She's One Of The Boys

By lilly-rain

Secrets do not stay hidden for long. Have you ever had a secret that you would do anything to keep from your... More

Chapter 1 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 2 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 3 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 5 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 6 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 7 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 8 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 9 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 10 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 11 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 12- She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 13 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 14 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 15 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 16 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 17 - Shes One Of The Boys
Chapter 18 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 19 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 20 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 21 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 22 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 23 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 24 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 25 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 26 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 27 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 28 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 29 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 30 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 31 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 32 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 33 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 34 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 35 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 36 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 37 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 38 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 39 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapte 40 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 41 - Eva's POV (extra bit)
Chapter 42 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 43 - She's One Of The Boys
Chapter 44 - She's One Of The Boys
Finale - She's One Of The Boys
Letting ya all know what's going on....

Chapter 4 - She's One Of The Boys

570K 9.9K 1.1K
By lilly-rain

Whoop, I went from 12 to 17 fans in one day! Thanks so much for fanning ppl! =)

~ ~ Chapter Four ~ ~

     "Fine, don't be friends with me then," I muttered, sounding a little sour – this is why I have stopped trying to be friends with people, they just don't know how to take me and think I’m a bully of some kind - which I’m totally not, I just say what I’m thinking and some people can’t handle that....which is not my fault.

Just then the bell rang and I jumped to my feet, grabbed my bag and ran out the room and into the hallway, only to come to a stop and pull my schedule out. English with Ms Drew, oh, isn't she the one whose class I just snuck in on? Great.

"Lost already?"

I frowned up at Brody, "No," then I glanced down the hall and started to slowly make my way there, noticing that he was following me, "Stalker much?" I frowned as I looked back at him from over my shoulder.

He laughed, "We have English together, loser."

I moaned loudly, it's only second period and I feel like this day is never going to end. Checking my schedule again, I have food class next and then lunch. Maybe I can fake sick and go home after that? Boarding school was so much easier; I could just sneak off and lock myself in my dorm and hide out in there or go wander around the large grounds.

"Yaaaay," I quietly cheered with fake enthusiasm as I remembered what Brody had just said.

"Butt head," he chuckled then shoved me in through the open door, I kicked my leg back and got him in the shin somewhere. He yelled slightly then poked my ribs; spinning around to glare at him, I smacked him in the forehead.

"No poking," I warned and then turned away before he could see the smile on my face.

     "Are you actually in my class this time or are you invading it again?"

I stopped and looked over at Ms Drew who was frowning at me slightly, I smiled the sweetest smile I have, "Yeah, I'm in this class."

"Invading?" Brody was confused, I shook my head telling him to not worry about it and found a seat up the back, I pretty much sat in the corner that the creepy pocket knife dude had been in because the corner Grant had been in, was all wet.

Looking down at the top of the table as I sat down on my seat, I raised an eyebrow at the deeply carved scratch marks into the plastic. Any deeper and the creepy dude would have cut right through it all.

Brody sat down at the single desk next to mine and pulled his iphone out his pocket and opened up some game. Peering over his shoulder I could see tiny little zombies running around, "Naww, aren't they so cute?" I cooed, purposely trying to annoy him.

"Yep," came his short one answered reply.

"I'm bored; can we go home after lunch?"

Brody didn't look away from his phone, "Nope."

"Fine, but then you can miss out on mine and Grant's sleepover tonight," I grinned as I pulled a blank notebook out of my bag and began doodling random pictures.

"Everyone, attention please," I looked up at Ms Drew who was trying to put order in her class, but since I just saw her last one; I knew it was a hopeless attempt for her. She sighed after a few minutes, "Fine, do what you want, but if anyone is interested in passing English this year - we are reading any Classic," then she sat down in her seat behind her desk.

Looking around the classroom, I noticed two other girls on the other side, sitting next to each other. One was painting her nails and the other was talking on her phone, both looked to be the catty type. I wondered what they even did to get sent to a school like this. Break another catty girl’s fake nail?

I chuckled out loud to myself at that thought.

"Brody my man, who’s the gorgeous girl?"

Both of us looked up, me in disgust and Brody in anger at the boy now sitting in front of him, he had blonde hair that was messy but cut short and sparkling blue eyes, also a killer tan any girl would drool over, but not me. This guy screamed 'player' with a capital P.

"In your dreams," I muttered.

"Yeah, what my sister said Bryce," Brody growled, getting his point across loud and clear.

I had turned to look at my brother in shock, what is it with them these days? Before I left they didn't care if I spoke to other guys, but now it's apparently such a big deal and they seem to be playing the 'over protective brother' roles a bit too seriously.

"I can defend myself," I snapped quietly at Brody.

"I know," he muttered, "But I wanted Bryce here to get the point. You're my sister and he is not to treat you like he does other girls."

Bryce smirked, "Message received dude," and then he looked at me, "I'm Brody's better looking friend, so you like our school so far?"

Small talk. Great, just what I wanted.

