FATE (2nd version)

By taebbyboy

I rewrote FATE to fix my cringy-ness and mistakes. The original story is on my page. --- Taehyung gets abus... More

1
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12

2

609 65 9
By taebbyboy

  Jungkook chuckles at the boy's response, oddly respecting it. The raven-haired boy walks towards the pier and plops down, leaving room for the other boys who watch him as he talks, "Well, I'm certainly not going to say."

  Taehyung just shakes his head, "I'm not either."

  Jimin sighs, going over to sit next to Jungkook, "Fine, I'll tell."

  Taehyung slowly follows and quietly takes a seat beside the two boys. Jimin was one of the most popular kids at school, and Tae has heard of Jungkook from other kids. Apparently, he was a loner, and he did illegal things outside of school. Who knows if it was true or not, though.

  And Taehyung? Well, he was just a nobody.

  Jimin sighs somewhat dramatically, "So, my parents are trying to set me up with some rich chick. Supposedly, she will be my wife or some shit." His fingers run through his blonde hair, but it just makes his hair fall into his face more.

  "You don't like her?" Taehyung asks.

  "I don't know her. Don't care to know her. She wasn't anything special if I'm honest," Jimin says with a shrug.

  "So, she was ugly?" Jungkook asks, his eyebrows raised.

  "Not at all," Jimin responds, "I just didn't care."

  "Is she the reason you're out here?" Taehyung asks from the other side of him. He shakes his head, his hair shines in the moonlight, "Nope. My parents."

  Jungkook sighs, "Parents."

  "You an orphan or something?" Jimin raises his eyebrows at the taller male on his left. Jungkook leans back on his hands as he talks, "No, my dad left and it's just my drunk ass mom who can't keep a job."

  Jimin hums in understanding. Jungkook looks over at the quiet boy on the other side of Jimin. He was looking down at his lap, playing with his fingers. He looked so tiny next to Jimin who was bursting with confidence. Jungkook had seen the kid around school and always thought he was cute, but never talked to him before.

  "What about you, little guy?" Jungkook asks, not even noticing the name that slipped. Taehyung looks up, his big brown eyes blink at them, "I don't want to share anything."

  At least their parents didn't hit them.

  "Oh, come on. You know my name, but I don't even know who you are," Jimin nudges Tae's shoulder.

  "I only know you from school," Taehyung mumbles, shyly looking down again. Jimin's eyebrows knit together before speaking, "You go to my school?"

  "I do too," Jungkook says making Jimin whip his head over in shock. He has never seen these kids in his life.

  "What's your name?"

  "Jungkook."

  "Jeon Jungkook?" Jimin asks in slight surprise.

  Jungkook smirks at the reaction, "The one."

  Jimin eyes him, "You fit the description," He claims. Jungkook defensively responds, "What's that supposed to mean?"

  Jimin ignores him and turns to Taehyung. "What about you? What's your name?"

  "Uh, my name's Taehyung."

  Jimin stares at him blankly for a second then shakes his head, "Nope. Never heard of you, kid."

  Jungkook leans over to look at him, "Wait, I've heard of you."

  "You have?"

  "Yeah. Heard some guys talking about you. They seem to really hate you." He explains.

  Taehyung sighs sadly.

  Jimin claps, "Wait, I know you! You're that kid that gets bullied. Yeah, Kim Taehyung."

  Taehyung blushes in embarrassment, looking down. Great, they knew exactly who he is.

  "Seriously?" Jungkook elbows Jimin and gives him a knowing look. The idiot then turns back to Taehyung.

  "I'm sorry. But you really get beat up?"

  Jungkook wants to roll his eyes at the question.

  "Umm, Y-yeah."

  "Do you know why?" Jungkook asks even though he has his suspicions.

  "I don't know."

  "There must be a reason," Jimin says.

  "I-I just don't know, okay?" Taehyung replies, the little confidence in his voice wavering.

  The others didn't say anything. What was there to say? He clearly didn't want to talk about it, so the three boys sit in silence for a while and stare at the moon's reflection on the water.

  After a minute or so, Jimin cuts the silence, "So, how did you find this place?" he asks Taehyung.

  "I always come here."

  "Oh, why?"

  "Jesus, do you ever know when to stop talking?" Jungkook asks, glaring at Jimin who had his eyes narrowed.

