the car, and Yunlan could feel his heart somersault within his chest to see the person behind the wheels.

Yunlan gaped, not able to believe the sight.

The person was the epitome of beauty with his porcelain white skin, his chiselled facial features, the jet black hair that was tied in a small bun, and the slender fingers on the modish steering, Yunlan felt his heart flutter.

It was love at first sight.

The person drove off and Yunlan did not wait for another second to follow the car. With a smirk on his face and his hands on the steering wheel, Yunlan was determined to get the beauty.

But to his surprise, the car in front of him seemed to take it as a challenge and sped up. Yunlan's smirked widened, he sped up and soon was driving alongside the car, racing with it on full-speed.

Both looked at each other, both smirked, both eager to defeat the other.

They sped up. Both the supercars drove at top-speed and soon they were on the outskirts of the city, shifting gears, trying their best to beat one another.

Yunlan was winning by just inches, he turned his head to find the person furrowing his brows, an indication that he had no intention to back out.

Yunlan lifted his feet off his accelerator, slowing down, to let the person win, in the hopes to win his heart instead. For the first time in his life, Yunlan decided to lose. The stakes were high, his heart was on the bet here.

He stopped and then waited. He saw the car vanishing from the sight. He chuckled to himself, the person never stopped.

"Some other day, angel, some other day," he slapped the steering wheel but then he saw the car coming back.

His smirk broadened. The car neared and stopped right next to him, the window was rolled down.

"You lost intentionally."

The voice was melodious but Yunlan resisted looking. He just smirked and when finally when turned his head with a dramatic manner, he was blown away. He did not even realise and he had gotten out of the car as if under a spell.

This person did not even look human with his god-like features. His long tresses had escaped his pony and now fell over his ears and forehead, his face looked milk-white and with the black wayfarers, his complexion almost sparkled in the sunlight. He wore an oversized white shirt with grey trousers, Yunlan mentally admired the classy dressing sense of the guy.

"If you are done fucking me with your eyes, shall we talk about what you did just now?"

Yunlan was brought out of his trance by the sharp remark. He smirked and composed himself, shoving his hand in his pockets.

"What did I do?" Yunlan acted innocent.

The person nodded, already annoyed by Yunlan,  "playing dumb, are we?"

"If that appeals you..."

"There's no way you can lose with a goddam Ferrari."

"Well, I did not want to win in the first place. I thought I could follow you around the city..." Yunlan winked.

The guy finally smirked, a slight blush visible, "I would have been impressed by your flirting skills but I don't take wins for charity." He was suddenly serious.

"Then... let's race again and this time I promise I won't let you win." Yunlan was enjoying it, "and after that, I can follow you  your home, maybe?"

The person chuckled, "Too much confidence, Mr..."

"Yunlan, Zhao Yunlan. And you..."

"Ye Zun... Shen Ye Zun."

And this was Shen Ye Zun, another perfect human being created by the almighty. Just like Zhao Yunlan, Ye Zun was a winner, a topper, the finisher in all senses.

With perfect looks and charm, Ye Zun too had no lack of attention from both men and women. Ye Zun was an extravagant person, from the most expensive watches to luxurious cars, he preferred everything fine. His only wish in life was to enjoy it as much as possible. Although he partied and lived his life to the minute, being the perfect son, Ye Zun took over his family business.

Now back to Yunlan and Ye Zun.

Ye Zun looked away, he did not like how he too was enjoying the company of this handsome flirt.

"Ye Zun..." Yunlan repeated, tasting it on his tongue, "So tell me, Ye Zun, how do you want to do it?"

Ye Zun creased his eyebrows.

"Establish the real winner," Yunlan rolled his eyes.

Ye Zun nodded, "Let's meet at the Arcade tomorrow?"

Yunlan raised an eyebrow but then nodded, "Alright. If that floats your boat."

Ye Zun was about to sit in his car but suddenly furrowed his brows, "What even?"

Yunlan chuckled, he knew it was stupid, float boat.

"You know what, I don't think I want to know," he got inside his car, "See you tomorrow, Mr Zhao Yunlan."

Yunlan watched as the supercar reversed and then drove off.

"See you, Ye Zun." He sighed, "See you..."

Yunlan was impressed and he knew there was more to the person than just good looks and he was looking forward to it.

So, Mr Perfect and Mr Perfect have finally bumped into each other.

I think we are ready to meet Mr Imperfect?!

Actually, there were not two but three babies. Two were perfect and the third one... was imperfect, handcrafted by god when he wasn't in the mood to work at all maybe.

His name was Shen Wei, Shen Ye Zun's younger twin. (A/N: Yup, he isn't the elder one but the younger one, minutes younger.)

Why imperfect?!

When Ye Zun passed his kindergarten, Wei failed. Who fails kindergarten?! Well, Wei did. When Ye Zun graduated from his junior secondary, Wei again failed and was now two classes behind his twin brother. When Ye Zun passed his middle secondary, Wei again failed his junior secondary and was now three classes behind.

Ye Zun was a great swimmer, Wei knew how to drown. Ye Zun was a gold medalist in archery, Wei couldn't see without his glasses, Ye Zun loved horseriding, Wei was scared of all the creatures that walked on four legs... oh wait, he was scared of chickens too. Ye Zun was a marathon runner, Wei was asthmatic. Ye Zun loved racing, Wei did not know how to drive, he tried, he did try but accidentally drove into his own living room, his very last attempt at learning driving.

In short, he is our beloved Mr Imperfect.

Hope you enjoyed it?! Tell me if not. Will fix it in the next chapter.

Will try and keep the story interesting for you all.

This chapter was just to set the characters forth.

And my author notes suck.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 1K 18
Hello this is my first Attempt to write a story, I hope it will be a good one and worth it to read. My most loved characters are of course of Guardia...
21K 1.2K 23
My favourite couple as always are my Shen Wei and Zhao Yunlan from Guardian by Priest. the story is about two cousins that they grew up together as l...
16.3K 955 13
Shen Wei and Zhao Yunlan grew up together, becoming best friends over the course of years. Everything was going along fine until Shen Wei fell in lov...
756 97 15
Zhao Yunlan is a lonely guy who hardly to fall in love. Even Zhu Hong tried to tackle him, his heart never moved. But then he saw the most beautiful...