"You're not that hot to have such a big ego, so take it down a peg or two," I muttered then picked my pencil back up again and started drawing an old rickety wooden bridge - it looked crap, but hey I never said I was an artist.

Brody roared into laughter, "Dude! You just got owned!"

Well, if I didn't have the class’s attention already for being the new kid, I sure as heck did now because I was sitting next to doofus one who was laughing loudly and doofus two sulking.

"Did not," Bryce mumbled, "You could have warned me that she was nasty." he added as an afterthought.

"What? I'm not nasty; I just say it how it is," I defended myself, again.

I know I can be a lot of things, but I'm not nasty, well not on purpose anyway. Bryce smirked at me, "Its okay, you can make it up to m- ouch man!" he shouted as he grabbed his arm and stared at Brody in shock.

My brother shrugged and sat back down in his seat, "Don't hit on her and I won’t need to punch you," he simply stated.

Bryce rolled his eyes, "Can't kill me for trying."

"But I can. It's called self defence," I smirked up at him.

Brody chuckled, "Yeah, our Eva is one of a kind."

I rolled my eyes and went back to my drawing, Brody played his game for awhile, but got sick of Bryce leaning over his shoulder and shouting orders at him; even I punched Bryce in the arm at one stage for shouting so loud right next to me. He just grinned at me and sat down, bugging Brody to play a game of cards, which he finally gave in and agreed too. They asked me to play, but I was happy drawing.

     Walking out of the class room and shoving Brody into other students who were all trying to get out at the same time, a hand grabbed my wrist just as I stepped through the doorway laughing, and yanked me to the side, "What the heck!" I shouted angrily, then looked up and smiled briefly before punching Stevie in the stomach, "A little warning next time," I muttered.

Stevie just grinned at me as he scratched the back of his head, "C'mon, class is on the third level."

     Groaning loudly as we stepped onto the second level, "Why can’t they have elevators?"

"They do - for teachers," he laughed.

I groaned again, the rest of my classes better not be up and down all day because that will seriously suck. Isn't it bad enough that I'm at school, let alone having to walk a thousand stairs as well - okay, slight exaggeration, but you get my point.

Walking in behind Stevie I recognised a few other students from some of my classes and that girl who won’t be friends with me; she glanced up, turned bright red and looked away quickly. I rolled my eyes as Stevie turned to look at me, raising an eyebrow and clearly asking 'what?', but I shook my head.

"Who else do I have in this class?" I asked Stevie as we walked over to a long bench at the back and sat down on the stools.

"Travis, when he gets here."

"Do we actually have to cook food?" I asked again, eyeing the ovens set up all around the room - one for each bench by the looks of it. I can't cook and it's not from lack of trying, I seriously just don't have the skills required to turn ingredients into decent eating.

"You can mix, I'll do the rest," Stevie chuckled.

"Geez, thanks," I muttered.

"Good morning class," a lady breezed in with a long flowing dress on, she walked over to her desk and picked up her apron, tying it up at the back as her warm brown eyes rested on me, "Hello, I'm Mrs Hazel. You must be Eva, correct?"

I gave a nod, but offered nothing else.

She smiled slightly, "No hats on in class please - and that goes for your hood too, Simon," she turned and stared at a boy on the other side of the room who groaned just as loudly as me.

I turned and looked up at Stevie pleadingly, I really didn't want to take my hat off, but being the douche he is, he just laughed at me. Frowning I ripped my hat off my head and slammed it down on the table, no longer in a good mood, "What's the point of having brothers if you can't even play the brother card with them?"

"Cheer up, your hair isn't that bad," he teased, knowing that's what my problem was. I hated my hair.

"You suck buttercup," I grunted, only causing him to laugh again.

Mrs Hazel got one person from each table to go into the back store room and collect a container that had 'lesson three' written on the front. I made Stevie go while I sat on my stool and stared out the window, but it wasn’t long until I heard loud noises coming from the corridor and then the door banging open as two boys came stumbling in.

Turning to look along with the rest of the class, I tried to hide my smile. There being pinned on the floor was the annoying boy from Grants first class who offered to walk me back to Mr Cuss, but that's not what was funny. No, the funny part was my big brother Travis had him pinned down on the ground, holding him by the scruff of his hooded jumper.

"Boys!" Mrs Hazel screamed, trying to separate them with just words, but they weren't listening as they rolled around, throwing punch after punch. I was all fine with just watching them until that other boy landed a tight fist right in Travis's face. That made my blood boil.

How dare he touch my brother like that!

Jumping to my feet, I stormed over to the two boys. Standing back for a moment, I timed it perfectly and then kicked the other guy straight in the thigh as hard as I could. He stopped for a split second and looked up at me, confusion in his dark brown eyes for a moment and then a knowing smile slipped onto his face for a split second before an angry look took over again.

"Travis! Get the heck up off that ground right now because if you are sent home, I will make sure I am sent home with you!" I shouted down at my brother.