  The staring contest gets interrupted by Jimin's phone. He digs into his pocket until he pulls out the expensive device. He looks at the text and huffs as he starts to get up, "I have to go home."

  "Oh, must suck to go home to your big mansion and your big comfy bed," Jungkook mocks him, pissed off at how spoiled Jimin was.

  Jimin, who was now standing, crosses his arms with a frown, "You don't know anything about me."

  Jungkook stands up as well, meeting the boys glare, "I bet I do."
  "Please, I'd like to hear." Jimin says, his tone definitely a warning.
  "Please don't fight," Taehyung says as he stands up as well. The boys finally look away from each other.

  "Whatever. I'm leaving," Jimin says as he puts his phone back into his pocket, "Bye Taehyung and fuck you, Jungkook."

  Jimin then walks away.

  Taehyung and Jungkook stood alone. Jungkook turns towards Taehyung and smirks, "Hundred bucks say we never see that prick again."

  Taehyung's lip slightly lifts but then he suddenly blurts out the question on his mind, "Are you going to fight him?"

  Jungkook just raises his eyebrow. "I doubt, why?"

  "Oh, I just thought you guys were."

  Jungkook shrugs, watching as the boy next to him yawns. He wonders what his deal was. Why was he so closed off? Why was he out here alone?

  "You should go to bed," Jungkook says as he continues to watch the boy.

  "I'm okay."

  Taehyung could feel Jungkook's gaze, and it made him insecure. Why was he staring?

  Jungkook never got to see Taehyung up close before and he was absolutely adorable. He was small but not short. Taehyung never looked into Jungkook's eyes, he noticed.

  "Why were you here before Jimin showed up?"
  Taehyung was quiet for a few seconds before answering "Why do you care?"

  Jungkook was taken back by the response. What was he hiding? It's a simple question with a simple answer, right?

  "Okay," He huffs and starts to walk, "I'm going to go. I'll walk you home."

  Jungkook stops when he doesn't hear Taehyung following behind him.

  "You coming?"

  The boy shakes his head, "I'm going to stay a little while longer."
  Jungkook scratches his head, "It must be almost midnight," he guessed, not having a watch on him.

  "Okay."

  Jungkook sighs and gives the boy one last look before leaving the clearing.

———

  Taehyung felt safe in the middle of the woods at night. To most people, this is a huge fear. But to Taehyung, it was safer than home or school. He didn't even think about the darkness as he lays down on the pier and looks up at the stars. The sound of crickets comforted him. It was Saturday night, or Sunday morning if Jungkook was correct, and he didn't have to get up for school in the morning, so he just stays there until he finally falls asleep.

  Jimin is thankful that the house is quiet when he gets home. He sneaks his way up to his room on the third floor. He changes into his silky pajamas and jumps into his big warm bed. His mind drifts to the boys he had met that night. In Jimin's opinion, they were both super cute. Cuter than any of the girls his parents forced on him. Was it observation or was it attraction? He doesn't know.

  Jimin snuggles deeper into the covers. Jungkook was right, His bed was comfy as hell. A small smile appears on his lips. Jungkook was amusing and that Taehyung kid was just adorable.
  He falls asleep not a minute later.

  When Jungkook gets home, the trailer was an absolute mess as always. He checks on his mom, seeing her passed out. He shuts her door with a sigh and takes out the gun from his waistband. He reaches into his hoodie pocket and takes out the wad of cash. He smiles. This will be the thing that helps his mom get back on her feet. He picks up a few things to make the house not look so trashy.
  He doesn't realize how late it actually is because once he gets to his room and hits his bed, he's out like a light.

————

:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

775K 31.9K 59
❝Even after my hopes being torn apart, even after carrying a broken heart, even after all your faults, I was, am and will be forever your...
198K 9.4K 28
This is a story I'm gonna rewrite about Taehyung was being bullied because of his eyes. There's nothing wrong with his eyes. They were beyond beauty...
1.7K 292 9
Taehyung's life turned upside down a certain day, The noble teenager's life turned into full of tragedy..Once happy Taehyung turned into an Assassin...
56K 1.7K 44
Trying to move on when you finally realize the people you love will never love you back. After the death of his mother Jungkook begins to truly see h...