"Argh, Eva, I forgot you were in this class," he groaned, then rolled around so he was back on top of the guy, "Remember what I said, you stay away or you will have all of us on to you," he growled, then jumped to his feet, brushed his jeans off, glanced at a stunned Mrs Hazel, "Morning," he smiled politely with a nod, and then he walked over to Stevie at the back of the room, who was standing there with a grin.

I noticed that girl who didn't want to be my friend was sitting alone and staring at me with her mouth wide open, well, actually pretty much the entire class was staring in shock, "What?" I snapped.

Looking down at the guy who was standing up, he smirked at me slightly then brushed past roughly as he walked towards the back. A small gasp escaped my lips as sharp tingles shot through my arm and body within seconds, only to already be fading away, but that didn't stop me from inspecting my shoulder casually.

The guy stopped and slowly turned his head to look back at me, his eyes searching my face for something as I looked back up at him. I don't know what he saw because I was stunned momentarily, but he took a step back towards me, leaned in close to my ear and whispered five little dreadful words, "I know what you are."

I couldn't move, I was shocked, I knew my eyes had grown a little as I stared into his seemingly dark brown knowing ones, then a smirk spread across his face and I snapped out of it. There is no way in heck that he knew, no way at all.

"A girl?" I muttered hotly after I realised I was still yet to say anything.

His face hardened slightly and he turned and walked off, taking a seat next to the pocket knife guy while I headed over to the bench with Travis and Stevie, "Why did you just roll into the class room having a punch up?" I asked Travis as I sat down in the middle of them both.

Stevie was pulling ingredients out of the container and handed me a glass bowl and a wooden spoon.

"Because none of us like him, so stay away from the tool," Travis muttered as he picked up the piece of paper which had instructions printed on it, “He’s not a very nice person.”

Looking over at the guy I remembered that strange feeling of almost gentle electricity that ran through my body at his touch, I shivered slightly. "You got no arguments from here," I mumbled as I looked back down to see Stevie pouring a large amount of flour into the bowl, "I know I can’t cook, but I'm fairly sure that isn't two cups."

Stevie chuckled, "I know." I had to laugh; he made himself sound like a naughty little boy who was being rebellious by adding extra flour.

"Cocoa powder next," Travis tipped some in, so I guess we weren't bothering with correct amounts at all. Next we added, eggs, milk, and sugar - well, they added salt instead. It's not like we planned on actually eating the cake once it was cooked anyway.

"I must say, we are pretty damn good chefs," I smiled.

"Five star restaurants here we come," Stevie laughed.

"Bro', you do know you're the one taste testing first," Travis poked Stevie in the chest with the cake batter covered spoon.

Stevie glared at him for a second, not even bothering to attempt to wipe it off as he scooped up some left over mix and threw it at Travis's head, hitting him in the cheek, "Oh crap, I'm so sorry dude," he faked an apology.

I couldn't help it, I cracked up which only made them both turn on me, but I was too quick. I was off my seat and running to the other side of the room, ducking as a chunk of cake mix went flying past my head and splattered on the wall.

"Boys! Enough!" Mrs Hazel suddenly walked back in and started yelling, "No food fights!" but we didn't listen, heck at this point, I wanted to get sent home, so if this helped my case, then so be it.

Spinning around I came face to face with a smirking idiot - yes, the one and only idiot who thinks he knows what I am. I smirked back, then grabbed his eggs of his table and spun back around to throw them at my brother's, hitting each of them in the chest.

Stevie's face was priceless, "Oh no you didn't!"

I grinned, nodding my head slowly, "Oh yes I did!"

"Here babe," a familiar voice spoke from behind me, I glanced at the bowl of cake mix that was being offered to me with the spoon still in it, "Knock your heart out," the idiot grunted with a smirk.

I took the bowl and looked down at him, what is his name again? I couldn't remember, but the idiot who thinks he knows what I am nodded at my two brothers, I looked back over at them ignoring that annoying light feeling in my chest and held the bowl in front of me, "It's war!" I laughed loudly.

They both froze, then quickly ran and snatched up their own bowls from other benches and that is how we started a mass food fight, surprisingly they were the only two to throw anything at me, but even then, they didn't do it much because the entire class got involved and food was flying from every direction.

The bell rang not long after and Stevie quickly ran over to our bags, scooped mine up with his and he tossed Travis's bag to him and we bolted out of there before we could be made to stay and clean up. Laughing my head off so much that my cheeks were sore and I had tears in my eyes - I haven't laughed or smiled this much in such a long time.

Travis grabbed hold of my hand and pulled me down the hallway, "We'll go to the gym bathrooms to clean up."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.3K 1K 35
Matt just wanted to be left alone. He hated everyone and everything and his life consisted of the same routine every single day. He liked it that way...
44.4K 1.1K 35
Amber is a completely normal girl. She sings at parties, goes out with her best friend Stacy and is one of the most popular people in school, but sen...
117 39 16
After Clara's parents move to a different country and let her grandfather look after her, he passes away and she is forced to go to a boarding school...
1.3K 48 30
15 year old Oliver has it hard and on top of that his family is keeping a huge secret from him his twin brother Evan, his twin sister Aspen and his y...